DUTIES: Under the direction of the Director of Placement Services and within the limitations of agency policy, the incumbent shall execute the following duties:
- For the first 45-days after placement, provide direct foster care services to foster children, foster families, and families of origin. These services will include, but are not limited to:
Enrolling children in school
Schedule and follow through on initial appointments for physical and dental examinations
Schedule and follow through on initial therapy appointments
Schedule and follow through on initial medication management
Make referrals to any necessary evaluations (psychological, psycho-sexual, developmental, neurological, medical, etc.,)
Attend and provide written report for all FAPT/CAT meeting scheduled during the first 45 days of placement
Attend and provide written report for all Court hearings scheduled during the first 45 days of placement.
Request all necessary documentation from service providers (minimum 3 attempts)
Write child’s Social History
- Provide solution focused counseling and casework services.
- Serve as an active member of the TFC treatment team and CQI Work Team 1.
- Prepare and carry out social plans with children and families.
- Document treatment goals in the case plans and maintain case records in compliance with Agency, regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provide after hours on-call duty with other professional staff.
- Assist with child placements into the therapeutic foster care program, including regular, individualized, therapeutic, and emergency referrals, and serve as the alternate contact person for referring agencies.
- Provide immediate response to all referrals. Maintain a positive, customer friendly relationship with all referring agencies and quickly help mediate any complaints for these customers.
- Assist with completing all required placement paper work, to include case set up and intake assessments.
- Assist with transporting children to necessary appointments and school enrollment.
- Assist in developing marketing plan for the program and facilitate the marketing of the plan to referring agencies. Assist in the marketing of the Therapeutic Foster Parent recruiting and training effort as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent must have strong inter-personal, management, marketing and direct service skills.
- Must have a Doctorate or Masters of Social Work degree from an accredited school of social work, plus two years of child and family casework experience.
- A Bachelors degree in a human service field and four years of related experience may be substituted for an M.S.W.
- Must be able to work with a team and take direction well.
- Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and automobile with at least state minimum liability insurance coverage and pass all required background checks.
- Must have and maintain a cell phone.
Indeed - 19 months ago
City of Norfolk, VA
City of Norfolk, VA
- 30+ days ago
The Up Center (formerly Child & Family Services of Eastern Virginia) has been a safety net for the Hampton Roads community for over 125...