The University of Mississippi Medical Center

The University of Mississippi Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Food service
Food service (Former Employee), MsSeptember 11, 2014
Cons: unclean food
Umc food service is horrible I worked their for 6 months the biggest mistake of my life I only took the job to get my feet in the door so I could move to a different department they worked the heck out of u for little money they don't tell u in your interview how much u will make all they say is oh I'll try and get u more money they do that cause they desperate for help I had a patient to find a roach in his pudding before the silverware is filthy the directors are crazy they don't know how to talk to people they over work u they won't u to push the carts, serve the food, carp your own carts, run your own dishes threw the dish washer half of the time u didn't get a lunch break cause u still had floors to pick up they didn't care
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2014
Cons: extremely long hours
I loved this job. I learned a lot in my time here. I loved working in surgery.
I beg you not to get involved with this place!!!!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, msJune 19, 2014
Pros: ....
Cons: everything
Umc is an organization that cares about money and money only!!! They only acknowledge the doctors, nurses and etc.... the other employees are treated like a door mat and no matter how good of a Job they do, they'll never get recognized. It's a horrible place and the vine is awful. So u must say if you're still interested. ...APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Just Don't
Former Employee (Former Employee), Jackson, msMay 14, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Don't work here!! The years I worked here were terrible. They don't care about employees, at least not in the department I worked.
n/a
nursing (Former Employee), jackson msNovember 16, 2013
it was ok put manager was bad and the work hours was bad my hours 6:30-4:30 but I didn't get off to 7:30 or 8
Great place to work!
Charge Nurse, RN II (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: committed to education and advancement.
Cons: no cons
Very much enjoyed my 4 years at UMMC, and had I not relocated to another state, I would have been there for many years. The staff is patient-focused and committed to the long-term success of the instuition.
Productive and Relaxed Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Department of SurgeryAugust 6, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: i had to move
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Would have retired from there but I moved.