The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,426 reviews matching the search
Great benefits for interns!
Decision Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Great benefits for interns! Free admission to all the parks and great discounts for shopping and dining at Disney! It's a great place to do your internship!
New manager let power go to her head
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 20, 2017
I had this job as a seasonal job. I got stuck working graveyard stocking the store. The manager was pretty cool until the brought in another one the made working there terrible.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Long hours, rude co-workers
Disney
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 20, 2017
Is a great job if you're not looking for career advancement, but little growth and not a lot of opportunity. The people their are nice though, however, work gets redundant.
Enjoyable office environment.
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
Having worked in the parks and an office, they are two different worlds. The parks can be very demanding and I feel it is harder to progress with the company unless you know the right people. However, when I transferred jobs and was at an office it was much easier to progress within the company because it seemed more focused on your performance versus who you know.
Consuming at times
Table Service Restaurant Lead (Current Employee) –  Carnation CafeJune 19, 2017
I have enjoyed working for the company for the last four years now and at times it can be challenging with the guests and the need to maintain a certain atmosphere but it also helps to keep yourself in a good mood. Management has always been a hit or miss, depending on who is on the team at times some managers are more helpful than others. The hardest part of the job would be the time commitment Disney asks of you and the hours but if someone is looking for hours, depending on your location, they will give you hours. Also working weekends mostly is hard. Also for me the commute. The most enjoyable part is seeing the guests happy/
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Time commitment and long hours on weekends/ holidays mostly
Absolutely Horrid.
no way (Former Employee) –  Disney Vero Beach ResorJune 18, 2017
This is the worst place ever!!
Everyone works to get someone in trouble. Employee's Watch other employees at there job, instead of paying attention at there own work. The management wont help you if your not liked and if you don't believe what they believe, they will help you fail. After all they all pretend its what Disney does. The GEM is a Dictator, rules and policy's are a day by day thing, and they only apply to Certain people. it truly is NOT an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Some of the people are great.
Cons
Management needs to be cleaned out, Big time!!!
Cast Members Are Not Feeling the Magic
Guest Service Manager - Disneyland Hotel (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 18, 2017
I worked for The Walt Disney Company for almost 7 years. I saw a real future there until I realized how much precedence bureaucracy has over the daily operation.
Excellent
Customer Service Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 18, 2017
If youl are looking for magic... Disney really is magical. There are no dull moments and the time at work goes so fast that you wished you could stay there! I miss it so very much and hope to work there again some day!!!
Pros
Amazing work place
Cons
Shedules are a little crazy but you won't even notice
Good benefits
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Disneyland ResortJune 17, 2017
This is specific for work at Disney Parks and Resorts- a very fun and interesting environment with fun coworkers. The pay is not very good but you get good benefits ranging from health insurance if you qualify and free admission for guests into the parks. They value their cast members but it is hard to sustain a living on this job alone.
Fun job, should be paid more
Part Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 17, 2017
My opinion that they should pay more is not exclusive to Disney, I believe all customer service industry jobs should pay more. Also, retail is a very stressful and fast-paced job to work and is much more involved than it seems.
Nice Place
Account Analyst, Fixed Assets Department (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2017
Good Place to learn and build on skills. Many positions that are available to advance in other areas. I would recommend to look at the career site and get an idea if the job fit your skills before you apply.
Pros
Good Place to network
Cons
People aren't as friendly as you would think Disney should be.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 15, 2017
Really great place to work. At times it can get pretty overwhelming, especially during peak seasons, but overall I had a great experience working there. You meet all types of people from different backgrounds, which was really cool. Be advised that as part time cast members, you must be available to work special events during the week and must be fully available on weekends.
Quick Service Food and Beverage
Internship (communications) (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 14, 2017
Greeting my guests with a happy face and making the Disney experience memorable. I learned the importance of outstanding customer service. Working for the mouse is a awesome opportunity to start a career. There is so many people you can meet and all over the world. Even pick up another language while your at it. The best day is when making a magical moment for a birthday girl and everyone celebrate them. Once you start at Disney and you leave I promise you will miss it so much.
Pros
Free admission in the park ad a Disney Employee, Discounts on hotels
Cons
it can be too hot or too much rain in FL
A Day At Work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
A typical day included checking all vertical lift operations to ensure the all work correctly. Drive to assigned building and read plot sheet and begin "twinking" and plugging lights in to corresponding circuits.

I learned how to operate a vertical lift and many of Disney's core policies and procedures.

Management was great and easy to work with.

Hardest part of the job?

The hours were graveyard shifts. So sleeping in the Florida sun wasn't the easiest.

Most enjoyable part of the job?

The people I worked with.
Pros
Great pay, paid lunches, weekly pay, full benefits, 401k
Cons
Graveyard shifts
sweet and to the point.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
Very simple job with the day filled will sales and multiple task. If you are good a multi-tasking then this is the job for you. Also you have to sell a certain amount of the GAP Inc credit cards.
awesome place to work
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 13, 2017
Had a great time working for the mouse would go back in a heartbeat people were awesome to work with and will always enjoy my time there. they really made you feel part of something bigger that yourself.
Pros
benefits were awesome
Cons
parking was a bit ridiculous
Working with The Walt Disney Company can bee an exciting and educational time.
Disneyland Resort Store Operations, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 13, 2017
With The Walt Disney Company you get what you put in. While working at Disney I was able to participate in many events that allowed me to cross into other departments. I worked with many different people at all levels of the company and had so many experiences I will never forget. The Walt Disney Company, Resorts in particular, are known for their excellence in customer service, and rightfully so. As a Lead and Trainer in the Merchandise Department I was able to work closely with new and seasoned Cast Members to insure that these standards were being met, and to help inspire Cast Members to create Magic Moments every day.
What can I say, it was the hay day of the new Parks it was wonderful
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 13, 2017
The 15 years I worked for Disney was full of learning and enjoyment. Started as a temporary receptionist and work up the ranks. The company was always very fair but you are expected to perform at a higher level.
Amazing company to work for
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 13, 2017
The culture at Disney is great. It is an energetic place to work. Management is always willing to work with your schedule. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for hours at a time. the best part of the job is helping guests and having such an energetic work place.
Pros
Park tickets, Paid time off, discounts
Ok
Security II Host/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 13, 2017
It's a pretty based pay, you get paid weekly which is pretty cool. But the company does demand way too many stuff from you on your part, but if you need a job to barely get you by this would be it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2