The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Poor Management, Poor Hours Long hours to work and not compensated for them. Management makes a lot of promises and did not keep them. no hours for staff.
Overall a good compaany
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TXJuly 19, 2017
The company itself is great and genuinely is people committed. The management is lacking people skills as you climb in the chain. Benefits are amazing, the health insurance in particular is awesome and the employee discount is great.
Pros
employee discount, health insurance, Vitamin Shoppe University
Cons
Bad Middle Mgmt (District and Training Managers) poor communication
Relax and Great
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 18, 2017
This place is great the environment is so good. The team work is good is very flexible and is no rush in there, you work and dedication is recognized. like work in Vitamin Shoppe.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 14, 2017
Busy store. Meeting new customers. Learning new and old products . ,to sell to customers. Fun to help team member is big sales . Business can be slow, clean ,face products, refill all products..Always try to meet sales goals of the week.
Pros
Friendly culture, air condition.
Cons
no insurance, 401k
The Stores were great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 13, 2017
I loved helping our Customers find their way to a Healthier Lifestyle. Most of the employees were great. The Corporate Staff from District, Regional managers were awful. HR impossible to get any answers or support.
Pros
Helping our customers live a Healthier Lifestyle. Made many lifetime friends.
Cons
Corporate no longer cares.....
Great place to work.
Information Security Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJuly 12, 2017
This is a very laid back place to work. Casual dress code, gym, ping pong table, all around easy going but demands results. There is room for growth and opportunities in emerging job areas.
fune entry leevk
Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 12, 2017
good for a college student. Not really flxible, maanagment was kind of absent. hard to aguge expectation but no qoutas. Engaging with customer was a plus but no movement
The company has great opportunity to be the leader.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
The company has an overwhelming turn over on employees. That's a problem but there not looking into the problem only care about profits. Unfortunately there is so much potential.
I have great coworkers, but...
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJuly 11, 2017
This job kind of blows. Customers expect you to know every little thing about every single product. If you give them an honest answer of not knowing they get very rude, and insulting. Even if you attempt to look it up they get nasty with you, because you didn't know the answer off the top of your head.
Pros
coworkers, vacation/personal/sick days, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, customers are very rude
Great productive days at work. Busy and awesome experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 10, 2017
Loud and active environment. Customer service was the biggest factor. Sharing our experiences with products and supplements we used was the most exciting. Having customers come back and ask for you and were happy with products we recommended was probably the most rewarding.
Competitive Pay, Positive Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIJuly 10, 2017
This was an excellent company to work with. They treat their employees like individuals, and even when working full-time I was able to have an enjoyable work-life balance and progress with the company. The pay rate was bar-none the best I have ever seen or heard of for a retail environment of this kind. Full-benefits, PTO, and sick time for full-time employees as well.

Unfortunately their outdated marketing, training, and low sales will eventually pull them under. Most employees are also customers, and if their upper-tier management would listen to store-level suggestions, perhaps they would fare better against online retailers.
Pros
Pto, Sick leave, full benefits, competitive wages
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime
Very productive environment and a friendly staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Metuchen, NJJuly 10, 2017
Vitamin Shoppe's main goal is to make sure customer service is our main priority. A typical day at work is waiting on customers working on shipment, putting product away, inventory, making sure the store is well maintained neat and clean. I have learned working in retail to have patience and a smile.
Pros
The interaction with people and having a good work staff.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement and yearly raises are very low.
Interim Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJuly 6, 2017
Casual environment. A lot of tenure among the employees which can also be a negative for growth potential. Strong management team. The company is growing.
Pros
Gym on site.
Bad Management
Key Holder / ASM (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYJuly 4, 2017
My first manager was outstanding. I moved and in new district the management was just awful. Bad scheduling and management tactics. I highly recommend staying far away from this company. There is no oversight to stop the hourly associates from being run over by bad managers. Stay away
Productive nd fun place to work
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Feasterville-Trevose, PAJuly 3, 2017
I was blessed with a phenomenal manager. The days went smooth as my team and I worked as a cohesive group to get our day-to-day tasks completed. It was a very positive environment.
Great company, poor management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 29, 2017
It didn't take long to catch on to my manager's shenanigans. The company is very good though and there are a few opportunities for advancement. Not bad at all.
Its a job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work involves ringing up customers. you will inform customers about supplements and health needs. you will also clean the store: cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, dusting, ect.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 26, 2017
Vitamin Shoppe is a fantastic company to work for. Fellow associates and management above are all ready to help and train. The small crew environment makes you appreciate the closeness and dependability over a super-center type organization like Target. Only flaw was the pay rate.
Pros
Great discount, health seminars
Cons
short lunch, low pay
One of the best companies I've worked for.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 26, 2017
To date, this has been one of my favorite jobs. I only left because I was promised all these great things from another company. Needless to say, the other company was a sham, totally not what I thought. I loved working at The Vitamin Shoppe and would gladly work there again.
Pros
Everything about this company is amazing.
Friendly atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 23, 2017
Open the store, go to the bank and deposit money, and get the store ready to conduct business for that day. I learned all about vitamins and how they would benefit the body. Management was very knowledgable about all products being sold to consumers. The hardest part of the job was learning about the 2000 plus products. When getting reviewed by management and scoring high on the knowledge I retained about the products.
Pros
Bonuses for hitting sells goals
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.