The Village School Employee Reviews

It was the best of times
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Workjing at the village school, gave me a lot of opportunity to be around an array of children from different backgrounds, from all over the world. Which
Fun, Travel, make friends
Dorm Parent Residental (Former Employee) –  Houston txJune 8, 2016
I loved waking up and exciting to go to work for the first three years I also got to learn clerical work and good customer service skill. The fourth year it changed very unorganized lack of communication for Admin also admin not doing there job but having other do it for them. For 2 years we had director quit in the boarding program. We never really had a good leader to put structure in the program. The pay is good but is it worth it when it comes to hours and you not feeling like you can have a life afterwards. This is a professional job but a lot of admin do not act professional and a lot of talking behind peoples back. Also had lots of problem with HR and payroll with paying people at the right time or refusing to pay.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
not a great environment to work at
Smoke screen to get money
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2015
The school is basically a business with no intentions to look out for its employees. Every year there is a turnover of staff to the numbers of 30 plus teachers. The average pay for the teachers that actually do the work is in no comparison to the competitive market. Many people are given promotions based upon the group that they have lunch with. Students are allowed to get away with continuous behavior issues in order to keep the money rolling. Leadership team truly has no direction but to do what is in their personal interest. As a staff member if you don't fit in they will find a way to get you out the door. This is a school where individuals at the top keep law breaking secrets from others to keep cashing in. (Students having relationships with students that are inappropriate for example) Not worth the money for what the parents pay for.
Pros
Kids with great behavior
Cons
Compensation
Diverse and hands on learning community!
After Care Provider / Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waldwick, NJSeptember 9, 2015
The Village School located in Waldwick, New Jersey is a Montessori school which provides an individualized system for educating children in a uniquely tailored way to each child's learning needs. It taught me about how to look at situations from a different perspective and generally opened my mind on how differently people think. The co-workers there are extremely dedicated to the job and have a genuine passion for what they do. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching how the children learn, grow, and develop into intellectual individuals.
Pros
Unique and upbeat environment with supportive people everywhere
Simply the best job ever!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richardson TexasJuly 22, 2015
I love, love love!! working at The Village School and all the learning and growth that I've received here.
Its a fun workplace
Fast paced. I work with my amazing coworkers and my boss is always providing everything we need to make our jobs easier and more productive
Pros
working with great kids and parents! And my amazing boss.
Cons
Not enough pay
Setting Goals in Soccer!
Junior Varsity Coach (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
I had an incredible opportunity to work with Junior high school girl athletes in soccer. These student- athletes were from various countries, socio-economic backgrounds and cultures. What brought us together was the love of soccer. Many of the students had never played before and were fairly new to the sport but all had a love for it and an eagerness to learn more of this popular sport in their country they grew up in. This athletic program was a large program and very dedicated to competition, balancing academics and sports and instilling healthy lives for students of all sports. It was such a rewarding experience to work with so many different cultures and create life long relationships with people from all over the world that shared a love for soccer. The most challenging situation was catering to the needs of all players since their knowledge and skill levels were on a broad spectrum of learning the sport of soccer. My primary goal was to create a love of the sport in each player, to set individual goals for each player and to recognize their improvements while building confidence in each young woman with words of affirmation and by identifying their strengths. This school knew exactly how to tap into the hearts of their students and players with their teachers and the activities they provided for all of their student athletes!
Very exciting work place with lots of helpful information being learned
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roslindale, MAOctober 13, 2014
I love working as a teacher. I was able to learn about the children and their families. I was know as a big kid but expected a lot from all my children that was in my classroom.
Productivity and a fun place to work along a great group of people.Always active due to the many activities at the facility.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 28, 2014
My day starts at 6:00 am. I review all operating systems to be on line. I review all work orders and priority emails. Meet with staff and review any outstanding work orders. I walk the facility and make sure that the staff has completed the morning assignments.I make sure that I communicate with management and that the staff is performing their duties. I make sure that everyone is comfortable with the conditions of the facilities and that no incidents are attended immediately. After review that their are no incidents and all request are met, there is a good sense of satisfaction.
Pros
completion of work, satisfaction of facility and an honest day of work.
Cons
unable to fix or solve a problem within the day.
Awesome place to work
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Royalston, MANovember 24, 2013
The Village School is a great place to work that fit my job situation perfectly. All of my co-workers are helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Fantastic work environment
Private School teaching environment
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Naples, flAugust 13, 2013
I am not at will to say anything negative about the school and don't have anything positive to say.
Supportive workplace with a positive atmosphere
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waldwick, NJSeptember 23, 2012
The Village School, is a Montessori school, and I enjoy using different materials to teach children, acknowledging that each child has different strengths and learning styles. I am fortunate to work in a very supportive environment, and have a co-teacher in my classroom. I enjoy with a multi-aged group of children, although it does present a challenge to meet so many varying needs.We make every effort to meet the social and emotional needs of our students, as well as the academic. It is satisfying to teach children who enjoy coming to school and enjoy learning!
Pros
support from co-teacher
Cons
lower salary than public school counterparts