The University of Mississippi Employee Reviews in United States

Graduate Instructor
French Graduate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 21, 2015
As an Intensive French Graduate Instructor, I taught one class 5 days/wk in addition to attending my classes. The work was fun and rewarding. Compensation was ample for my time and effort.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Inputting grades ;)
Working as a student looking after students is fun.
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 11, 2015
Working at The University of Mississippi was fun. Often times it was hard work that required serious effort but it was always fun to build a community and help lead young people.
Learned Lots at the University of Mississippi
Business School Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 26, 2015
• Constructed and sent direct email marketing to prospective students. Led monthly information sessions for prospective students.
Fun Place
Senior Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 15, 2015
Working for the athletic department and an SEC school was fun. There was always excitement working in athletics. The down side is there is never job security in college athletics.
Pros
Working in athletics
Cons
No job security
Fun place to work
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 14, 2015
T&S was a family owned business that prided itself on provided the best customer services possible. The management did everything possible to accommodate customers in any way. Overall great place to work,
Wonderful
Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 17, 2015
It was a great job, especially for a young single person. It combined such wonderful and fun activities such as travel and meeting people and planning events and then going to those events and making sure the alumni had a a good time and were taken care of. I worked hard at this job - logged in lots of hours, but it was by far the most genuinely fun job.
Great Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  oxford, msJune 2, 2015
a typical day includes but is not limited to greeting students, answering the phone, running errands, and teaching a class when asked.
Pros
laid back
Cons
there are non
Productive and Professional work enviorment
Human Resource Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with the University's staff. Everyone is professional and are always available if in need. The entire staff is always eager to assist other employees with anything.
Productive and busy workplace.
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MS 38655November 24, 2014
I am proud of the year and a half that I spent working for the printing and graphic services department at the University of Mississippi. I felt that it was a job that humbled me which will put me in a better position for all of my future endeavors. I appreciated all of my co-workers as we would have to work together many days to get the desired objectives completed.
Excellent Work Environment
Verification Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ole MissNovember 17, 2014
I was a graduate assistant Ole Miss and I was very pleased with the environment. Everyone was very nice and helpful, but my stipend was minimal. Really enjoyed the position though! They were very helpful when I needed their assistance and the work/life balance was great!
Excellent Professors for research
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  oxford, msOctober 3, 2014
I have enjoyed researching with my professors and the incredible insight involved.
fun place to learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  oxford, MSJuly 10, 2014
Doing research is one of the tough task as there is no end in learning. Enjoying it to the core.
Looking for team work inviorment.
Senior Electronics Technician, Biology Department (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 3, 2014
4 to Mid night. As a Dispatcher you live the life of a B-17 bomber crew member in WW2. Eight to thirteen hours of sheer numbness interrupted by fifteen minutes of stark terror. Dose not pay enough and I prefer to have Holidays with my family.
Pros
free classes if desired.
Cons
time with family.
Student position
Student Housing and Residence Life Tutor Monitor (Former Employee) –  University of Mississippi, 38677November 25, 2013
I worked at the University as a student. They has flexible hours and if you completed your work, they allow you to study.
Productive workplace
Horizons Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 8, 2013
Special Teacher is responsible for Art instruction four days a week for kindergarten and first grade; planning and delivering of the instructional program for the class in keeping with the Horizons philosophy, goals, and objectives.
Great learning experience and very helpful employers
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 18, 2013
I had a great time learning and working for the University of Mississippi. They were always providing learning opportunities and helpful in the development of their students and employees. Very understanding of my class times. The professors in my department also afforded me the chance to work with them and learn skills within my degree area.
Helped prepare me for the real world.
Facilitator/Diability note taker and tutor (Current Employee) –  University, MSApril 17, 2012
I obtained clerical and coperate skills in this position. I learned how to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a professional and adequate way.
Pros
hands on human resource training.

4.7