The University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews

Kansas Biological Survey
Lab Tech/Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The employee management relationship is very unified with a sense of family. We all worked hard to play our parts in the role of providing EPA with the data they need .
Fun students to work with and an very educational experience.
Administrative Assistant, Women's Studies (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
The University environment is very different from other companies. This was an excellent learning experience. Women's Studies was not a subject that I had ever been interested in until I started working there.
Pros
I learned a lot about issues that I was not aware of.
Cons
healthcare costs
Centennial Coordinator for UTEP's Centennial Celebration
Centennial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 7, 2014
Coordinate with stakeholders and campus leaders in various facets of business including Project Management, marketing and administrative operations.
Better experience as a banker here
Scholarship Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 23, 2014
If you want to advance in banking, this is the job to be at. They are more than willing to promote you if you are good at your job. You have lots of opportunity but be careful if you work here while in college. The hours and pressure of sales can get to you and you can easily focus all your attention here rather than school. People are awesome and the conference they have are great and motivational!
Fun and enthusiastic.
Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 22, 2014
I was a volunteer while I was in college and it was great. I love to volunteer for special events especially ones that include the community. The events were always filled with a lot to do it was not a sit down job which made it go by fast. Nonetheless, you were able to enjoy the amazing spectacle. Days leading up to the day include an ample amount of PR work and other work such as, name tags, filling volunteer forms, delivering vouchers or tickets to businesses that sponsor the event and meeting with important governments official to approve the event grounds. My favorite part was the PR portion of it and the actual show of course.
Awesome work place
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2014
It's a great place to work. Lovely co-workers i miss working at UTEP
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 29, 2013
This was my first job out of college. The university is well organized and learning to navigate the bureaucracy.
Pros
a decent place to work with a good work life balance
Cons
hard to advance, no work perks, it's just a job
I great place to work while being a student.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 28, 2012
The job was great. Employees check student ID. When your not busy check inventory and cleaning rooms, you're allowed to study.
Pros
you're allowed to study.
Cons
you're always busy.
Student Job
Teaching Assistant, Computer Science (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2012
I worked at UTEP as a teaching assistant and research assistant. In general it was a good experience to work with people from the computer science department. They come from many different cultural backgrounds, are easy to work with, and are very friendly. The CS department has a new brand building, which is pretty nice and comfortable. My supervisors (professors) are well prepared, are very patient, and they are willing to help you and guide you when you get stuck with a particular assignment.
It was nice to work with students, you get new ideas, perspectives, and also reinforce your knowledge when teaching. It also helps to develop some skills, such as communication, networking, team work, and teaching skills.
Pros
friendly co-workers, new and nice installations, learned skills
Cons
low salary (student salary)
Awesome work environment & good pay.
Tutor - College of Business Administration (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 13, 2012
Loved working there as an undergrad TA. If there were no students that needed tutoring, we were allowed to do our own homework & other school related stuff as long as we were physically present at the office.
Pros
fun place, great people.
Cons
none that i can think of.
Flurry of Diverse and Often Conflicting Directives
Assoc. VP (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 22, 2011
-Infrastructure and technical talent needed to establish management's goals for public facing news, media and presence is severely lacking.
-Management's grasp of modern technology is limited to third had hearsay and not true technical understanding.
-As management ages, it is increasingly out of touch with new technologies utilized to interface with the public and its own employees.
-Financial resources are often spent on public facing window dressing instead of a solid infrastructure upon which those things should be built.
-Old methods such as print, news paper, mail and cold calling are actively sought out and utilized instead of modern methods of the electronic era.
-Employees quickly learn, in the enviornment of 'little kingdoms', that original thought and pushing the envelope will not be tolerated.
Pros
good for a short stop over, can retire here if you have no ambition, be pleasant and docile and you'll survive
Cons
technologically desolate, politically charged environment, your technical skills will shrivel