The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,504 reviews matching the search
Disney
CIO at Consumer Products (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 26, 2017
Love working at Disney, great company. I don't really want to review my current company, just want to see what other options/jobs are out there. Always good to keep options open.
Pros
great compnay
not a great place to work at
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 25, 2017
I contracted for ten years and they used a third party to pay my salary to avoid paying taxes to the government and avoid paying health care, while at the same time they show the world they are fair and equal.
Pros
Cons
many
Relaxed environment that values work/life balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2017
Like any large company, your experience at Disney is highly dependent on which group you work for and especially your manager. Early on in my career here, my manager was burdened with wearing three hats: selling our group's services to other segments of Disney, doing release planning, and being the product owner. Over the past couple years, they've been divvying that role up more, which has helped, but there are still managers that have too much work and too few resources here. In addition, QA is a bit of a problem, since they aren't willing to pay for enough QA engineers and often don't budget enough time for the developers to fully QA a product. They are just getting to cloud deployments and automating the testing of many of the products developed here.

Your benefits will be the typical benefits for a company this size, except that you will have to travel down to California to take advantage of most of the park/merchandise and local discounts. Expect the pay not to be as competitive as other places, that's not their main focus, and expect promotions to happen at a slower pace. The vacation is nice, and the groups I have been with have been very flexible in terms of when you are allowed to take them.
Pros
Work life balance is excellent, bagel wednesdays are nice, free movie screenings
Cons
QA testing, direct management can be a bit overwhelmed
The ABSOLUTE BEST working environment of my entire career!
Design Engineer / Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2017
The pleasure I received for completing the migration project for the Walt Disney Company is literally something that cannot be understated. It redefined what working and living life meant for me, and there would have to be many words said to fully encompass the absolutely amazing working environment at TWDC!
Pros
Amazing freedom, low stress, great respect
Cons
I can't think of any. Perhaps that the project ended?
loved the company , but the pay was awful
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805July 24, 2017
I worked here over 10 years and the growth opportunities were so hard to come by, and even if you did grow your salary never did. a typical day in the call center was like high school, micro managed and drama in the workplace.
management was kinda a joke most of the time, always out on FMLA or on powertrips.
The culture of course I loved though! the hardest part of the job was people and pay which is why I left.
Pros
disney perks sign-ins and good benefits
Cons
pay and micromanaged
fast paced, fun, and exciting.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 24, 2017
Working in the kitchen at the House of Blues when it was still in Downtown Disney was always an adventure. I remember I used to work the fry station for restaurant and music hall. The orders would come in by the dozens(I was nick named the beast), I would knock out restaurant and music hall orders with ease. I learned how to manage all the stations on the line with the help of my co workers to teach me . I loved working under my managers because they always encouraged the best out of me. The House of Blues was a music filled festival of never ending excitement and motivation. The hardest part of my job was honestly having to go home at the end of the night, it was like a second home to me.
Pros
free break meals
Guest Experience Manager
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Walt Disney World Resort, FLJuly 24, 2017
There is a big divide between mid level management and senior management at Disney. The guests and casts are often fantastic, however upper management does not communicate efficiently and makes rash decisions based solely on finances.
Greatest opportunity
Full-Time & Seasonal Cast Member/Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
greatest opportunity for growth as a person and employee. Those who work hard have opportunities to move up. Can easily change positions across the company. Overall great company to have on a resume.
Trabajo en Walt Disney Company
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 23, 2017
Hay horarios flexibles que se puede intercambiar con tus compañeros, los gerentes son accesibles cuando existe alguna duda o problema. La movilidad está incluida y los pagos son muy buenos. Dependiendo de tu jornada del día, te dan más o menos descansos cada dos horas. Siempre hay alguien que te puede guiar en tu trabajo.
Pros
Flexibilidad de horarios, grato ambiente de trabajo, beneficios en los parques, movilidad incluida
Cons
Largas horas de pie
Best place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2017
Environment of the job was pleasant, fun, no stress. Management team was awesome, Great chance for advancement, benefits were the BEST !!! Always had fun with the cast and guest. How could you not be happy working at the Greatest Place
Great for anyone.
Park Operations/Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
A good place to learn a lot of people skills and support related issues. Depending on how focused you are on moving up the ladder you can move up in the company pretty fast if you work hard enough.
The Mouse
ESPN Zone Denver - Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2017
Working for "The Mouse" is a unique experience. They set the bar pretty high in customer service standards and expectations. The now defunct ESPN Zone was a part of the Parks and Resorts Division but operated under the same standards. It was a lot of fun to work here.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
High Expecations
Fun work place awesome management..
Quality Control Inspector/Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  4795 Imagination Dr Memphis TNJuly 20, 2017
Everyone was treated as a boss,no one job was more important than the next because it took the team to be successful. Pleasant work place great benefits health care benefits just awesome. Best management team ever.
Pros
Opportunities to move up quickly, all the overtime you wanted.
Cons
Great health care, employees stock shares.
Fun workplace to interact with people from all over the world of all ages.
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work is helping out guest and interacting with guest to make their visit to their resort a pleasant one. Its fun being able to make magic for guest and just learn about other families daily struggles. The management is great, they are always there for you when you need someone to talk to or when you need any type of help.
Great company
Corporate Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for! A lot of great people in the company which I think is what makes it great. Would highly recommend it if you love Disney!!!!!
Pros
Disney passes
Awesome
DIGITAL PHOTO IMAGING PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
It's Disney after all...Its the most awesome company I've worked for. Recommend it for everyone who lives in the Orlando area. It is fun and you can adjust your schedule as needed.
Fun brand to work for
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 19, 2017
Company will sacrifice you to save a buck. WDW is currently targeting long term cast members that have the company pension program. They are increasing job responsibilities so that the individual can no long meet the expectations then forcing the person out of the company along with their pension savings. This saves the company a lot of money.
Pros
Great brand and team members
Cons
Leadership will not stand by you, No longer value long term employees
I recommend this job to those who love to make people happy.
Cast Member (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed going to work every day. I was able to make guest smile by making magical happen on a daily basis. The management style was very well planned. We always knew what to do and how to do it. If we have any questions all we had to do was ask and someone was always willing to help.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
College program
Food and Beverage Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Would highly suggest to anyone in college who needs a break from school , money and something nice on your resume. I loved the people I worked with here and I loved my home when I was part of it. I only say I disliked a few managers here and there and a constant rush but I miss it everyday. I highly suggest going for it.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long hours, angry customers, poor leadership at some points
I would not have left Disney but our center was outsourced.
Castmember- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 16, 2017
At Disney Direct Marketing we were a call center that handled the Disney Catalog, Disneystore.com, Disney Movie Collection, Disney Club and took dining reservations for restaurants at Walt Disney World. The office was enjoyable to work in and many of us had no plans to leave until our center was outsourced.
Benefits
Cons
Closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2