The University of Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews

Great Part-time job experience
PLTL Leader (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2017
6 hour per week job for undergraduate students who have received at least an A- in the course they are tutoring. Typical duties include tutoring two groups of 8 students per week over the material of the course by leading the students through packet problems made by the professors. Duties also include prep work and meeting once a week with co-workers to go over practice problems.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, flexible scheduling
Cons
Difficult to obtain job due to competition
Interactive Lab sessions, Guiding through their projects
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2017
Work includes but not limited to teaching students basic concepts of SolidWorks, CREO Parametric, AutoCAD and MATLAB. Also helping students with their day to day lab work, grading their assignments and uploading them to their e-learning, helping them with their project work, scheduling the work load for each semester.
Good job
Advancement (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2017
Work was interesting and unstructured. Be prepared to figure it out on your own. Best fit for someone who can work without supervision, direction or strategic vision from above, and who can create their own strategy for goal accomplishment. Metrics were fuzzy at best. Colleagues ran the gamut. Be politically correct, don't divulge too much about yourself and don't socialize.
Fun working place with no work pressures. Chance to interact with diverse people.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
Amazing place to work for a chance to learn something new everyday.
The management makes sure to help employees maintain the perfect work-life balance.
Pros
Free upgrade to a premium insurance, Access to a well-equipped gym and hourly classes.
Great university
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 17, 2017
I work as a Student worker with University of Texas. It is a great university with respect to education, campus, jobs, etc.
Good workplace
Computer Science and Discrete Math Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Fair employer and you can get your work and study done at the same time. University is growing and good insulation from market ups and downs. Good future prospects.
Great Place to work or attend school
Prospective student liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2017
University of Texas at Dallas is a good place to work. The faculty and other staff are very qualified and are more than willing to assist you with any questions or challenges you may face.
Higher Education
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2016
This is an interesting area and no less challenging than any other role I have had. The leaders are looking to be better leaders and the employees want a safe and fair working environment. This combination always makes for an opportunity to teach, learn and grow on all fronts.
Pros
Culture is very diverse
Cons
Still very new as a university
Has a very flexible schedule which allows me to focus on my courses.
Graduate Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 28, 2016
I generally do some filing, and guide people to appropriate offices. Help with the processing off applications and sort them in to categories.
Pros
Flexible schedule
I really enjoyed my time at UT Dallas
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2016
I learned a lot about the discipline and job culture in the United states. I enjoyed my work environment and my lovely colleagues. It was the best exposure to US job market.
Best job EVER
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 17, 2016
I started working for the university as a student and my boss always understood our hours and made it simple to work. Awesome location and all managers were understanding. Students beyond awesome.
Pros
good location
Cons
Far from home
nice environment
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2016
comfortable environment to teach and study. Flexible teaching styles and schedules. very good supplies and facilities. Friendly colleagues to work with.
Great experience helping students
Computer Science and Discrete Math Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2016
It's fun to teach students concepts and it helps you reinforce them as well. Sometimes the code is pretty messed up and you have to really unravel it. Overall good learning and teaching experience. Depends on your professor too. Also depends on if you get a lot of lazy students who just don't want to finish their assignments or genuine students stuck on program issues.
Pros
Get to reinforce learning by helping students
Cons
Can get tiring when people show up with really messed up code :)
Great opportunity to learn
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
UT Dallas is a great institute where students are given a lot of opportunities to explore innovative methods and techniques.
Productive and goog work enviroment
Teacher Assistenship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2016
The University has a multicultural culture. There is no descrimination because of the multicultural culture. That makes the condition for easy going co-workers.
Pros
Beatiful University focous in progrss
Cons
Some times the load work is so much
i'm having a great time there and everyone should work there
Student Worker in CS Outreach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I really like working here. My co-workers are great and i like this place.I learned so many new things here. My day starts very early and ends very late at UT Dallas.
Great Experience
EzyBanking, (Android Application) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Lectures should be more technical oriented. Professors are really helpful. Students are talented. Transportation is good.
Great Experience
Research and Investment Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2015
Serving as an intern at UTD was a great experience. This was a great opportunity to strengthen my public speaking skills.
Various types of interesting scientific research
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 4, 2015
In a Ph.D. program I work when I want to... but there's lots of work to be done. Experiments can be frustrating and rewarding. Requires self motivation and good time management to graduate in a timely manner. As of now, in my department, pay is not keeping up with Dallas housing costs and health insurance costs.
Pros
Flexible schedule, diverse intellectual environment
Cons
low pay for the area
There are no perks here at all.
network team (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2015
If you're the type of person that is looking to retirement well you will fit right in that's what people's talk about here all day long for me is sickening, but if you're the kind of person that want to growth and always looking for the next project this's not the place for you. Here there's lots of red tape and the culture is very antiquated and they're fixed on one thing only we're public employees. So, there is no rush to get anything done on a decent time. Here they don't want to explorer new ideas.
Pros
TRS (401K) is very nice they paid the highest interest I had seem.
Cons
Staffs, employees they do what they want.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas at Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6