The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

same as above
Staff Positions (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 17, 2014
same as above. Helped make a sleeping giant into largest entertainment company in the world
great work/life balance, but pay is below garment industry standard.
Creative Costuming (Former Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: no stress or no time lines like normal apparel manufacturers
Cons: low pay, hard to advance
Hardly anyone there has even worked in the garment industry or went to school for it and it's very frustrating.
A magical and internationally diverse employer!
Food and Beverage Hostess, Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free entry to disney parks, opportunities to learn new languages and interact with hundreds of guests each day
Cons: low hours and slow promotion process
Initially trained on back of house duties working in the 5 different shops, but quickly transferred to front of house cashier responsibilities. Built repertoire with guests by holding conversations and recognizing returning families and individuals, as well as creating magical moments for younger guests.

I learned how to interact with guests from all – more... over the world, whether it was just with silent smiles and gestures or practicing new languages, learning new words and phrases daily.

Management and co-workers were supportive and caring. Leaders were constantly around to interact with guests and solve any conflicts that arose.

The most rewarding part of my role was the high level of guest interaction. Being able to take a moment to converse with a guest, share in their good day, solve a problem or give them tips for the rest of their vacation always made my day. – less
Great Company, Long Hours
WDW College Program (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: long hours
l enjoyed my time in Florida working at Disney. It has been a great resume booster and results often in interviews thanks to my short time working here.

Management is very particular and protective of the Disney image and hours were long during the program.
Fun Place to Work
Reservationist (Former Employee), buena vista, mirmar flSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: not many hours available
While this is a fun place to work, there isn't a balance between work and home with family. It is much more stressful trying to get enough hours that isn't around the time children are home at night. Most weeks there wasn't many hours available.
MARKETING OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 8, 2014
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work- I have enjoyed my 15 1/2 years here.
Don't work here
Core Trainer (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 7, 2014
Takes all the fun of being with the public by finding things wrong that you are doing. Think you are going to advance in the company well think again. Worked hard on a project just to get yelled at for not communicating to the team while the rest of the area knows whats going on, not cool. Don't ever think this company is for its workers.
excellent company to work for
Retail Sales Hostess (Former Employee), lake buena vista, floridaSeptember 6, 2014
Working for Disney provided the unique opportunity for me to create magical memories for families and interact with guests from all around the world.
Great perks!
Global Infosec Risk Management (Current Employee), Celebration, FlSeptember 5, 2014
Being part of something magical is a definite value-add to any career.
3 Years at TWDC. Will there be more?
Principal Technical Specialist - DTSS (Current Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 4, 2014
Your management can really make or break your experience. As an entertainment giant, there are a lot of egos. I find many Managers and Directors lack proper managerial training.
Great Place
Certified Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Great Place to work

Definitely recommend
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great company
Retail Guest Service Manager- WSC Center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2014
It is a great culture and environment with high energy. It is always happy and fun to take care of the guests.
Excellent staff to work with, generous and prompt pay
Freelance Editor (Current Employee), homeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: strong working relationships, friendly staff
Cons: time crunch on deadlines
As a freelance editor, I've experienced quick and efficient communication with primary editors as well as clear job expectations. The most difficult part of the job is often quick turnarounds, which I don't mind but others might. Benefits of the jobs I receive include the opportunity to work with talented authors on a steady basis.
Bringing the "magic of disney" to the midwest, everyday
Account Executive (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2014
Pros: compensations, team spirit, out abily to help each other reach goals every month, without fail.
Cons: that they only have us 4 weeks notice that 23 stations throughout the country would be closing.
My time at Radio Disney Indy has been an amazing one to say the least. The positivity, the unbelievable team I was able to work with every day, our insurance was hands down the best I've had to date, learning out of the box thinking and management, and finding ways to make the job not feel like "work" was something we all worked hard to do.

The most – more... enjoyable part? Our free passes to any and all Disney resorts and our 15% commission along with a base salary that didn't require a "draw." Also my amazing team members.

Worst Part? When we were told that Radio Disney's throughout the country would be closing as of Sept 26th, 2015. – less
Magical workplace with opportunities to involve clients and/prospects to the #1 Entertainment Company in the World
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: having a great product to sell with a great brand that clients responded to, plus telling kids my boss is mickey mouse!
Cons: others preconcieved ideas of what we were and what we offered!
No day was a typical day at the company, we always had great opportunities within the company from Digital assets to offering a Captain America event! In addition we worked to involved the clients objectives with corporate initiative's that included healthy living, STEM education, and safety. Also, we helped clients messages get directly to their potential – more... clients which were normally Moms and families within a safe environment. I learned a lot about balancing the integrity of a huge brand and business development.

My coworkers are a great team and we really relied on each other for our individual strengths, including creativity, client outreach, community initiatives, integrated marketing, event planning, and digital marketing to help with clients objectives.

The hardest part of the job would have been getting clients to understand the product, because of the preconceived idea of what they thought "Disney" radio would sound like. Once we were past that, they understood the brand and who we appealed to, and how they might help their business. It became the best part of my job!!

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing events culminate successfully or seeing the client pleased as well as patrons with a healthy dose of the "Disney" magic!! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Central Valley, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no full time
I love working here, the people and the environment are ideal. As far as a part time job goes, this is about as good as it gets.
A great Life EXPERIENCE
Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 17, 2014
I am glad I did my college program. It was definitely magical!
The Mouse
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 17, 2014
Working for the mouse was fun, but moving up is a a challenge.
Fun, Friendly
Photopass Photographer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly, safe
Cons: heat/cold
After clocking in and getting my camera equipment I would get my first assignment typically photographing a character. I would work closely with the character and the attendant to provide a fun but efficient interaction for the guest. I would be assigned to different areas depending on who needed breaks and what I was trained for. When on the street – more... I became the character, joking and playing with the guests to get the best smiles for their photos. At the end of the day I would turn in my equipment and clock out. The best part of my job was working with the characters. They are fantastic and kids love them. Mickey in particular was the best. The hardest part was staying cool out on the street. The support managers would stop in to make sure our photos were uploading, we had good batteries, and plenty of water. The leaders would stop by every once in a while to let us know what we needed to do during specific events like the parades and fireworks. This expericence taught me a lot about the Walt Disney Company, more about the camera, and how to get the best photos. – less
Great company to work for!
Accounts Executive (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2014
Amazing company with incredible people! I loved the creative freedom and innovation that the company offered. I was able to build long lasting relationships with my clients while bringing the Disney magic to the Tampa Bay community.

1 2 3 4 5