The University of Texas

The University of Texas United States Employee Reviews

Rewarding and engaging experience with a multidisciplinary team
Counseling Specialist (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 16, 2015
An aspect that I enjoy is that a typical day at work is always different, providing mental health treatment to college students is very satisfying and always presents a new challenge and learning experience. I learn about treatment and mental health diagnostics on a daily basis, this helps me engage in learning and advancing my clinical knowledge regularly. This place of employment is also an internship sight for students in which I am able to assist by answering their questions and help them refine their clinical skills. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is having the face to face interaction with the population we serve, and not having the time to participate in academic research seems to be the hardest part of my job but I still engage in it outside of work when possible.
Productive and Leadership Enhancement position
NCAA Athlete (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2015
Enhanced leadership skills, critical thinking and analysis in many problem solving situations.
Long days of practice and learning.
Team work and team building
Equipment Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXApril 4, 2015
Good place to work with everybody in Health and Human Performance. Co-workers always helpful and willing to get the best out of you.
It was not the best place to work. The Department Chair did not work well with staff.
Accountant - Department of Physics (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: paid holdiays
Cons: department chair and office staff were rude
Processing accounting documents for students and professors.

I learned that patience is a virtue.

Management was not the greatest. The Department Chair did not care about staff at all!!!

The co-workers were not friendly either. My direct sueprvisor was amazing.

The hardest part was attempting to get receipts, and the communiation was lacking greatly within the department.

My supervisor was great.
Challenging Place to Work
Student Affairs (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: Beautiful Campus
Cons: None
Working for UT Austin has been a fun and challenging experience for me. There are so many benefits to work at UT Austin - from the beautiful campus to the coworkers that I had the opportunity to work with each day. I would highly suggest employment at UT Austin.
My life as a postdoc keeps me busy
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoy the work I do and my girlfriend lives out of town, so I find myself coming into work at all hours of the day and night to perform experiments.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my own schedule. The consequence of that, as implied above, is that I will come in at any time to work.
interesting work
Telecommunication System Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Interesting work place. I learned to program phones. Handle customer issues and pay bills for the telephone services area.
Recommend for all PR majors
Member of PRSSA (Current Employee), Austin TexasJanuary 6, 2015
You could learn a lot from here and start networking with other PR professionals.
Motivated to relocate closer to family.
Internship/Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2015
I have successfully completed the graduate degree program in MA-TESOL at University of Texas San Antonio this December. I initiated and developed lesson plans to include learning objectives, students’ outcomes, and rubrics. Developed cognitive learning strategies for communicative competence; such as, effective writing and verbal communication skills, great social and leadership skills, as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills, planning and delivering lessons plans, creating and preparing teaching materials, and evaluating students’ performance, coordinating with colleagues and other professionals, providing advice in developing lesson plans, and performing other tasks assigned, self-motivated, energetic, and resourceful.
By preparing individual, pair, group work, listening tasks, and modifying different learning styles to encourage active learning process for students has resulted in excellent results and the most rewarding part of my day is when students learn how to be successful in the academic world as well as in their life experiences.
Great city
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2015
I would be in charge of getting all the players ready and outfitted for the days camp. Also to inventory all the snacks and get the lunch ordered before we started. I learned humility and serving could actually be more beneficial than being served.
fun and progressive place to work
Admin (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere, healthcare
I especially enjoyed working for UT System because it alllowed us as employees to work with the cutting edge of technology. A typical day for me involved getting to work by 7:45am, reviewing my emails, checking the overnight voicemail and getting said messages to their respective colleagues. I created filing systems and then later on assisted the office in moving towards a paperless work environment which was exciting.
Productive and fun place to work with
Research Associate and Data Analyst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: affordable
Cons: weather
Awesome campus art and the people are also very friendly. I would recommend UTEP to someone with a good educational background and dont want to spend much money in his education
Great experience
GeoForce Counselor (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2014
My job was with their GeoForce program which is through UT but heavily sponsored by many major oil companies. I was a geology camp counselor for high school students. It was an excellent experience and a few of my students are currently pursuing geology in college because of their summer with GeoForce.
It's good
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXSeptember 24, 2014
It's all good
Heavy teaching load
My boss is awesome
Teaching is really enjoyable.
Fun work Place
Clinical Laboratory Science Program Treasurer (Former Employee), Eduingburg TxSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: challenging
Its a fun place to work. Always Learning new things everyday is challenging. Build character
Administrative Associate
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 5, 2014
My typical day is very repetitive. If you look at my resume, most of what is listed are my daily tasks.
Excellent opportunity as a student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXJuly 17, 2014
Had duties and tasks set to pursue every month.

Learned how to conduct research and a variety of new concepts and skills not necessarily related to my field (Electrical Engineering).

Worked in a team with a culturally diverse environment.
Good experience
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: solve problems between students involved in the same project
Part-time job while being an undergrad student.
The job consisted to lead freshmen mechanical engineer students in a mechanical engineering related project throughout their semester.The students were arranged in teams of four and we were required to keep track every week of the progress of each team's project.
Great place to expand knowledge
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2014
There are lots of people around that you can bounce ideas off of
Friendly Staff.
Scheduling Student Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no cons.
I answered phones, and emails, made event reservations, and created sections for the school schedule.

1 2 3