The Valley Hospital

The Valley Hospital Employer Reviews

high profeccionalism and serves, most peple good tem players
Nursing Unit volunteer (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJSeptember 5, 2014
working day is enjoyable,respect for hard work, management is excellent
BLS Instructor
BLS AND FIRST AIDE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 2, 2014
Teaching hospital employees and others, Basic Life Support and First Aid.
The Valley Hospital is a very patient oriented environment to work in.
Office Supervisor/Coordinator (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJMay 30, 2014
Pros: the valley culture is a very good mentoring enviroment.
Cons: i can not think of any at this time.
The Valley Hospital has a wonderful patient and family based culture that allows patients to heal.
As an employee they are also very good at providing education and support to their staff so that they can carry out their daily tasks.
Great company to work for
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJMay 8, 2014
Love Valley Health System
Co-workers are great and wonderful patients
Getting the job done with fun people
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches at times
The day is full of tasks that require much attention. It can range anywhere from delivering medication carts to respective nursing units, restocking Pyxis medstations, refilling patient medications, etc. Working at this hospital has taught me a lot about teamwork and to be responsible for your department. You need to have a positive and a "can-do" attitude – more... when coming in to work. If that's the case, working with your fellow co-workers can make your day that much better. The hardest part of the job for me is waking up early but you get used to it after a while. What makes the job enjoyable are the people who you are able to talk and share jokes with. – less
Great Benefits and Incentives
Business Associate (Radiation Oncology) (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Over worked, underpaid, misunderstood by mangement. Valley offers its employees amazing benefits and incentives but unfortnately management does not tend to the needs and or changes requested by employees "lay people"
Overall, an innovative place to learn and grow as a practitioner
Resident Pharmacist (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJanuary 21, 2014
The Valley Hospital Pharmacy Residency program has taught me how to work closely with all members of the healthcare team. It has taught me how to learn and adapt to a variety of environments and settings. Everyone has a different teaching style, and I have been able to learn how to use my skills to learn to my full capacity. I really enjoy working with – more... the rest of the pharmacy team, and I especially enjoy working with the team. The hardest part of the residency is fitting several experiences in a short 12 months. Other than that, I do not have any complains. I have been exposed to many different areas of the pharmacy such as practice management, education, medication safety, and pharmacy practice. I really enjoy working in a multidisciplinary setting and collaborating to provide the best patient care possible. – less
hospital
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJJanuary 15, 2014
great hospital , great job and coworkers. i worked nights so some days were better than other but overall a great experience
For the most part OK place to work
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJuly 14, 2013
It encompasses me working directly with physicians and clinical personnel. I have learned quite a bit about Meditech the EMR system that this organization uses. IT management is very different from other IT management that I've experienced, Co workers are generally nice to work with. Pleasant atmosphere.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJune 26, 2013
Pros: fun enviornment
Cons: pto and sick time are combined
I enjoy this job everyone is friendly you enjoy to be around everyone everyday. Benefits are great.
Great Place to Work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Ridgewood NJFebruary 6, 2013
A great place to work. Management and co-workers work cohesively as a team and strive to get better.
Quality care in hospital commited to excellence
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: level of care, reputation, good work environment
Cons: management makes decisions without staff input at times
Valley Hospital is a great place to work. This community hospital has received numerous awards: Magnet, JD Powers, Health Grades, etc. Staff genuinely cares about patients. At times management can be closed to new ideas and makes decisions without consulting staff, but overall an excellent place to work. I am only leaving because I cannot find full-time – more... day position in area I enjoy. Will be sad to go and hope to return in future. – less
Nice place to work
PCA @ (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJDecember 23, 2012
Nice place to work. Good benefits and employee incentives.
Pleasant work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJDecember 5, 2012
Great coworkers. Demanding job but supportive staff. All in all a great place to work but I did have an issue with the unit manager. I felt I was treated unfairly after an incident occurred. Unfortunately, he was influenced by the wrong people.
Nice clean safe hospital
FLOAT, Patient Associate Care (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJNovember 30, 2012
I learn many good things here. Nice staff ,most of the time.Good pay,close to my house.
Friendly environment
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJNovember 29, 2012
Everyday working at the Valley Hospital is a new learning experience. I work with amazing and hard-working people. Teamwork is rated 5 stars in my opinion.
Can be extremely stressfull, and not always supported by management
RN (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJuly 31, 2012
Pros: pay is good
Cons: no breaks, no support, no fun
Typical day at work in the Emergency Department, is always busy always short staffed. Management was never supportive, then they cleaned house and now we have an interim manager.
Co-workers are so busy trying to keep up with their workload (up to 7 patients at a time).
Hardest part of the job is going there for 12 hours and not being sure if you will – more... ever get a break, let alone go to the bathroom. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to go home. – less
Professional, friendly place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJJuly 20, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: salary capping
Family oriented type of place to work-Has tuition reinbursement and flexible scheduling. Very clean enviroment
Best Place to work in NJ
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJJune 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, top rated hospital
I had a wonderful experience working for the Valley Hospital. The values and ethics of the hospital are excellent. They hire the most experienced and respectable staff. Overall they are an amazing place to work and you cant beat the benefits.
A close knit group of workers on the front-lines
CALL CENTER AGENT-HOSPITAL ANSWERING SERVICE (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJMay 31, 2012
Pros: excellent health benefits
Cons: extremely high call volumes, no time to breath between calls
A typical day at work I answered upwards of 100 calls and transferred them to their requested extension or department. I learned to utilize the automated "Answer with a Smile", the computer system and the phone system working closely with co-workers to deliver a seamless answering service.
The hardest part of the job was during emergency situations – more... dispatching overhead "Code Calls" and thier documentation that took precidence over any other call which usually occurred during the crush hours when the Physician's Answering Service were taking closing contact instructions.
Management always helped to make the job fun while keeping everyone on task. The most enjoyable part of this job was the comaraderie through it all. – less