The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Helping women
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2015
We are an open store we give everyone in what they are looking for, for me i love to help women grown back the hair that is lost. Lets say after cancer or anything else that may happen in life which most times can be from stress and you don`t want to be bald so you can come to me and i can show you and help you on what to take and what maybe going on with your hair.
My Co-workers are fine we all get along, not really any hard parts of my job i like the job
Great work experience
Nutrition Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  variousNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work and gain experience and knowledge in the nutrition industry as well as the sales industry. This was a perfect place to learn about all the current supplements on the market.
Art Direction
NJ - CREATIVE DIRECTOR/Sr. Art Director (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJNovember 3, 2015
I over seen all creative -

From TV to print...and packaging.

All forms of communication! All in-store!

a Fun place to work!

Glad it's over!
Pros
Great people
Cons
No advancement....NJ commute was stressful.
We invested in peoples health
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 26, 2015
Here at The Vitamin Shoppe we worked to make sure our customers were well taken care of. We helped many of them with their health and earned the trust of many. The culture of the business was easy to fall in love with.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
The Pay
Productive and fun place
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJOctober 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive health enthusiast. The company is not all about numbres but how each health enthusiast personnaly grow and develp.
Productive fun work place with a ping pong table and gym
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJOctober 18, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe offers an arrangement of perks from a Gym to a ping pong table. There are a lot of cliques and if you are not friends with them, do not expect advancement. The amount of nepotism going on is sickening. The CEO and heads of the company try to make it a fun place to work, but they can't micromanage everything.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, free product, company picnic
Cons
They boast about movement within the company but then are hesitant to promote from within.
Very passionate culture with great training
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 16, 2015
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe was a great experience, especially coming from GNC. Vitamin Shoppe offered a great, fast paced environment that allowed me to get the training necessary to have a strong grasp on the supplements sold.
My only drawback with the company is the low level of job advancement and compensation. Pay is below average compared to responsibility. Also advancement is weak due to the fact that upper management would rather hire from outside sources rather than promoting within.
Overall from the stores I have worked for (Cifton/Brick NJ), I can truly say that these people care about the people they talk to. They are some of the most genuine people I have ever met and they all focus on one objective; the healthy lifestyle of their valued customers.
Pros
Experience, Knowledge, Discount
Cons
Advancement, Pay
a job
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 7, 2015
It was a job that I had while I was in high school. Typical workday was helping customers and ringing people out. I learned how to set up stores according to a planogram
A nice, fun environment where you are always learning.
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 7, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe is a fun environment that keeps you moving. There is always something to do, people to meet, and things to learn. The management is kind and knowledgable and there is always opportunity for promotion.
there okay
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 7, 2015
good staff to work with managers are okay set up could be more better and product not always replenished on time but other than that good company,
Solid Retail Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 5, 2015
Vitamin Shoppe is a great place to work for. They teach you all about supplements and healthy life styles as well as solid compensation and a good employee discount.
Good opportunities, fun work environment
Key Holder/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OhOctober 4, 2015
Establish, model, and reinforce the Branded Customer Experience (customer service) and hand selling technique. Use product information, sampling and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Promptly serve customers, minimizing wait time. Coach and direct staff regarding model service, selling, and customer engagement behaviors. Lead and participate in learning and development activities (daily store meetings and product/online education) in order to provide optimal customer service. Complete Learning Path and Vitamin Shoppe University training activities in established timelines. Protect and maintain company assets and resources to include cash control, inventory, fixtures and physical facility to prevent theft, ensuring Loss Prevention standards. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports. Ensure work environment is safe for both customers and Health Enthusiasts. Oversee and perform regular maintenance; Clean shelves, baskets, backrooms, windows, front sidewalks, bathrooms, and floors according to company policy as directed by the management team. Receive shipments, assist in unloading stock, checking products against invoice, sorting and distributing stock, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise, cleaning fixtures and displaying products. Aid the management team in the
implementation of merchandising, promotional and operational standards. Perform category maintenance by rotating products according to the company’s product rotation policy. Identify and document the
  more... return of damaged, discontinued or expired product. Aid in new store initiatives.  less
Pros
Minimal stress, has opportunity to advance if you put forth the effort
Cons
Must be flexible with schedule in order to hit 40 hrs, never a consistent work schedule
Its a dying company
3rd key holder manager for retail store (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 26, 2015
Not a very good company, the perk of the job were great with 25% off merch, pay was decent, but the company is dying and theres no room for growth.
Great company culture and work-life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work as a manager will be mostly helping your team develop and training them on how to succeed at their jobs, communicating tasks to be completed, and goals to be exceeded.
Customer interaction and sales is also a big part of the daily routine.
Focus on tasks comes second to customer satisfaction.
The learning part is the most enjoyable for me, the company makes the training fun.
Pros
work-life balance, benefits
Cons
short breaks
Cool Employees but very rude and needy customers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 15, 2015
Cool Employees and decent customers. I learned a lot about responsibilities that a manager has to deal with every day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers and the best part of the job was meeting regulars and building a relationship.
Healthy and Wellness environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRSeptember 12, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe is a healthy and wellness place where you can demonstrate to each of every customer at the store all the natural supplements that can may help for their health concerns.

At the Vitamin Shoppe I learned how to take control of wellness and stay healthy with natural supplements and to help others, on sharing information for their benefits.

On managing the store I learned how to be proactive,passionate, collaborative in helping my team to achieve store sales goals every day, and surpassed company expectations on operational duties.
Pros
Customer Service, Healthy and Wellness Environment, Community Outreach
Good work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Good work life balance. Never stop learning due to the amount of product that is carried. Satisfying to know that you have helped someone make their best buying decision. The Vitamin Shoppe carries some good product at a good price
Great place to work with great people!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 8, 2015
My manager was awesome and always created a positive work force for us workers. He was interactive with the customers and was always helping them find items that best suited their needs for entering the store.
Not a good place for advancement
asst manager (Former Employee) –  brooklynSeptember 1, 2015
I have worked as an associate and a manager for the vitamin shoppe on and off for thirteen years. It was great when they were a privately owned company. As the years passed and the company changed hands, it sadly changed for the worse.
factory
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJAugust 27, 2015
load trucks
make sure the orders where correct
stock merchandise
management was very polite
co workers where always about getting the job done
Pros
nice break
Cons
Healthcare