The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,177 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Internet Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A great place to start a career or need a transition. They take care of their employees. Work life balance is maintained. Benefits package work in your favor and just not the company's.
Challenging, exciting and a dream place to work.
Seater - Front of House, Non-Tipped. (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLFebruary 19, 2017
Due to the conditions of my employment being a cultural exchange program, there were many restrictions and conditions of my employment. However, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that taught me the ins-and-outs of the hospitality and tourism industries. Some days I would work 6 hour shifts and other days I would work up to 13 hours. In this particular role I would start work at 4pm and sometimes not finish until 3 or 4am. I worked with people from many different countries and cultures, who ranged from 18 to in their 60s.
The guests were sometimes the hardest, but also the most enjoyable part of the job. Sometimes they would cause some drama for the restaurant, however working at Disney World provides you with the opportunity to create magic for guests, which in turn creates magic for you as a cast member.
The best way to explain this job was memorable and magical.
Pros
Free entry to theme parks, meeting many like-minded people.
Cons
Long and late hours, minimum wage.
Perks not worth the pay/management
Live Chat Service Agent & eCommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The perks of discounts in the parks, hotels, and free admission seemed perfect at first, but then several months later the promise of fast growth and advancement is still empty. It's easy to get stuck in a position. Management is not supportive of cast and management doesn't have knowledge of the field, so their assistance is often more confusing than helpful. Pay is extremely low for the work that is expected of cast.
Okay place to work
ATTRACTIONS HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Little opportunity for advancement, not very good hours, very strict, guests are impatient and rude but coworkers are inclusive and friendly, direct leads are generally down to earth. It doesn't pay well and you won't get many hours but if you love disney and love people then you'll have fun.
Pros
easily accessible food trucks and cafes for cast members, free park entry, limited sign ins for friends and family, discount on merchandise
Cons
difficult to advance, difficult to obtain full time, pays minimum wage
Fun workplace
Merchandise Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Disney is much like anywhere else. Do your job, everything they ask and you will be fine. Positive coworker relations are a hidden requirement for the job. Attendance and tardiness policies are strictly enforced so don't be late or absent.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 16, 2017
You must know all about the Disney Company, your job is to created the magic of Disney and still do the rest of the work. A typical day is know your store goals and created a plan on how you will make happen, like any other retail company you can survive without achieving last year numbers or goal.
Pros
You get free passes to DisneyLand
Cons
There was not any
Sitter/setter (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2017
Good company and a challenging place for its always so busy everyday
The managers are helpful and do their best to have the guests happy
My mostly parts of working at Walt Disney World was singing and playing the drums with the kids,face painting,print painting and interacting with the guests and sharing my culture
Pros
Offers lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Super fun and fast paced
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Loved working here not only for the benefits but you actually have fun working. The happiness is contagious and the culture is strong and enforced. I like the communication with management and teams. Clear instructions and everyone helping each other.You can even see the ceo working by your side at times, it's an awesome company regardless of how big it is, it focuses on employees and making the customer happy.
Pros
HAPPINESS. CAFETERIA, BENEFITS, MANAGEMENT, BREAKS, CULTURE, TRAINING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Opportunity of a lifetime thats full of surprises
Merchandise Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Making magic for the guests is the only thing typical about a day in the life of Disney and that has to be the best part of being a cast member- meeting so many interesting guests each day.
There seems to be some inconsistencies with leadership and their team support.
Scheduling- or lack of- may be a work culture change for some, especially for anyone accustomed to regular work hours.
Pros
The people. Meeting guests from all over the world and bonds made with fellow cast members.
Cons
Communication and area training
Largest Disney Store in the World
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Walt Disney World was a dream come true. I was able to sharpen my skills as a retail worker and create magical moments for our guest. I always felt welcomed and encouraged to try my best every day. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my guest find the things they need and finding out more about them in the process.
The world's best example of guest service!
Regional Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2017
~ The finest years of my personal career were spent with The Walt Disney Company
~ Management involved in every level of growth and development
~ Exceptional opportunities to advance in career
~ Outstanding reward and recogntion
Pros
Extremely positive and encouraging environment
Cons
The field hours require great flexibility
Open kitchen working five different restaurant out of one kitchen
Line cook in show kitchen/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Started with prep each day and than set up stations for night shift.
Open kitchen working five different restaurants out of one kitchen. Could not leave work station during operating hours of kitchen. Management was strict. Learned a lot of new food preparation skills.
Learned to use lots of new equipment. Focused on food rather than clean at end of night. They had cleaning crew come in at night to clean stations and kitchen.
Pros
benefits and experience
Cons
long work hours without leaving show kitchen. Couldn't leave to wash hands or go to restroom.
Wonderland of creativity
Sr. Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Wonderland of creativity, and the most nurturing employer on earth. Some of the best management and executives I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great management
Magic is tricky stuff
PRINCIPLE RIDE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 10, 2017
The Disney legacy sets a very high bar in terms of expectations regarding creativity, innovation and customer experience. I loved going to work there enough that the typical which arise from strong talented people not always seeing eye-to-eye were more entertaining than challenging. That being said, its best to remember that making magic is a blend of reality and illusion which requires trust and a suspension of disbelief. Like any other company there is good and bad in the mix. Fortunately, the bigger goal and Walt's legacy usually wins out over the long haul.

The only other company I can compare Disney to fairly would be Apple Computer, for whom I worked for ten years. I would have loved also working for Disney for ten years.
Pros
If you love Disney, you'll love working for Disney.
Cons
Sometimes the line between reality and illusion can get blurred.
Fun and Positive Work Experience
Custodial Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Disney is a great company that believes in its reliance on using people to make their magic a reality. While it is a more traditional company it is also one of the most revolutionary
Pros
Fun environment, positive people
Cons
Must be available all holidays and weekends
Always a pleasure to work in the beauty industry
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Sephora Downtown DisneyFebruary 9, 2017
Always a pleasure to work in the beauty industry. it has been and will continue to be my desire to meet the needs of the public in terms of skin, cosmetic and haircare
Pros
utilizing artistic and leadership skills
Cons
I would have loved to recieve more working hours
the best job ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
i love working at Disney, the joy of that place was like no other. I learn so much from that company, in those years i was there i worked in 4 different floor. sales, guest service " wrapping gifts, UPS " sending packages and backstock " receiving delivery.
Pros
the hours
Cons
the uniform
Great Place To Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 8, 2017
Working at Disney is overall good and I enjoy working there. I enjoy cleaning Disney Resort, and enjoy cleaning the rooms . It is a great place to work and I am going to continue to work there.
Great company to have on your resume
Manager Event Services (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 8, 2017
The silver pass is great! It really depends on where you land in the company. Certain areas are amazing and some are awful. It's a huge company and that has many benefits and many set backs.
Happy times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Focus of the job is to have fun with it and make it a wonderful experience to the guests. Customer service is to be taken serious. Typical day consisted of assisting guests, maintaining the work flow f the area, be sure to make sure every guest is a happy guest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2