The University of Texas at Dallas

The University of Texas at Dallas Employer Reviews

A Well-Oiled Machine
Enrollment Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: excellent management, comfortable work environment, superb support staff
Cons: limited flexibility with schedules
The work environment is friendly and goal-oriented, and priorities are clear. Everyone who works there generally seems to enjoy it, and we all know that we're making a difference in the lives of the students and parents that we help. The management that I dealt with was superb, friendly and understanding, but also clear on his expectations of those – more... who worked for him. I enjoyed every minute of this job, and was loathe to leave. – less
The best work environment and a wonderful supervisor
International Peer Advocate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
I have best friends at work. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I get to meet people from different cultures.
Productive place with helpful team and a good work enivironment
PeopleSoft Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2014
UTDallas is a good place to work. I was given the freedom and the access to explore. As an intern i was given the opportunity to learn and grow. There are restrictions due to the IT Setup with different parties involved and it is time consuming to find a way to work through it or work around it.
Growing
Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 16, 2014
Ut-Dallas is a growing community and the opportunities are immense.
good place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 13, 2014
Cons: small campus
good place to work, minutes'walk to home and a lot of friends
Learning new things everyday
Research and Data Analyst Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2014
 Working on research projects of companies, extracting Company data and analyzing them
 Mentoring under graduate and graduate students by helping them understand the concepts of time value of money, capital budgeting, capital asset pricing model, betas, stock and bond valuation, dividend discount model, market efficiency and pro forma preparation – more... of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements
 Assisting students by conducting workshops to get their Bloomberg certificates and managing the user activity of the lab by tracking the user information in a Google drive folder – less
N/A
Entry level accounting- Internship (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Just graduation from UTD- no experience and want gain more job search.
Fast emerging public school, especially in engineering
Teaching & Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 18, 2013
Fast emerging public school, especially in schools of engineering and school of management. Good place to study and doing research, but very limited college life.
Up and coming reseach insitution.
Economics Instructor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: growing
Cons: still young
UTD is a young school that is growing rapidly and recruiting both talented faculty and students. I expect UTD to become a top national university in about 20 years time as the DFW Metroplex grows.
Good
Mentor/Lab tutor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2013
Good place to learn and teach.
Its hectic though.
Gorgeous campus but the parking sucks! I'm a city girl and love the fact the Dart is easily accessible and FREE for UTD students. I also enjoy the diversity on campus and look forward to starting in the Fall.
Productive place
Undergraduate Design Researcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2013
I learned a lot about team and individual work. the boss were great, and I enjoyed learning a lot.
Nice workplace with very nice professor mentors.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 5, 2013
A research assistant is supervised directly under a professor, so the work strength and enviroment are somehow related to your mentor. My boss is very nice and is willing to help me through the difficulties. Other department staffs are also kind. UTD is a good place to be a student and have a on-campus job.
Did my Ph. D. here.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2013
Great advisors. Challenging research topic. Learned a lot.
Work Focused & Friendly.
Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2013
- friendly coworkers
- flexible hours
- open-minded environment
- great respect for the students
- work focused
Friendly, flexible and rewarding Job.
Peer Lead Team Learning Leader - Organic Chemistry (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 3, 2013
The management at this job was very freindly and understanding. They work to bring out the best in ther employees and care about their students. The hours were flexible and you tutor undergraudate students who are motivated and excited to learn. This job was very rewarding and enjoyable.
A great place to work for with a relaxed work environment
Analyst - Office of Budget and Resource Planning (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 17, 2012
Pros: great work environment, good benefits, free snacks and coffee
Cons: mediocre wage
I work part-time at the Procurement Management Department of UT Dallas. My work day starts at 8 am and lasts till 12 pm. I do a variety of work. Starting from sending out checks to vendors and making payments to employees and vendors to helping colleagues with their work. My typical work day usually glides by pretty fast. I work a lot in PeopleSoft – more... and so I have learnt using this tool pretty well. The management at my work is extra nice and cooperative, so are my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is keeping things current which requires a lot to be done each day. The enjoyable part is the appreciation from my colleagues for the work that I do. – less
Good place with good people
Admissions Coordinator (Teaching Assistant) (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 29, 2012
• Good work culture
• Flexible hours
• Amazing work ethics
• Friendly Colleagues
Very interesting learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 12, 2012
My first work experience in the US. Learnt a lot of new stuff. the job was extremely interesting as i had to do a whole lot of research and development and analysis.