The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Strong CEO
Senior Financial Analyst- Planning & Strategy (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Disney is a large company so you can move around.
Cons: New York office is very small.
Strong CEO and executive leadership. Unfortunately, until you pave your way through the ranks, you will deal with lots of poor leaders.
A Magic Factory
Lead Copywriter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, lots of food, cheap commissary
Cons: Little advancement, cramped offices
Yes, it's Disney. But all that means is pictures of Mickey Mouse everywhere. It's still a HUGE corporation whose goal is to make money, like any other job.

Sadly, any chance to "shine" will go unnoticed because there are simply too many people involved in any given project.

Also, their policy of hiring contract workers only and then MAYBE converting them to full time in 18 months is weak.

My boss was very nice but also too old for his job and very forgetful.

Also- beware project managers. Some are great but some can- and will- mess with you and do things you did not sign off on to make deadlines. I found that last one the most troublesome.
Good Job
Operations Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 21, 2015
My time at the post office was fine. I made many friends and had a lot of freedom to perform my job to the best of my ability, and do things my way.
Fun Place to work at!
QSR Cashier and Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 20, 2015
To be able to create magical moments with guests was my favorite part, being part of the show I love so much. Also the interaction with cast members from other areas is very exciting for me, networking in The Walt Disney Company is one of the best things that the company has.
Great place to work for executive
Director, Legal Affairs (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent corporate philosophy
Cons: Job security
A great place to work so long as you are a Director or above. Otherwise, you are a clog in a massive wheel. Great benefits and opportunities to transfer to other parts of a massive conglomerate.
Fun Fun Fun
Construction and landscaping (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 17, 2015
Maintained all landscape and Construction duties, enjoyed working outside regularly. If you don't like humidity don't apply as you will be outside everyday for 10 hrs daily.
Working here is amazing
College Program Internship (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Magic moments with guests, free passes for family and friends
Cons: long hours, low pay
Working here usually consists of helping guest that is the main idea of Walt Disney World, I learned all about guest recovery and guest customer service I would say I learned the skills to adhere to any problem or situation a guest would have. The management specifically in my area was not the best, I had tried to reach out to them to further my career and they were semi-helpful. The hardest part of the job is long hours I had to work sometimes until 5 a.m. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the magic you get to make for guests. It is amazing the people you met and love you feel for the guests after you have helped them and talked to them for a while. Overall this is a great place to work the people I work with made me love my location. The worst thing about the job is the pay rate is not very high for the amount of work you do.
Meeting people from all over the world, Made many children's vacation a happy one, Seeing the children's faces were priceless
Cruise Line Youth Activities Counselor (Former Employee), Port Canaveral FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Meeting people from all over the world and putting smiles on a lot of children's faces
Cons: Contracts were 4 1/2 Months. Being away from family was very hard
I worked onboard the Disney Dream as a Youth Activities Counselor.
Worked with approximately 200 children (ages 3-12) each day
Cruise terms were 3 and 4 days in length
Monitored the following “Oceaneer Lab” Activities: Media Lounge, Explorers’ Room, Sound Studio Craft Studio, Animators’ Studio, The Wheelhouse, Interactive Magic Play Floor
Rotated in each room on a half hour basis
Experience with serving lunch/dinner; knowledge of food allergies was vital
Assisted with entertainment and interactive play activities
Gained experience at front desk; growth in computer skills and parent communication
Conflict resolution with children and families
Benefits
Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 11, 2015
Flexible schedule and great benefits. I enjoy working for Disney, great opportunity for advancements. Friendly and great co-workers, enjoy every aspect of my current role.
Great place to be on vacation and work.
Front Desk/Concierge (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: Park tickets, discounts
Cons: not enough pay for the job
A typical day at my job is checking in/out guests and making sure their vacation is magical.
I have learned that being friendly is no harder than being unhappy.
The management has alot to learn, but all in all, people can be rewarded for being a good employee.
My coworkers treat you the same as if you were the same age. They don't look at me as an older person, except for advice.
The hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on your face when you are being beaten up by a guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all over the world.
Great if you love the Disney brand
Graphic Designer, Parks and Resorts (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great product.
Cons: Politic, low pay.
People work there hold huge pride as part of the Disney family. Even people remotely related to Disney call themselves Disney employee.
Upside is it leads to great product. Everyone proud with what they do, how they contributed to the final product/guest experience = Great final product. Down side is it leads to HUGE internal competition. Make it very hard to move up the ladder. Internal promotion often happen at hourly level jobs. At "salary" level jobs they always want to look for "new idea" so tend to bring outside people in which has its ups and downs.
Another down side is SUPER HEAVY politic. Many layers of approval and way too many cooks in the kitchen. The "timely" factor is almost completely gone. Top leadership do realize this problem and trying to fix it but it is hard to ask people to give up their "power" (being part of the "approval team").

Decent work life balance, especially if you are a Disney fan. You will have fun because you always deal with cute, heart felt stories and products. Company culture also encourage work life balance. However, for my case. I often work 50+ hr weeks. May be just my job nature.

Compensation - below market - quite sure.

Job Security - if you are hourly level. Quite secure because they mostly will just cut your hours. Expensive to train replacement. If you do good work, you are secure because you most likely work below market price.

Management - Too many of them. General got a very narrow vision. Lack of trust to their team. There are some good leaders around but definitely not enough.

Job culture - there are people work there for over 30+ yrs, some are great leaders and historian. Some think the younger generation need to do their time in order to get up.
No chance of advancement
Guest Relations Hostess and Resort Ambassador (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Family sign-ins
Cons: everything
Safety of employees is not a matter of concern at all. We get assaulted, verbally and physically. Security is not even called out by the supervisors. Very time consuming for very little pay, they require employees to make them their number one priority, yet do nothing for employees in return. The only way to move up in the company is to know someone in a high place. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Even if a potential candidate is overly qualified for higher up positions, they don't stand a chance if they're not "popular". Very clickish and immature, High-School like environment.
Guest Services Core Trainer
Guest Services Core Trainer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Learned how to manage training team
Cons: The hourly rate
• Core Trainer develops the training content and all preparation for new hires and cross training
• Schedule review for the department to ensure that all positions are covered and individuals have the proper job knowledge for the designated position
• Responsible for all schedule changes in regards to staffing and training
• Interviews and mentors potential trainers and current trainers
• Core trainer is the Leader of all supervisors for the department
• Responsible for cross training of over 100 Cast Members
o Concierge Greeter
o Concierge Lounge
• Craftsman’s Club at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
• E-Ticket Lounge at The Disneyland Hotel
Internship that had an okay experience
Undergraduate Associate, Monitoring Operations (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 24, 2015
Internship had nice perks like free theme park tickets and random events on the studio lot but very corporate culture. There is no room for growth and compensation is low.
Great Company to work for
Project Coordinator/administrative assistant (Current Employee), Burbank, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very political
The days are long and the work load is intense. The people are wonderful and management is average. What I like about the company is the creative culture and the innovative work spaces. Disney is always one step ahead of it's completion which brings pride in working for the company.
A great workplace
Tri-Circle D Ranch cast member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Disney cast appreciation parties
Cons: uncertain schedules
A typical day at the Tri-Circle D Ranch is unlike any other department at Walt Disney World. We get to interact with guests all day all while enjoying the company of the amazing horses that live there. Duties can include such things as giving pony rides to small children or trail rides for the adults, private carriage rides to small groups or public wagon rides for the larger groups or getting escorted to your wedding in style on Cinderella's carriage. The Disney family atmosphere is such an amazing thing to be a part of. The hardest part of my job I would say would be having to work outside in the grueling summer heat of Florida but everything is well worth it when you get to work around the animals that you love and make magical moments for each and every guest.
Restaurant Guest Service Manager
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaApril 21, 2015
Incredible experience. The WDC is at the forefront in every industry it enters. In this role, the primary goal is ensuring the company's world-class service standards are met. You must also provide this level of service to all cast members.
Productive,
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2015
I learn many things but the things I learned the most is,how to manage different personalities, and how to do multiple tasks
fun place to work
character performer (Former Employee), orlando,flApril 16, 2015
Pros: awesome people
Cons: horrible management
i was a character performer so did meet and greets and parades
also flew aroundf the castle was all the short characters and learned very good people skills
Great place to learn
Senior Corporate Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Burbank, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: You can be excited about the products you support and help bring to the world.
Cons: Salary leaves something to be desired
Disney is a great place to grow professionally and allows individuals to get exposed to multiple industries without ever needing to leave the company.

1 2 3 4 5