The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe United States Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment
Acting Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Medford, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free samples, benefits, helping people with their individual needs, great employees.
Cons: hardly any internal promotions. more work with less payroll hours.
I am only as strong as my team. My team is such a friendly and upbeat group; I couldn't have asked for anything better. The hardest part of the job is that there isn't enough payroll hours to administer to everyone to get everything done.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2015
Working at The Vitamin Shoppe is not a career making decision any person considering being a Store Manager should take that has experience. The pay is so so and the work/life balance sucks really really badly. Think hard before accepting a position at this place.
Overworked & Underpaid
Health Enthusiest (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: no private break room
I have to say I grew to love my boss, co-workers, and most regulars that came in daily but this job is DEMANDING. I was the only employee there willing to lift anything, sweep the floors right, or actual knowledge in most every category so I had way too much to juggle at once.
Picking
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJanuary 21, 2015
You should be a really hard worker to be there. You work under control all the time. People who start working over there don´t last more than one month; I lasted 13 month.
Endless amounts of knowledge gained
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: on your feet all day
The callaber of customers that come into the Vitamin Shoppe want to better their health and overall they want to better themselves. I enjoyed working at The Vitamin Shoppe- it is the best retail job one can have. The hours are not extremely long. You will become family with those on your team. Bonuses are big. It is overall fun,
learn tons
Health Enthusiast/ Store Manager (Former Employee), puyallup,waJanuary 20, 2015
great company. they teach you a lot. lots of room for growth and development. many different locations. great, positive environment. Not a lot of hours
Great Place
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Clarksville, TnJanuary 16, 2015
The staff is welcoming and always friendly. They know their stuff. Everyone has to constantly take online tests to make sure they are up to date on their product and brand knowledge.
Another retail job
Assistant Manager - Key Holder (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2015
Basic retail position. You'll deal with inventory,shipments,customers, and management. If you don't know much about supplements don't worry they will train you.
Extremely structured system with very little emphasis on employee satisfaction.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Employees are not treated like people, but rather cogs in the system. Very cold and callous company without heart.
its work
picker (Current Employee), Ashland, VADecember 31, 2014
Pros: you get your hours
Cons: no advancement
No benifets or ability to move up in the company. They try to work with you on hours and any issues that come up
RF Scanner (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJDecember 28, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: no healthcare coverage
It was a productive atmosphere using the RF scanner to locate and pack different items such as energy drinks or herbal medicine.
Retail Operations
Third Key Holder / Health Enthusiast (Former Employee), Okemos, MIDecember 16, 2014
Customer service and innovative changes to match evolving retail demands. Management and staff opportunities for growth and training. Company as a whole means well with objective, but at times individual stores execute objectives poorly. This review does not reflect the company to its entirety, and should recognize the limitations of a small sample and observation.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ledgewood, NJDecember 2, 2014
• Personally demonstrate and lead Sales Associates to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Execute and maintain operational, promotional, and visual/merchandise standards and initiatives.
• Build and develop a team of qualified Sales Associates who can achieve established goals and objectives.
• Support Store Manager in management of store.
• Effectively communicate and partner with Store Manager and Home office.
MANAGER (Former Employee), 1326 kings highwayNovember 20, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers and easy to learn
Cons: benefits and location
It was pretty normal, the co workers were friendly and the customers were as well. the hardest part was just dealing with malfunctions of the computers but it was always resolved at the end of the day . The most enjoyable part of the job was rush hour cause it just makes time go faster and forces you to multi-task
flexable, friendly, teamwork, loyalty
International Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), north bergen, njNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at the office is using Word, Excel, and Outlook. I am held responsible to arrange international shipment. Ensure accuracy of shipments and complete approval of the process. Also preparing international documentation, such as, invoices, and certification of origin.
Throughout the course of my experience with the company I have learned how to prepare myself in advance for any deadlines or new task assigned. I have had many experience with the company that I am highly confident to take control of any situation as well as decision making without a managers approval. I enjoy communicating with different people throughout the world. It has been a pleasure and a great experience. However, what is most importantly to me and my job description is knowing each day I have satisfied customers whom gain trust towards me and the company.
Great Atmosphere with Great people.
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 10, 2014
Love working for a company that provides a great customer experience. Also, that helps people with life goals.
Productive and Safe Work Environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Oswego, IllinoisNovember 4, 2014
Experienced professional with leading and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Slim chance for advancement.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: decent staff.
Cons: no scheduled breaks, unreliable, schedules don't hold up, short hours, low pay.
Store managers constantly quit.
Not willing to give a decent amount of hours.
No benefits or compensation.
Good staff but very lazy.
Very unorganized.
Great place to feel like you are really helping people
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 26, 2014
Any job in retail gets a little mundane, but at least at the Vitamin Shoppe you really feel like you are helping people. There is stock and rotations to do, but you have a regular customer base who really look to you to help them meet their wellness goals. It is nights and weekends that is the worst part, but that is typical retail. You get a chance to try a lot of knew supplements and there is a great employee discount policy. Overall just a great company to work for, and a mission statement that you can be really proud of when you talk about your job to people.
Great place to learn about supplements, pay is not high enough for all the things they require you to do.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: education, team players, free samples, small team
Cons: they don't pay enough for what they want you to do, small team
A typical day of work would just depend on what day of the week it is, if it's Tuesday we have shipment that day so everything is revolving around shipment. Management is good, it can be a bit micro-managed at times but still not bad. My co-workers are great, you really get to know the people you work with because you work in such a small team. I have been with the company going on two years now, so i do not think there are any more hard things. Everything i thought was hard at first became normal with repetition. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping the guests find supplements for their unique needs.

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more

The Vitamin Shoppe Salaries