The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company United States Employee Reviews

A great workplace
Tri-Circle D Ranch cast member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Disney cast appreciation parties
Cons: uncertain schedules
A typical day at the Tri-Circle D Ranch is unlike any other department at Walt Disney World. We get to interact with guests all day all while enjoying the company of the amazing horses that live there. Duties can include such things as giving pony rides to small children or trail rides for the adults, private carriage rides to small groups or public wagon rides for the larger groups or getting escorted to your wedding in style on Cinderella's carriage. The Disney family atmosphere is such an amazing thing to be a part of. The hardest part of my job I would say would be having to work outside in the grueling summer heat of Florida but everything is well worth it when you get to work around the animals that you love and make magical moments for each and every guest.
Restaurant Guest Service Manager
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaApril 21, 2015
Incredible experience. The WDC is at the forefront in every industry it enters. In this role, the primary goal is ensuring the company's world-class service standards are met. You must also provide this level of service to all cast members.
Productive,
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2015
I learn many things but the things I learned the most is,how to manage different personalities, and how to do multiple tasks
fun place to work
character performer (Former Employee), orlando,flApril 16, 2015
Pros: awesome people
Cons: horrible management
i was a character performer so did meet and greets and parades
also flew aroundf the castle was all the short characters and learned very good people skills
Great place to learn
Senior Corporate Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Burbank, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: You can be excited about the products you support and help bring to the world.
Cons: Salary leaves something to be desired
Disney is a great place to grow professionally and allows individuals to get exposed to multiple industries without ever needing to leave the company.
I love "making the magic"
Legal Secretary - Corporate Legal Department (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: DISNEYLAND! Special Events, rubbing elbows with the stars.
Cons: Late night, overnight shifts.
A job like no other, in my 10+ years with the company, there was never a day I didn't look forward to coming to work. I moved from department to department growing and learning every step of the way. From parade dancer to costuming, to shift lead, to assisting in the office, to scheduling, to payroll and HR, every day was something new. After 8 years at the park, I moved up to the Studios to work in the Legal Department, assisting Attorneys and Paralegals in the Corporate Legal Department. Drafting letters, tracking cases, transcribing dispositions and learning the legal system was an eye opening and exciting experience! The environment and culture of treating each guest special is something I have incorporated into my daily life.
The Walt Disney Company is a great organization to work for.
Director of Finance (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 8, 2015
Overall, stable and growth oriented media company. Various businesses that provide optimal opportunity to learn and grow.
Very fun and an interesting work enviornment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Working for the Walt Disney Company was one of the best experiences of my life. My shifts would range from 6-14 hours with the options to leave early or extend your shifts. I worked in a food court styled restaurant serving and preparing food. During our shifts, we would rotate positions. Meaning when you would clock in you could be assigned to the salad station for your first couple of hours, then someone would replace you and you could be assigned to the cash registers. Working in this location was very interesting and always kept me busy. I loved working here because that company has such a large diversity of employees and guests. I got the pleasure of working side by side with people from other countries. I also got to work with guests from different parts of the world. Such a unique experience. My managers were some very amazing people that truly love their jobs with the Walt Disney Company as well.
More than 3 years, it's and okay part-time job.
Disney Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 3, 2015
The Walt Disney Company has taught me professionalism, creativity, and how to have fun on the job. If you truly care about Disney and what it has to offer, you should work there while you're going to school or trying to improve yourself for something better in the future. When I first started, it was amazing and I'm almost getting fired because of a point system they have. I have had to call-out personal or sick due to personal issues and actually being ill. They do not care about your needs outside of work and expect you to work long hours almost six days a week.
Amazing excellent work field highly recomended
Internship Mechandise (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks over the clock hours
Created a safe but uplifting and wonderful experience for each family that was interacted

assisted in many labors with the team in large quantities of tasks daily

registered the guests items and also enhanced their shopping experience with joyful service, creating grand
memories.

Assisted with any amount of questions and concerns the families interacted needed and wanted to know
regardless of any language they spoke found the best solution to everything they wanted and needed
Used data and technology available to assist guests finding items they needed
If you can dream it, you can achieve it
Custodian (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 2, 2015
I loved my job, It is always fun and exciting. I have great coworkers, and wonderful managers. It is so much fun working with everyone there. they are so devoted
I had the opportunity to learn everything about merchandise and Register.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: Facilities for Lunch.
Cons: Diferent working hours every week.
Very busy every day. Learn how business work. Very professionals. Very cooperatives co-workers. Sometimes was when not have enough personal. See happy the guest when that transaction was done. Very satisfaction with my Job.
Job was average
Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 1, 2015
You have no time for a personal life, basically very time consuming with everything. Management was not so great, and seniority means nothing, its all about who your friends with.
Great Customer Service standers experience
Grand Floridian Concierge (Former Employee), Orlando FlMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Go into the Parks for free
Cons: Long hours and never having Holiday off
The Walt Disney World is the world's most visited entertainment resort (with nearly 50 million visitors a year) located in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Covering over 30,000 acres (47 sq mi), it is the home to four theme parks, two water parks, 25 themed resorts boasting over 26,000 rooms, multiple spas, fitness centers, and marinas, 5 golf courses, 2 mini golf courses, a downtown shopping and entertainment district, a 220 acre sports complex, a wedding pavilion, it's own speedway, and much more.
Productive work
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
I learned a lot of new technologies and a lot of Disney patented technologies. I like the work ethic and culture. It is a really well-organized company
Great Company
Vacation Club Sales Guide (Current Employee), Celebration, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Great company that develops talent, and provides opportunities for those who want to work hard. An unusual variety of positions, providing employees variety within their careers, under the same corporate umbrella.
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
Food and Beverage Lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: easy overworking
Easy to move up and move around if the talent and drive is present, difficult to challenge authority and process if it's already set in stone. Benefits take time to get (sometimes unfairly obtained), but difficult work can lead to problems with health if you're not careful (easily overworked).
Great experience
Digital Producer (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 21, 2015
Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers. Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.
good place to work
Senior Manager, Global Sourcing (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 19, 2015
good place to work, not much room for advancement. you can work 20 years for Disney without any advancement in your career.
Retail Guest Service Manger (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great benefit package, many perks
Cons: periodic long hour work weeks
I was able to start at the Walt Disney Company as a college intern and move up to a more advanced internship within the Animal Programs area at Animal Kingdom. Through hard work and diligence I was able to move up into retail management and enjoyed my times in this position for several years. I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a chance to broaden your horizons.

1 2 3 4 5