The University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews

What I learned working at facilities
Preventive Maintenance Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2017
The University haves from the oldest type of equipment to the newest types of equipment all along campus, so I learned about HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Electronics equipments
Good university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 27, 2017
This was just a university job to help me with my expenses. The project that I was working on was on solar cells. Nothing major to comment here, good graduate program.
There's very little room for growth.
Administrative Assistant II, Geological Sciences (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 10, 2017
After applying to my same job title position several times in other departments, I was repeatedly denied even thought i am well and quite possibly over qualified. There is no room for growth or expansion.
Well-paid research position with excellent benefits
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 3, 2017
Working as a research assistant, I was given a monthly stipend to work on my thesis. The bureaucracy of the University is sometimes frustrating, such as trying to get information about health benefits. The benefits themselves are robust (health and dental) and came at no extra cost. Excellent overall.
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Bureaucracy
Best in El Paso
AVP (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2017
Professional, good benefits. Not much space for growth, highly political but that is the culture of the city. No internal promotions given, always seeking external people.
Access and Excellence
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2017
Access and excellence has been, and continues to be, the clarion call of The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). A great place to work where camaraderie and teamwork go hand-in-hand toward helping student matriculate into post secondary education
Pros
Growth and opportunity
Cons
None I can currently think of
It was an ok place to work
Senior projects (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2017
It was ok. I wouldn't work there but its a job and it pays the bills at least till I find a permanent position. I learned that when you do an internship make sure that you do it directly with the company that your doing it with . Other than that it was ok.
Good atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2017
Good atmosphere when the research is being carried out.
UTEP Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2017
Staff was friendly and was a stress free environment. They were very kind and the supervisor was very helpful, they were not only interested that the employee perform the job well, but they were also interested in your well being.
Pros
stress free
Cons
it was a little repetitive
Great work atmosphere. Good benefits.
Senior International Student and Scholar Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 7, 2017
Working at UTEP has been great. The campus culture is very friendly and it feels like a family. The benefits are good. if you wish to pursue an education, you can obtain a staff discount.

Want to know more about The University of Texas at El Paso?

Ask a question
Higher Education
Director (Current Employee) –  Office of ScholarshipsFebruary 26, 2017
Working with students is nothing but a rewarding experience and has been nothing more than incredible to help the students at UTEP reach their dreams.
Friendly community
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Good place to start, friendly environment and personnel. Great experience. Hard working people pushing utep high up in the ranks.
Pros
weather, location
Cons
still developing institution
Political Environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Can never contribute to any sort of project ideas always rejected. Management is very political. They take advantage of you and make you work long hours compared to other departments. People were enjoyable to work with besides the management, they are also very strict.
developing skills
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2016
I learned about cameras and sound equipment. Marked cuts, filmed, provided script writing assistance, editing, and graphic design.

Also a place in which I learned about humanities and art.
Maintenance Helper
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 22, 2015
Helped with minor maintenance issues in the dorm room at University of Texas at El Paso. I learned a lot and enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Kansas Biological Survey
Lab Tech/Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The employee management relationship is very unified with a sense of family. We all worked hard to play our parts in the role of providing EPA with the data they need .
Fun students to work with and an very educational experience.
Administrative Assistant, Women's Studies (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 16, 2015
The University environment is very different from other companies. This was an excellent learning experience. Women's Studies was not a subject that I had ever been interested in until I started working there.
Pros
I learned a lot about issues that I was not aware of.
Cons
healthcare costs
Centennial Coordinator for UTEP's Centennial Celebration
Centennial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 7, 2014
Coordinate with stakeholders and campus leaders in various facets of business including Project Management, marketing and administrative operations.
Better experience as a banker here
Scholarship Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 23, 2014
If you want to advance in banking, this is the job to be at. They are more than willing to promote you if you are good at your job. You have lots of opportunity but be careful if you work here while in college. The hours and pressure of sales can get to you and you can easily focus all your attention here rather than school. People are awesome and the conference they have are great and motivational!
Fun and enthusiastic.
Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 22, 2014
I was a volunteer while I was in college and it was great. I love to volunteer for special events especially ones that include the community. The events were always filled with a lot to do it was not a sit down job which made it go by fast. Nonetheless, you were able to enjoy the amazing spectacle. Days leading up to the day include an ample amount of PR work and other work such as, name tags, filling volunteer forms, delivering vouchers or tickets to businesses that sponsor the event and meeting with important governments official to approve the event grounds. My favorite part was the PR portion of it and the actual show of course.