The Vines Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and Fullfilling workplace
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 21, 2016
The Vines Hospital is an incredible place to work. Not only is the staff extremely knowledgeable and skilled in helping our patients, the staff is more like family. The environment is one of hope and motivation. If you or a loved one is in need of help or looking for a career, The Vines Hospital is the place to go.
No concern for patients or employees safety, their bottom line is the dollar
RN Adult (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FloridaJanuary 2, 2016
Management does not abide by ACHA guidelines, has no concern for safety or patients, or their employees, cuts employees hours when census is now to unacceptable levels, making the RN to pt. ratio unsafe and ill-advised, only care about the bottom line. Are so cheap they have removed Styrofoam cups from availability to employees because they thought that employees were using them when they are for patient's use (so then no one had any access until an RN pointed out it was unsafe for pts , many who were fall risks, to drink out of a water fountain without risk). then the cups were replaced. most halfway competent employees do not stay. they are truly a pathetic example of acute care facility.
Under-staffed and unsafe place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 14, 2015
Very stressful place to work. The acuity level plus the staff to pt ratios where NOT followed. One person was left alone with 12+ adult psych patients. It is a very unhealthy and unsafe place to work. More staff is needed to maintain safety and quality of care for the patients, I would not recommend this as a place to work.
Pros
Cons
Unsafe, over worked
good part time job
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 22, 2015
The hardest part of my job was when I was with the kids, Typical stuff, you fall in love with them, cry with them etc. I love my co-workers, i enjoyed my weekend shift and the pay isn't bad but mostly I learned and fell in love with Psych so after RN school I know pretty much which field I'm going into.
Pros
Be able to work full time hours on a weekend
Cons
32 hours is too much for a student LOL
Poorly staffed not enough hours to complete required duties
Utilization reviewer and mental health counselor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 6, 2015
The UHS needs to provide adequate funding to management for what is needed to complete the job affectively and reduce employee dissatisfaction along with improving client satisfaction.
Pros
employment
Cons
Not enough time to accomplish work related duties
Loved Helping Others
Mental Health Tech/ Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala,FLJune 18, 2015
This was a very fast-paced job. It did become quite stressful and difficult at times as this is both a mental health facility and detox center.
A very dangerous place to work
.. (Former Employee) –  techMarch 5, 2015
Too many preventable deaths, injuries, lies./
Stay away if you value your license.
Another unreported death recently -
Criminal......
Pros
Cons
all
Good for temporary/experience, not much else.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 15, 2014
Stressful, in all aspects. Emotionally straining job, poor team work, poor management, extremely high turnover rate, more reprimands than praises, too much drama between employees, no job security, hardly ever get 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes just don't cut it, get points against you if you're one minute late, have to call out sick, etc, no advancement...I could go on and on. In process of looking for new job.
Pros
Benefits, one weekday off
Cons
Short or no breaks, poor management, stressful, no team work, pay
Personally rewarding
Mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 24, 2014
Loved watching the patients progress from the day of admission to the day of discharge!! Loved the techs and nurses, management left a bit to be desired.
Pros
Friendly coworkers for the most part, everyday is a new adventure, patients appreciate you, clean environment, overtime available
Cons
Cost of family benefits, drama, walk around on eggshells, no staff appreciation from management
Interesting
Q15 Mental Health Receptionist, Multi Phone (Current Employee) –  Ocala FloridaFebruary 2, 2014
I love working at the vines its never the same everyday when I go to work I learn something
Pros
Experience
Cons
Fun place to work hard and see service excellence at work.
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Very good place to work. Staff have family like culture. Managers are exellent in collaboration and team work.
Pros
Excellent salary, good benefits from parent company
Cons
Work is your life.
Provided therapy to adolescents
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 5, 2013
My most rewarding aspect of this job is when the client displayed signs of progression.
Pros
Client population
Cons
Leadership / Management
the team was great to work with.
Psychiatric charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 5, 2012
patients were in much need of help, and appreciated staff. Co-workers were great to work with and helped where needed.
Proficient workplace
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Ocala FloridaJune 6, 2012
Typical day at work includes providing care on adult and adolescent mental health patients. The hardest part of the job is feeling like you cant help everybody but always trying to. The most enjoyable part would be just knowing that I made a small difference in a patients life.
Pros
co-workers, safe environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vines Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

The Vines Hospital Reviews by Location