The University of Iowa

The University of Iowa Employee Reviews

CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 28, 2015
Pros: good time for lunches
Good management- always schedules what is needed/wanted, good hours available, overtime available, good pay, has great benefits. Had good coworkers, everyone friendly.
Motivating environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Iowa CityJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed helping students understand difficult concepts. Interacting with students rekindled my passion for the sciences. However, it was difficult when grading revealed that some students did not understand it as well as others.
RA position with UI
Research assistant (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good for out of state international students as you would pay in-state tuition with this role
Cons: Minimum wage
This job provides me not only the in-state tuition benefit but also good training and exposure to legal research skills honing. I enjoyed working with each professor and I have gained a lot of knowledge outside of normal law school courses.
Not the greatest from an employee stand point
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 23, 2015
I did not feel like I was an asset to the company, always treated as if they could find anyone to replace me and didn't bother helping me advance to accomplish my own goals.
good people
custodian (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 22, 2015
Pros: charging food
Cons: puke cleaning
I like working with the people and in this environment. they are good people mostly. I wouldn't leave if I wasn't tired of cleaning
Simply the best
Storekeeper (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJune 7, 2015
University of Iowa is a great place to work. Great hours, great pay, great benefits...everything is just great. Employees are fun to work with and everyone helps everyone.
Alot of overtime available.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great place to work, advancement was easy to obtain.
Cons: Had to work alot of overtime.
Work was different everyday. Never knew what was around the next corner. Management worked along side us, and was available when needed. Hardest part of job was dealing with irate persons. Co-workers was great working with. Most enjoyable part of job was knowing that you was out there helping people.
Great environment for gaining valuable skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Difficult to track hours
I am fortunate enough to work with a great team of people with common goals. I appreciate how the hours are flexible and I have good management. I like how I have been able to start applying what I learned in the classroom in a real life setting. The hardest part of my job is keeping track of how many hours I work.The most enjoyable part is being able to come up with creative solutions to problems.
U of I Dialysis
Clerk lll Dialysis (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Home Dialysis nurses good to work with
A typical day at work involves scheduling patients for dialysis, ordering supplies for Home Dialysis patients and for the unit. In my clerical duties here I also schedule ancillary appointments to other departments within the University Hospital.
Work I have enjoyed here is intake for transfer patients and traveling patients which requires direct phone contact with outside dialysis units. I have also enjoyed making sure that the Home Dialysis nurses get the support they need.
The Home Dialysis nurses are the most supportive group of people which makes them a good group for training patients to do dialysis treatment at home.
Well rounded facility with great staff
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 27, 2015
I started out as a desk clerk at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics when I moved to Iowa City, IA. I then earned my radiologic technology certificate and started working there in the radiology department. I am now participating in the nuclear medicine technology program at the hospital and will earn my B.S. in Radiation science in July. I love this hospital and I have always enjoyed my time here. I believe I have gotten a very well rounded education here, and it is a healthy learning environment for students. I would not trade my experience at the University of Iowa for anything.
Temporary job
Business Representative (Clerk III) (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 25, 2015
As with all my temporary jobs with the University of Iowa. With the jobs that I preformed, I learned so much and those skills made me feel very accomplished.
Team Driven, Mission Focused
Academic Programs Specialist (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 23, 2015
A great place to work with opportunities to meet new people and take advantage of professional development. Flexible work environment with great benefits.
Productive place for working and living
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Academic Environment, Nice Professors, Great Life Style
Cons: Quiet, Small City, Job Limitation
Having studied and researched at Iowa College of Law, the law school is clearly the ideal place for studying law and public policy due to its excellent academic reputation.
Great workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 12, 2015
love the diversity and team work that comes with working at the UIHC. It is a great place to work and learn.

Be prepared to learn on a typical day
Great place for research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 12, 2015
University of Iowa provides a good environment for research and varieties of courses for students. Graduate students are also offered plenty of opportunities to teach classes which build teaching experience for graduate students.
nice
Deli Worker (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 8, 2015
I had 3 different jobs for this university. One was in a bio lab, another was a food svc job. Such a huge campus, many, many jobs to be had. Part time, full time. Easy place to be employed....Iowa City. Very low un employment rate, and very low cost of living.
Nice place for a couple of years while at school
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 1, 2015
Pros: A nice university with a quiet campus. Little time to spend on commute.
Cons: Far from major airports - difficult to travel
College town in an affordable city
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), StudentMarch 28, 2015
Commuting is very convenient, cheap rent and housing for students and professional. A relative safe place for family, but not many things going on nearby.
Its okay
Volunteer -MICU (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: cheap hospital food
Cons: nurses were mean sometimes.
Good environment to be around, however, can be hectic at times.

Learned a lot of about what happens exactly in intensive care units.

Most enjoyable part was watching minor procedures being done in the rooms.
Professional
Medical laboratory Scientist II (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
very professional workplace, and very productive atmosphere with great people to work with. It is a great place to work and learn with the added benefits of working in a academic environment.

1 2 3 4 5