The University of Vermont Medical Center Employee Reviews

I love my job ,my bosses and coworkers. Very tidy.
Pathology and Blood Bank Assistant Technician II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 17, 2017
I LOVE THE JOB ENVIRONMENT. I worked daily 5 days a week but no complain about the job for many years. i absolutely love working with everybody professional and responsible medical health workers from Janitors to Doctors, technician to Directors, we have to play our part daily and functioning as a team players in a winning game. i hate to leave such a place but i have to relocate with my family to North Carolina. I love to find another winning team like the one I have when I finally relocate this month or as soon as I get hired.
Pros
we get free lunches in several occassions, gifts every year anniversary and Christmas holidays. Awesome health and retirement package.
Cons
nothing negative i can think of.
Great place to work with fantastic staff
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 6, 2017
This Emergency Department is a great place to work where you can further your skills while working amongst friendly, motivated, professional individuals.
Collaborative Environment
Senior Practicum (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentSeptember 1, 2017
One of the most collaborative environments and supportive places to work. As a student, I felt very comfortable and supported working in critical situations despite the prematurity of my professional practice.
productive life balanced workplace with high patient care focus
Social Work Supervisor (Current Employee) –  S Burlington, VTAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced- never a dull moment yet flexible to life balance needs of the employee. Management is supportive. I have learned that life and work can be balanced and both done well. The workplace culture is highly focused on patient care and experience. The hardest part of the job is the clinical needs of treating very sick individuals. The culture creates a sense of camaraderie, also the team work is excellent with a no fault approach to problem solving creating a self correcting process to improve the work without sacrificing morale- this is the best part of the job
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Good
Orderly (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work, but my specific life circumstances require a job with a higher salary. This job would be fine for someone who had limited responsibility.
Productive Fast Pace and exciting
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 3, 2017
I have been working for UVM medical center for the last six years. I must say my experience has been amazing. Every piece of knowledge I have absorb has enhance my skill set to be the best at what I do. There is always something to learn within this organization. I am thankful everyday for the opportunity that UVM Medical Center has given me. I would recommend a friend anytime to become one with UVM Medical Center.
Pros
Self improvement Programs, Wellness Program.
Cons
You have to use your own time on Holidays
Field Service technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 27, 2017
easy going job.

Good peer structure within the IT department, if you need help all you have to do is ask.

Management understands both the employee and patient side of the business.
Patient Benefit Advisor
Patient Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 13, 2017
A typical day being a Patient Benefit Advisor is taking incoming and making outbound phone calls to patients. You speak with patients about their upcoming appointments and inform them of options they have should they need financial help.
Friendly environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 6, 2017
Clinical practicum experience was positive and I felt like I learned a lot from the technologists. Work environment was friendly employee morale was great.
Overall great experience
Licensed Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VT 05401May 23, 2017
patient vitals
patient baths
monitoring
management was extremely helpful
changing environments
patient interactions
EKG
phlebotomy
assistant other staff as needed
Medical environment that puts the patient first
Practice Supervisor-Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTMay 22, 2017
Work environment was very busy - I was responsible for multiple sites during my tenure. Wonderful, caring family medicine providers, who will always put the patient first.

Good advancement opportunities - affiliated with the University of Vermont.
Pros
Great staff and providers - fabulous patients!
Cons
Tough when staffing shortages
Productive Office
Level II Ambulatory Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NYMay 17, 2017
Worked with some great people. Everyone is willing to help each other. Could use a manager at the specific office and the other offices as it's a big speciality. Overall, it was a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings
Cons
Hard to advance
RN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 15, 2017
It is a great environment to work as a nurse. Knowledgable and helpful co-workers and management. Level 1 Trauma Center allows for amazing experiences.
Top Provider of Healthcare in Vermont
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 13, 2017
14 years full time, 6 per diem. Still the most ethical organization I've worked for when dealing with patients and employees. Great place to work and made great friends with my coworkers. Felt that I made a difference in the lives of patients every day.
Pros
Great patient care
Peaceful medical campus
Practice Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 5, 2017
University of Vermont Medical Center is the largest employer in the state of Vermont, serves for Vermont and upstate of New York. Doctors and staff are patient friendly.
Lot of activity
Director (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 12, 2017
Opportunity to get involved in a lot of different things.
Faces challenges of not wanting to take on big problems like most healthcare organizations in today's world.
Pros
Lot of good people to work with
Cons
Can have conflicting goals
Senior code operatoe (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 31, 2017
Many opportunities to progress your career in a supportive environment. Management has made it possible for me to be a full time student and work ~30 hours a week.
Fast paced outpatient clinic environment
Emergency Department HIM Coder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 23, 2017
The team in the clinic setting was very cohesive and worked well together. All of the providers gave excellent care to each of their patients. The staff and the providers worked together in teams as well.
Volunteer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 21, 2017
My volunteer experience at the UVM medical center was incredible. It was a very open and comfortable working environment, and even amidst all the stress, everyone managed to keep their cool. Very admirable.
Pros
Professional staff
Cons
N/a
Uvmmc
LNA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 17, 2017
Typical work day is 12 hour shifts, if you have a family or animals you have a hard time working 12 hour shifts. Management is amazing and they do work with you. LOTs of DRAMA so just be careful. The best part is caring for patients the only reason I love my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Vermont Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3