The University of Texas at Dallas

The University of Texas at Dallas Employer Reviews

Amazing Place to Work For
Full-Time MBA Program Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 12, 2014
Lucky if you get into the full-time MBA Admissions Office. The management team is amazing and fun to work with. Exposures with prospective students from all over the globe!
Excellent Environment to work at
Logistics Coordinator/Student Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Good pay
Good management'
Good policies
Good work environment
Good place to study
Trading center and Finance data lab Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
There are many nice professors and the working place here is very nice
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
Its great place to work in university. Assisting Professors in processing online course content using Camtasia Studio tool.
Secretary
Secretary III (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: none.
Meeting the students and watching them prepare to apply to medical and dental schools. Helping the students with their paperwork, very rewarding.
Best place to get reserach exposure
Student Researcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2014
It was great experience to involve in reserach work in which you are interested.
Very highly ranked School of Management!
Student Worker (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Very highly ranked School of Management!
Best course-work for the Master of Science in Supply Chain management program.
Relaxing work environment with great people who work as a team
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great employees and work environment, celebrate birthdays and holidays with delicious food
Cons: not much room for job advancement
A typical day at work:
Assist students who walk in to the office or call regarding any questions relating to the management school. Also, I am responsible to manage the paperless system as we are changing from the manual physical storage to a more efficient system. Lastly, I collaborate with many other employees within our department to place students to the proper location.

What you learned:
I learned how to effectively work as a team by getting a clear understanding of my task and how it will benefit the end result. Also, I have enhanced my MS Word and Excel skills due to the special projects I worked on.

Management:
The management has been extremely supportive and helpful in encouraging employees to provide new ideas that can improve the existing process or system. No one is left out.

Co-workers:
I believe we have some of the best co-workers as they are fun to socialize with while working. It creates an optimal environment where employees can feel excited to come to work while also completing the task.

The hardest part of the job:
The job is not really hard per se, but their are a lot of different tasks that may need to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Working with the employees who are like family
A Well-Oiled Machine
Enrollment Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: excellent management, comfortable work environment, superb support staff
Cons: limited flexibility with schedules
The work environment is friendly and goal-oriented, and priorities are clear. Everyone who works there generally seems to enjoy it, and we all know that we're making a difference in the lives of the students and parents that we help. The management that I dealt with was superb, friendly and understanding, but also clear on his expectations of those who worked for him. I enjoyed every minute of this job, and was loathe to leave.
The best work environment and a wonderful supervisor
International Peer Advocate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
I have best friends at work. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I get to meet people from different cultures.
Productive place with helpful team and a good work enivironment
PeopleSoft Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2014
UTDallas is a good place to work. I was given the freedom and the access to explore. As an intern i was given the opportunity to learn and grow. There are restrictions due to the IT Setup with different parties involved and it is time consuming to find a way to work through it or work around it.
Growing
Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 16, 2014
Ut-Dallas is a growing community and the opportunities are immense.
good place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 13, 2014
Cons: small campus
good place to work, minutes'walk to home and a lot of friends
Learning new things everyday
Research and Data Analyst Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2014
 Working on research projects of companies, extracting Company data and analyzing them
 Mentoring under graduate and graduate students by helping them understand the concepts of time value of money, capital budgeting, capital asset pricing model, betas, stock and bond valuation, dividend discount model, market efficiency and pro forma preparation of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements
 Assisting students by conducting workshops to get their Bloomberg certificates and managing the user activity of the lab by tracking the user information in a Google drive folder
N/A
Entry level accounting- Internship (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Just graduation from UTD- no experience and want gain more job search.
Fast emerging public school, especially in engineering
Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 18, 2013
Fast emerging public school, especially in schools of engineering and school of management. Good place to study and doing research, but very limited college life.
Up and coming reseach insitution.
Economics Instructor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: growing
Cons: still young
UTD is a young school that is growing rapidly and recruiting both talented faculty and students. I expect UTD to become a top national university in about 20 years time as the DFW Metroplex grows.
Good
Mentor/Lab tutor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2013
Good place to learn and teach.
Its hectic though.
Gorgeous campus but the parking sucks! I'm a city girl and love the fact the Dart is easily accessible and FREE for UTD students. I also enjoy the diversity on campus and look forward to starting in the Fall.
Productive place
Undergraduate Design Researcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2013
I learned a lot about team and individual work. the boss were great, and I enjoyed learning a lot.
Nice workplace with very nice professor mentors.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 5, 2013
A research assistant is supervised directly under a professor, so the work strength and enviroment are somehow related to your mentor. My boss is very nice and is willing to help me through the difficulties. Other department staffs are also kind. UTD is a good place to be a student and have a on-campus job.