The University of Kansas Hospital Employee Reviews

HR department, very low functioning, little progressive collaboration
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 30, 2016
After leaving the company, heard outcomes about "oh yes that department is interesting" and "very little survive working there"

Advice to management, listen to all sides of the stories. Employees are not given value or heard well. If reporting that there are any accommodations, you're terminated. Separation of employment letters not on file and termination papers may not be written by management with blurry lines...as to the accuracy or validity of the information.

Have high respect for the CEO.
Pros
Little....good compensation
Cons
Too many to list, they bite at each other...by the minute
Good hospital for career growth
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 28, 2016
Challenging and rewarding place to work. Approachable and supportive management. Good relationship between doctors and nurses. Opportunity for career development
Positive work environment with great benefits and opportunities for advancement
Registered Nurse (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 15, 2016
A very positive, friendly workplace environment and teaching hospital with various opportunities to learn and grow, and to advance your career in many different ways. Also provides great benefits to employees!
OK place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking in patients and fulfilling front desk duties. The management here is not good. Aside from one, all other co-workers are great. Hardest part of my job is finding the motivation to come back every day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients I get to connect with every day.
Hard work with cooperate culture.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 23, 2016
Hit the ground running, complex acute patients, high standards, large young/new nurse population, opportunities to learn along with residents/med students on the rare occasion you have time to in your busy day. Majority of peers/colleague are good people despite growing administrative pressure and reductions in resources.
Pros
Benefits, resources, educational opportunities, patient/nurse ratio.
Cons
Patient nurse ratio does not take acuity into consideration, wadge, parking, cooperate culture.
World renowned company not room for much advancement
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 8, 2016
I had always wanted to work for this company. I worked here for several years in a specialty area. I went back ro school with the big push for Bachelors prepared nurses. I wanted to advance my caeer and only to be told no and denied advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management manage multiple areas, not receptive to new ideas
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 28, 2016
I was in the position for over 9 years and would probably still be there if I had not moved to Massachusetts. I got help when I needed it they only draw back was I wanted to advance and asked for training but due to workload they didn't have the time for me to take additional classes to better myself for the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
training could of been a lot better
productive and rewarding
Nutrient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 28, 2016
the university of Kansas hospital was the best work place to get a full on experience with the ambulatory setting. when i changed position to upstairs in an actual unit i got to interact with the patients more and that is what lead me to becoming a CMA. what ive learned at kumed was to always keep the patient at ease with a comforting smile and be attentive with any request.
pointless. doesnt work
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 24, 2016
have never had any job call me back
pointless site
doesn't work at
don't use this cite
SO serious do not use its horrible
smh
Great Experiance working there
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 14, 2016
I learned to treat your patients with all care and love. Make sure you always wash your hands so want go home with any infections or sickness. It was a pretty good job the only hard thing was picking up weight because am girl and am kind weak can't pick up so much weight. But other then that it was a great job helped with a lot has good awesome benefits. Management worked together with you and they worked around your schedule. The money that was coming in was beautiful and helped a lot around the house. A day at work was just fine no complaints I enjoyed it a lot.
KUMED was very helpful in getting me started with my first Service Desk Tech job
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 29, 2016
In the experience I learned after school, I feel KUMED really prepares their employees to be the best. They also have all kinds of helping materials to help with someone new to the field as well. After school and all the hands on skills they provided it really prepared me for the real world. I really like the way KUMED was outlined and how they helped their employees, and provided the best customer service to their environment.
Pros
Remedy ticket system for searches, they provided me with good training, and any help i needed of any sort they provided me with it.
great place to learn and work at and an even better place to seek mediacla traetment
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 5, 2016
setting out fresh produce , greeting customers, cashiering. overall a good place to work and seek medical treatment. I would love to work there again. I was a housekeeper and went on to further my education as a nurse.
Great place
Patient Service Rep/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2016
This is a great place to work, great staff and good benefits. The hours are good. Never have to work on the weekends nor holidays
Growing organization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 13, 2016
The IT dept is growing so it is good to get in on the ground floor. They are still trying to standardize their processes since they've grown at a faster rate than expected.
great place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 4, 2016
this is a good place with good benifits not the best pay as compared to some hospitals around. good breaks and great holiday pay.
A Positive Work Environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 28, 2016
I came to KU Hospital for the potential and opportunity they provide. It is a great place to work with so many friendly faces, the pay is very well and the benefits are also.
Pros
Benefits, Connections, Coworkers, Location.
Cons
Parking.
My manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2016
My manager is not very fair when it comes to the job, favors one employee more than others. Should possibly be looked into and have some stuff changed. Other then that I love most of my coworkers.
Productive fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 2, 2016
Awesome colleagues and patients. Everyday learned something different. The most enjoyable about my job was helping patients with every way possible i could within my job position. The hardest part of the job was putting emotions aside when dealing with tough patients conditions.
Pros
Fun athmosphere
Cons
nothing
exellent company
Outpatient Registration Rep / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 31, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They are always willing to work around your schedule. Is it very easy transferring internally to another deparment and the raise that you recieve when you do it absolutely amazing.
Case Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 16, 2016
I really enjoy working for the University of Kansas Hospital. With the ever expanding campus there are plenty of opportunities for advancement.

4.2