The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

good place to work
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 1, 2016
the environment was friendly and it was an enjoyable experience. i also enjoyed this being one of my first times being in charge with the position of key holder.
Always changing policy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 26, 2017
This company is a good place to work. This company tend to change policies a lot. Its a great place if your into the fitness industry.
Mediocre
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 25, 2016
Management can definitely use improvement. Safety as well. More security defivces needed. It's a great cooperation as a whole, just certain locations need work
great place
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work, best hep customers out and go satisfied with ower service great to grow withing the company.only is the compensation and bonus to low.
Good hours, great team, fun environment, decent pay for full-time, and great place for networking
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
Management is good with working with your personal schedule, good benefits, fun and fast paced environment, great co-workers, thorough training, and good opportunities for advancement.
fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHDecember 8, 2016
involvement with customers and with the day to day activities is always a great day. Helping the customer get the results they want is a satisfying feeling.
Fun low pressure work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2016
The Vitamin shoppe is a great company to work for. They are very down to earth and have a great culture that they strive for. Not a very high stress environment.
Fun laid back place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 5, 2016
Good place to work although the pay could be a little higher and the scheduling makes it very difficult to balance a work and home life. But thats with all retail.
Could be better
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
It's a hit or miss with this company. Certain managers are great and some will make your life miserable. Hours also depend on how the stores run and how much staff is there.
Benefits
Cons
Rude staff
Helped my management skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Working here helped me with my management skills and how to delicate tasks to employees. I also learned more about health and how living a healthy life style will help you live a better and healthier life.
N/a
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 31, 2016
-The culture of the company was not the right fit for me
-Overall Compensation was good and within realm of other retailers
-Learned about vitamins and supplements
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Realistic sales goals and friendly environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2016
This company provides a low-stress environment with easy to reach sales goals. The hours could be better, but it is great for anyone in school or interested in the health industry
Good place overall to work, but can be slow paced
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMay 23, 2016
I enjoy working there. The pace is a little slower than I would like. It is very educational and the customers, for the most part, are nice, and interesting. Corporate IT is very slow to respond to our needs, which can be frustrating.
Pros
The education of products, and the samples.
Cons
What the other employees can get away with.
Great place to start from the bottom and advance.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 13, 2016
Work with customers to fulfill their health and wellness needs. Close knit management team. Hardest part of the job trying to make sales numbers.
So Far So Good
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 7, 2016
I have only worked for the company for about 3 months. So far I like what I see. They really care about helping customer's with health, fitness, and wellness needs.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2016
Great place to work. Good work/life balance and amazing company culture. Well established retailer with growth opportunity. If you are comfortable with customer interaction and a wide variety of products you will love this job.
fun and very educating workplace
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 2, 2016
I loved working in The Vitamin Shoppe; manager was friendly, I got to talk to a wide selection of people so I improved my people skills and gain a great deal of knowledge about supplements and health products, which later on helped me with my Personal Training career.
Pros
fun workplace, able to gain knowlege and advance
Cons
short hours
Key Holder to Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
Excellent company to grow with. To make it beyond store manager you must have multi-unit experience and preferably a 4-year degree. Work life balance is exceptional in all roles. Compensation is about average compared to the retail industry. Job Security is exceptional except if you make a serious violation of company policy. Management is dependent upon your immediate supervisor or district manager. I have experienced both stability and instability depending on the district I was in. Culture is exceptional. Vitamin Shoppe is a health and wellness lifestyle brand. Should company benefits include more samples to partners all would benefit.
Cons
minimal staff
Good place to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 20, 2016
Good place to work for unless it comes to having to let someone go then its a complete hassle even if the person needs to be terminated asap.
Pros
great pay, pto, fmla, benefits, etc
Cons
higher management, letting people go, staffing, etc
Poor Management, Poor Company Results
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 10, 2016
As a former employee, I strongly urge potential applicants to reconsider hitting the 'Submit' button when completing an application for a role with The Vitamin Shoppe.

Although the company's recent financial results should speak for themselves, it cannot be understated that The Vitamin Shoppe is an organization clearly moving in a southward direction. Arrogant, underperforming executive managers need to be replaced. Top-level decision making has negatively impacted the organizational culture, and the attrition rate (especially among certain departments) is embarrassingly high.

Applicants to Marketing and Merchandising roles may be okay, as the company's new CEO is a merchant at heart and the entirety of his investment in human resources reflects this orientation. Applications to other non-customer facing roles, though, should absolutely steer clear - it's not the place to grow!
Pros
Free samples, Summer Friday hours, Casual dress code
Cons
Poor Company Results, Little Opportunity for Growth, Management Incompetence, Management Relationships built on Nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Vitamin Shoppe. Our community is ready to answer.