The University of Kansas Hospital

The University of Kansas Hospital United States Employee Reviews

A team oriented facility with opportunity to learn and advance your career
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 14, 2015
A typical day includes managing up to 5 patients. Coordinating patient medications, assessing patients, handling emergent situations, reading and analyzing telemetry strips, educating patients and their families.
decent job
Supply Tech 1 (Current Employee), kansas cityMarch 4, 2015
Definitely is an interesting experience. The benefits are decent. I enjoy my co workers. Seems like management needs to communicate better.
CTP
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work! Love my nurse manager and coworkers. Great benefits and insurance included. It has been difficult working nights but that just comes with the job. Managers are very flexible with the schedules to work with my time away from work.
Productive Place to Work
Transport (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 6, 2015
While working at KUMED, I transported patients and also worked with a dispatching system. It was my job to respond to radio calls and at times place radio calls. During the day we had a certain number of transports we had to do and it was very important to have time management skills. I really enjoyed working with a variety of patients.
Excellent work environment
Interventional Radiology-Health Care Technician (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 20, 2015
The University of Kansas Hospital is an excellent place to work. The work environment is professional and warming. The care that the staff gives to their patient is amazing. At The University of Kansas Hospital the patients and their families are always first and foremost to the staff. They treat them with the love and care that they would want someone treating their love one with.
Excellent place to work
Outpatient Oncology Registration Rep (Current Employee), Westwood, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great learning institution, great benefits
Overall great place to work, Work is a very busy fast pace work force, I really learn each day the strength of the clients that are being cared for on any given day. Couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers who come together as a team. The one on one with our clients every day is the best part of my day and job. Really needs better department management instead of micro management.
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoy working for KU Med. They have a great work environment. They are always looking for ways to expand on how they can use technology to further their company.
great place
Unit Clerk, Medical Telemetry Progressive Care (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 18, 2014
Great and fun people to work with
Managing is great, No complaints
Great people to meet
Nothing hard about the job
Go in do your work and go home
Teaching hospital they pay for you to go to school
Great place to work at
Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Westwood, KSDecember 3, 2014
This place has a great atmosphere, I loved seeing all the patients day in and day out. The benefits were great. KU really took care of their employees and of course they always strived for great patient care.
Float Nurse
Float Pool Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: working in picu for 3 weeks
Cons: long hours and not getting out on time
I got to float to all the many ICUs, including Neuro, PICU, Trauma,
MICU, SICU, and the ER. I got to work in the PICU for 3 weeks per Manager request.
Work togater on projects to better patient care.
Administrative Assistant- (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 16, 2014
To always forcus on the problem and not the person, and use the tools your have to fix it and move on. Be able to answer my co-workers questions and help out where help is needed. To make sure I give good patient care.
KU Med
Pharmacy Operations Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSOctober 29, 2014
Great place to work, great work life balance. Unfair compensation
Productive and high level of learning workplace
Patient Care Technician- Collect (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: patient one on one care
Cons: no breaks at times
On a normals days work, I report to my job by calling into to the job to see exactly where I am going for the day. Once that is established I report to that area, i receive report from the aide coming off shift and then, I go in to each of my rooms and introduce myself. From there I start with the daily tasks of vitals, refreshing water, getting blood(if needed) doing sugars. After those morning duties, I go back into each of my patients rooms and speak with them, find out during this rounding if there is anything they need, if they would like to shower or bathe, turn on their side. With all of this information i communicate it with the nurse in charge of the patients care.
Good experience
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Kansas cityAugust 13, 2014
Take vitals
Assist with daily living
Report any changes to health to RN
Assure that their stay or healing process is a good one
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 8, 2014
Great place, great people, great experience. Great place to work. I learned a lot in the 9 years i was employed. Left with great memories.
Great place to work.
Patient Care Assistant-Pediatric Department (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at KUMed. Team environment. 12 hour shifts. Great management.
Great Hospital for Experience and Learning!!
Respiratory Therapy Student Employee (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 16, 2014
More Hospitals needed as magnet status and this is one place to take with you forever!!
Nationally recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: top 50 us news and world report
Cons: salary and benefits?
My summary concept still stands as true. The University of Kansas Hospital remains one of the top institutions in the country. That said, I left KU Hospital because of the upper managements mistreatment of its nursing staff. They cut our pay and our benefits this year and they tried to spin it like a raise. 3-2 does not equal 10. It was absolutely insulting for CEO Bob Page to treat the nurses who brought KU up to its high standards in the first place like second rate property. I think hundreds must have left the hospital because the nurses union sent me an email, after I had left, saying that the top brass had conceded the need to give KU nurses adequate compensation. How much of a raise they got, I do not know. Given the circumstances at KU, I would honestly have stayed there had other factors not lead me to move across country. KU is the best hospital in the state of Kansas and the KCMO metro area. You wont find better support and resources for the nursing staff, outside of the top brass, or better nurse to patient ratios anywhere else.
LOVE TO WORK
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), KANSAS CITY KSJune 26, 2014
* Interacting with customers, providing information in answer to inquires about products, accounts, and services.
* Taking service inquiry calls from customers or clients and dispatching the suitable customer service associate to address questions.
* Answering the questions of customers regarding the organization’s products or services and its operation or maintenance.
* Handling and resolving customer complaints, or special orders via mail or phone.
* Receiving and processing orders, providing information concerning changes, pricing in service, and shipping.
* Investigating and correcting errors, following company and customer records.
* Interviewing customers to acquire information and explaining available services.
* Adjusting complaints concerning services or billing rendered.
* Coordinating customers’ service requirements with other appropriate departments as necessary to ensure effective customer service.
* Referring complaints of service or product failure or errors to appropriate personnel for investigation.
* Communicating solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of customer service.
* Coordinates production of printed materials and prepress or printing services with customer's requirements.
* Confers with customers throughout production to keep them informed of status of job, to solicit and resolve inquiries and complaints, to
obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations (film for each primary color), ink samples, and proofs, and to procure
information and materials needed by establishment personnel to process order.
* Determines supplies, – more... materials, and equipment needed for job order, plans and draws layout of job, and routes supplies and
materials, such as pasteups, artwork, copy, film, or prints, to work areas to put job order into production.
* Monitors progress of job order throughout production, confers with establishment personnel, orders supplies, contracts services with
outside vendors, and alters production schedule and job order to expedite timely processing of job in accordance with customer's
requirements and company standards. – less
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2014
Pros: employees; scheduling; health benefits; industry education
I loved this job. Great employees, great management. Overall a great place to work.

1 2 3