The University of Texas at Tyler Employee Reviews

Working was fun
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 17, 2017
it was excellent. I learnt a lot in software section. I manged high voltage laboratory. communicate with new students. making video, taking interviews.
Pros
Building on skills
Cons
Sometimes stressfull
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 11, 2017
Have worked at UT Tyler for 8 years and have always enjoyed working here. Most everyone is a pleasure to work with and are like family to everyone. Great place to work
Love my job!
SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 3, 2017
Working at UT Tyler is a culture in this relatively small city. I've made many friends at this institution. My problem with working here is that there isn't much available in terms of advancement or raises. It's a common issue among State of Texas agencies.
My Supervisor was awesome to work with.
SAP Computer Lab -Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 12, 2017
The work placed was filled with High team spirit, goals were set at the beginning of the semester and we were able to execute them at the end.Everyday, i went to work with excitement at the thought of helping students who get stuck on their SAP assignments, responding to emails and making the class materials better. I learnt more about SAP and how it is important to operations management in any industry.
Pros
very flexible schedule for students
Cons
Sometimes it was difficult handling students.
no review
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 25, 2017
Hardest part of the job was when I simply did not know nor did anyone else on solving a problem for a patron.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people everyday that come in to the librar
Great position for Mass Communications undergrads
Mac Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 22, 2017
It's a great position for undergraduates in the UT Tyler Mass Comm department. You get to help both students and professors while also working to make the video production classes go smoothly. It's not to much of a demanding position and is great when you do not have a student to help or other minor assignment you have plenty of time to work on class work. Great for a student that has a heavy work loaded semester that needs money.
Interesting Place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 15, 2017
The academic culture is a bit different than a corporate environment and they are willing to work with your schedule. The benefits and vacation schedule is the best I have seen.
Not enough activities on campus, not much diversity either
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 11, 2017
Quiet and safe campus, you only need to worry about tornado alerts and occasional shooter warning which is always wrongly dialed. UTTyler gives you a very good chance of just studying your degree whole-heartedly located in the small city of Tyler there isn't really any distraction that I could think of.

If your looking for a much more livelier place don't go here. Also, there isn't much progressive on the area so don't bother looking for any interesting discussion about gender choice or gender equality. Folks think like there are still in Antebellum.
Pros
Close to Nature
Cons
Very quiet at some points, no school activities
The best place to grow and enhance yourself
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at the University of Texas at Tyler included lots of challenges but it never hindered any of the projects and I was able to deliver all the tasks before time. My manager at the University of Texas at Tyler had great faith on me and was always there to support me and encourage me while I was on a challenging task.
A great place to work !!!
Associate, Office of Environmental Health & Safety (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 6, 2015
I was employed as a Safety Technician. My responsibilities included liason work with Waste Disposal Companies, Fire Protection and Evacuation plan for the University.
Pros
The freedom that I had completing my responsibilities.
Private Instruction in Music dept.
ADJUNCT MUSIC FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Great college atmosphere
Excellent faculty
great benefits
great teaching environment
excellent opportunities for students.
Excellent support staff
excellent facilities
Flexible, consistent and empowers their employs to truly succeed.
Student Assistant/Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 22, 2015
This job has taught me how to be a better customer service representative, process specific documentation, speak with Deans, Assistant Deans and Provosts and manage my time well.
I love going into work everyday because the managers and co-workers I work with are really great. They know what needs to be done, when to do it and how. I also am comfortable to go to my management when I need too.
The hardest part of this job is sometimes dealing with overwhelming amounts of documentation. Deadlines are crucial and one must be on top of their game when working at this institution in order to complete those documentation properly and consistently.
The most enjoyable part of this job is helping out people. I truly enjoy hearing the excitement in people's voices when they have been accepted into our Graduate Program or when I have helped them out with the proper information.
Pros
They work very well with scheduling, treat us very well, gives compliments when they are deserved.
Cons
Short breaks, slow computer system occasionally.
Very useful for me to leran medical imaging modalities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 18, 2014
I learned biomechanical related work. Various softwares used in medical imaging. Most enjoyable part of my job is developing a clinical application as part of my research work.
Basketball Coach During Offseason
Coach, Basketball Camp (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 14, 2014
This was a seasonal job through my collegiate career. During the summer time I would work these camps with my coach to help instruct kids on the proper fundamentals of basketball.
A great opportunity to touch the lives of Students
Asst. Dir. of Rec. Sports, OA/Aquatics (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 28, 2014
We develop recreational opportunities for the students of the University. I've built many great relationships with the people that work here and have learned how to manage people and cultivate relationships. Intermediate managers are great and flexible. I have had a challenge with strong and disagreeable personalities but the overall environment is educational and supportive.
Pros
Educational Environment, Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2013
I maintained materials science lab and taught experiments to students. I used high speed cameras and used some innovative techniques for finding the materials used.
Good
NA (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 15, 2013
I love working at UT Tyler. Great people and great benefits!
UT Tyler was an interesting place to tutor from.
Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 19, 2013
UT Tyler had a wide variety of students to choose from and was fair when it came to who I wanted to tutor.
Educational and Friendly Environmnent
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 4, 2012
This past year, I left the salon business to expedite my B.B.A. in accounting. There are many commonalities in school and work, except without the monetary compensation.
Pros
networking
Cons
increasing expenses
Great opportunity to be part of interesting projects in early stage of my career.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 21, 2012
My University gave me an opportunity to assist in some of the research projects which I mentioned in my resume. This experience gave me confidence that I can do better in future. I enjoy working in that projects especially it was fun working with LabVIEW. I feel obliged to had a chance to work with most experienced Research Scientists in a good University.
Pros
amiable, encouraging.