The University of Toledo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor work experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 10, 2017
University of Toledo Medical Center was an average work experience for me. The management wasn't great but the benefits were excellent. I would definitely recommend this company to other potential employees.
Benefits
student employment with the University of Toledo Medical Center
Patient assistant Orthopedic Rehabilitations (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2017
The awarding of position to students that were employed at this facility was based not only on the students classroom performance, but also their conduct and abilities among student campus involvement and earning University awards such as receiving Dean's letters and Honor society nomination to scholar Society's such as the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, that I am a member of.

As to the atmosphere within the Medical Center, I found that I was treated as a team member, performing various clerical functions,assisting of patient care and transport's within the Medical center itself. Assisting of therapy session with patient of physical, occupation and recreational therapy, with the therapist.Gave report and enter information's, within patient files such calories of meal consumption per each patient and meal served daily, liquid and water consumption through out the patient day, etc..

I earned a letter of recommendation during my employ at this facility from the department management nursing supervision personal.
Pros
experience I gained being employed at this medical facility
Cons
Great university, even better employer
MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 27, 2016
Loved working here as a student and as an employee. There was no typical day in this environment. The co-workers became your friends and supported you no matter what.
Productive and keeps me busy and thinking
Intern (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioMarch 16, 2015
I've learned many things while interning in many different clinics at UTMC. I preform any managerial or secretarial tasks that my mentor asks me to do while helping MA's with Athena when I am able.
Productive and busy place to work
Cardiovascular Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be to answer a lot of billing questions for the clients. Write a lot of insurance policies and explain a lot of policies to the clients. The co-workers were ok to get along with. The hardest part of the job was working with my husband.
Incredibly an excellent job
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 30, 2014
In one word, a very good place to be when you going to healthcare field.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
so much to do in a day
University of Toledo Medical Center
Patient assistant Orthopedic Rehabilitations (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 13, 2014
My overall view of the Medical Center, was very good, the one lacking element for me was as a student the limited income, as a student employee. The fact as one may know, we must occur earnings to pay our bills.

This one point,caused me to transfer Universities, which was a must due to expenses and bills, to budget such monies was very difficult. However, the treatment I received from my peers and superior, at this occupation, was very good. Often I wa treated as an equal, across the board. And even offer responsibilities above the required usual task. I can say trust in my abilities and work ethics were given to me, by the entire staff.
Pros
Employment, and work enviroment
Cons
lack of hours and pay rate
student empolyment/while I attended classes at this University
Patient assistant Orthopedic Rehabilitations (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2013
This was an employment position I really liked, it was not the money it was the people that made the position, really nice. Yhe patients and staff members treated me with respect and trust..
Director (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioApril 1, 2013
Great place to work. Team environment. University setting
Pros
paid holidays; education offered to employees at the university
Advancement opportunities in a wide variety of different departments.
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 30, 2012
I gained experience in administration of a large hospital in Marketing, Finance and Service Excellence.
Pros
free college
Cons
budget cuts lead to unemployment of workers.