The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

Great Customer Service standers experience
Grand Floridian Concierge (Former Employee), Orlando FlMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Go into the Parks for free
Cons: Long hours and never having Holiday off
The Walt Disney World is the world's most visited entertainment resort (with nearly 50 million visitors a year) located in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Covering over 30,000 acres (47 sq mi), it is the home to four theme parks, two water parks, 25 themed resorts boasting over 26,000 rooms, multiple spas, fitness centers, and marinas, 5 golf courses, 2 mini golf courses, a downtown shopping and entertainment district, a 220 acre sports complex, a wedding pavilion, it's own speedway, and much more.
Productive work
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
I learned a lot of new technologies and a lot of Disney patented technologies. I like the work ethic and culture. It is a really well-organized company
Great Company
Vacation Club Sales Guide (Current Employee), Celebration, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Great company that develops talent, and provides opportunities for those who want to work hard. An unusual variety of positions, providing employees variety within their careers, under the same corporate umbrella.
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
Food and Beverage Lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: easy overworking
Easy to move up and move around if the talent and drive is present, difficult to challenge authority and process if it's already set in stone. Benefits take time to get (sometimes unfairly obtained), but difficult work can lead to problems with health if you're not careful (easily overworked).
Great experience
Digital Producer (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 21, 2015
Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers. Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.Learned a lot from working here, really great co-workers.
good place to work
Senior Manager, Global Sourcing (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 19, 2015
good place to work, not much room for advancement. you can work 20 years for Disney without any advancement in your career.
Retail Guest Service Manger (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great benefit package, many perks
Cons: periodic long hour work weeks
I was able to start at the Walt Disney Company as a college intern and move up to a more advanced internship within the Animal Programs area at Animal Kingdom. Through hard work and diligence I was able to move up into retail management and enjoyed my times in this position for several years. I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a chance to broaden your horizons.
loved working here during my internship
Fastpass Plus Kiosk Host (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 19, 2015
I did the Disney college program while I was still in school. It was a great experience. I was able to learn about networking and meeting new people.
Great environment. Excellent co-workers.
SOLUTIONS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
It's a great place to learn new technologies. People are extremely help and it helps foster a fantastic team environment.
Fun place to work
VIP Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 15, 2015
Fun place to work, although you are working while others play it is still an overall enjoyable and learning environment.
A fun place to Work.
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere and fun people.
Cons: low pay, no work life balance
This is a fun place to work. The cast members are what make this company great and the experience for our guest great. There are lots of different opportunities to be had if you know where to place yourself and have great mentors like I have. Unfortunately the pay is not up to standards for the cost of living especially if you have a family to support. I enjoy going to work each and every day however you find yourself spending more time at work and picking up overtime in order to make a decent salary. Work/life suffers greatly from this. Even many office and technical positions require you to work odd hours and on holidays as it's an entertainment company and it never closes.
Positive work environment
DTSS- Procurement Center of Excellence member (Current Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 8, 2015
A typical work day starts with reviewing the shared email inbox for new shopping cart /PO requests. Team members dividing them among themselves. Reviewing my SAP consolidated inbox for invoices to be processed. Follow-up with any AP issues. Organize the work flow for the day and process all request/payments within the Procurment Center of Excellence timeframe.
Photopass Photographer
Photographer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 8, 2015
This job was fun to do all the interactions with people where amazing and great. Although my coworkers where not the best of people to work with and there was no room for advancement in the company.
poor work environment
children activitys at the polynesian resort (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: leadership could be better
I enjoyed working for Disney, but due to poor leadership the work environment was hostel. But I enjoy my job and the guest service I provide, the benefits are very good.
Maybe not the happiest place on earth?
Guest Services, Merchandiser. (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free food, super cool management, friendly people.
Cons: not enough hours, uncomfortable costumes
Working here can be fun, it just depends on your situation in life. If youre in need of a job now and need alot of hours, this place isnt typically right for you.

It is filled with alot of people and fun people, but this job requires you to be dedicated to them more than your own life.
Interesting place to work
VIP Tour Guide (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free admission
Cons: pay
In order to do well at Disneyland, you have to LOVE it. People stay working at Disneyland because they love it and not because of the pay. The perks far outweigh the monetary compensation. You must be happy to make slightly more than minimum wage to work there.
The Disney Dream
Disney Destinations, Internet Sales Intern (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lunches, events, free entry to parks, discount, fun work
I love working for the Walt Disney Company, it is a place I hope to work again in the future. It is an amazing environment full of great people and great topics/environment. Every project was very much enjoyable because everyone has so much passion for the brand. For this role, I would help audit 3rd party Travel Agents websites and provide feedback and recommendations based on my findings. I would also read optimization reports based on Disney Ad placements. My co workers were awesome, the nicest people in the world. The hardest part of this job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of this job are the friendships, experiences, opportunities, and being able to create Magic at work.
Good first job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 2, 2015
I have been there for some time and enjoy my co-workers and for the most part the job, but there are times where it can get stressful.
Ups and Downs
Food Prep (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: part-time gets free park admission and merchandise and hotel discounts, full-time get medical and dental benefits on top of part-time perks
Cons: lack of management presence, work schedule always changes unless you fight for consistency, barely any work/life balance once you're full-time
Perks and benefits of working for the company are pretty good. You get to meet a lot of different people and learn about the company. Working in the parks has its ups and downs, but you can be assured there's never a dull day.

Management is not always there when you need them and getting a consistent schedule is always an uphill battle. If you're full-time, getting vacation and time off is a little easier, but good luck doing that as a part-timer. Seniority means nothing as new hires that are not in the Disney College Program will sometimes get priority over Cast Members that have been around much longer. When I hired in, I was consistently getting 30+ hours a week while Cast Members who have been working before I came along were lucky to get even 10. Didn't find that fair at all.
It was a great place to work at
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Burbank, CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2015
It was a great place to work at. Co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Great Work/Life Balance. Room for movement was very limited.

1 2 3 4 5