Pros: ability to make a difference is people by assisting.
Cons: some people are reluctant to get the help that is available. example: tutors, etc.
A typical work day at UGA is somewhat fast pace depending upon the department. My duties included answering multi-phone line, fax, email, retrieve and distribute mail, data entry, file, assist with projects, bill board, photocopier, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was use of Microsoft Office and front desk duties. Other duties included • Analyzes problems, questions, issues, etc to develop and report recommendations for resolving them.
• Conducts research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete
projects and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
• Documents data/information such as office work activities, purchasing, budget
expenditures, program changes, and resource utilization. Prepares reports and
• Organizes and coordinates daily activities and efficient function of the office.
Assists supervising staff in organizing and executing routine activities and special
• Plans and coordinates meetings, conferences, seminars, and travel calendars.
• Provides administrative and/or technical assistance to clients and staff. Researches
and/or resolves client issues or questions. May represent the manager in various