The University of Michigan Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 18, 2017
As a student and a research assistant, it was very nice to have a flexible schedule. Being able to prioritize school and work in my free time was great. Now, there are deadlines and completion goals. As long as that is kept in mind and you manage your time properly, you'll do great.
Great place to work, study, grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 11, 2017
Never regreted taking the offer from U of M.
Spent 1 year as research assistant, not an official full-time job, but definitely a great experience. With my Professor Chen, as a mentor, published first conference paper for the first project worked on.
Na
MGagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 10, 2017
This is a student job and i truly can not access the organization like i was a full time staff. I hope this is a good enough explanation for whoever wants to join the university of Michigan flint.
It was a fun working atmosphere
Cashier Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 9, 2017
It was usually busy at the University, but it was a good experience. I learned about being a cashier and really working in a fast paced environment. Management was great. The hardest part was keeping up with the number of people that came to the stand. Most enjoyable part of it was doing it with my friends at the time, and being able to volunteer
You can learn a ton
Revenue Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 8, 2017
If you use all that is offered you will be able to make strides in your career.. What is important is to find a mentor that is willing to teach you all that they know. Unfortunately they are hard to come by.
benefits
Cons
bad management at times
Productive workplace
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 8, 2017
Productive workplace with equal opportunity environment. The University of Michigan is considered as a pool attracting talented people. I honestly love this workplace.
Rewarding
Custodian II (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 6, 2017
a typical day runs between 8 and 12 hours

I learned little room for advancement, unless you know the right people regardless of the amount of education you have

Workplace culture is good, very diverse

The hardest part of the job is coordinating projects where patients are present.

The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving an email from a satisfied department head.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
the employee pays to park
Setting up for events
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 6, 2017
Lovely staff and I love my managers. Everyone is very kind and hardworking. It is nice to work where you study. It makes things very easy for me. Part time job
Fun Workplace
Medical AssistantPulmonary/ Nephrology Department (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 6, 2017
I triage patients for both Nephrology and Pulmonary Departments the job is super easy and it is a versitile work place especially with the culture, all the doctors and staff are all awesome.
Cool place with flexible hours
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 5, 2017
I love working at school. It makes my life so much easier and the managers and professional staff are the best. This has been my favorite that I have ever had
Good engineering school
Captain (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 5, 2017
I wouldn't recommend going to school at Michigan unless you're going for one of their standout programs (i.e. Engineering) the liberal arts portion of the university is a joke and they force liberalism upon their students.
Amazing work place
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2017
I loved this job. You have the flexibility to work when you want to as long as you meet their required hours. The jobs may only last a few months, so keep your day job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short term
Productive Place for Students
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 4, 2017
A typical day at work consists of performing office task, assisting the department chair and administrator and helping students or professors. Overall Great Place with amazing people!
Pros
Great people that care and they give great advice for life.
Cons
Temporary Position
Fun place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 3, 2017
I would come to work at 8:00 AM. I would surf the internet until FedEx or UPS would show up. I would take the packages to the professors & during my down time either I would be on the computer or I would help professors with other jobs they need help with such as organizing a room,putting up a white board, etc.
Pros
Environment
had good time when teaching students in lab
Automatic Control System Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 2, 2017
I had a good time when the time I was the lab instructor and teaching assistant of automatic control system. I was a student myself at that time, so I also had something that I didn't understand. This work helped me to review what I learnt and made me understand automatic control system deeper when teaching and grading.
Okay
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 2, 2017
I was just a supplemental instructor . The pay sucked and the constant micromanagement over our session plans . It's actually a decent job to put on a resume and it's flexible .
Pros
No dress code, flexible
Cons
Micromanagement, no job security
Excellent
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2017
Love working with the university. Management is ver understanding of the needs of a student and accommodates when needed. Would recommend seeking employment at U of M.
Army starrs
Research Team Member (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 1, 2017
I was always in the field so did not work closely with main university staff. I mainly worked at Fort Leonard Wood but did travel to several other Army sites. Worked with a small team of staff at each site. We did a verbatim speech then helped the Solders through the data collection process. There we many steps to the data collection process including paper survey, computer survey and skills testing and blood collection. We worked with over 200 Solders each week. We had to coordinate and work withing the military needs and requirements. We had to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Easy-Paced
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 1, 2017
The research position was very laid-back and easy to complete on y own time. There were certain deadlines that had to be met but otherwise the work could be done around school schedule.
Productive and Interesting
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 27, 2017
I was able to work one on one with a research sponsor on specific research in the 1900s about English Soccer Clubs, and I was able to work remotely on my laptop. My research sponsor was very nice and was helpful whenever I had questions and helped me finish one of the major projects during the academic year. The hardest part of the job was looking for the information on financial accounts because I wasn't accustomed to looking at them before. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience and I am huge soccer fan so it was great to learn more about my favorite teams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4