The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,184 reviews matching the search
Great Location to work
Garden Grill Host and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Other than being able to interact with guests every work day, your days off include free entry to any of the parks. The overall experience was incredible, and the only reason I won't go back is the distance from family.
traveling was not for me
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 23, 2017
a typical day at work was crushing ice setting up sale stand getting inventory i learned customer service and people skills the workplace was different every week the hardest part of job was running with snow cones on head the most enjoyable was making people smile
Pros
free hotel and transportation
Cons
away from home for months no breaks
really great work
Radio DJ (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
The time there was a blast. I really enjoyed myself and the work there definitely set me up for success when I joined the military. I would definitely work for Disney again if I had the opportunity.
Creative entertainment company with a variety of divisions.
Financial Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for Disney in both Finance and Accounting. I found it challenging, exciting, and creative. In 19 years, I was never bored! There are always new lines of business, new acquisitions, and new directions. The company is demanding and I worked very hard. The perks include free passes to the parks, deep discounts on merchandise, an excellent Commuter Assistance program, and challenging opportunities. The benefits are good, although the salaries are not high.
Pros
Good benefits, great perks. A globally loved brand.
Cons
Low salaries, difficulty in work/life balance, little opportunity for advancement.
Disney Reservation Center review
Sales Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
This was no doubt my favorite place to work. Had to leave due to unfortunate circumstance. The management and staff were very friendly, Easy to get along with. Always there for you if you need help. Not really hard part the job if you stick to quality control questions and you know something about Disney so that you can build that trust with those potential guests on the phone so that they will purchase from you.
Pros
Free entrance to the parks
Animal Kingdom Management
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Management was barely every around. In Animal Kingdom there were 4 area managers for Discovery Island and whenever you needed them they were never around.
Pros
On Site Cafeteria
Cons
Short Breaks, Break Room Far Away
I love this company so much.
College Program Merchandise Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2017
The disney college program changed my life. i was given so many awesome opportunities and i couldn't have been happier working here. this place is an amazing place to work.
Great Place to work
Internet Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A great place to start a career or need a transition. They take care of their employees. Work life balance is maintained. Benefits package work in your favor and just not the company's.
Challenging, exciting and a dream place to work.
Seater - Front of House, Non-Tipped. (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLFebruary 19, 2017
Due to the conditions of my employment being a cultural exchange program, there were many restrictions and conditions of my employment. However, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that taught me the ins-and-outs of the hospitality and tourism industries. Some days I would work 6 hour shifts and other days I would work up to 13 hours. In this particular role I would start work at 4pm and sometimes not finish until 3 or 4am. I worked with people from many different countries and cultures, who ranged from 18 to in their 60s.
The guests were sometimes the hardest, but also the most enjoyable part of the job. Sometimes they would cause some drama for the restaurant, however working at Disney World provides you with the opportunity to create magic for guests, which in turn creates magic for you as a cast member.
The best way to explain this job was memorable and magical.
Pros
Free entry to theme parks, meeting many like-minded people.
Cons
Long and late hours, minimum wage.
Perks not worth the pay/management
Live Chat Service Agent & eCommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The perks of discounts in the parks, hotels, and free admission seemed perfect at first, but then several months later the promise of fast growth and advancement is still empty. It's easy to get stuck in a position. Management is not supportive of cast and management doesn't have knowledge of the field, so their assistance is often more confusing than helpful. Pay is extremely low for the work that is expected of cast.
Okay place to work
ATTRACTIONS HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Little opportunity for advancement, not very good hours, very strict, guests are impatient and rude but coworkers are inclusive and friendly, direct leads are generally down to earth. It doesn't pay well and you won't get many hours but if you love disney and love people then you'll have fun.
Pros
easily accessible food trucks and cafes for cast members, free park entry, limited sign ins for friends and family, discount on merchandise
Cons
difficult to advance, difficult to obtain full time, pays minimum wage
Fun workplace
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Disney is much like anywhere else. Do your job, everything they ask and you will be fine. Positive coworker relations are a hidden requirement for the job. Attendance and tardiness policies are strictly enforced so don't be late or absent.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 16, 2017
You must know all about the Disney Company, your job is to created the magic of Disney and still do the rest of the work. A typical day is know your store goals and created a plan on how you will make happen, like any other retail company you can survive without achieving last year numbers or goal.
Pros
You get free passes to DisneyLand
Cons
There was not any
Sitter/setter (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2017
Good company and a challenging place for its always so busy everyday
The managers are helpful and do their best to have the guests happy
My mostly parts of working at Walt Disney World was singing and playing the drums with the kids,face painting,print painting and interacting with the guests and sharing my culture
Pros
Offers lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Super fun and fast paced
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Loved working here not only for the benefits but you actually have fun working. The happiness is contagious and the culture is strong and enforced. I like the communication with management and teams. Clear instructions and everyone helping each other.You can even see the ceo working by your side at times, it's an awesome company regardless of how big it is, it focuses on employees and making the customer happy.
Pros
HAPPINESS. CAFETERIA, BENEFITS, MANAGEMENT, BREAKS, CULTURE, TRAINING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Opportunity of a lifetime thats full of surprises
Merchandise Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Making magic for the guests is the only thing typical about a day in the life of Disney and that has to be the best part of being a cast member- meeting so many interesting guests each day.
There seems to be some inconsistencies with leadership and their team support.
Scheduling- or lack of- may be a work culture change for some, especially for anyone accustomed to regular work hours.
Pros
The people. Meeting guests from all over the world and bonds made with fellow cast members.
Cons
Communication and area training
Largest Disney Store in the World
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Walt Disney World was a dream come true. I was able to sharpen my skills as a retail worker and create magical moments for our guest. I always felt welcomed and encouraged to try my best every day. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my guest find the things they need and finding out more about them in the process.
The world's best example of guest service!
Regional Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2017
~ The finest years of my personal career were spent with The Walt Disney Company
~ Management involved in every level of growth and development
~ Exceptional opportunities to advance in career
~ Outstanding reward and recogntion
Pros
Extremely positive and encouraging environment
Cons
The field hours require great flexibility
Open kitchen working five different restaurant out of one kitchen
Line cook in show kitchen/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Started with prep each day and than set up stations for night shift.
Open kitchen working five different restaurants out of one kitchen. Could not leave work station during operating hours of kitchen. Management was strict. Learned a lot of new food preparation skills.
Learned to use lots of new equipment. Focused on food rather than clean at end of night. They had cleaning crew come in at night to clean stations and kitchen.
Pros
benefits and experience
Cons
long work hours without leaving show kitchen. Couldn't leave to wash hands or go to restroom.
Wonderland of creativity
Sr. Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Wonderland of creativity, and the most nurturing employer on earth. Some of the best management and executives I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2