The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,178 reviews matching the search
Working for the Happiest Place on Earth
Electrician - Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Working for Disney is a dream job. If you have your heart in their mission, which is to be the most largest entertainment industry in the world, and you value the guests and know that their happiness is #1, you will do fine.

I worked the night shift, performing PM work on Disney's largest and most advanced ride, Radiator Springs Racers. The technology behind Disney is world class and they set the standard for safety and excellence. The cast of Disney share that same vision and it is important to become a part of the team.

Management was always friendly and helpful to me and, like everyone you work with, become your friends who you value. The hardest part for me, which really wasn't that hard, was getting used to working third shift and sleeping during the day.
Pros
Disney benefits are first class. Being part of the magic.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Great cast members, poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2016
The company as a whole seems to lack the magic it was first inspired by and more money hungry. management needs to be restructured throughout the company - at least in parks & resorts - and there should be better pay. The benefits are great and the cast members are incredible. The company is misleading in regards to career advancement - you are told you can move up but company loyalty seems to not matter since alot of higher positions seem to come from outside whereas current cast members stay stagnant in their current roles which creates frustration and resentment - this needs to change. Also, the pay needs to improve - cast members are the face of Disney and should be treated with more love and respect - cast members are being paid at poverty rates which is not cool.
Open kitchen working five different restaurant out of one kitchen
Line cook in show kitchen/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Started with prep each day and than set up stations for night shift.
Open kitchen working five different restaurants out of one kitchen. Could not leave work station during operating hours of kitchen. Management was strict. Learned a lot of new food preparation skills.
Learned to use lots of new equipment. Focused on food rather than clean at end of night. They had cleaning crew come in at night to clean stations and kitchen.
Pros
benefits and experience
Cons
long work hours without leaving show kitchen. Couldn't leave to wash hands or go to restroom.
Overall good company for which to work
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2016
Overall, the company is enjoyable. The company does a lot of good in the community and being part of the brand can be fun. As a general rule, there are fun team building events and quality leadership to help with professional development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn something new if you take initiative.

I wish there was more work-life balance in the company as a whole. Some departments are better than others. Not all departments emphasize or hold as many team events either.

I have heard other companies pay better salaries, but the total benefits package is nice. Good medical, decent retirement plans, and other fringe benefits for a good total package.
Pros
Lots of leaning oportunites
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority in all departments
Rewarding every day
Operations Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Your day is never going to be the same working at the Walt Disney Company. Your constantly interacting with guest from around the globe and of different backgrounds. The company encourages creativity and growth within the company as well as personally. With in a day you can expect to work in your home area, on a parade route spending time outdoors, be in an office for meetings, and your going to meet amazing people whom share personal stories that move you. Working with such a large number of people will be challenging and rewarding all in one. Being rewarded with some of the most amazing benefits you could imagine tops off the lifetime memories.
Pros
Free park admission, stellar health insurance, world class entertainment
Cons
the drive to work
Super fun and fast paced
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Loved working here not only for the benefits but you actually have fun working. The happiness is contagious and the culture is strong and enforced. I like the communication with management and teams. Clear instructions and everyone helping each other.You can even see the ceo working by your side at times, it's an awesome company regardless of how big it is, it focuses on employees and making the customer happy.
Pros
HAPPINESS. CAFETERIA, BENEFITS, MANAGEMENT, BREAKS, CULTURE, TRAINING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Fun and Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
I didn't work here for long as it was only a seasonal position for me. A typical day at work was great since everything would have to involve using Disney language. The benefits of working for Disney were amazing. The Ambassadors of our team would always reward everyone for their hard work. The hardest part of the job was to incorporate everything you would say into Disney language. But then, it could be really easy if the guests would also go along with the Disney language. The only con I could think of for the time being I worked here were the amount of work hours I would receive.
Pros
Fun workplace, cooperative coworkers, rewards, employee participation
Cons
Schedule
Incredible environment for creative growth.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  BurbankOctober 7, 2016
A great opportunity to enrich and enhance the lives of an under served target audience. Working within the Disney company provided amazing exposure and chances for advancement. As with any large company senior management can be a challenge as they often are listening to financial as opposed to the audience. Resulting in slow release and often behind the curve in core deliverables. All in all a very positive environment with expected shortfalls.
Pros
Creative workforce, team environment great benefits.
Cons
Senior management often impedes progress due to relational issues.
My Time here
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I had issues with Disney from the start. It took them four months to get back to me after my interview and then it was hard to speak with management about anything. I felt like management was always against me and constantly trying to find flaws in what I did as well as other people. I was set to work part time only but was forced into working full-time hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad benefits, disrespectful management
Productive, lively atmosphere with amazing staff
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJanuary 18, 2017
It has be a dream come true to work for the Walt Disney Company. All of my fellow cast member, including myself, come to work with a smile and ready to take on the day. Everyone get along and the atmosphere is always lively. At first the hardest part of the job was achieving the Disney customer service, but now it has became natural and very enjoyable. In fact it has became my favorite part of the job. I would always recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Great benefits, Amazing coworkers, Lively atmosphere
Cons
short hours, late nights sometimes
Wonderful and magical place to work in
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I absolutely adore being a part of the Disney Story that the store creates for each guest. The unique use of guest interaction and Disney language creates so many memorable and magical moments guests remember long after leaving the store, and often remain the highlight of their day. I know I've done my job well when guests are having as much fun in our store as they would be having at Disneyland park.
Pros
Great work environment, fast paced, flexible hours, benifits!
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Fun place to work, low wages for their Cast Members.
Attractions Core Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 19, 2016
The pay doesn't match the work that is entailed for their leadership team at the resort. There is little to no room for advancement. Its a great part time job, but as a full time cast member, you cannot survive off these wages.
Pros
Fun & the health benefits are great.
Cons
Cannot live off these wages working 40+ hours a week
Negative Attitude
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 18, 2017
On stage, everyone was pretty decent to guests, but not to the standard I remember as a child there. Working in Attractions was not a positive experience. There was a lot of social drama involved. I would never work in an entry level position for this company in the parks.
Pros
Quality Breaks. Often overtime, the hub, maingate park admission
Cons
Few benefits for part timers, immature work environment
Amazing learning experience
Guest Relations Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Although you work really hard and have long work days, it is a wonderful place to work at. You can only grow with the company through networking, but it is possible. Benefits are amazing and the perks are something that I miss everyday.
Pros
Discounts on hotels and cruises. Free entrance to any Disney park around the world, except for Tokyo Sea.
Cons
Work a large amount of over time.
Fun Place to Work
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cinderella's Castle, Magic KingdomAugust 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has many benefits for workers, such as free park entry, and discounts on all merchandise, some food locations, and lodging.
For the bibbidi bobbidi boutique, a typical day would consist of coming into work with a positive, happy, smiling attitude and greeting the guests while in the Cinderella themed language. Management was personable, and willing to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was having a language barrier between some of the guests and myself. Luckily I speak Spanish, so I was able to help, not only myself while working, but also my coworkers, who called me over often to help with a Spanish speaking family. My favorite part of the job, was finally seeing the little girls face when she finally saw herself as a princess for the first time, and knowing I made a child smile, and to have the little girl really believe that she is a princess in the most magical place on Earth.
Pros
Amazing guest interactions, being covered in pixie dust, sweet coworkers, making magic for the guests.
Cons
Specifically in the BBB there was very limited room for advancement.
Interesting Workplace
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2016
For many this can be a place where many dreams come true, and working for this company I did find much friendship and happiness in my time there. Unfortunately I also had some bad experiences. Disney works very much on a seniority basis, the longer you've been there the more benefits and oppurtunities you get with the company. Starting from the bottom however is not much fun. I also noticed that they need to work on their treatment of their employees. It is a very large company so it is possible this isn't everywhere but where I was it was very bad.
Pros
Free admission to Walt Disney Parks
Cons
Very longs 40+ hr work weeks
Great Work life balance, Good career opportunities
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great Work life balance
Good career opportunities
Competitive Salary
Perks like park tickets for family
Management is highly professional
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2