The University Of Tulsa Employee Reviews

Great institution
Phonathon Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at TU. Unfortunately my position was made in to a graduate assistant position and I had to move to day time hours that did not work for my family.
Easy and fun place to work.
Student Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2017
As a note taker, I regularly go into the Center for Student Academic Support and am always greeting with a smiling face. Everyone in CSAS is usually upbeat and friendly, so it's a nice place to spend some time. Very easy and flexible job opportunities. Rewarding as well.
comprehensive understanding of the university dormitory culture
DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2016
Greet students, staff and guests; Act as resource person to students, staff and guests; Answer telephones promptly and maintain accurate messages; Assist with emergency procedures; Assist with a variety of administrative tasks.
Never Too Old to Learn
Manager of Training & Development (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2015
Universities have only a slow and slower speed when it relates to change. Possibly due to not wanting to make a mistake. If you learn to roll with the flow it makes life easier. Most days are preparing for a course/workshop I'm facilitating. Teach courses in several areas for staff, 3-4 hours per session. Sending reminders to participants about a class they enrolled in. Updating with revisions online OSHA training's. Overseeing equipment related to the CPR/AED. Challenging to work with such a broad range of staff having no higher education or several degrees.

Everyone who is on staff feels they have taken on several additional jobs that are expected to be produced within an 8 hour day. Stressful at times.

Most coworkers are pleasant and some are more pro-active in their job task than others. Managers tend to need a refresher course in communication and valuing staff. Faculty are interesting to know, graduate students are manipulative and undergrads are wide-eyed and young.

A university is a very stimulating environment that so many opportunities to engage in new ideas and information avail themselves.
Pros
Beautiful campus, above average faculty and students
Cons
Update computer more often, offer other multimedia tools for work related.
Data Entry Clerk, Records Department
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2015
I worked in the records department as a data entry clerk. I learned about transcripts and record keeping for students. Unfortunately, my position was eliminated after just 2 months due to budget cuts.
Love my job
Work-Study Student Advising Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2015
Filling, talking on phone, faxing, and helping students . I learned how to solve students problems. My boss was great she like my work she wanted to hire me. Got along good with co works. Helping the students with there problems.
Departmental Assistant
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 12, 2014
Assisting the students and the professors. Enjoyed interacting with the various professors.
Pros
The students and professors
Cons
None.
Very nice office environment
Work-Student Advicing Office (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2014
First go in check to see if any files need to be filed and see if Jane had a list of files that need to be pulled so she could review them. Make copies of everything on shelf that she needed copies made. Then go to class come back and fax papers. Answer phone if everything is done that she has laid out to be done. I would see there was anything that see need done right away. If reports needed type I would type them I would sort papers out. I keep everything running smoothly. I keep everything done and done on time so she would not have make sure I something to or tell what to do. She could depend on me getting my work done. I was the only work-study to catch all her filling up and keep it caught up. She wanted me to stay and work for her.
Pros
Fun place people were nice enjoy working there great boss.
Cons
Had to leave
The University of Tulsa was Outstanding
Private Percussion Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2014
Besides being a student for four years there, I absolutely loved working for the University. They treated me very nicely and were very flexible with job hours. I hope to return to Tulsa one day and continue working with the very prestigious school.
It is a wonderful place to work
Assistant Director of Purchasing Department (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaMarch 10, 2014
I had worked with The University of Tulsa almost 8 years and it is a very pleasant and professional place to work
Pros
Benefits, co-workesr, management support, learning experience
Cons
High quality private research school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 5, 2014
Excellent cross-disciplinary research across engineering and science faculties
Tiny school, low student strength which allows better teacher-student interaction
R/d
Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 30, 2013
R/D lab project for student and company. learn something new everyday. Work with students on a daily base waiting on there lights to turn on.
Graduate research assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2013
Managing the Research in the Lab, preparing reports and presentation for weekly meeting, doing related experiments,
Student and Employee focused workplace that is famiy oriented
Legal Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2012
The University of Tulsa is a fun place to work. How many places can you work and you have a football team to cheer on?! The University is dedicated to student happiness and was voted in the top 10 universities nationwide as having the happiest students. Great academic program as well as sports program.
Employees here all get to know one another well. We have great benefits and most employees do not leave until they retire.
Pros
free college tuition to immediate family members, retirement plan, and other great benefits.
Cons
lower salary range
amazing enviroment
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2012
everybody is friendly and knowledgeable. it is so easy to work as a team.
Great Place to Work
Fatigue Research Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding CAMay 11, 2012
everyone is willing to help. exciting job oppurtunities. company is small enough for everyone to get along and know one another
Pros
always help when you need it
Cons
not im my field of study
Friendly environment
System Admin (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2012
I work as a graduate administrative assistant - System admin at The University of Tulsa, Office of Admission. The work environment is friendly, staff is really nice and helpful.