The Village School Employee Reviews

Setting Goals in Soccer!
Junior Varsity Coach (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
I had an incredible opportunity to work with Junior high school girl athletes in soccer. These student- athletes were from various countries, socio-economic backgrounds and cultures. What brought us together was the love of soccer. Many of the students had never played before and were fairly new to the sport but all had a love for it and an eagerness to learn more of this popular sport in their country they grew up in. This athletic program was a large program and very dedicated to competition, balancing academics and sports and instilling healthy lives for students of all sports. It was such a rewarding experience to work with so many different cultures and create life long relationships with people from all over the world that shared a love for soccer. The most challenging situation was catering to the needs of all players since their knowledge and skill levels were on a broad spectrum of learning the sport of soccer. My primary goal was to create a love of the sport in each player, to set individual goals for each player and to recognize their improvements while building confidence in each young woman with words of affirmation and by identifying their strengths. This school knew exactly how to tap into the hearts of their students and players with their teachers and the activities they provided for all of their student athletes!
Very exciting work place with lots of helpful information being learned
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Roslindale, MAOctober 13, 2014
I love working as a teacher. I was able to learn about the children and their families. I was know as a big kid but expected a lot from all my children that was in my classroom.
Productivity and a fun place to work along a great group of people.Always active due to the many activities at the facility.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 28, 2014
Pros: completion of work, satisfaction of facility and an honest day of work.
Cons: unable to fix or solve a problem within the day.
My day starts at 6:00 am. I review all operating systems to be on line. I review all work orders and priority emails. Meet with staff and review any outstanding work orders. I walk the facility and make sure that the staff has completed the morning assignments.I make sure that I communicate with management and that the staff is performing their duties. I make sure that everyone is comfortable with the conditions of the facilities and that no incidents are attended immediately. After review that their are no incidents and all request are met, there is a good sense of satisfaction.
Awesome place to work
Math Teacher (Current Employee), Royalston, MANovember 24, 2013
Pros: fantastic work environment
The Village School is a great place to work that fit my job situation perfectly. All of my co-workers are helpful and encouraging.
Private School teaching environment
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Naples, flAugust 13, 2013
I am not at will to say anything negative about the school and don't have anything positive to say.
Supportive workplace with a positive atmosphere
Teacher (Current Employee), Waldwick, NJSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: support from co-teacher
Cons: lower salary than public school counterparts
The Village School, is a Montessori school, and I enjoy using different materials to teach children, acknowledging that each child has different strengths and learning styles. I am fortunate to work in a very supportive environment, and have a co-teacher in my classroom. I enjoy with a multi-aged group of children, although it does present a challenge to meet so many varying needs.We make every effort to meet the social and emotional needs of our students, as well as the academic. It is satisfying to teach children who enjoy coming to school and enjoy learning!