The Village Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
All employees were incredibly helpful and enjoyed working as a team. My work schedule was built around my school schedule, so I never had a conflict with school.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment.
Cons
Only applicable to student receiving work study.
productive, nice people
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I like meeting different cultures. I liked planning events for the tenants. I loved socializing with tenants. I loved resolving tenants complaints and issues
Pros
like meeting new people
Cons
did nt like management, no people skills
Demanding Culture
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Volo, ILDecember 19, 2016
Demanding workplace culture. Senior staff expects high level of productivity with little time spent training junior staff. Rigid work schedule with little room for advancement within the organization.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Work life balance not ideal
Friendly and Hardworking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2016
I've learned a lot with my experience at The Village, to work hard and good things will come your way. As well as becoming great friends with my boss.
Pros
Long Breaks
Retail store dealing with snow sports, setting up ski's and snowboards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAMay 24, 2016
Get to work at around 6:30 to open the store count cash, make sure inventory was all out and in order. Open the store work with customers setting up rental ski equipment. Selling ski and skate board equipment as well as snow clothing.

I learned a lot about ski and snowboard equipment. How to work with ski equipment setting up ski's safely. Customer experience.

Management was great gave me great training.

Great co-workers fun environment and worked well together,

Hardest part of the job was the early hours and very intense customer volume at times.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and learning about the equipment.
Pros
Free ski passes, Free use of equipment and discounts on clothes, shoes and snow equipment.
Cons
Early hours, long hours and intense customer rushes.
interesting work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 17, 2016
this is a place I loved working at the co worker were fun the residents were even better, its a good environment full of joy and laughter!
Great and inspiring workplace
Internship, Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2016
Overall the work at the village is inspiring, working with kids to help them grow up strong and responsible in the community. These are kids that don't have it easy and do not have many opportunities that the average person has.
Cons
Not enough support for lower level employees
challenging but I loved it
Scholar Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cary, MSMarch 9, 2016
Any day i got to come in and interact with my students was the most enjoyable part of my job. Helping out any way i can was what i loved about my job. I learned how to be more responsible and alert when dealing with people period, also good communication skills.
Currupt company, horrible managment
Care Giver & Event Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 6, 2015
I worked in the child care are of the gym. It was dirty, the child to adult ratio was never followed, the staff was rude. I love working with kids and if you care about your children never trust these people to take care of them. Also because this is not a licensed child care facility they do not require any kind of background check, drug test, or any other certifications to work there, it's a bunch of kids that have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
None!
Cons
stressful, low pay, bad company
Great place to work (nonprofit)
Child development consultant in prevention (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIOctober 26, 2015
Meeting families in their own element was great. Parents were very open to understanding how to help their children learn. I enjoyed interacting with the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was traveling, it was brutal. Most enjoyable part was seeing the children progress and the parents pleased
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Department closed
nice place to work
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 14, 2015
Nice place to work with good co-workers and management is nice to work around always having fun while working. There a A+ apartment with techs with alot of skills.
I enjoy teaching therapeutic/coping skills to adolescent females.
Residential Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAOctober 12, 2015
I currently work the afternoon shift, 3pm to 11pm. The job is very challenging but very rewarding. I enjoy the people that I work with. The hardest part of the job is handling multiple crisis situations at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the girls apply the therapeutic/coping skills and recognizing their progress.
workplace
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2015
This use to be a great place to work .. I left my full time job at CCARC for this company.. until the management change. then everyone started quitting. The hire ups treat you like a dog make you feel worthless. I hope things will one day change for the better.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 23, 2015
Fun and energetic workplace. Fun staff always working to make residents stay enjoyable. Show model apartments to gain new residents. Help monitor grounds and maintain the clean look of the area.
Pros
Free rent
Cons
Turning apartments for new residents
Caring and supportive agency. The Village demonstrates interest in its staff.
IHPS Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2015
I was a pleasure working at The Village. Everyone is friendly and supportive of one another. Good work environment and a caring management team.
Pros
Company has a CEO, who works well with all staff.
Cons
salaries are low
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  gainesville flJuly 26, 2015
its a great place to with supportive management.
and a outstanding stuff and I have a lot of fun with co workers
I cant say that I have hard days because I don't . and the most part of the day I enjoy beening around the elder people that stay here because they keep you with a smile on your face.
Pros
lunch is good
Cons
my breaks are great and alot of fun
Great job for individual working through college
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIJuly 23, 2015
The job was a great way to learn about customer service.
Worked as the only barista on shift in a small town community, where you get to know customers on a personal level.
Management was easy to talk to and get along with.
The company however failed and closed unfortunately.
Pros
great co-workers and customers
Cons
worked alone most shifts with slow business
Great work environment
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 18, 2015
Greeted residents and guest who entered the lobby. Answered the phone and answered any questions that people may have. The management was fantastic and helpful, also understanding since they knew I was in school. I didn't have any problems with any coworkers. Seeing the happiness on most of the residents faces when I got a chance to talk to them.
Good experience and a fun environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 2, 2015
A typical day differed day by day. However there were many programs to keep the residents busy like exercise, arts, cooking and other social activities in which I helped out with. I also regularly conducted interviews with residents asking about there life then later translated the recording to text. Also I did various office work throughout the internship.
Pros
Constant interaction with others
Leasing Consultant
Leasing Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 29, 2015
The people I worked with on the day-to-day basis was great. Corporate management was terrible. Communication between corporate and site level needs tons of work. On average, day-to-day tasks and job requirements are fun and easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Village. Our community is ready to answer.