The Village Employee Reviews

Time we spent together
Patient Registrar / Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 5, 2017
We would play games with the residents, do their nails go out to outings. The most enjoyable part about my job was the time i was spending with my residents, The hardest part was seeing them die. What learned was loving my residents a different way.
Cons
the drama
Poor management!
Certified insulin medication aide I (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MONovember 5, 2017
This place will let anyone work here, even with a record. The owners are tyrants and act inappropriately towards female staff. I feel sorry for the residents here, they do not get the care they need due to poorly trained CMA's. Too much work to do for one aid. Little to no training. The building itself should be bulldozed. The roof leaks, the floors smell like urine and are never cleaned. Cracks in the walls where critters come in and bite the residents. The owners drive new cars and trucks, but do not fix their building full of residents.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Owners/mangament, drama, non existant training, building itself, full of bugs.
Games and activities. Opportunity to work.
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Christiansted, VIOctober 13, 2017
A good place to work. Very dedicated staff. The pay was rather low for direct patient care but as much as the facility could afford. We had a very good reputation in the community and our success rate was fairly high.
Pros
Good benefits, good work ethics of staff and management
Cons
Low salary
meow (Former Employee) –  meowOctober 12, 2017
it was pretty cool, i liked the people and the pay, racoons were an issue but besides that i could not recoomend a greater company to anybody looking for a jo b
Pros
meow
Cons
meow
challenging place to work with many rewards
CDC/ Sous chef (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2017
Had free range over the culinary program with a few other east to get along with chefs. catering is always hectic but the crew i worked with always made sure to have a good time
love the job
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 28, 2017
the job was a fantastic job but when my knee kept giving out and i was falling i had to get surgery and ended up having to get two separate surgeries and they couldn't give me my position back it was filled
Pros
had health insurance
Cons
lost my job due to the Surgeries
fast paced workplace
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 20, 2017
I worked 5 days a week its a really fast paced workplace,because its the same people every single day at the same exact time coming to eat.The Village showed me a lot of things it was my first job I learned how to work under pressure I learned to work as a team and how to use my customer service skills and communicate with everyone co workers,managers,and even the residents. The only hard thing about this job was that there was some residents you had to be a little more patient with but thats about it. I enjoyed working for The Village it was a great place to work and for those looking for there first job that would be a great place to start. the managers are awesome they are really straight forward but the only bad thing about the managers there they have a lot of favoritism.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low paying job
good place to start
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2017
Good people, good job counselors, It is a good place to learn a new skill. Good job training. Good managers, good working conditions. I liked it there
Nice workplace co-workers are so nice.
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  4707 Broadway St SA. TX 78209September 8, 2017
Too many positions to take over because not to many employees. Management would rather you so their job instead of them doing it. Managers do not want their own responsibilities so they assign new tasks for you to do then, they have you sign that it is okay with you, but you don't have a choice.
Pros
Very nice co-workers
Cons
Higher ups want you to do their job.
It was a relaxed and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 3, 2017
I loved working here, i got to work with the elderly and help take care of them, and learn to be patient. The management was good, although some of the managers only worked their for the money and not to care for the residents.
Favoritism and office politics at their finest....
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 2, 2017
There are too many negatives too list here in this space provided. My biggest complaint about this agency though has to do with ethics. There is a lot of really sneaky, dishonest (and yes, even illegal) activity occurring here on a daily basis. Management and H.R. are oblivious to all of it, in my opinion and choose to just look the other way. Hiring isn't fair either. Unless you stroke Narcissistic managers' egos or engage in their stupid, silly games of office politics, you really won't have very much opportunity to advance. For the positives however, I was able to form some great relationships with my team members, and I also learned a lot from several of the families and clients who I worked directly with.
Pros
Some of the benefits were competively priced compared to other similar agencies in this field.
Cons
Management and H.R. were extremely dishonest and corrupt.
Enriching
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 31, 2017
Working with the residents is very rewarding. For me there is no room for advancement. I'm doing the work of a director already, but not getting compensated for my efforts.
Pros
The residents at the retirement, assisted living facility
Cons
Work hours interfering with personal life, the pay
Laid back atmosphere, somewhat flexible hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, PAAugust 12, 2017
I would say the place is clean, and organized to a point. People know each other, and they are helpful towards each other. The place will help you get further in your career somewhat.
Pros
You can order food from the bistro and kitchen
Cons
short breaks, healthcare is not the best
Worked night shift
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 22, 2017
Not much to say. Patients all sleeping on the night shift. Little to no problems or major issues at night. Was very quiet. There was a lot of downtime in between duties.
Pros
Very quiet, less stressful than on days or evenings.
Cons
Lot of sit down time.
management could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
I was working there and doing great job. people loved my attitude and my fire to keep people encouraged. until I was going to school and they wanted me to chose between school or work and I chose school. my only complaint is that only management could had rotate my schedule according my schooling, I could had still been working there.
competitive companay that is getting more like big business
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 7, 2017
great if you enjoy being overworked and underpaid. the managerial support is minimal or to who they favor. Advancement is about who you know not really who is qualified for the position. Management can be unprofessional by being bias as to who they choose to give raises while ignoring other, more professional workers who deserve it.
nice place
Germantown - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 24, 2017
The people are very nice. I never had any problems. I enjoyed my job each and everyday. They pretty much work with my schedule if I needed them to.I loved it.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
short breaks
Great place to learn multiple skills.
Fine Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, flApril 22, 2017
I got to work with a lot of people in my community, and was able to move around and try new opportunities. The most enjoyable part about volunteering their was knowing that I would see friendly faces and learn more skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Blessed hope closing.
was a great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukee, IAApril 12, 2017
When I worked there, it was a phenomenal place to work. Resident care was put first. I went back recently and that doesn't not seem to be the case most of the time. there is clearly a hierarchy in place in the nursing department, but there are a few good eggs out there. i hope it gets better.
the people are somewhat lovely but management is the worst
Receptionist/Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 4, 2017
the people are nice and just the overall purpose of the company is great but the management is the worst. they dont care about you and there is no room for growth. when you actually do get a raise it would be about 10 cents