The University of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Great
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIMay 8, 2017
It is a wonderful educational employer. I recommend it as an employer and as a college.
If you are looking for a long-term employer, this is a great place to work. You really should consider it if you are looking.
Pros
Benefits if you are full time
Cons
Part-time
Fun
Head Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIMay 2, 2017
Room for growth and they take care of you. Getting to know a bunch of different people from different backgrounds is amazing. The new management can use some work because they just came in and started changing everything.
Teacher's assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 18, 2017
Worked under a very insightful and helpful professor. The time I spent in the classroom was very beneficial. I was able to interact with students and assist with the grading process.
Great institution of Higher Education
Acting Director (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 16, 2017
Worked in a supportive an engaging community of educators who are dedicated to the academic success of the students. My students and colleagues are the best part of my job.
Great School
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 12, 2017
Enjoyed my time there and worked on undergrad and Masters while there. Everyone treats you fairly and no issues at all. Give it a shot you cant go wrong
Responsible for Providing Information and Helping with Documentation
IEP Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 12, 2017
Worked as an ambassador for the International Engineering Program providing information to the students preparing to go abroad. Attended Open House events to answer questions. Responsible for assisting students with their documentation for the program.
Pros
Ability to work with Students participating in the program you have completed
Cons
Holding meetings around multiple students schedules
Freelance work
Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandApril 6, 2017
I edited a piece to introduce the school's new MBA program. I worked on both Avid and Premiere as well as After Effects on this project. It gave me a chance to wear many hats and use all of my skill sets.
Pros
Great people. Very challenging.
Cons
None that I can think of
Very hard working culture.
Housing and Residential Life Furniture Crew (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 3, 2017
Everyone works hard to accomplish our goals for the day. Everyone gets along and its a very friendly atmosphere. Very good with making your schedule around your classes.
Pros
Scheduling is very good they work with you to make your schedule around your classes.
Cons
No benefits.
Productive and fun
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIApril 2, 2017
Safe workplace with opportunity to meet all different kinds of people! Management is always there to help associates with questions and problems. Walking distance, so I do not have to drive there!
Working in the pharmacy building
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIMarch 14, 2017
Very laid back and relaxed setting. The people are very nice and understanding. The work I do isn't hard. I file papers, shred papers, order supplies, help set up and break down events. I enjoy working there but can only work the job i'm in until im out of school.
Pros
They understand you're in school so they'll work with you when you need time off
Cons
ends when i'm out of college
An amazing and inclusive place to live and work.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIFebruary 24, 2017
I spent four years at this school and I miss every moment. Their chemical engineering program is highly respected in the country.
Clinical Lab Study
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIFebruary 20, 2017
Drug and Data analysis of chosen drugs. How they inhibit and react with human biology, calculation of half-life and reaction symptoms.
Productive and Team oriented
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIFebruary 1, 2017
It's good to work at the University of Rhode Island under the supervision of an instructor. Get familiar with advanced civil engineering technologies. The environment here is very friendly and productive.
Great interactions.
Online Education Accessibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIDecember 22, 2016
My job entailed coordinating with professors and my supervisors remotely, and it was a delight interacting with most of them.
Pros
Improved my business correspondences.
Cons
N/a
Students are delightful, adjuncting is what you'd expect
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 17, 2016
You know what you're getting into, systemically, as an adjunct. Join a union, press for change. As usual, the students are the best part of the experience.
Uri
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingston, RIDecember 3, 2016
Great university that is constantly trying to improve in all areas (academics, athletics, etc.). Small school but will continue to grow and with great staff and students.
Cooks Helper (Former Employee) –  RINovember 3, 2016
very busy and have to enjoy working with people. Always have new jobs opening. Must be able to work on your feet and get along with different types of people.
Good University
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island, RISeptember 4, 2016
Nice work environment,Good University, fairly pay.University of Rhode Island is located in Kingston of Rhode Island. Quiet and beautiful campus. Faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful.
Really enjoy working there.
Uri
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIAugust 2, 2016
My experience at URI has been very rewarding. My advisor and other professors have been very helpful and have strengthened my ability to conduct research.
Middle manager
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RIJuly 28, 2016
This isn't a bad place to work if you're trying to build a resume, but don't plan on advancing here unless you play golf with the boss or self promote really well.Politics is rampant and blatant.
The atmosphere in my office is cut throat and people will climb on you to look taller.
Upper management has no skills in leadership. They manage people but don't lead. The philosophy is that the beatings will continue until morale improves.
Students are treated as an afterthought. most people I know do their level best to get rid of them as quickly as possible. This is because there is no sense of being a part of an empowered team. We live in a culture of blame.
No value is placed on employees. Longevity is not valued, and in fact is punished.
There is no employee feedback system for "superiors" including the President and Provost.
Pros
Nice area to live.
Cons
Lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Rhode Island. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2