The University of Texas Employee Reviews

A relaxing temporary job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78712August 31, 2016
I was a paid lab assistant, so this would only apply to those in a similar position that recieve the same boss. The work itself was tedious, but self paced, making it relaxing.
Pros
Self-set hours
Cons
Not many hours per week
good
Provost Summer Research Fellowship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2016
I started working as a cashier when I was 16 years old and attending high-school. I was awarded cashier of the year. A years later I was cashier supervisor. I then worked as the office manager for over 7 years. I worked one on one with students and assisted them with study mechanisms.
great place to work`
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 31, 2016
anyone who has worked there has nothing but good things to say. friendly staff and great co-workers. Also working and studying at the same time.
Fun work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2016
I worked as a Teaching Assistant at UTD at it was a very rewarding. I worked with the E-learning department while studying and this was a unique opportunity to learn and earn and I really enjoyed working at UTD.
Good job for work study
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 5, 2016
MavElite is a great thing to be a part of, honestly. You meet a lot of great people and it does not really matter which job you have. If you are a good people person you may get picked as tour guide but working in the office in Davis Hall is not bad at all and you become close with the people you work with.
Great workplace that caters to personal and professional needs.
Public Safety Officer/Telecommunications Officer (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2015
A typical work day is rather relaxed and non-stressful; however, it requires alertness and exactness. It requires radio etiquette and communication concerning the officer's activity and location.
Great environment, job security, fast paced at times, no micromanagement
Assistant Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasOctober 25, 2015
Great working environment, enjoyed going into work. Job security, co-workers were kind, caring and helpful. Management was very good at letting you do your job without interfering, but there if help was needed. Hated to leave.
Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. Really flexible schedule. My communication skills grew up a lot in this job. I will recommend anybody to work there .
Pros
really flexible schedule
Cons
salary
Great Place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2015
teachers are fun everything is accesible great library
advanced Computer and group spots
well Equipped labs and research groups
Pros
great team
Cons
Costly
Collaborative Training Sessions
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas, MDSeptember 15, 2015
The Sourcing Team Members were always willing to provide constructive feedback with regard to renewal of contracts requiring new or additional legal language.
Pros
Training Materials Provided
Cons
Commute to Texas Medical Center
Relax and fun place to work at
Online Learning - Blackboard Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
I learned a lot working to UTSA. I got to work with many professors and assisted them with the development of their online courses. Co-workers always made it a fun time. We all helped each other when needed. I really enjoyed my time at the UTSA Online Learning department.
Loved the University of Texas
Advertising Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2015
• Contributed heavily to planning of campus advertising conference. Created and delivered relevant educational presentations for classes of 100+ students. Gained experience leading lectures both in person and in the virtual classroom. Exhibited exceptional interpersonal skills through emails, meetings with students, and large lectures. Evaluated homework, exams, and projects and held office hours to ensure students understood course concepts.
Manufacturing Engineering, Biology, Biomaterials, Design, Solid waste.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 25, 2015
Collected, recycled, and processed solid waste materials. Developed of Eco friendly dissolved oxygen, pH, NO3, and temperature meter. Followed all standards, rules, regulations, procedures, and policies to ensure safety, efficiency, and compliance. Prepared weekly and monthly reports.
Work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Good work environment, very encouraging and supportive. Co-workers are highly skilled professionals. I got to explore new areas of healthcare data. I had a lot of freedom to design my own experiments and surveys.
Pros
Free lunch, weekly review
Cons
not much interaction
Nice place to work
o Microbiology Teacher's Assistant Summer I (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pay rate are not enough to sustain yourself. Pay on a monthly basis which may be difficult for many students who have loans to pay. However, the working environment is very peaceful.
The people who work here make it a great place to work!
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2015
I worked for UT for almost 7 years. I really loved the atmosphere and the people I grew to know ended up feeling like family.
Pros
people, outings, friends, never bored
Cons
management, team mates, no help in learning new concepts or ideas
Great experience with top notch student athletes
Head Men's Lacrosse coach (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2015
I have had the pleasure of coaching some of the brightest student athletes at the University of Texas. It has been an honor to serve as their coach and mentor throughout the four years of their college experience.
convenient and productive with time for school
Technical Staff Student/ Technical Skilled Staff (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 9, 2015
a typical day at work is actually never the same. There are all kinds of tasks that need to be accessed.

I have learned many skills: welding, firing kilns, fixing kilns, plasma cutting, carpentry, photo lab, time management

Management is a sometimes a bit difficult but nothing that isn't tolerable.

Most difficult part of the job is being in the same atmosphere as school. cant really be separated and can be stressful.

The most enjoyable is time management is flexible with classes.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very little hours
Great environment
Team Leader and Phone Center Ambassador (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2015
Great environment for students to work while pursuing a degree. Flexible hours and great team members. All team member work together to achieve the daily goal.
great place to work
International Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 12, 2015
UT Tyler is a great place to work, I love the work environment and the ppl. the benefits are also good for the workers and their families

4.4