The University of Georgia Employee Reviews

Stressful but worth it
Assistant Research Greenhouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 1, 2017
I've learned excellent time management and self-motivation skills due to the high expectations of the managers. Being surrounded by researchers allows you to learn as you go, most of which wouldn't be learned in another work setting.
Higly supportive and collaborative work environment
Part-time Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 20, 2017
Flexible work environment. Course instructors are allowed academic freedom to design and implement course content as they see fit. Colleagues are quick to share resources.
The Best Summer Job!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJune 9, 2017
I spent 4 summers during my college years serving as a summer camp counselor with the 4-H Program. Those were by far the best summers of my life so far! I taught a number of classes, led a small group of campers, served as a high ropes instructor, arts and crafts coordinator, and registration coordinator. I also served as a lifeguard.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 18, 2017
I have learned a lot taking classes and working at the University of Georgia. I have learned more about physics and science in general than I ever thought possible.
experience really depends on the advisor you have
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 20, 2017
I was a PhD student at UGA. also working as a graduate research/teaching assistant. My pay was enough to cover every expenses.
My good experience here was because I had a good advisor. If you are considering to study/work here, research your advisor before hand
Very good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 26, 2016
good learning experience, hands on experience on new technologies, exposure on communicating business requirements, understanding the work culture in this country
Great job working with great people
Student Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Job can be challenging, but overall is great pay for getting to share your knowledge with others. The people are also super cool.
good place to work and have a family life
materials handler (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy working for the university of georgia but miss the retail business and would like to return typical day starts at 730 am and ends at 430 where i unload trucks store product fill orders for retail units around campus
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cadaver Dissection Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2015
Wonderful place of employment I enjoyed my colleagues and supervisor thoroughly. Acquired several skills during my two years, some of these skills include becoming well versed in Microsoft office, efficiently working as a team with others on projects, and acquiring more knowledge on the Anatomy and Physiology of the human body.
Pros
A constant learning curve
Uga
International Education Financial Director (Former Employee) –  Athens, Ga.May 18, 2015
UGA is a great place to work. People are great and everyone honestly cares about the success of the students. It's a different place to work versus the private sector, but the goal is the same and consistent throughout, quality of education is the top priority. UGA is under relatively new Senior Management and they are doing a great job. Some levels of Senior Management are a bit myopic, but the vision remains clear, quality in the delivery of the student experience. There are several positions in Senior Management that would benefit from turnover.
Pros
Schedule, people
Cons
Public University is very political
Bad Choices Made
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, GAApril 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working for UGA. Although, it was a part-time job, it was great for me living in a small town with minimal expenses. I landed a full-time job and decided to keep both jobs. My supervisor at the time did not like that I had both jobs and did everything he did to get me to quit. When that didn't work, he tried to fire me! I reported him to the UGA HR department, and the case was being handled, but due to personal issues, I ended up quitting. I now wish I had stayed, because he retired and I feel like he painted a bad picture of me to UGA and for that reason, I can't get another job there. I may be wrong, but it's been 3 years and I don't have the job yet. However, I still feel like it was a great company to work for and if circumstances were different and I had stayed, UGA would have done right by me.
Pros
In a small town in Georgia. that name carries a lot of weight. It's UGA! I think I've said enough.
Cons
I don't truly know if I have been black-balled.
Great place to work!
Director of Diversity Relations (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Excellent work environment! Provides the opportunity to develop the next generation and help others achieve their goals.
Pros
No two days are the same.
Cons
Upward mobility can be difficult!
Verey Instructional and learnig and interactive place to work and learn
Laboratory Manager II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 11, 2014
It is one of the best intititution for learnig and advanced degree.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 2, 2014
Excellent teachers and staff always looking to give you the best learning experience
Diverse and fun work environment
Food Chemistry Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 29, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at UGA. Made some of my best friends there and had some very memorable moments together.
Food Service
Food service (Former Employee) –  Athens GaJuly 19, 2014
The job itself isn't bad, the mangers are horrible and don't know how to talk to people. It's no room for advancement, they are very picking about you using your annual and sick leave time. They make up rules to get you not to use them. You schedule can change anytime and it's nothing you can do about it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, upper management no raise
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAMay 28, 2014
I learned vast amounts of knowledge as a research assistant.
I was a Teachers Aid
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 18, 2014
I was a student and served as the teachers Aid. There isn't much more to say other than that. Basically help the teacher take roll, grade papers and manage other classroom logistics.
Pros
NO Homework!
Cons
None really, grading papers I guess
The best place to learn everything about poultry
MAM Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ATHENSFebruary 17, 2014
The best place to learn everything about poultry
Build a lot of field experience
Productive workplace with a strong interest in fundraising.
Administrative Associate I (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 21, 2014
My position is one with many different job duties. They range from typical administrative work such as processing employee reimbursements, purchasing items for the office, etc., to compiling research of foundations providing grants that may be beneficial to The University of Georgia. The research aspect of the position is very enjoyable to me. It's great to be able to help a professor or research worker on campus connect with a foundation and be able to obtain funding from that foundation for a project they are working on. To know that your work made that possible is very gratifying.
Pros
Excellent healthcare, great co-workers