The University of Toledo

The University of Toledo Employer Reviews

Adequate University
Student Union Building Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 30, 2014
The professors in the Construction Degree are all great professors and learned all their knowledge from the industry.
nice atmospher, lot of customer service.
Managing Janitor (Former Employee), toledo, ohFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be to fill vending machines, sweep floors, empty all trash cans, mop up any spills as needed and answer any questions students and faculty had. What I learned was how to deal with multiple people for a long period of time effectively. The hardest part of the job was having to empty multiple trash cans before the other ones – more... got toppled with too much trash. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people through out the day. – less
Just a unpaid research project for Alzheimer's Disease treatments.
Undergraduate Researcher for Alzheimer's disease (Current Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2013
 Preparation of enzymes and their substrate at very precise levels and conditions
 Use of methods of enzymatic hydrolysis to prepare specific samples for testing
 Analytic use of superoxide and hydroxyl procedures to see oxidizing properties of enzymes
 Examination of NMR and HPLC results to find molar mass, geometric shape, and properties of compounds
 – more... Statistical analysis of data from given experiments and concluding if a correlation between the data exists – less
Good starter job for .net/oracle/tsql software developers
Enterprise Application Automation Developer (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great place to get your feet wet with development, great benefits
Cons: not competitive for pay
I enjoy working for UT. Projects are steady and manageable. Mid-level management is good.
I enjoyed working in distrubution
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 25, 2013
Pros: i get the work done.
Cons: when im in to work sometimes i miss a break
I am a hard worker, and I love working with my peer. and I am good at multi task.
Pay little expect big things
Facilities and Construction Student Worker (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2013
Out of touch with reality. Pay very little but expect big things.
Challenging yet rewarding experience.
Teaching Assistant, Penology (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 9, 2013
On a typical day I would be planning the next weeks lesson, test or assignment. I also would be answering many emails from students. The most rewarding experience of this position was having the ability to bring my students on a tour of Toledo's jail.
Awesome boss!
Desktop Support Technician(Co-op) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 4, 2013
A typical day at work includes having iSupport open and making sure no new tickets come in, if one comes in that I can take care, I go and take care of it.

I have learned more troubleshooting skills.

Management and coworkers are amazing.

Hardest part of the job would be dealing with MEEP.

Most enjoyable part of the job is my boss. He makes it a – more... very lively environment. – less
They care about their students
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great people
Working in the career services office for the College of Business was a great learning experience. The College really cares about its students, and will help students find internships and jobs that meet their needs.
I enjoyed working at my Alma Mater very much!
PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: helping to produce the next generation of architects, engineers was exciting!
Cons: being an adjunct professor has little if no guarantee on teaching every semester.
I very much enjoyed interacting with my fellow staff members and especially my students. I appreciated their enthusiasm and efforts when it came to their assignments and attentiveness in class. I enjoyed producing class materials and the challenge of ensuring that my students would not only be able to comprehend the information, but in turn apply it.
I enjoyed working at my Alma Mater very much!
PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2013
I went to school here.
Education (Current Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2012
Engineering College.
Co-op Experience
Construction Engineering Technology
Exciting place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo OhNovember 8, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Great place to work where I learned many thins to help me in the real world.
loved this job
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, CMOctober 8, 2012
IT was a very easy going job and my boss was really nice. i worked at a desk answering phones and helping residents
Public University
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: free schooling
Cons: inoficent
Very inoficent place to work. Its a public university. Enough said.
Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2012
Reported to the VP of External Affairs. He is a great guy. The experience was fantastic.
Student Worker
Student Worker, College of Graduate Studies (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 17, 2012
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: n/a
A typical day working in the College of Graduate Studies consisted of checking GAPA forms in the student information systems of the University to make sure student information listed on the GAPA was correct.
I learned numerous things while employed there. I had a chance to hone my filing skills and become a better typist on the the computer. I worked – more... hard to complete tasks assigned to me and do so in a timely manner.
My co-workers and supervisors were some of the best I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
I cannot say there was a "hardest" part of the job.
I can say that the job was enjoyable, nothing negative sticks out to me. – less
Pay Attention to Detials
Student Groundskeeper (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 4, 2012
If you are a detail oriented person this is the place for you. The University expects employees to maintain facilities like they are there own places.
Graduate Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 2, 2012
I was able to gain experience working with multiple different research teams.
Graduate Assistant/Student
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 29, 2012
The University of Toledo provided me with exceptional knowledge in the field of economics as well as teaching me how to professionally collect and present data, as well as writing professional literature about my findings. The university also provided me with a tuition waiver as well as a stipend as compensation.