The Natural Resources portfolio has a target exposure of 10-15% of the endowments total assets. The asset class covers investments in oil & gas, power, commodities, metals & mining, agriculture, livestock, water, infrastructure and other hard asset opportunities. The Natural Resources team will invest primarily with external partners through long biased strategies focused on public equities and commodities, long-short alternative investment vehicles, and private investments globally including co-investments.
The Senior Analyst will work directly with the Managing Director and the Natural Resource and Emerging Markets team to research, analyze, monitor, and invest within these asset categories. Depending on current work conditions the Financial Analyst will receive broad exposure to the entire investment process and participate in broader UTIMCO investment allocation decisions. The responsibilities of a Financial Analyst will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and support investment objectives, allocation strategies, and investment performance within Natural Resources
- Screen, monitor, and assist in the selection of investment managers through fund and asset class research, manager meetings, and portfolio analysis
- Support, track, and monitor all phases of the investment process and investment performance
- Assist investment staff in negotiating and drafting deal terms with managers and other outside parties
- Conduct asset class research and assist with the development of investment themes
- Assist with managing analysts
- Degree in finance, accounting or engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of professional energy, other natural resources and/or emerging markets experience, preferably in investment banking, investment research, or in an institutional environment a definite plus.
- This is a pre-MBA position ideally suited for individuals with strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are essential to success in this role.
- Knowledge and understanding of information systems including advanced computer skills in spreadsheets and databases (knowledge of Bloomberg and Factset a plus).
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
The University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO) is a 501(c)(3) investment management corporation whose sole purpose is to...