The Vitamin Shoppe

The Vitamin Shoppe Employer Reviews

n/a
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bayamón, PRSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: more time
You have more time to spend with your family. Very strong operational skills
Horrible Place to Work
Assistant Manager / Keyholder (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: everything else
This company offers little room for advancement, requires ridiculous hours for little compensation and has a poor structure in place.
Fun co-worker's but the pay was low
Key Holder (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: fun co-worker's, hours were sufficient, flexible, fun workplace
Cons: low pay, no compensation for dress clothes, manager responsibilities without the pay
Cool place to work while in college. Key holder position is a joke, it's a management position without management pay.
great customer service and very knowledgeable
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, organized
show up at store hour before opening and performed all the m.o.d duties before opening the store to customers such as count registers, count safe, open registers, filled in sales tracking, filled in daily goals and tasks, made sure store was neat and ready for customers. co-workers were very friendly and knowledgeable and didn't mind helping teach about different vitamins.
Customer Service Oriented and trains employees to learn.
Assistant Store Manager (Present) (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2013
Pros: employee discounts, free samples, learning about health and science
Cons: health benefits, clear communication from corporate, bag checks.
The Vitamin Shoppe is a great place for health enthusiasts who want a part-time job and a great employee discount. Advancement is easy because attrition is high. However as you advance in position and responsibility you do/ learn less about health with the exception of the annual week- long learning conference. The more you manage the more you focus on sales, budgeting, administration and other things typical to retail management.
Lots of empty promises
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHAugust 14, 2013
Not good to employees. Lots of promises to many many people with no action over years of time.
great customers looking to improve there health through alternative medicine.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the wonderful customers and employees, and education through the store made the place a great place to work.
Cons: none.
The Vitamin Shoppe is one of the top leading Health and Nutritional Supplemental retail companies leading the industry. I am very proud to have worked with such a great company and team as well as the helping and planning with the opening of the store in August of 2006. The company focused on highly educating the employees on health and supplementation so that the customer and employee would be able to build a close relationship and understanding to achieve each individual customer needs. The company did so through means of online classes and schooling, as well as keeping in close contact with the local retail companies that we did business with. My home store location achieved great success by being a 1.2 million dollar store by the end of 2007. This was a great accomplishment. My team and I focused on building strong relationships with customers and local businesses to build a high clientele which lead to our success. I helped to lead a team of employees that were trained and educated in customer service, health, nutrition and supplementation. Along with training a staff, my other duties while at the Vitamin Shoppe included inventory accuracy, loss prevention, running a cash register and computer center, multi-tasking, market activation, store planning and setting up promotions and events.
Great Knowledge
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: a world of knowledge
Cons: the pay is not exactly competitive.
Working for the Vitamin Shoppe for 9 years, has been a place for personal and work related growth. I have learned so much moving from part time to store manager. It will always hold a special place in my heart.
Produtive and a Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), mission viejo, caJuly 30, 2013
Pros: no day is the same, awesome managers
Cons: no vacation time, hard to move up
I really have enjoyed working for The Vitamin Shoppe, every day brings something different and I get to meet incredible and very interesting people all the time. I also really like the managers and other team members that I work with. They help me with learning more about the products and anything else that I need.
Great environment, bad paychecks
Key Holder/Health Enthusiast (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: learning experience, networking
Cons: 30 min breaks, low paycheck
Has it's high points then slow points. Coworkers become family-like. The paycheck if you're anything under a manager is not enough to survive with.
Productive and energetic workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: vitamin shoppe university.
Cons: not having a set schedule.
The Vitamin Shoppe is a great company to work for. Employees are able to learn about the various products and their health benefits. Its an environment full of passionate individuals striving for a healthier life.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), saugus maJuly 22, 2013
Relax environment. Great work to family ratio.dfdsfdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work would be to come in at 8 am and be ready to sell. What I learned about working there is handling cash transaction and having face to face interactions with customers. Talking to customers made me more social on a day to day basis. Management was fair, they were flexible around my college schedule, and my co-workers were very friendly and still stay in touch with them. The hardest part of the job sometimes would be when the manager would step out for lunch and I would be the senior associate, but I would handle situations accordingly for example if there were any customer returns. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the different kinds of vitamins and their benefits.
great customers
former assistant manager (Former Employee), paJune 5, 2013
Pros: great customers.
Cons: management is horrible
A bad company to work for. Little pay, micro-management and a lot of scare tactics. You basically have kiss the Dm's behind to go anywhere in the company. Great as a college part-time job and that's about it. Oh and if you quit or get fired you won't pay you your vacation pay, they still owe 60 hours. They even had a class action against them in California inn 2009 for that.
One of the "health enthusiast" one time didn't get a raise for his training because he finished the training earlier than what he was supposed to. What kind of company does that? Really.
Good Work Environment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Olympia, WAMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed working for this employer, they provide excellent training and are fair with the work assignments.
It can be rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 24, 2013
Pros: no two days are the same
Cons: some task can be repetitive
Helping customers with their health needs can be a rewarding experience. Although, there are numerous characters the are eccentric, while other are meticulous about what they need. Everyday brings a surprise, dealing with specific customers issues as well as attaining the store financial objective.
Great co-workers
Key Holder (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no healthcare, less hours, little pay
The vitamin shoppe is a great place to work. Great co-workers.
However, it starts at part-time with no benefits and working up to full-time and benefits takes a awhile and most can not wait
Great Products
Marketing (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJApril 11, 2013
Great Company to work for marketing is awesome. The products sold it is, due to great marketing and pricing was inexpensive but a good quality compared to our competitor's. Excellent corporation to work for and learn new things.
Safe job with irresponsible management
Key Holder/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAApril 1, 2013
I learned about a multitude of supplements and their possible assistance with various conditions.
growing company needs more qualified managers
health associate (Current Employee), midwestMarch 28, 2013
Pros: knowledge about nutrition and help of other staff members
Cons: policies not being followed, reviews and promotions not excecuted
help customers, put shipment out, work on vsu, listen to negative feedback from distirict managers, try to follow policies that are different for managers and staff on a daily basis. listen to core values that are not even close to being followed. VS is a growing company with great staff members with years of knowledge that do care about customers needs. Corp has no clue what is going on at store level beyond regional managers. I want to invest in a company that cares and listens to all depts. I dont think VS is on that path yet. hope changes are made.

About The Vitamin Shoppe

Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, – Read more

The Vitamin Shoppe Salaries