The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,993 reviews matching the search
Great place with amazing atmosphere. Always dedicated to making guests happy by incorporating storytelling and character.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 15, 2016
Working for the Walt Disney Company is amazing. Duties vary per day due to the fact that I'm constantly moved around and placed based on my knowledge in locations and business needs. I've learned how to be extremely flexible and how to be open minded to change. Management and coworkers are amazing, but the company is so large that it's constantly being changed and solid relationships are tough to keep. Overall the job is great and inspiring to be able to make people smile each passing day.
Family like work environment, fun, emotional
Character Host/Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 28, 2016
The Disneyland Resort helped me grow out of my shell. Its a fast paced environment full of fun, and Magical moments. You grow to know your co workers like family, especially after spending all of your holidays with them. Management (not leads) can be hard to get a hold of, but once you do they are helpful and understanding.
Pros
free entrance to Disneyland and California adventure
Cons
you work every holiday and they aren't always able to help you get the time off you need.
Interesting Workplace
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2016
For many this can be a place where many dreams come true, and working for this company I did find much friendship and happiness in my time there. Unfortunately I also had some bad experiences. Disney works very much on a seniority basis, the longer you've been there the more benefits and oppurtunities you get with the company. Starting from the bottom however is not much fun. I also noticed that they need to work on their treatment of their employees. It is a very large company so it is possible this isn't everywhere but where I was it was very bad.
Pros
Free admission to Walt Disney Parks
Cons
Very longs 40+ hr work weeks
Fast-paced high volume customer service position
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 30, 2016
This position is not for everyone but if you are a people person and love having flexible, multifaceted, and expansive job duties, this is perfect for you. You learn conflict resolution, problem-solving, teamwork and task orientation. Along with practical skills like; filing, collating, data entry, packaging, and shipping. Best thing about the job is making magical moment for the guests.
Pros
Free parking and tickets, discounts, growth opportunities, assistive programs
Cons
Commute, high stress at times, inconsistent scheduling
Excellent place to work and develop
Analyst, Food and Beverage Business Optimization (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Project based work, so lots of ad hoc request. Fun data mining 90% and 10% was month end consolidating. I developed my excel, data mining and deck presentation skills. Management style was supportive and always asked how they can help you reach your career goals. Co-workers were great and happy. The hardest part of the job was finding the most accurate data, due to so many data sources. The most enjoyable part was the analytical work and fun ad hoc requests.
Day in the life of an Imagineer
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 8, 2016
Extremely creative day starts out with reviews with Graphics team and art directors. Strategic thinking always accompany creativity in our workplace.

I've learned to manage my time efficiently and still get the best results. Our company is multifaceted, therefore we always work as a team with many disciplines to accomplish projects.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the synergy we create when we are in the midst of many projects and the hardest part is the company is project oriented.
Great!
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2016
The company as a whole provides cast members with so many areas for growth. The standards are very high but it provides cast members with a purpose to obtain and exceed these expectations on a daily basis. If you take everything you can away from the experience you will transform professionally, very quickly. The company has a very strong presence of networking, so its important to get to know everyone.
Pros
positive energy, high standards, ability to promote
Cons
very competitive, precision is extremely important
Great Atmosphere but Lousy Job
eCommerce sales and service agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
I can not say enough about the friendly atmosphere and commeraderie amongst the Cast Members at the Walt Disney company. Everyone there is super friendly and great. The job, however, was mind-numbingly boring and did not pay very well. Opportunity to advance in the company was non-existent, despite what some there may say. Management, while still nice people who are easy to get along with, were not interested in helping staff succeed or advance.
Pros
Free Disney tickets
Cons
Boring thankless job
Learned a lot from this company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working at Walt Disney was challenging and fulfilling as well.
The trainings and the systems were wonderful experiences for me. I treasure them and have used them on my next work assignments.

I worked at Disney very seriously that I felt challenged in succeeding every role I got.

Management at Disney depended on the personality. I knew that overall the company had good management.

Working with Disney was very fulfilling.
Pros
Trainings and experiences.
Cons
Compensation
A happy and safe place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, FLAugust 22, 2016
Disney: the happiest place! thanks to a fully training gives the chance to give the best experience for the guests and for the fellow cast members. Managers and coordinators are a inspiration for going above and beyond. always wearing the best sincere simile!
gives the opportunity to grow personally and professionally thanks to meeting, safety teams and training pears.
opportunity to make guests day magic and unique
I enjoy dealing with our International Guests coming to Walt Disney World and booking Walt Disney Cruises
WDTC UK Sales and Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2016
Typical day at the inbound call center is assisting our UK guests with payments booking their Walt Disney World Resort Holidays and Walt Disney World Cruises. We deal with customers as well as Travel Agents booking cruises out of Cape Canaveral and Europe. I enjoy my co-workers and my leader. The most difficult part is the commute. I am hoping to get work at home. I enjoy making the magic for our travel agents and guests so that they have the best experience possible. I am looking for part time work on Tues and Wed. and possibly I am available on Sunday afternoons.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
the commute
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
Disney College Program
Merchandise (Former Employee) –  World of DisneyAugust 14, 2016
I have made some of the best memories here and met so many interesting people. The environment is fast-paced at the store I worked (World of Disney). Had a wide range of responsibilities which made it a great learning experience.
Pros
Easily able to trade shifts in the Merchandise role, managers and coordinators at my store were very helpful, it felt like a big family. Free admission to parks. Fun events and volunteer opportunities.
Cons
Being in the college program, the benefits and compensation are not so great.
Working with the mouse
Magic Kingdom Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working for Disney is something many only dream of. In this case, I participated in the Disney College Program; a work and study program. This is a great opportunity to network with young professionals around the world. At Disney, you get access to the parks and 20% off merchandise. Working for a fortune 100 company is great experience for any young professional in college.
Pros
Park access, 20% off merchandise
Cons
low pay rate, extensive hours
Happiest Job on Earth!
Senior Dept. Clerk / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 9, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had! It was always a fun place to work and the people I worked with were amazing. I still keep in touch with some of the people I worked with. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing what the artists were going to create and I got to be a part of that. It was so magical and it was truly an amazing place to work. I was very sad to see that division be sold off.
Pros
Events at the Studio were the best!
Cons
Being laid off was the worst!
Front line cast member, the struggle and the life changing magic
outdoor vending cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 26, 2016
Working as a front line cast member is not for the faint of heart. The hours are long, the work can be exhausting, but no matter how bad of a day you are having, Disney is a truly magical company to work with. The values you learn from not only Traditions(day one of employment) as well as through continued employment are things you will take in every job, as well as other real life situations. As tiring as it was and as awful as the commute was for such a low pay, I don't regret one minute of working there.
Pros
Unlimited self sign ins, values that will help boost any resume
Cons
Low pay, rotating schedule, hard to guarantee days off
Rewarding projects, brutal hours
Character TD (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 2, 2016
Worked on several films with Walt Disney Animation Studios. Consistantly, the last third of the project amounted to 6 day weeks, 60+ hours. That said, the films are turned out beautiful. If you care more for the craft than your personal life, this might be the place for you.
Pros
Free Disneyland admission, OT pay, High quality products
Cons
work life balance is aweful. No *real* concern for artist as a person.
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Competitive and Results Driven Department
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
While overall a fantastic company to work for, the events department is extremely stressful as clients/Guests are passed on to different departments through the Sales to the Service stage. As a result, Guests can have flawed expectations of type of event they will receive or how it will actually be executed. It takes great partnerships and precise communication to the event staff to successfully pull off events at Disney.
Pros
Discounts on Disney experiences
Cons
Difficult work life balance, many people competing for roles which makes advancement difficult

4.3