The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Customer Friendly
KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2017
A very energetic place to work but your relations with your employees could make work bitter or sweet. just keep your personal life to yourself.you have to be able to multi-task while remaining a positive mood. overall Love working there.
Pros
free samples
Cons
Standing for 8 hours after a great leg day #sore
Good Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2017
Good place to work for, great environment, I love being around supplements and sharing the knowledge i have to help people in my community. Store is very relaxed.
Good job, poor management.
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 18, 2017
Everything about this job had been great except for the management, your work just isn't appreciated. ive been with the company for over a year and have seen soo many people eave and new people come in with a better starting position. they claim to move up employees but its only seems to apply to favorites.
Fast paced retail environment
Buyer / Category Manager - Vitamins & Minerals (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 15, 2017
Company focus on health & wellness for both customers and employees.

Store "Health Enthusiasts" are trained and knowledgeable regarding product features and benefits.
work place
customer service (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJune 14, 2017
The typical work day at vitamin shoppe is laidback. At times there are those horrible customers, but that is retail. Yes management does lack in certain areas but when you are one of the lower ones on the tier we have to live with it.
Pros
supplements
Cons
staff
Productive and positive workplace
Key Holder (Shift Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work: you get to learn something new everyday, develop strong relationships with your customers, competitive pay, and a very nice employee purchase program.
Pros
Competitive pay, employee purchase program
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 13, 2017
I loved my store, store manager, and district manager. At The Vitamin Shoppe I learned much about alternative medicine.
I was able during down time to read books that we had for sale and this piqued my interest in furthering my knowledge of the nutrition industry.
Pros
fun, enjoyable, Great co workers and realistic goals
Cons
nothing
Did not like working there.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJune 10, 2017
They promised 4 months temp to perm. Worked 6 months. Was told not needed anymore because they transferred someone else from New Jersey. They were difficult to get along with. Just not a good place to work at, they don't like temps. They feel that there are no bodies.
Pros
indoors
Cons
miss treated
Was a great life experience you learn a ton of health based needs.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2017
Great Place to learn about supplements very easy to immerse yourself in all of the knowledge, love the relationships you build with the regulars but definitely still a retail position making it not so conducive to starting or raising a family..
Pros
Very interesting field of work, learning about all of the products
Cons
It is not conducive to raising a family based on hours
They say they care about people when they don't
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2017
This company easily fires employees if they feel that upper management is threatened. Employees found out that a investigation was not handled properly and the company went after the employees that knew right from wrong. You are easily replaceable and they will fire you even if you do not have any write ups or documentation before the firing. Failing companies resort to this and if your looking to grow with a company this one is definitely not for you.
Pros
Get to help a lot of people
Cons
Have to stay quiet and reform to upper management even if they mistreat employees

Want to know more about The Vitamin Shoppe?

Ask a question
Productive place to work.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53226June 8, 2017
Assisted customers in their health and wellness needs. I also learned a lot about different things that would help with healthy living, in addition to me learning more about customer service and leadership experience.
Failing company with terrible management
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 31, 2017
The company does not care about the employees. They consistently set unrealistic goals, then blame the employees for not hitting those goals or buying enough products themselves to hit their goals. They treat every store like they are in the same exact location, but do not take into consideration stores in lower-income cities. I have been told by my district manager that employees are easily replaceable. Moving up in the company is based on how your district manager feels about you, not about your work ethic or what you bring to the table. Each store is constantly given negative feedback on what they are doing wrong, but is never given an incentive to perform better. Vitamin Shoppe provides monthly bonuses if you manage to hit your goals, but they are a complete joke. You get about $.75 for every $100 over goal.
Learning exiperence
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 31, 2017
When you start you take a online training to learn about vitamins so you can help customers. I really liked that job. Miss it alot. And learned a lot that I use today on a daily basis.
Productive and fun
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 30, 2017
Was able to help many people with health and wellness goals
I learned how to manage a team and interact with many different customers and employees alike
Good work enviornment with great people everyday.
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJMay 30, 2017
I really enjoyed showing up to work at The Vitamin Shoppe because of my co-workers. Helping cutomers with their health needs was a main responsibility as a health enthusiast and making sure all of their questions were answered. Management lacked a little bit in my opinion, things were not getting done on time like they were supposed too which caused a few minor problems in the work enviornment. The hardest part of the job was doing returns of items because of the long process it takes while making sure the customer is still happy with us. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure all of our customers left with smiles on their faces and having all questions answered.
Pros
Great discounts, Good people, Enjoyable Job
Fun work environment great foot in the door for the fitness industry
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 25, 2017
I loved my store, store manager, and district manager. Corporate retail setting expect sudden changes. Regional managers and other higher ups have literally never worked retail and therefore have no knowledge of legitimate issues store have.
Pros
Great setting for learning health and wellness
Cons
Corporate likes to change any positive aspects
Productive and calm workplace
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 24, 2017
Since my time with the vitaminshoppe I've learned a plethora of things regarding retail and products,it's a great company to work for but they can be a little cheap.
lack and communication
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 23, 2017
Vitamin Shoppe can be rewarding when learning about natural health products. You can advance pretty quickly in this company, but they expect you to do so much work at one time. the customers are very needy and sometimes very rude. Some managers lack proper communication and want you to work all the time. if you have kids you are expected to put your family second and your job first. you can work a 10 hour shift and expect to only take a 30 min break. their is no organized work you are expected to help customers, ring customers, put shipment away, shelf rotation all at once.
Pros
quick advancements
Cons
high turnover, not organized
Healthy culture, ever changing.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, CTMay 23, 2017
Great place to help people get healthy.
Ever changing . Its about the experience that is offer when customers come in.
Management is great. Looking to get better.
Pros
Helping people get healthy
Cons
Can't think of any
fun and inormative
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 22, 2017
Involves alot of customer service helping customers select products and give basic information. Work place is good for part time people such as myself who are going to school. Online work allowed for extra research on products which was useful. a typical day also involved stocking products rom shipment, facing shelves, and changing shelves and end caps. the work place culture was very positive. All employees I worked with were very enthusiastic and health, fitness, and wellness. Co workers also gave great and helpful advice on product knowledge.
Pros
good hours
Cons
difficult to request days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval