The University of Chicago

The University of Chicago Employee Reviews in United States

productive place to work
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
We are a self-sufficient clinical area. We strive on patient satisfaction/engagement and have an open door policy. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing exams that need to be done. the most enjoyable part of my job is participating in building the moral with my teammates and Leaders.
Nice Place to Work
Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2016
Hard working and fun,get along with co-workers and management. Very knowledgeable of what needs to get done and room for growth.
Pros
Excellent Benefits.
Cons
Hours are limited for certain people.
Excellent employer
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
Beautiful campus, including the Gothic architecture, tulips in the spring, and green space. .

+ Rigorous academics taught by excellent faculty, some of whom are Nobel Prize winners.

The university is with no doubt an outstanding educational & professional work institution. If you want to come to this "brainy" university just to study and do nothing else, I'd highly encourage you to do so. The university is great, the professors are great, and the administration is also great as well the employers.
Stable envirorment
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
Processes in place to achieve goals. Some ethical issues with leadership may have been addressed by now. Dependable and knowledgeable staff. Tendency to seek professional guidance in the form of consultants when necessary. Showing dedication towards positive change.
Pros
Long time dedicated staff
Cons
Shortfalls in ethics
Good place for Innovation
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, the work culture and the technologies they were using were really interesting.I got good scope to learn here and also implement what I have already learned.Most of their applications were on .NET.
Research
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
It is beneficial for me to learn more fundamental knowledges in different filed by working at current lab. my job based including following three part:
Full time on solving problems;
Writing papers based on resulted data
Continue work on interesting questions
Very solid learning environment.
Telephone Interviewer I - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Working a the University of Chicago in the National Opinion Research Center has been an amazing experience.

Every day is different from the one prior. The staff and co-workers are very cooperative and eager to help in whatever way possible. The atmosphere is totally conducive to a learning environment. The hardest part of the job would be possibly not being able to work on more than one project at a time as well as people many times hanging up on us without hearing us out.

While the most enjoyable part of the job would be conversing with people from all walks of life. The humorous answers sometimes are not to be compared to even some of the greatest comedians we see and hear on a daily basis. People are just people and that makes for a very enjoyable day.
Pros
Ability to make adjustments to the schedule given due to life circumstances.
Cons
Breaks are short, not giving enough time to catch your breath and relax a moment before rushing back to the desk.
Supportive and fun
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILMay 27, 2016
UofC is a great place to work! People here are approachable and nice and professors always supportive of students. I have seen staffs who have been here for a long time, and have been happy with the work place. The hardest part of the job was to manage time for the countless things you could go to, for example seminars and talks. The most enjoyable part of the job was to collaborate with different labs and also explore the city with friends!
Temp Staff Position
Temp Administrative & Interim HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere and the culture. Chicago's top university for the most cultural events and diversity. An amazing environment to excel in.
Pros
Chicago's most prestigious university.
Cons
NA
Productive and very quiet work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2016
Working here was like any typical work office job. There was numerous amounts of scanning, filing and inventory. The hardest part about this job was scanning different pictures because they were so big and hard to scan, so at times it was very challenging. The most enjoyable part was working with my co- workers as a team.
Great Work Place
Fitness Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
I think The University of chicago is a great place to work. I am always around people and also getting knew Connections. Also I get access to two Gym Facilities
A day at work
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
Fast past
Get all signature when doctor is not in the room
Collect copays
Have the patient understand what they are signing
Consultant position to assess existing facilities condition.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
A typical day had our team meeting in the AM to coordinate our various facility review tasks. We would meet again over lunch & review the highlights of the morning tasks. At 3:30 PM; we would all meet with the Director of Plant operations to present each days findings. In particular; we would point out facility deficiencies by level of immediacy, etc.
Our team was composed of building facility professionals representing all aspects of construction, HVAC, electrical, etc. They were all extremely competent & we worked well together.
The people we interfaced with at the University were extremely capable & helpful in assisting us in our research.
Pros
Fantastic exposure to a major University addressing facility improvement.
Cons
I did not find any aspect of this assignment, or the people to be problematic.
Great place to work.
Senior Program Technical Assistance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Working at U of C was great. I had great boss who really cared about his employees. Only left cause contract was ending and was offered a better job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long ride from home.
Productive and Busy workplace.
Clerical/ Reception (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
My day at work is consists of answering phones, greeting and directing patients to their desired destination. I am in charge of scheduling meetings and appointments for the physicians. I perform various clerical duties as well such as filing, faxing, emailing, copying and scanning sensitive documents for employees and physicians.
Pros
I love that I am always able to be productive at my job.
Cons
No overtime available.
poor management
Staff Nurse/Quality Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2016
great salary great for education. The management staff is poorly educated and often drops the ball. Good for great pay and experience.
ok
Research Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2016
its ok a little disorganized and the HR department is really bad. The health insurance it really expensive and not very good which is surprising since its a hospital.
Wonderful environment and atmosphere
Vuln Analyst/Acting Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2016
High intellect and a beautiful campus. Cutting edge technology at the forefront of medicine. Excellent, historical, lively and diverse location in Chicago.
Pros
Remote work, High Intellect
Cons
Not enough Food Trucks!
University Of Chicago Medical Center
Stem Cell Transplant Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
The University of Chicago provides and promotes a workplace where cutting edge medical technology and expertise evolves constantly. Your co-worker is not just a co-worker but they become your friend and a family member. You both are working for the same reasons, which are optimal patient care and you are definitely provided with the tools and environment to achieve a common goal.
Challenging
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2016
- great coworkers/staff
- plenty of interesting work going on
- need more direction
- lots of very intelligent and highly skillful people, you can learn a lot from them and also make tons of useful connections

4.3