The University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work
Admn Coord to the Vice President of Research (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2015
The University of Oklahoma is a great place to work and have a career. I have almost 18 years experience and have worked for various departments gaining valuable knowledge at each department.
Great Company
Coach (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 9, 2015
Great co-workers and i love coaching. I love traveling with the team and being a part of such a successful team like the University of Oklahoma.
Good support system for grad students
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 22, 2015
I worked at the University of Oklahoma as a teaching assistant while in grad school there. The compensation rate is fixed and isn't great for the amount of work you put in, and the knowledge that you have to have. However, it is part time and allows you to work on campus.
Fun and Challenging
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 6, 2015
Working on contracts and maintaining inventory.

Ways to improve efficiencies.

Knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Team atmosphere.

Limited advancement possibilities.

Making events successful.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
limited chance for advancement
Wonderful Faculty and Staff
Account & Budget Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 12, 2013
A typical day at work consists of managing grant and credit card accounts, processing travel claims, working with Professors on orders and grant accounts, etc.
I have learned a lot in my short time at The University of Oklahoma. I had a chance to practice my accounting skills I learned in my college courses hands on.
My boss and co-workers were amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. It felt like a "family" type of environment.
The hardest part of my job would have been the fast paced requirement to learn everything I needed to know in such a short period of time. But, I love a challenge and I believe I picked up on everything rather quickly and proficiently.
The most enjoyable part of my job... My co-workers. The whole faculty and staff. I enjoyed getting up every morning and going to work.
Pros
benefits, great pay, wonderful people
Cons
i honestly don't have any cons, i absolutely loved working for them
Overall a great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  NormanMay 2, 2013
I worked as a student research assistant. I was a great learning experience.
A good university
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 13, 2012
I like OU. It has a diverse culture environment. No matter where you are from, you can find your group. And the people are nice. Around the campus, it has many computer labs which is very helpful to my research. Internet is also very convenient.
Friendly environment but people are complacent
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 21, 2012
People are very nice and it is friendly type atmosphere but it's not the most productive office I've ever worked in. It's hard to get in trouble at all which is good and bad. Good because you don't get afraid when you make a mistake, bad because there aren't any consequences for laziness.
Pros
a lot of leave, holidays off
Cons
bad pay, hard to advance unless you want to stay for moe than 20 years
Great Environment
Instructor- Cherokee Language (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 14, 2012
The University is located in an area that is great for family oriented individuals.
Pros
football ticket discounts
Cons
price of healthcare insurance
Exciting Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2012
I worked at the University of Tulsa as a graduate research assistant in the Telecommunications lab. The research in the Telecom Lab covers many exciting topics and is lead by experienced Telecom faculty.

4.3