The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe United States Employee Reviews

Good part time job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2014
Not a bad place to work, not good for advancement and pay. It was very educational and had a lot of learning which I enjoyed. They don't do the amount of internal promotions they claim.
Rewarding experience
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: constant learning that earns you pay increases, it is easy to move up in the company if you so desire
Flexible hours, and company-provided learning modules allow you to learn about supplements and how to use them. Multitasking is a must. Every day is different, so it keeps things interesting.
Research vitamins and supplements, answer inquiries, make special orders
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot about supplements and vitamins
Cons: non i can think of
This job was heavily focused on research of products and providing those products to the customers. The customers that come to the store are somewhat to very knowledgeable so it is important that you research what you say. If you don't know then you look it up and assist them with finding the product that suits them. Another component is many online tests you must pass with a high score and on a continual basis because it is part of your continual training and job to stay informed on products. This job is heavily customer service dependent, but very enjoyable if you enjoy helping people and assisting them.
upper management has poor coneection with store staff
Health Enthusiast/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Merrick, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the store managers
Cons: the reginal manager who walks in weekly and always finds fault
The facility is clearly more concerned about profit than employee satisfaction.
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: learn daily
Cons: needs a better break room lol cant think of any cons
i would say the hardest part f the job is when a person comes in looking for a cure (after going to the doc) and asks you for help.Heartbreaking......
Most enjoyable is saviing people money and making your quota.
Never get bored for those who like to work, always something to do.
I learned that alot of people need help and information on helping themselves live a better way.
Good Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: nothing
Good Company that looks after it employees. I enjoyed my short time working for the company but learned a lot.
Steady flow of work daily
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), AlabamaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: little to no room for advancement
Great company to work for if you're looking to gain a lot of product knowledge regarding supplements.
Productive workplace, where everyone works with one another as a team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be ringing out customers in the cashier, picking up phone calls, and providing customers with information on a product or whether we have the product in our store. I also handle special orders, in which we would order a product for a customer from our company and give them a call as soon as the product has arrived.
I have learned more about time management, and found that I am excellent in dealing with multiple task at once, in which I would finish my task quickly. I also learned to handle any problem that a customer might have, and resolving it in a reasonable manner while also showing empathy for their situation.
Management, as well as co-workers are good, everyone gets along with one another, and are treated fairly. Everyone works together as a team, and provides help when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be rush over, where we have many customers in the store. At times it could be a little overwhelming, but I handle to situation very calmly and I do a good job handling multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping a customer with either finding a product or giving them information on a vitamin, and how it can benefit their health.
Vitamin Shoppe
Part-time health enthusiast (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, too far from home and work, too little pay, poor management, not enough hours.
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe has been a character-building experience. I’ve learned all there is to know about natural healing and supplementation. Management here could be better, due to lack of communication and poor management skills in general. Co-workers are friendly and helpful; always willing to lend a hand and collaborate when necessary. The hardest part of working here is dealing with people who think they know more than I do about supplements. Also, everyone seems to be asking for a discount, making it difficult to reach sales goals. Although the job can be difficult, I enjoy educating the public on natural healing and how to live a healthier lifestyle.
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJAugust 10, 2014
good place to grow. will help you if willing to work extra hours.
Health and Wellness - what could go wrong
Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: Promotes a healthy lifestyle, discount on products, ability to help customers with their health, networking abilities.

Cons: Lack of trust, micromanagement, low pay for the extensive knowledge one must possess, no job security, difficult to advance without stepping on people or sucking up to upper management, no allowance for creativity.
The YMCA is a great pace to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Norwalk CTJuly 29, 2014
The YMCA was my first job and was also a great experience for me. The YMCA taught how to hold a job and how to be responsible with getting to work on time.
Productive and educational
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Easton, PAJuly 28, 2014
Straightening products, cleaning, helping customers, cash register
learned different uses for vitamins
A great group of people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers are great
I is such a lovely place to work every one is very friendly. No regrets working at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Stable job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
The job duties entailed providing customer service, cashier duties, and stock/ maintenance chores. The job does not offer competitive pay. The responsibilities severely outweigh the salary.
retail
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHJuly 2, 2014
communication is an issue, or lack of clear communication. responsibilities outweigh income.
Fun place to work and great learning the different supplements
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 1, 2014
Fun place to work and learn all the different supplements and vitamins. Would have stayed working there but moved back to MI.
the "vitamin shoppe"
Store Manager (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: free samples of products
Cons: disrespectful, discouraging, no loyalty towards employees
After working 6 years for this company it came to an end. I held the Associate position for 1 year then received a promotion for an Assistant manager for 2 years and ended up with a Store manager's position for 3 years, however the companies moral and ethical standards have gone down the drain. The District Maanager's are unprofessional with the store manager's, For example, I have been treated unfairly numerous times. There were times when my District Manager refused to approve my vacation / carry over time. You have to deal with a lot for a very little amount. The manager must do doubles if any one calls out and after completing double shifts there are no recognitions for hard work, however more questions are asked by the senior's.Uncomfortable environment due to many robberies , overall unsafe for many individuals and it has become a political place where the associates are unreliable.
cool place to be at
Picker/putaway (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: alots of meetings
Cons: short break
busy company , on a regular daily basis everything gos well and every body working hard , the most enjoyable part is you work with a team , and you do alone sometimes , but its fun .
Retail Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Charleston SCJune 18, 2014
This job helped me gain experience as an assistant manager. If there was a chance for advancement I would of stayed, but it was harder to advance in this position.

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more

The Vitamin Shoppe Salaries