The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Lead key holder (Former Employee), Avondale, AZApril 16, 2015
Pros: holidays off
Cons: non flexible
The Vitamin Shoppe was a very fun place to work. It was a fast passed environment that helped me grow into a harder worker. A typical day at work included; customer service, completing multiple product rotations and maintaining a clean work place. All of my co workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would have had to been completing shipments of high volume. On high volume shipment days only having two associates on the clock made it difficult. One part of the job that I personally enjoyed was helping the customers pick out supplements that would help achieve personal goals.
Productive and Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Loved the staff and daily customer interaction
Cons: Work hours and being away from my daughter all the time
Open and or close the store daily, overseeing the staff and making sure we were taking care of all customer needs and giving the best branded experience possible. Cash handling and daily bank runs. I loved being able to share my knowledge and passion to others about fitness and over all health. The hardest part of my job was working the late hours everyday and being away from my daughter every night.
Great place to learn about health
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Working here will allow you to learn about the human body and how it works with vitamins and nutrition. I would recommend others to work here. Great place!
Slow paced, but interesting place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Northville, MIApril 3, 2015
Not a bad place to work. It isn't as fast paced as I am used to. The advancement is very slow. Overall it is great for someone who is not hungry to move up the ladder, but to stay in a comfortable spot.
Work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Shelby Township, MichiganApril 2, 2015
Pros: small team (10 people), great health care coverage
Cons: Lot of product knowledge to obtain
My typical day at work starts with reviewing tasks that need to be completed before the end of the day and delegating those tasks appropriately. Over the years, working at the Vitamin Shoppe has taught me that no matter what job you possess, there is always something to learn. It has strengthened my leadership skills as well. The hardest part of my job is learning about the products, how they affect the body and what they can do down to a science. It takes a ton of research which is probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I'm happy to be apart of such a tight knit team and hope to experience that at other companies.
Great place to enter the fitness industry
SHIFT MANAGER/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: work family athmosphere
Cons: if i had to decide it would be that the pay could be slightly better as you advance.
Awesome management! Decent pay scale with decent benefits. You have the opportunity to network with many different supplement company reps.
Educating experience and challenging more than just retail.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Random hours
Company does a great job of taking care of employees, hours aren't enough for positions other than ASM and SM. Management does a good job of allowing you to grow.
It's a job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Product education, discount
Cons: wacky scheduling, poor pay, poor benefits
Not really anything special about this workplace. Just another retail job... if you have ever worked retail, you know what I mean.
A productive and educational work environment.
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free health supplement samples
Cons: no set schedule
One of the most important duties as a Health Enthusiast is to educate your customers in the way of a healthier lifestyle. Everyday (working at the busiest store in the manhattan area) whether it be a regular customer or a tourist from another country whose never taken a health supplement before everyone is going to have questions on what would suit them and their specific needs. So it is the responsibility of each and every health enthusiast to provide this information and make sure every customer leaves satisfied. At my store i always felt that my management team and coworkers worked very well together and had good communication. I would say one of the hardest things about working at this location was learning about each individual product being that there were over 3000 supplements. My favorite part of my job would definitely be the customer interaction. Being able to help customers and knowing that i have personally made a difference in their health life makes me feel outstanding!
Easy
Key Holder (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: consistently learning
Cons: policies that are not the least bit logical
Working here is great if you do not want to do much. It gets a little repetitive, and if you have ideas....they do not matter. The policies and procedures really have the manager scared to run his store based off his store's need. Micromanaging to the extreme.

Not difficult work at all.
Fun job, but not a career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 11, 2015
It's a typical retail job. Same procedures every day. Dealing with customers and answering questions all day.
I've learned a ton about health and nutrition.
Management makes everything ridiculously stressful and hectic for no reason.
My co-workers are amazing. Best part of the job.
The job is insanely easy. The hardest part is learning product knowledge because there are THOUSANDS of products.
The most enjoyable part is recommending a product and them coming back with a giant smile on their face.
No growth
Auditor (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: i get a paycheck
Cons: the check is not enough to live off of.
I was told that there was room for growth and advancement. Qualifications do not matter here. Regardless of your job title or your department, this isn't the company for a professional...
Best retail company I have worked for with over 15 years in retail.
Store Manager (Current Employee), missouriFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: compensation, hours, benefits, pay, stress free
Cons: little budget for out of store events
Compared to other retail like clothing or big box retail this place is the easiest retail I have worked. Tasks are simple and not complicated, the company is not as micro managed as all other retail I have worked, you actually get support from the higher up management. Health benefits are expensive but the coverage is better than about 90% of other companies. I have a much better and less stressful work and home life because they actually care about the staffs overall health. The people that complain about how the company is ran and their work/home balance must be act issue with that store and how it is ran.
It was okay
Store Manager (Former Employee), Somehwere in the USFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: incompetent bosses
I had a good time as an assistant manager, but as soon as I took over for store manager the shafted me. Long hours, not worth the stress.
assembly line
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee), Ashland, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: we exercise before we start work
Cons: short breaks, no paid time off and 12 hour shifts everyday
I was told I was suppose to work only 8 to 10 hours but when its almost time to leave they tell us we have to work 12 hours and that has been going on daily.I have no life outside of work because by working 12 hour shifts everyday make you worn out and very tired.
Fun positive place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: work schedule not much room for home work life balance
Fun environment to work with excellend medical benefits. A great way to learn and grow.
Wonderful work environment
Acting Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Medford, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free samples, benefits, helping people with their individual needs, great employees.
Cons: hardly any internal promotions. more work with less payroll hours.
I am only as strong as my team. My team is such a friendly and upbeat group; I couldn't have asked for anything better. The hardest part of the job is that there isn't enough payroll hours to administer to everyone to get everything done.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2015
Working at The Vitamin Shoppe is not a career making decision any person considering being a Store Manager should take that has experience. The pay is so so and the work/life balance sucks really really badly. Think hard before accepting a position at this place.
Overworked & Underpaid
Health Enthusiest (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: no private break room
I have to say I grew to love my boss, co-workers, and most regulars that came in daily but this job is DEMANDING. I was the only employee there willing to lift anything, sweep the floors right, or actual knowledge in most every category so I had way too much to juggle at once.
Picking
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJanuary 21, 2015
You should be a really hard worker to be there. You work under control all the time. People who start working over there don´t last more than one month; I lasted 13 month.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more

The Vitamin Shoppe Salaries