The University of Iowa Employee Reviews in United States

Cid coder
Certified Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 13, 2016
i love working here the people are great but the management could use a little work, they play favorites and talk down to others
Excellent employer
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 12, 2016
Great benefits and good, hard-working people. Learn new things every day. Colleagues friendly and helpful. Leadership work together with all staff to improve efficiency and productivity daily.
Perfect Resume Building Experience
Honors Teaching Practicum (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 12, 2016
Teaching assistant for a Social and Personality Development class at U of I. Was challenging enough to where I was not bored, pushed me to get in front of a crowd and present, all while reinforcing my Psychology degree.
Exceptional learning environment with outstanding educational support.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 10, 2016
Working at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, I have had the opportunity to work with many great health care providers. Interacting with nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and doctors on a daily basis. I have learned how healthcare is an integrative process. As a nurse, I am encouraged to attend in-services, educational seminars, and stay current on my certifications and licenses. In addition, I am provided one-thousand dollars a semester to go towards classes I am enrolled in that advance my nursing practice. In all, I feel very supported in my career and educational endeavors.

Working in the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, I deal with patients of all types of conditions. I take care of postoperative patients from craniotomies and angiograms, hysterectomies, renal transplants, and more. With the diversity of patients, I have learned to adapt and prioritize the most critical and also know what to look for. Said this, working with this diverse population, I have also really grown to appreciate the culture in which I work. Learning about different ethnicities of patients while caring for them has been a rewarding, insightful experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
long commute to work
Relaxing working environment with great coworkers
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 30, 2016
There are bi-weekly meetings held to give progress and discuss possible problems and possible solutions.

The main work is done individually, each student is a valued member of the larger team.
All About Politics
Certified Coder (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 20, 2016
This is a GREAT place to work if you can play the politics. I am a straight shooter and not a politician or as the called "player in the sand box". I felt I should have a job based on my ability to do my job. Instead it is based on your ability to brown nose, suck up, and play politics.
Pros
Superb benefits, great pay
Cons
Too many women and too much politics
okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 17, 2016
good place to work, great benefits and good work to life balance. Recommend to anyone. Good vacation and medical benefits.
A very educational workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 8, 2016
Being employed at the University of Iowa has allowed to work with and learn from amazing people. Everyday you can go to work learn new things and be in an enjoyable environment.
Pretty Good
Lecturer - Primary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 8, 2016
I was a TA (and summer lecturer) here. While most of us disapprove of the new president, the people you work with on a day-to-day basis are competent, friendly, and kind.
Fun workplace, good people
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 2, 2016
A good place to get started. A fun and collaborative community, but in some years job security seems to be a problem. Most teachers are hired on a year-by-year basis, so competition between teachers is always high.
Nice place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 30, 2016
Appropriate amount of work. Good experience. Salary is moderate. I would like to recommend this job to people who is qualified for.
Many Options
Psychiatry Student Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 28, 2016
Many places to work with multitudes of position options. Great place for students to get into the door and start career opportunities.
Organization with Various Opportunities
Support Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 27, 2016
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is a major employer in Iowa City and is a great place to work and stay once you are in the system. When employed full time, the benefits are wonderful and overall atmosphere of the clinics is friendly and productive
U of I
Student (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 24, 2016
It is a wonderful school to go to. The staff does a great job at preparing students for the real world. Overall it is a great place to go, and i would highly recomend becoming a future student.
Nice
Workday HCM Techno-Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  IAMay 24, 2016
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
i was a team leader at G&P inc
CPR/First Aid Instructor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 19, 2016
Usually I used to have 14 employees on my team but one day I only had 10 so 4 of them call in sick but I have to make sure we get the product done and pack in truck for customer, most of my employees were really mad but I had no choice but making them work twice more than how we usually do, I took off my suit and start working beginning it wasn't fun, but at the middle most off them get used to it and we finish the daily of the day and break our record of the year.
Pros
the end of the week i had to buy pizzas for my employees
Great place to gain experience and learn
Psychiatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 18, 2016
While working as a nursing assistant on the Geriatric Psych Unit at University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC), I was able to be exposed to a wide range of mental health patients and learn how to effectively and safely care for their needs. My nurse manager and assistant nurse manager are some of the nicest people of higher management I have ever met. They always strived to make scheduling a smooth process. My co-workers are also amazing people with huge hearts and work very well as a team to solve problems in times of crisis.
Great Place
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 15, 2016
The UIHC is a an amazing place to work at. The people are really nice and make things a lot easier for you. It was a very nice experience working there and i was very sad i had to leave that place
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 12, 2016
I work at a great hospital where everyone seems to care genuinely about the patients. The nursing team works together to make things go efficiently.
Productive workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 10, 2016
Hard working colleagues with a very quiet workspace. Credit given when deserved, Helpful supervisors, Hardest part to get used to is the winter.

4.3