The Vitamin Shoppe Employee Reviews

Determined Health environment
Health Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
A typical day working for this company would include several rushes of customers, anywhere from 15 to 50 totes of shipment, that have to be stocked during the day, and many daily tasks. Some of those tasks include opening the store, cleaning glass and counter surfaces, and adjusting store products. Closing tasks would include sweeping, mopping, recounting cash registers, wiping down surfaces again , and adjusting store products. Co-workers are friendly and the company is very tight knit, but this can be a problem to someone who is looking for privacy when speaking to managers and co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be learning all the information but it is also the most enjoyable part because you get to properly inform your customers of what it is they need.
Cons
As a sales associate you get little to no benefits, will move you around to different stores based on their own company needs.
manager of store and health enthusiast
manager and health enthusiast (Former Employee) –  aiea hawaiiMay 31, 2015
either I would open and close the store. inventory and read daily emails. educate customers on products. sales and team member hiring. further education for myself. great people to work with. fun to come into work and be around. the hardest part was leaving to go home! and I absolutely love helping people find what will make them happy.
Director of Supply Chain Solutions (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 25, 2015
Good culture and work life balance.

I don't understand why I need to review this company. I am leaving for personal reasons so I will just paste the guidelines below
Pros
Good work life balance and discount of products
Cons
Limited opportunities
Fast Pace environment, must have upbeat personality, opportunities for personal growth
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2015
This is a company that requires a lot of patience and time, it will teach you a lot about the health and fitness industry, but there are not that many promotional opportunities, who you know can be more important than what you know when working for this company. A lot of the times some managers do not follow the companys rules or procedures and the DM does not respect confidentiality so be very careful what you divulge because you don't want to make an uncomfortable work environment for yourself. You will be moved around a lot and you get no respect or benefits as a Health Enthusiast. If applying to this company, apply for a higher position because the turnover rate of health enthusiast is VERY high for good reasons.
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager/Reserve Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 11, 2015
Daily store operations, inventory, product knowledge, hire/fire/train new staff, in charge of keeping up with ever-changing fitness/supplement/nutrition industry and educate staff on products.
Pros
Meet new people, learn new supplements and nutrition aspects
Cons
Advancement was almost non-existent
Good Place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMay 8, 2015
Good Place to work, every day you learned something new. Industry was always evolving so it never got boring. Always busy.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Fun and exciting place to work
Health Enthusiast (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 8, 2015
Fun place to work especially with employees and with customers. a great learning environment about supplements and great to go to school.
They care about their hourly staff
Process Manager - Outbound Operations (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJApril 26, 2015
They care about their hourly staff and will do whatever is necessary to keep them happy. A lovely ping pong table is available for all.
Excellent products and training
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 25, 2015
I was opening the doors, and closing on other nights. The deliveries would arrive so I'de place items away while talking to every customer that walked in the door. I was responsible for inventory tracking, mail confirmations, time charts, hourly sales reports, and much more. A fun summer job that went for a year, until I moved.
Pros
Free Ice creams
Cons
Hardly enough breaks for all the hard work I was doing
I would not recommend...
Health Enthusiest (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 24, 2015
Working at the Vitamin Shoppe is a tall glass of frustration and never ending monotony. You are constantly chasing your own tail in hopes of catching it. This is not a fun place to work.
A great company to grow with.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 23, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe is a great place to work. The company really goes great lengths to ensure their employees have the best product knowledge. You're able to inspire individuals to live a healthier lifestyle.
Pros
The knowledge you will gain.
Cons
Hours.
The Vitamin Shoppe
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJApril 20, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe offers so much knowledge and a wide variety of customers. Interactions from day to day would always differ and made working there so much fun.
Fun place to work
Lead key holder (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 16, 2015
The Vitamin Shoppe was a very fun place to work. It was a fast passed environment that helped me grow into a harder worker. A typical day at work included; customer service, completing multiple product rotations and maintaining a clean work place. All of my co workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would have had to been completing shipments of high volume. On high volume shipment days only having two associates on the clock made it difficult. One part of the job that I personally enjoyed was helping the customers pick out supplements that would help achieve personal goals.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
non flexible
Productive and Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Open and or close the store daily, overseeing the staff and making sure we were taking care of all customer needs and giving the best branded experience possible. Cash handling and daily bank runs. I loved being able to share my knowledge and passion to others about fitness and over all health. The hardest part of my job was working the late hours everyday and being away from my daughter every night.
Pros
Loved the staff and daily customer interaction
Cons
Work hours and being away from my daughter all the time
Great place to learn about health
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Working here will allow you to learn about the human body and how it works with vitamins and nutrition. I would recommend others to work here. Great place!
Slow paced, but interesting place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIApril 3, 2015
Not a bad place to work. It isn't as fast paced as I am used to. The advancement is very slow. Overall it is great for someone who is not hungry to move up the ladder, but to stay in a comfortable spot.
Work.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelby Township, MichiganApril 2, 2015
My typical day at work starts with reviewing tasks that need to be completed before the end of the day and delegating those tasks appropriately. Over the years, working at the Vitamin Shoppe has taught me that no matter what job you possess, there is always something to learn. It has strengthened my leadership skills as well. The hardest part of my job is learning about the products, how they affect the body and what they can do down to a science. It takes a ton of research which is probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I'm happy to be apart of such a tight knit team and hope to experience that at other companies.
Pros
small team (10 people), great health care coverage
Cons
Lot of product knowledge to obtain
Great place to enter the fitness industry
SHIFT MANAGER/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXApril 1, 2015
Awesome management! Decent pay scale with decent benefits. You have the opportunity to network with many different supplement company reps.
Pros
work family athmosphere
Cons
if i had to decide it would be that the pay could be slightly better as you advance.
Educating experience and challenging more than just retail.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 30, 2015
Company does a great job of taking care of employees, hours aren't enough for positions other than ASM and SM. Management does a good job of allowing you to grow.
Pros
Education
Cons
Random hours
It's a job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2015
Not really anything special about this workplace. Just another retail job... if you have ever worked retail, you know what I mean.
Pros
Product education, discount
Cons
wacky scheduling, poor pay, poor benefits