The Urban League of Greater Oklahoma City, Inc., 21 Century Community Learning Center, Perfecting Education & Academics for Kids After-School Program is open to students who attend Douglass Mid-High School in Oklahoma City, OK, Oklahoma City Public School District. The after-school program is located at Douglass Mid-High School, 900 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73117.
The Security Officer position is part-time with hours generally between 2:45pm-5:45pm, Monday-Thursday. This position is designed to assist and support the Program Coordinator in the 21 Century Community Learning Center Model of providing engaging, interactive, academic and enrichment activities in a safe and supportive environment.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property and permitting/restricting entry to and from designated PEAK area(s).
- Assists PEAK staff with the supervision, monitoring, and redirection of students.
- In case of incident: completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures (PEAK Program documents available for documentation purposes).
- Assists with meeting the annual objectives/goals of program’s United Way Agency profile.
- Assists with tracking participant services, progress and results in agency’s outcomes data management tool and reports data to National Urban League.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to deal with uncertainty, judgment, objectivity, dependability, emotional control, integrity, safety management, professionalism and have reporting skills. Applicants must also have a commitment to improving the lives of youth and an appreciation for a variety of learning styles. Applicants should be well organized and responsive to students’ needs. Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of a variety of teaching techniques and sound discipline techniques to ensure a safe environment for students. Two or more years of experience working in a security personnel or police-office capacity. Candidates must also be able to pass a background check. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.