The Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Good volunteer job
Paid volunteer assignment (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Valley Hospital job. i learned about providing good customer service and making sure that I worked quickly and was helpful to all of the employees.
Use You Up
Vascular Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 6, 2017
The manager and her friend seem to enjoy the pain of those who are not full-time but want more hours. They laugh at the people who are trying to put food on their table while being angry that they cannot jump at the drop of a dime when your 'real' job has to take priority over a per Diem job.
Excellent place to learn and grow
Utilization Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJOctober 15, 2017
The Valley Hospital has a just culture policy which means errors that are made are examined via a root cause analysis. The focus is on learning from the experience and preventing recurrences. Everyone feels important at the hospital. It is a friendly environment. It is expected that you do your best everyday for the patient. We come to Valley to serve the patient. Our goal is to treat everyone with respect and kindness, also. Patient safety is at the basis of every plan. Employees trust that senior leadership will continue to guide us into the future.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 11, 2017
Team orientated. Everyone worked together in a friendly manner. I learned a lot at the job . There was an open door policy to any manager, or leadership member to any help or question . The enjoyable aspect to the job is the friendly team and department . Everyone join together to teach the other how to become the best at your job to ultimately become a aspect to the company.
Pros
Stress free enviornment
Cons
short breaks and healh care
Teamwork, professionalism
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 29, 2017
The Valley Hospital is a community hospital in a beautiful small town in NJ - smaller hospital, so smaller ER. Great teamwork and work grid set-up, fast track in MD and PA or NP, Pediatrics is separate - 1 NP in regular adult ED per shift. Small very cohesive team - many have been there for years.
Pros
teamwork
Very good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJSeptember 9, 2017
Professional environment where it is patient focused. Excellence of care if the standard with support by administration. 8 hr work day is tolerable and improves quality of life
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Non union
Great Hospital
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at work can vary from day to day, so must be willing to roll with the changes.

Management has many hats, so I offer to help when the needs arise.

It is a very rewarding job, however, your emotions can get overwhelmed due to the nature of our work.

I enjoy the friendships I have with co-workers and patients.
Pros
Co-workers, Commute
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Salary
fun, educational and challenging place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 14, 2017
One minute it may be slow before things get hectic but the good thing is the team work that is usually displayed so that no one person is overwhelmed. The valley health system encourages furthering ones education and assists most in their journey. It's an ideal environment to be in.
Externship only
Student (Former Employee) –  Echo LabJuly 24, 2017
Great place to learn, staff is very knowledgeable and very friendly. They are willing to teach and help anyone who is ready to take on the responsibility.
Best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 19, 2017
One of the best organizations that I've worked for. The culture & people are amazing and genuinely care for each other. Many opportunities for growth.
Productive workplace with quality staff
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 12, 2017
A typical work day I would arrive on shift at 11 pm, get report from the evening PCA. I work with talented people who are very knowledgable about their jobs. They helped me learn throughout nursing school and provided me with the support and accommodations that I needed to complete school.
Good work environment
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 10, 2017
The valley hospital is a nice place to work. Almost everyone you work with is friendly and willing to help you succeed. Staff cares about patients and is held to high standards.
benefits
Cons
part-time
Motivated, Excell in face paced envirment
MA/BA (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 9, 2017
My typical day started out by reviewing the appointments. A big part of my job was having medications authorized by the insurance company. I would need to make sure I had enough time and prioritize my work flow. Our office would see over 100 patients daily. the workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of my job was being helpless to fix any problem for the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing patients happy and healthy.
Pros
bonus's
Cons
1% raise yearly
Beautiful Hospital; Management so so
Staff RN - Mother Baby/Women's Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 29, 2017
Has potential to be great place to thrive and advance. Do believe that they are always trying to be better. Difficulty with shift, holidays, and cancellations that come out of employee's pto bank.
Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 19, 2017
A good place for me to begin my working career by interning at this hospital i learned what the work force was like and what was required on a daily basis.
Volunteer
Hospital Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 14, 2017
The advisors were extremely friendly, helpful, and organized. They had me shadowing the sweetest nurses and everyone was always willing to teach a lesson.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No pay
Emergency room is where it's at
ER Tech (PCA II) (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 7, 2017
The Emergency room is a great place to work because it challenges you mentally and physically each day. No day is ever the same and you meet some interesting people along the way. Working in healthcare really puts in perspective how good you have it if you take care of yourself and at times that can be challenging. Make time for yourself each day because it can go a long way. Teamwork is huge and it's a pleasure working beside such a great team.
Pros
Co-workers, professional advancement
Cons
Short to no breaks
A start in medical field
Nutrition Associate (Valley Dining) (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 7, 2017
Although long hours is expected within a hospital setting, Valley Hospital provides comfort, care, concern, and paths towards advancement in a career.
Environmental Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 18, 2017
Cleaned your assigned area from trash to cleaning the floors. Management kept a close eye to ensure the best was being given at all times. Overall great place to be.
Pros
Healthcare
Great Experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 3, 2017
It was very good experience at Valley but the pay was very subpar. I came with experience and was treated as a brand new nurse. Loved the hospital but hated the pay