The Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved working @ Valley despite stress factors
Same Day Services Chart Coordinator (BA) (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 2, 2016
In general, TVH is a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed working with colleagues, medical staff and patients on a day to day basis.

I was fortunate to have two wonderful managers; a third was overly critical and very politically motivated. However, experience has taught me to go with the flow and devise a way to work with
everyone for the good of the team and our patients.
Pros
40 Hour Bi-weekly Schedule, Colleagues, Benefits
Cons
Stress factors working with medical personnel & patients; sometimes expectations unrealistic, given time constraints
great nurses and doctors
Certified Registered Clinical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 22, 2016
please see previous review

Days are very busy and intense. Management style is Authortarian. Physicians and Nurse are very good and hands on. Difficult to keep up with heaving amount of charting and limited areas where charing can be done. Nurses often feel that they are not able to spend enough time with patient's. Assignments are heaving and nurse to patient ratio can been heavy at times, although they try to balance it out for the nurses as best that can. We are seeing increasing number of complications. Thankfully, really good protocols in place. High energy job.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
lunch room is painted a chaotic red is also in amidst of traffic
Outstanding Hospital
R.N., SDS Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 13, 2016
A good hospital to work for. I enjoy working in the Same Day Surgery Unit in the Operating Room, located in the Luckow Pavilion. My coworkers are great and everyone works together. My Nurse Manager is hard working and fair. The down side to my job is that I have a per diem position and it has been difficult to get a part or full time position.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
per diem job
Great Place to work
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJDecember 5, 2016
The Valley Hospital is a great place to work. The hospital believes in employee incentives for a job well done. They are team oriented and patient focused.
A close knit group of workers on the front-lines
CALL CENTER AGENT-HOSPITAL ANSWERING SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work I answered upwards of 100 calls and transferred them to their requested extension or department. I learned to utilize the automated "Answer with a Smile", the computer system and the phone system working closely with co-workers to deliver a seamless answering service.
The hardest part of the job was during emergency situations dispatching overhead "Code Calls" and thier documentation that took precidence over any other call which usually occurred during the crush hours when the Physician's Answering Service were taking closing contact instructions.
Management always helped to make the job fun while keeping everyone on task. The most enjoyable part of this job was the comaraderie through it all.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
extremely high call volumes, no time to breath between calls
Excellent patient care is given to every patient.
Certified Registered Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 16, 2015
Excellent patient care is given to every patient. Good benefits. Good reputation. Nurses work very hard to meet patient's needs.
good learning experience
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 23, 2015
don't get paid enough for the amount of work done good for learning while in nursing school but they do not hire LPN raises are based on floors performance
great place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 19, 2015
Team atmosphere .....Hardest part working with Dr's who wouldn't be so kind all the time. But challenging, taught me allot.
Pros
Holiday Party's
Cons
Low compensation
excellent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 20, 2014
In the 20 years working at the Valley Hospital, I enjoyed my job from the beginning to end. I started in med / surg, then moved on to IMC, and then enjoyed a multifaceted job in diagnostic imaging.
Pros
great benefits, made life long friends, loved my patient population and working in the diagnostic imaging department very much
Cons
no room to move up. went back to school for BSN and graduated, moved on to new job prior to graduation
The Valley Hospital
Patient Transport Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Working at valley has benefited me so much. They have great benefits, they help you through college, and they offer flexible work hours. The staff is very compassionate towards patients, visitors, and fellow coworkers.
Pros
Help pay for school, flexible work hours, room for improvement, substantial growth.
Cons
Only worked part time hours.
Great Benefits and Incentives
Business Associate (Radiation Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Over worked, underpaid, misunderstood by mangement. Valley offers its employees amazing benefits and incentives but unfortnately management does not tend to the needs and or changes requested by employees "lay people"
Best Place to work in NJ
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 30, 2012
I had a wonderful experience working for the Valley Hospital. The values and ethics of the hospital are excellent. They hire the most experienced and respectable staff. Overall they are an amazing place to work and you cant beat the benefits.
Pros
benefits, top rated hospital
Excellent quality of care
Patient Care Technician/Cardiac Unit (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work for! Good management. Very friendly people. Career mobility if you continue your education. Very supportive managers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Understaffed
Professional, friendly place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 20, 2012
Family oriented type of place to work-Has tuition reinbursement and flexible scheduling. Very clean enviroment
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary capping
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 26, 2013
I enjoy this job everyone is friendly you enjoy to be around everyone everyday. Benefits are great.
Pros
fun enviornment
Cons
pto and sick time are combined
I would not recommend Valley Hospital to anyone to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 16, 2015
I started my career as a nurse at The Valley Hospital in December 1999. I suffered a brain aneursym requiring a craniotomy in May 2012. As a result I was terminated, as my boss said she did not believe I would be able to work to full capacity. I was promised job security and was still "let go." I gave so many hours to this hospital being a charge nurse, preceptor, directing QI/QA teams, working 12-16 hour shifts when I was pregant and this is the worst form of punishment anyone could receive. I am truly devastated. I received many awards for excellence in nursing.
Pros
I love being a nurse
Cons
see above
Nice place to work
PCA @ (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJDecember 23, 2012
Nice place to work. Good benefits and employee incentives.
Overall, an innovative place to learn and grow as a practitioner
Resident Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 21, 2014
The Valley Hospital Pharmacy Residency program has taught me how to work closely with all members of the healthcare team. It has taught me how to learn and adapt to a variety of environments and settings. Everyone has a different teaching style, and I have been able to learn how to use my skills to learn to my full capacity. I really enjoy working with the rest of the pharmacy team, and I especially enjoy working with the team. The hardest part of the residency is fitting several experiences in a short 12 months. Other than that, I do not have any complains. I have been exposed to many different areas of the pharmacy such as practice management, education, medication safety, and pharmacy practice. I really enjoy working in a multidisciplinary setting and collaborating to provide the best patient care possible.
Great hospital with a patient's best interest in mind.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 7, 2015
Fun work environment with coworkers who have stayed for 25+ years. Lots of knowledge to be passed down. Lots of personalities coming from the TriState area. Tuition reimbursement is a plus. Only con is not having a phlebotomy team. This makes specimen integrity a real problem.
Pros
Morning coffee break and lunch break, good health insurance packages
Cons
No phlebotomy team on the floors
Overall Good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 13, 2015
Overall Good Place to work. Good culture. Great nurse to patient ratio. Management very involved with staff. This is a hospital that is very involved with research, quality care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2