The University of Findlay Employee Reviews

Oncampus job
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 14, 2015
Depending on the day, the work was different, usually maintaining the dining hall, but sometimes also maintaining the salad bar full with the varieties of the day. The staff includes mostly students, but it's friendly and warm.Not the most glorious job, but includes a meal every shift.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No extra benefits
Laid Back Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OhioMarch 10, 2015
As a housekeeper, the job can only be so fun, cleaning up other people's messes. The job is truly what you make it out to be. Supervisors and coworkers were very laid back and easy to get along with.
Good university
Adjunct Faculty/Computer Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great being an Anatomy instructor and also working in the cadaver labs.
Good job to have while in school and helped pay for school itself.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 19, 2014
Learned a lot of the inter-workings of the University. A typical day of work consisted of sitting on a laptop doing desired updates to websites and other office duties. My management and co-workers were always friendly and easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was waiting for direction from other people. As it was a university run website I had to wait on approval before moving on or taking action on certain things I knew needed to be done. The location, the hours and the people were all enjoyable parts of my job there.
Pros
work from home, paid for some of schooling
Cons
busy work, and pay cuts
High turnover for top administrators and faculty
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 3, 2014
Keeping customer happy more important than teaching. Adjuncts and non tenured faculty are at bottom of the ladder.
Great University with great people
Information Center and Box Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 8, 2014
A safe university with helpful professors and friendly community
A great place to work and learn!
Security Officer, Technology Systems (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day at UF is never routine. There are always new challenges to overcome and learn from.
Pros
job security, benefits, job freedom.
Cons
lower than state average wages.
Athletics
Graduate Assistant of Athletics (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 19, 2014
To me a typical day at The University of Findlay is my perfect day. I wake up everyday excited to get to the University and start out by working out the baseball team at 7am, and once 8:30 am hits I am in the office working along side our Assistant Athletic Director handling all of the compliance related responsibilities for our athletic department. On a the best days are when we have game that night that I get to manage from start to finish.
Fun place to work and get to meet new people from all over the country/world.
Recreation Center Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 6, 2013
My typical work day was sitting at the rock wall waiting for anyone to come and climb. The other co-workers and I would take turns belaying other students or faculty members climbing the wall and teaching them basic climbing techniques. In the down times when no one would be climbing we would listen to music or have a chance to do some homework. Learned the proper techniques for belaying someone. Our bosses were very laid back and liked to have a good time and have fun at work as well as doing our jobs well. The hardest part of my job was belaying someone for a long time with no break, the repeated motion can wear you down if it's non-stop climbers the whole shift. The most enjoyable part was able to meet new people and build friendships with the students who came in regularly.
Pros
able to set routes on the wall, it wasn't too difficult of a job to do
Cons
no benefits, limited hours due to many employees
I enjoyed working here because of the people I worked for on a daily basis.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 2, 2013
It was a wonderful work environment, and you could not ask for anything better.
Maintaining a clean campus
Check student (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 31, 2013
-Assigned an area to up keep and execute the task at hand. Cutting grass, laying down mulch, watering plants.

4.4