The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Great Place to work... Great benifits... great retirement benifits... you see all different types of cultires. Friendly staff and coworkers. Very hard to get in and very hard to move around.
Awesome Hospital
PATIENT ESCORT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
The most important part of my job there at MD Anderson was following safety rules required fory job and helping the patients. I love meeting different people of different ethnicity.
Pros
great Benefits
Cons
walking
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, tXMarch 4, 2017
It is a wonderful place to work with great benefits. The work culture is phenomenal. There is also great work/life balance. I enjoy working at MD Anderson but the compensation isn't up to par.
Horrible
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
My experience was horrible. I was told that I needed to 1000% better which would insinuate that I had not been do anything. This was not very encouraging. I had never had a bad review in all of my 26 years of work.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Job Summary
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Working at MD Anderson has afforded me the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of individuals. I appreciate the opportunity that the MD Anderson family fords their employees to move within the institution for growth and promotion. I have learned to appreciate where I am daily as I prepare for where I am going in the future. In my current position I work for the department so I take care of the operations on a daily basis. I also work directly for one faculty making sure all of the administrative work is full filled. I really enjoy my co-workers, they make it easier to come to work daily. The hardest part of my job is the lack shown by management of appreciation for their employees.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Good Company
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great hospital to work for. They are the best @ cancer research and promote excellent customer care values. The pay is competitive and the benefits are great but you have to consider the payed parking, which is a little pricey, unless youre ok with walking a few blocks. Personally, my only concern is that MDA favors their physicians and pay very little attention to the needs or concerns of their Administrative Staff. To an extent, that's understandable, but that also promotes lack of ownership when mistakes are made on a doctor's behalf. The admin support will be held accountable regardless of the matter.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay
Great company to work for
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits and work/life balance. This is a very busy healthcare system and there is never a lack of work or emergencies during a typical day.
Intense population. Quality care.
Inpatient Leukemia RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
There was not really a typical day on this flood. We managed inpatient leukemia and delivered research chemo. There was a 20% survival rate. The typical day was intense and emotional. We delivered blood, platelets, FFP, and WBCs constantly. We encountered every infection and reaction possible. I constantly managed the emotional needs of the patient and family. Patients were often on isolation or protective environment for 30 days or greater.

The hardest part of my job was to get attached to patients over the months or years and watch them lose their autonomy. I think that was the hardest for them.

The most enjoyable part was what I learned from my patients. They were incredible and they taught me more than I ever could teach them. They were brave and most faced great adversity with grace and strength.
MD Anderson
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with ProHealth staffing. They are very detailed and good at explaining each position, job and contractors. They are also pretty fast with job placing too. I would recommend this Temp Agency to others.
Its cool
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2016
If you are trying to grow this is a great position for you. You have great benefits that will help you pay for school and not have to worry about it.
Great place depending what you put into it!
cOntrAct grAphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Great work environment, great people to work with. Environment will allow you to meet people who can become lifelong friends.
Advancement is sometimes slow or a dead-end for some job titles.
Pros
Great retirement if you choose to stay. Tuition reimbursement is good.
Cons
Advancements can be slow or next to nothing.
relaxed work atmosphere
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
assist with daily lab tasks, learn new science techniques, low paying, good first time job to gain experience but not to make a career out of
This is a career institution
Development Specialist/Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
This institution is focused on health and conquering cancer. These are positive motivators for anyone. Management is supportive, however, the compensation leaves something to be desired. The Benefits and perks are nice.
Pros
Job security free healthcare and cancer treatment
Cons
Low pay
Professional and sucessful medical team
Clinical Observer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Did observer ship in diagnosis, management and follow-up visits of outpatient care
Shadowed associate professor in making assessment plans of admitted patients
Wonderful learning experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
MD Anderson is a phenomenal place to work, especially if you're looking for an environment that fosters personal development and professional learning.
Pros
Free health insurance; industry leader
Cons
Inconsistent management
Too big now the MD Anderson
Research Investigator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2015
Too big will be bureaucracy. To run such a huge hospital to be in a very good effective way almost is impossible. The patent service part is fine, the research part now so many areas they planned to be big , but actually is not so .
Pros
Good for patient and research update
Cons
Bureaucracy
good working place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Worked in MD Anderson Cancer Center for 5 years. I am quite satisfied with this institute for its facility, and the training received.
Graduate Intern
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2015
It is very rewarding knowing that I work for a company where so much research and first time procedures have taken place. This place is amazing and has many amazing doctors, nurses, and staff working for them.
Employees are valued
Health Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2015
Supportive working environment with incentives to meet and exceed goals.Training and educational opportunities with potential to advance your career. Co-workers are high achieving yet pleasant. Seeing cancer patients everyday can be difficult, but it is also rewarding. Working here is inspiring. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Supportive environment. Onsite training and educational opportunties
There are pros and cons to every situation.
Financial Clearance Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy working at MDACC. I feel that we have the opportunity to touch the lives of so many individuals. However, I feel that the management and culture of the organization needs improvement.
Pros
Benefits are wonderful!
Cons
The organization is top heavy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval