The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,366 reviews matching the search
Great culture
Social Media/Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2017
Love working here. Getting to spread magic and work for Mickey Mouse makes me happy every day, despite challenges (such as the expectation from external audiences that everything we do has to be perfect). To work here, you must enjoy being part of a large company--it's difficult to move up, there are lots of barriers to implementing new projects, but it's exciting to be part of something so big.
Magical
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 27, 2017
My experience was short lived, but i thoroughly enjoyed every moment!

Everyone up to upper management down to the custodial staff were all so pleasant to be around!
Flexible hours
no overtime, but you can work as much as your hearts desire.
Great place to work.
Musician/ Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. High rating for efficiency and safety. The company is the best with their entertainment offerings. Great working hours, resources, tools, benefits, support. Great management.
Pros
Clean
fun environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 26, 2017
A nice retail job where your main focus is make others love Disney. Management are not too concerned with sales but they will make sure everyone is super helpful and friendly to the guest.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
pays very little
Good job
Picker, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2017
My day at work was good everyday for the most part. I learned how to be productive and i also loved the work site and i was trained very well to do my job productively.
Watch your six
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Disneyland, CAMay 25, 2017
Started off as a great place to work. It may still be, but they cut my 18 mo. contract after only 8 mo. They called me on my cell after working hours were over for the day and said, "Today is your last day." I had personal items in the office. They cited all the BS corporate reasons; a new direction, things have changed, etc, but the handwriting was on the wall.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Slow and ponderous work environment. Everything takes forever.
Great Experience
Full-time performer position in Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 25, 2017
Fast-paced and extremely rewarding. Hands on no matter which department you work in. Convenient wherever you live because property is within 20 minutes of nearly everywhere.
Fun place to work
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Learned to work with guests and help them in their purchasing experience. Most being from other countries made this an interesting learning.
Enjoyed working with people.
Walt disney company
Cashier, Lead, Head line cook (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 24, 2017
Was a great company to work for. I liked the company and its benefit. The people that worked there and the management team. i would recommend this company to any one that apply.
Not for everyone
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
If you're hoping to move up, this is a difficult company to do it in due to competition. If you're looking to for experience for a future job elsewhere, Disney will definitely help with that.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor pay for work
fun
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
nice fun cool place to work loved it easy to move up in the company great vibes and help full management lots of opportunity the worst thing is when you get bad guest
Fun
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 22, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney Company is great. Working in foods is not. My managers were the greatest and some where not. Depending on your location I think that matters.
Disney
Attractions Host and Relief Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 22, 2017
Disney was amazing. I worked a few different places at Disney but I have to say I always had a great time. From making families vacations better and just helping other cast memebres through the day was amazing.
Magical place of work
Intern/Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Nothing beats the magic of DIsney, it was fun, inviting and simply magical. The most enjoyable part was free entry to any disney park and the perks and benefits of being a disney cast member.
Pros
free park entry
Cons
low wage
Best job I ever had
Disney College Program Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Working at Disney was a great experience. I worked in Magic Kingdom and I found that the cast members are treated very well. We often got free food and snacks at work, always had something exciting going on and a lot of the guests were fun to talk to. My favorite part of the job was "making magic" and getting to make peoples vacations better.
Pros
free annual pass and free tickets for hours worked
Fun place to work!
MERCHANDISE HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at WDW. My managers were very supportive and helped me learn new skills within a few months of working there. I wish that my schedule was more consistent, it was difficult to have a life outside of work.
The Place That Granted Me My Destiny
DCP INTERN & CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
The Walt Disney Company has a reputation of making dreams a reality. Therefore, they helped me shape mine. I'm very grateful to have worked for a company with culture, heritage, history and reputation that I've cherished since childhood.
Pros
Great Company, Good Experience, Intro to Real World Living
Cons
N/a
Love working with public and a happy place to be
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
Working for Disney is a job either love or hate. You need to understand the Disney magic and embrace it. Everything is explained the the expectations are high.
Pros
Great perks
Disney College Program
Disney College Program / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2017
I took place in the Disney College Program and was given a housekeeping position. It was a very fast paced environment and cast members were held to a very high standard. However, it was still a very fun experience.
Definitely my favorite place to work
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
WOW. There are no other words to describe this company. They give you amazing benefits and wonderful hours. The best part of the job is making magic for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2