The University of Toledo Employee Reviews

Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2017
Research Interns are expected to produce as many results as possible with a continuous scrutiny that's part of a Ph.D. research. Bound normal lifestyle and calm city.
Nice place
Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 22, 2017
The University environment is nice compared to insustry. Very helpful people as you would expect. My supervisors have been rather awesome and supportive.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
None, really
Incompetent Management
CS Technology Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 28, 2017
It's all about seniority and who you know or what you know about others.
If you kiss up and take credit for other people's work, then you can get a long way.
Pros
way laid back work ethic
Cons
if you have any work ethic at all, you have to pick up others slack
good research opportunities in medicinal chemistry
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 24, 2017
The department of medicinal chemistry offer you varieties of research opportunities in immunology, synthetic medicinal chemistry, neuron science and analytical chemistry.
Good Workplace
PhD researcher (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Its good to work here. Everyone is quite helpful and co-operative. I enjoy working here, but everyone should grow in life and thats what I am trying to do.
Productive and relaxing workplace.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2017
It was a great place to work. Had learnt how to manage teaching and time. I had relaxed work and all I had to do apart from teaching was to strictly follow the safety guidelines to avoid any personal injury.
A university is always a great place to earn and learn
Office Administrator/ Aboretum Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time there serving in many different capacities. It kept your mind active when meeting the many different populations and interests that are always part of university life.
Pros
Education
Cons
budget cuts
University of Toledo
Assistant Softball Coach / Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at UT and my time with the athletic department. I felt I wasn't micromanaged and allowed to execute my job responsibilities without a hovering manager.
Pros
Great Academics, mid-sized university
Cons
Softball field is located off-campus
Ut
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2017
Overall I have had a great experience working for The University of Toledo in many departments. Residence life, athletic department, communications and the College of Business. My most enjoyable job was working for the social media team. I had the chance to meet many leaders on our campus and hear about there time at UT and how they have made it a better place.
Overall
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 15, 2017
Many decisions made are top-level down regardless of input from employees. Benefits are great. No support when there are issues with co-workers. It's best to be a "yes-man" employee.

Want to know more about The University of Toledo?

Ask a question
Not a great place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2017
No work life balance. Coworkers were actively sabotaging each others projects. Many coworkers were anything but helpful. Could not recommend to anyone.
Great group of individuals who make work not feel like work
Notetaking and testing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 11, 2017
While working at The University of Toledo Student Disability Services I learned a great deal about patience and understanding. This gave me a different aspect to how some people have to learn which will help with my management skills in the future.
Very rewarding and fun workplace
Notetaking and testing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 2, 2017
At The University of Toledo I worked in the Student Disability Services. This is where students with minor or severe disabilities come to get accommodations to help them get through their college career. I helped out students with learning how our equipment worked to proctoring exams to checking our database and making sure other students were on top of the work they signed up for. Each day was different than the next. The workplace was great with great employees that were easy to get along with.
Flexible School Schedule
Student AutoCAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 20, 2017
The workplace was mainly for students who wanted a job while in school, the schedule is flexible and changeable depending on what classes your taking or will be taking. The work involves clocking in electronically and having to do a couple projects by yourself or with others depending on what needs to get done. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the projects up to date and not juggle around too much that you can handle, in my case was librarian management/AutoCAD technician Projects/Signage participation. Best part of the job is the incredibly flexible schedule you make yourself so you can pick a schedule that best fits your school schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Juggling of tasks
Productive work place- Aramark
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2017
Aramark at University of Toledo is an excellent job opportunity for student workers.Managers and Supervisors are very supportive and willing to help students.
Productive workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2017
Aramark is a very productive and fun place for student worker. Helped me acquire many skills like providing prompt customer service and maintaining constant hygiene standards. Managers and Supervisors are willing to offer help and friendly. Quality of food, Heath care and customer service are priorities.
Pros
Real connections, free luches
Liked the job itself.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 2, 2017
There was a thief in the office. No cameras to catch them. I had many personal items stolen. Management didn't want to address the issue, nor did campus police. Enjoyed the job itself.
Productive and fun people to worl with
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Productive and fun people to work with. People are warm and welcoming. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There is not much for students to do though. Some may be rude
a good place to study and work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2017
beautiful university providing a good space for studying and living, knowledgeable professors offers interesting lectures and suggestions, and stuffs are very nice to work with.
Productive and a place with learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Cultural diversity and the sound management with a work balance makes life easier at UT. Since it is a research based university, students are benefited with this.