The University of Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews in United States

i'm having a great time there and everyone should work there
Student Worker in CS Outreach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I really like working here. My co-workers are great and i like this place.I learned so many new things here. My day starts very early and ends very late at UT Dallas.
Great Experience
EzyBanking, (Android Application) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Lectures should be more technical oriented. Professors are really helpful. Students are talented. Transportation is good.
Great Experience
Research and Investment Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2015
Serving as an intern at UTD was a great experience. This was a great opportunity to strengthen my public speaking skills.
Various types of interesting scientific research
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 4, 2015
In a Ph.D. program I work when I want to... but there's lots of work to be done. Experiments can be frustrating and rewarding. Requires self motivation and good time management to graduate in a timely manner. As of now, in my department, pay is not keeping up with Dallas housing costs and health insurance costs.
Pros
Flexible schedule, diverse intellectual environment
Cons
low pay for the area
There are no perks here at all.
network team (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2015
If you're the type of person that is looking to retirement well you will fit right in that's what people's talk about here all day long for me is sickening, but if you're the kind of person that want to growth and always looking for the next project this's not the place for you. Here there's lots of red tape and the culture is very antiquated and they're fixed on one thing only we're public employees. So, there is no rush to get anything done on a decent time. Here they don't want to explorer new ideas.
Pros
TRS (401K) is very nice they paid the highest interest I had seem.
Cons
Staffs, employees they do what they want.
Great work environment some of the management can have issues though...
Teaching Assistant in Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
The work environment is the best part of working at UTD. There are a lot of friendly and kind people who you end up working with. Management can sometimes be difficult, but as long as you get along with your co-workers you should be fine.
Tutor on topics of Excel, Access, SQL
Excel Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2015
It is a great-part time job. I get more familiar with Excel and SQL skills, and help students completed many academic projects. I also gain great communication skills from this job.
very good university
Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2015
The University of Texas at Dallas is a professional workplace that supplied with modern and sophisticated scientific equipment.
Director of Student Development (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 2, 2015
Great place to work that truly support its staff and students. Provides new opportunities to staff members. Willing to make change where change is needed.
Pros
environment
Cons
growing quicker than staff can keep up with
Nice place to work
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Good place to work for students. Pay isn't great though. So you might find better compensation off campus. But they are very flexible in terms of your hours and let you study at work.
Wonderful experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2015
Dealing with my supervisor which is also one of my professional. I learn a lot from her.
I also get to the management level of a school department running, which provide me a different point of view.
Nice Organization to School and Work for.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 29, 2015
Nice Organization to School and Work. I was mostly working as a Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant and there really isn't much to talk about other than doing the regular academic services to students.
Research work is really good here
Student worker (Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
Great environment to build new innovative stuff.
Facilities are great. Mentors are approachable. Good learning and work environment.
Fun Work Environment For the Most Part
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2015
I get free room and board, so I live on campus. Work includes managing 24 freshman residents, administrative functions, and staying up very late to handle issues pertaining to the building.
Great Place to work..
Part-Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Great potential, environment. School of Humanities is great. People are great. Little room for advancement as an Adjunct of course.
Amazing Place to Work For
Full-Time MBA Program Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 12, 2014
Lucky if you get into the full-time MBA Admissions Office. The management team is amazing and fun to work with. Exposures with prospective students from all over the globe!
Excellent Environment to work at
Logistics Coordinator/Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Good pay
Good management'
Good policies
Good work environment
Good place to study
Trading center and Finance data lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
There are many nice professors and the working place here is very nice
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
Its great place to work in university. Assisting Professors in processing online course content using Camtasia Studio tool.
Secretary
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
Meeting the students and watching them prepare to apply to medical and dental schools. Helping the students with their paperwork, very rewarding.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas at Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6