The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe Employer Reviews

Educating experience and challenging more than just retail.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Random hours
Company does a great job of taking care of employees, hours aren't enough for positions other than ASM and SM. Management does a good job of allowing you to grow.
It's a job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Product education, discount
Cons: wacky scheduling, poor pay, poor benefits
Not really anything special about this workplace. Just another retail job... if you have ever worked retail, you know what I mean.
Easy
Key Holder (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: consistently learning
Cons: policies that are not the least bit logical
Working here is great if you do not want to do much. It gets a little repetitive, and if you have ideas....they do not matter. The policies and procedures really have the manager scared to run his store based off his store's need. Micromanaging to the extreme.

Not difficult work at all.
Best retail company I have worked for with over 15 years in retail.
Store Manager (Current Employee), missouriFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: compensation, hours, benefits, pay, stress free
Cons: little budget for out of store events
Compared to other retail like clothing or big box retail this place is the easiest retail I have worked. Tasks are simple and not complicated, the company is not as micro managed as all other retail I have worked, you actually get support from the higher up management. Health benefits are expensive but the coverage is better than about 90% of other companies. I have a much better and less stressful work and home life because they actually care about the staffs overall health. The people that complain about how the company is ran and their work/home balance must be act issue with that store and how it is ran.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2015
Working at The Vitamin Shoppe is not a career making decision any person considering being a Store Manager should take that has experience. The pay is so so and the work/life balance sucks really really badly. Think hard before accepting a position at this place.
Overworked & Underpaid
Health Enthusiest (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: no private break room
I have to say I grew to love my boss, co-workers, and most regulars that came in daily but this job is DEMANDING. I was the only employee there willing to lift anything, sweep the floors right, or actual knowledge in most every category so I had way too much to juggle at once.
Endless amounts of knowledge gained
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: on your feet all day
The callaber of customers that come into the Vitamin Shoppe want to better their health and overall they want to better themselves. I enjoyed working at The Vitamin Shoppe- it is the best retail job one can have. The hours are not extremely long. You will become family with those on your team. Bonuses are big. It is overall fun,
Great Place
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Clarksville, TnJanuary 16, 2015
The staff is welcoming and always friendly. They know their stuff. Everyone has to constantly take online tests to make sure they are up to date on their product and brand knowledge.
Extremely structured system with very little emphasis on employee satisfaction.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Employees are not treated like people, but rather cogs in the system. Very cold and callous company without heart.
Retail Operations
Third Key Holder / Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Okemos, MIDecember 16, 2014
Customer service and innovative changes to match evolving retail demands. Management and staff opportunities for growth and training. Company as a whole means well with objective, but at times individual stores execute objectives poorly. This review does not reflect the company to its entirety, and should recognize the limitations of a small sample and observation.
flexable, friendly, teamwork, loyalty
International Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), north bergen, njNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at the office is using Word, Excel, and Outlook. I am held responsible to arrange international shipment. Ensure accuracy of shipments and complete approval of the process. Also preparing international documentation, such as, invoices, and certification of origin.
Throughout the course of my experience with the company I have learned how to prepare myself in advance for any deadlines or new task assigned. I have had many experience with the company that I am highly confident to take control of any situation as well as decision making without a managers approval. I enjoy communicating with different people throughout the world. It has been a pleasure and a great experience. However, what is most importantly to me and my job description is knowing each day I have satisfied customers whom gain trust towards me and the company.
Great Atmosphere with Great people.
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 10, 2014
Love working for a company that provides a great customer experience. Also, that helps people with life goals.
Productive and Safe Work Environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Oswego, IllinoisNovember 4, 2014
Experienced professional with leading and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Great place to feel like you are really helping people
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 26, 2014
Any job in retail gets a little mundane, but at least at the Vitamin Shoppe you really feel like you are helping people. There is stock and rotations to do, but you have a regular customer base who really look to you to help them meet their wellness goals. It is nights and weekends that is the worst part, but that is typical retail. You get a chance to try a lot of knew supplements and there is a great employee discount policy. Overall just a great company to work for, and a mission statement that you can be really proud of when you talk about your job to people.
Great place to learn about supplements, pay is not high enough for all the things they require you to do.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: education, team players, free samples, small team
Cons: they don't pay enough for what they want you to do, small team
A typical day of work would just depend on what day of the week it is, if it's Tuesday we have shipment that day so everything is revolving around shipment. Management is good, it can be a bit micro-managed at times but still not bad. My co-workers are great, you really get to know the people you work with because you work in such a small team. I have been with the company going on two years now, so i do not think there are any more hard things. Everything i thought was hard at first became normal with repetition. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping the guests find supplements for their unique needs.
Excellent company!
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 10, 2014
I learned more than I ever knew about supplements, vitamins, and wellness during my time here as an associate. This is an outstanding company and it offers a large array of affordable products for all consumers. To be honest, this was the best retail job I had ever had. I miss it so much!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Burbank, ILOctober 2, 2014
Nice place to work. Good people good working environment. Some corporate managers were not pleasant to be around.
Rewarding experience
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: constant learning that earns you pay increases, it is easy to move up in the company if you so desire
Flexible hours, and company-provided learning modules allow you to learn about supplements and how to use them. Multitasking is a must. Every day is different, so it keeps things interesting.
Productive workplace, where everyone works with one another as a team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be ringing out customers in the cashier, picking up phone calls, and providing customers with information on a product or whether we have the product in our store. I also handle special orders, in which we would order a product for a customer from our company and give them a call as soon as the product has arrived.
I have learned more about time management, and found that I am excellent in dealing with multiple task at once, in which I would finish my task quickly. I also learned to handle any problem that a customer might have, and resolving it in a reasonable manner while also showing empathy for their situation.
Management, as well as co-workers are good, everyone gets along with one another, and are treated fairly. Everyone works together as a team, and provides help when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be rush over, where we have many customers in the store. At times it could be a little overwhelming, but I handle to situation very calmly and I do a good job handling multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping a customer with either finding a product or giving them information on a vitamin, and how it can benefit their health.
Vitamin Shoppe
Part-time health enthusiast (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, too far from home and work, too little pay, poor management, not enough hours.
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe has been a character-building experience. I’ve learned all there is to know about natural healing and supplementation. Management here could be better, due to lack of communication and poor management skills in general. Co-workers are friendly and helpful; always willing to lend a hand and collaborate when necessary. The hardest part of working here is dealing with people who think they know more than I do about supplements. Also, everyone seems to be asking for a discount, making it difficult to reach sales goals. Although the job can be difficult, I enjoy educating the public on natural healing and how to live a healthier lifestyle.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more

The Vitamin Shoppe Salaries