THE VILLAGE

THE VILLAGE Employer Reviews

nice people, and easy going place
Customer Service/Server (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no flexibility
nice, chill atmosphere, fast paced but everybody is friendly.
Good place to work.
Vitality Program Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville FloridaJune 6, 2014
Meetings in the morning, type up minuts from the meeting. Read my email and begin working from there. Calling for assessments, reminder calls. Work on charts and graphs. Do invoices, answer phone calls. etc. Clerical work.

I have learnt more about computers and programs. What computers can help me do for my job, to improve my work.

I work with wonderful – more... nurses. I have learnt alot about medical procedures even though we do not preform any in the clinic. – less
fun job
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), cook springs alJune 3, 2014
Pros: people enviornment
• Providing all aspects of daily living to patients
• Providing patient care and companionship
• Performing daily vital signs
• Providing personal hygiene to patients
A great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 22, 2014
The Village is a great place to work. The atmosphere is great. My co-workers are always friendly and respectful. Teamwork is no problem. Management is awesome and so are the residents. What I like most about my job here is that my schedule is very flexible. This allows me to work and go to school at the same time to further my career path at The Village. – more... The only thing I don't like about this job is the pay is not good, no benefits(because I work PRN), no shift differential. Overall, this is a great place to work. – less
medication assistant
CNA/Medication Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, plenty of hours, great benefits, very organized
great company if it wasnt for my move to georgia i would have stayed here.
Enjoyable work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 29, 2014
Pros: vacations, time off when needed, very family orientated and understanding company.
Cons: benefits
I was employed with the Village at Gleannloch Farms for 4 years. In that 4 years time I learned so many new things that I was able to take with me after my journey ended. The HARDEST/MOST ENJOYABLE part about my job with VGF was getting so attached to the residents and staff. It was truly like "living/working" with a second family. Everyone was always – more... happy and upbeat about being at work. My managers were always there when I needed help or had any questions or concerns. – less
management needs improvement
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), pell city, alMarch 5, 2014
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. they do not care enough for staff or residents. Feels like a high school environment, never enough staff for the daily work load. need to wipe out management and start over. Might look nice but needs other issues addressed. Hard to get patients basic needs met with lack of staff.
Great opportunity so long you don't mind being treated poorly
Line Cook (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no one wanted to do the actual physical work
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Was introduced to this company as somewhere I would like to retire. The human resource office is well prepared and set-up new employees every well, but then you work for the dining service department. Management doesn't train or help form a successful relationship with employees. They do great job of labeling – more... and judging you which demotivates your willingness to want to continue work. High turnover. While I worked at the village at least three full time employee left the back of house within four months. Not including several front of house workers left because of negative treatment. Again during orientation the human resource group talked about it being so great to work here and that there's not much turnover. That was totally false, but wouldn't have found out without working there. – less
Amazing & caring staff
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTJanuary 24, 2014
I worked here for a short time but in that time I absolutely loved it.
I have enjoyed working here
Receptionist (Current Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: the residents and staff
Greeting visitors. Answering a multi-line phone system In putting data into the computer. Making copiehes. Printing forms.
Resort-Style, Senior Living Community
Former employee (Former Employee), NorthridgeJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: supportive manager
Cons: residents have unrealistic expectations from a community that offers exceptional amenities & care
High-End Senior Community with High-End Senior Residents.
alzheimer's mind games
CNA (Former Employee), Cook Springs, ALNovember 10, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: just worked weekends
I enjoyed working with patients with Alzheimer's and their families. You can learn so much from their stories they tell. I worked in assisted living as well and Loved helping residents with their daily task.
bumpy ride for a first RN job
Marymount, Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Garfield Heights, OhioOctober 11, 2013
Often while working here I was the only RN on the floor. Large RN to patient ratios compounded with having to do simple tasks for LPNs. I rarely left on time, and compensation was abysmal. I often felt like I was working in an unsafe professional environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sion Hill, ChristianstedOctober 10, 2013
Pros: upward mobility
Cons: holidays
My experience working at The Villiage was an extraordinary experience. I loved all of my superiors and my coworkers. I learned so much from working there.
I worked building maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2013
I was responsible for maintaining apartments in a large apartment complex. I learned to repair small appliances and assisted the head of maintenance with building maintenance. I left the job to return to Clearwater area.
residents make it worth working here
Caregiver (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 14, 2013
Pros: great place to work if yoy love working with the eldrly
Cons: you pay 2.50 for the lunch and they do not have any security
love the residents they make the day go by fast and you get to learn their stories from their past experiences .
great place
servers (Former Employee), spring texasJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: pay is low
this place is a wonderful place to work. everyone is friendly and nice. mangement is ver understanding and caring and willing to help. redients are very nice, caring and loving people.
Wouldn't work with school schedule
CNA (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 23, 2013
It was a great place to work other than not working with my schedule as I needed.
Fun exciting great people
Wait staff (Former Employee), East Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2013
Hard work, but worth it with all the praise you receive day in and day out. everyone is friends all staff and management, communication was a great key aswell!
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: go to extra miles.
Cons: benifits.
Assisted elderly residents with bathing,dressing,feeding,ensured a sanitary and coordinated the safe transportationof residents to appointment and activities.