The University of Georgia Employee Reviews

Bad Choices Made
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, GAApril 3, 2015
Pros: In a small town in Georgia. that name carries a lot of weight. It's UGA! I think I've said enough.
Cons: I don't truly know if I have been black-balled.
I really enjoyed working for UGA. Although, it was a part-time job, it was great for me living in a small town with minimal expenses. I landed a full-time job and decided to keep both jobs. My supervisor at the time did not like that I had both jobs and did everything he did to get me to quit. When that didn't work, he tried to fire me! I reported him to the UGA HR department, and the case was being handled, but due to personal issues, I ended up quitting. I now wish I had stayed, because he retired and I feel like he painted a bad picture of me to UGA and for that reason, I can't get another job there. I may be wrong, but it's been 3 years and I don't have the job yet. However, I still feel like it was a great company to work for and if circumstances were different and I had stayed, UGA would have done right by me.
Great place to work!
Director of Diversity Relations (Current Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: no two days are the same.
Cons: upward mobility can be difficult!
Excellent work environment! Provides the opportunity to develop the next generation and help others achieve their goals.
Verey Instructional and learnig and interactive place to work and learn
Laboratory Manager II (Current Employee), Athens, GANovember 11, 2014
It is one of the best intititution for learnig and advanced degree.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 2, 2014
Excellent teachers and staff always looking to give you the best learning experience
Diverse and fun work environment
Food Chemistry Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at UGA. Made some of my best friends there and had some very memorable moments together.
Food Service
Food service (Former Employee), Athens GaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: management, upper management no raise
The job itself isn't bad, the mangers are horrible and don't know how to talk to people. It's no room for advancement, they are very picking about you using your annual and sick leave time. They make up rules to get you not to use them. You schedule can change anytime and it's nothing you can do about it.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Griffin, GAMay 28, 2014
I learned vast amounts of knowledge as a research assistant.
I was a Teachers Aid
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: no homework!
Cons: none really, grading papers i guess
I was a student and served as the teachers Aid. There isn't much more to say other than that. Basically help the teacher take roll, grade papers and manage other classroom logistics.
THE BEST PLACE TO LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT POULTRY
MAM Research Assistant (Former Employee), ATHENSFebruary 17, 2014
THE BEST PLACE TO LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT POULTRY
BUILD A LOT OF FIELD EXPERIENCE
Productive workplace with a strong interest in fundraising.
Administrative Associate I (Current Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare, great co-workers
My position is one with many different job duties. They range from typical administrative work such as processing employee reimbursements, purchasing items for the office, etc., to compiling research of foundations providing grants that may be beneficial to The University of Georgia. The research aspect of the position is very enjoyable to me. It's great to be able to help a professor or research worker on campus connect with a foundation and be able to obtain funding from that foundation for a project they are working on. To know that your work made that possible is very gratifying.
Education Review
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: ability to make a difference is people by assisting.
Cons: some people are reluctant to get the help that is available. example: tutors, etc.
A typical work day at UGA is somewhat fast pace depending upon the department. My duties included answering multi-phone line, fax, email, retrieve and distribute mail, data entry, file, assist with projects, bill board, photocopier, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was use of Microsoft Office and front desk duties. Other duties included • Analyzes problems, questions, issues, etc to develop and report recommendations for resolving them.
• Conducts research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete
projects and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
• Documents data/information such as office work activities, purchasing, budget
expenditures, program changes, and resource utilization. Prepares reports and
communications.
• Organizes and coordinates daily activities and efficient function of the office.
Assists supervising staff in organizing and executing routine activities and special
projects.
• Plans and coordinates meetings, conferences, seminars, and travel calendars.
• Provides administrative and/or technical assistance to clients and staff. Researches
and/or resolves client issues or questions. May represent the manager in various
matters.
Great Place
Accountant, Contracts and Grants (Current Employee), Athens, GeorgiaNovember 24, 2013
Great Environment for Education. The true interest in the development of world-class research and student achievement.
Good work!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, GAJune 27, 2013
On a typical day,I would assist the main professor with copies, grading exams, and classify student information. Around exam period, there would be so much to do in so little time, so I definitety learned a lot about time management and working under pressure. The hardes part of the job would have to be giving back the exams, since most students wanted to argue about their grades. The most enjoyable part would have to be the learning experience. Working there made me realize that I can work in any environment,
Great people to work with
Associate Accountant (Current Employee), Griffin, GAMay 9, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: pay, benefits
A typical day would for me would be reconciling reports, processing payroll, budget amendments, journal vouchers, and getting workers hired for the two departments that I work for. With that being said, I don't always have typical days. The management and co-workers here are easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is having so many different rules that are constantly changing. For example, The Board of Regents has its set of rules, UGA has its set of rules, each college in UGA has its set of rules. This can be frustrating at times, but at the same time, keeps my job interesting. I am always up for a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. We are a team here.
Relaxed, professional and educational
Systems Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Athens, GAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: near perfect job, fantastic boss, excellent people
Cons: save for some long hours to get things done
This job was not easy, but my previous department's co-workers talked me into it as my skills far outstripped a desktop support and
webmaster job.

Even though my first 3 months I was in over my head, I used every tech skill in my possession and made it my own and enjoyed every single day for 4 years.

Skills in cross-platform Operating System (Windows, Linux, Solaris) and networking (wired, wireless, fiber), Servers, Workstations, Desktops, Support, VPN, VNC to increase production and security.
Stable work
Building Service Attendant (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 21, 2012
Cons: healthcare, life insurance policy
Cleaned offices, bathrooms, sweep and mop floors.
Took garbage to the dumpsters,put up supplies,etc.
Wonderful
HR ACCOUNTING MANAGER AND BENEFITS COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 8, 2012
A great employer and the administrative leaders are respected and valued. A terrific place to work!
Research Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, GAAugust 27, 2012
During the course of my research experience, I learned how to properly use laboratory equipment and how to communicate the experiment to others in the lab. A typical day included cleaning the materials to be used and using various equipment and software to analyze the data.
Positive environment for students.
Desk Assistant, University of Georgia Housing (Current Employee), Athens, GAMay 9, 2012
Good, lax work environment. Great employer flexible working hours.
Steady employment with reasonable standards.
Facilities Clerk I (Former Employee), Griffin, GAApril 10, 2012
Pros: good benefits, reasonable expectations.
Cons: little to no chance of advancement.
Overall, I can't complain much at all about my experience working for the University of Georgia. The compensation wasn't the best, given that it is state government, but the benefits were excellent.

The work standard was fair. Do your job, and you're fine.

The main flaw is that your position within the University basically remains static once you are there. There is little to no chance to ever see a promotion. They like keeping their workers exactly where they are, rather than risk shaking things up.