The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,926 reviews matching the search
Always something new
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 27, 2016
Typical week includes meetings across property. So I could be in one park for one meeting and then a hotel and then somewhere else all in 1 day. Occasional 3rd shift required.
productively
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 27, 2016
Management is replaced every other month as are the employees, even if you catch someone stealing right in front of you , not even a manager or security can stop them because it will insult the person.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no management, every man fod himself
Front line cast member, the struggle and the life changing magic
outdoor vending cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 26, 2016
Working as a front line cast member is not for the faint of heart. The hours are long, the work can be exhausting, but no matter how bad of a day you are having, Disney is a truly magical company to work with. The values you learn from not only Traditions(day one of employment) as well as through continued employment are things you will take in every job, as well as other real life situations. As tiring as it was and as awful as the commute was for such a low pay, I don't regret one minute of working there.
Pros
Unlimited self sign ins, values that will help boost any resume
Cons
Low pay, rotating schedule, hard to guarantee days off
Great Corporate Culture
Professional Intern- Operations Finance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Disney truly is the happiest place in the world. A very innovative company where job advancement is possible. Pay could be better but at least great people to work with.
Productive and Work-Life balance
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Good work and personal life balance. A lot to learn with very experienced professionals. Technical aspects are good too. flexibility to work from home if required.
Loved It!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 20, 2016
Who doesn't love Disney!
Great job.
Amazing Management and Team!
Come into work great happy customers and children. Plan events and go to charity events.
Pros
It's Disney
Cons
It's Closed
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2016
Working with disney we had guest from around the world everyday. It was always something new. Frendly staff and great work enviroment.
Mangement
Reservation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2016
Management kept me constantly aware of the goals that I needed to achieve. Important to have a balance between sales and service. Coached that there was touch competition within our are and to never get comfortable even if we were at the to of our game.
Pros
Excellent medical and dental benefits
Cons
Harder to climb the corporate ladder
Competitive and Results Driven Department
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
While overall a fantastic company to work for, the events department is extremely stressful as clients/Guests are passed on to different departments through the Sales to the Service stage. As a result, Guests can have flawed expectations of type of event they will receive or how it will actually be executed. It takes great partnerships and precise communication to the event staff to successfully pull off events at Disney.
Pros
Discounts on Disney experiences
Cons
Difficult work life balance, many people competing for roles which makes advancement difficult
Disney College Program
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Disney. It gave me so many opportunities that I would not have gotten otherwise. I met so many people from all across the world. I may not have enjoyed everyday at work, but the College Program was great.
Solid and creative company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2016
I have no complaints about working for Disney. I have been proud to work for such a prestigious company who time and again dominates the entertainment media industry by focusing on quality. People that work there are passionate and really enjoy what they do. Management by and large makes smart decisions, and the work culture has been great. Being in the entertainment business, job stability is much more chaotic.
Fun, Educational, Exciting
Superior Resources - Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, caJuly 12, 2016
Working in the Entertainment field is ever changing, one day it's F&B, another Hospitality, another Entertainment, and my favorite Theme Park construction. I was always doing something different, meeting new people, supporting projects and guests.

I learned to multi-task very quickly, stay focused on the goal, and internal customers are just as important as external customers. Also, different personalities and work styles can work together in a collaborative effort

Hardest part; coaching others to understand the importance of a global organization vs. a specific team or division organization

Enjoyable; everything, working for such a large company makes you appreciation your connections, support and how much joy you can bring to others
Pros
strong company, good people
Cons
sometimes a little too busy
Good first time job, or for students looking for work
Core Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 8, 2016
great company, great people. Fun work environment, especially for those who like to communicate with guests
Fun job, best I've had
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 7, 2016
I do wish the "part time" part of the job wasn't so obvious. I was only getting ten hours a week tops which meant I had to work one or two additional jobs to make ends meed.
Awesome place to work but hard to stay
Ride Controls Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 7, 2016
The nature of the work at WDI tends to be project based and thus, the company tends to swell and shrink based on how much the company is looking to invest in new themed entertainment at the moment.

Big on culture with a long history of thinking differently, working at Imagineering is a fantastic opportunity.
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wabasso, FLJuly 6, 2016
good people to work with and a good environment. management was good. I have good co workers. the most enjoyable job is the cleaning and meeting guests.
Pros
lunch hrs
Cons
the heat
Very corporate atmosphere
Editor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 6, 2016
Very corporate atmosphere. Excellent benefits. Not a lot of internal promotions, but if you get a job there you will probably love it.
Pros
Free parking at the parks.
Cons
Lots of hierarchy for decision making.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Events team Castmember (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2016
Working for Disney was the best job I've had in retail. It is magical as one would say. There is plenty to learn and experience and can be as fun as you make it. I would be there longer if I could make a living off of it but that is retail for you. The perks might be worth it for some if you can use them. Great people as well.
Being one of the biggest entertainment corporations in the world there is some prestige for what it is. That said, there should provide the best salary in retail.
Pros
Lots of perks within and out of the company. Very fun to be a part of and engage in.
Cons
Lower pay than one would expect.
Job at the place Where Dreams Come True
Attractions-Finding Nemo the Musical (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2016
I work the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom. Originally I loved working there because the job was simple and if I needed to get rid of a shift it was easy. It is a little bit of a drive for me. They have now extended us to help out with Guest control for the new Jungle Book show. I like everyone I work with for the most part. I really wish I could have one on one time with the Guests. I usually see mass amounts of Guests at one time. I do love when I have short shifts. They used to all be 10am-4pm hours which was nice.
Pros
Air conditioning, simple job
Cons
Outside, Short breaks, managers are hard to get a hold of, later shifts
Most interesting job and industry
Prinicipal - Ride Control Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 4, 2016
Being an Imagineer is like being a celebrity. Disney Guests know about Imagineering and want to know the people who make the magic come to life. It is a honor and humbling experience.
Pros
You create smiles and memories
Cons
Hard work and a lot of History to carry on your shoulders

4.3