The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,245 reviews matching the search
Disney Reservation Center review
Sales Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
This was no doubt my favorite place to work. Had to leave due to unfortunate circumstance. The management and staff were very friendly, Easy to get along with. Always there for you if you need help. Not really hard part the job if you stick to quality control questions and you know something about Disney so that you can build that trust with those potential guests on the phone so that they will purchase from you.
Pros
Free entrance to the parks
Back Stabbing Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 14, 2017
Good people but leadership breeds a culture of back stabbing. If you aren't willing to take what you want, without asking, then you won't be recognized as having something to offer. Each division runs like it's own little silo, thus eliminating the opportunity to share ideas, resources or even optimize budgets for bulk purchase and license requests.
Pros
Good people, Great fun to be on the lot, lots of employee only benefits and treats
Cons
back stabbing, no coaching/mentoring, stuck in your job forever
Lots of activity, customer service and Music
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 10, 2017
Working at Disney was fun, typical day at work was merchandising and presentation in the morning, open tills, schedule employees, paperwork and being on the floor the majority of the day selling to customers and filling in stocks. Management was good, I was an assistant manager that reported to main manager. It was typical retail job for a small store, alot different than working for Daytons in Management, because there were not the human resource department or security etc.. we were the ones that did it all.
Pros
Enjoyable working with customers and children
Cons
Smaller store has less management so less flexability in scheduling
Creative entertainment company with a variety of divisions.
Financial Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for Disney in both Finance and Accounting. I found it challenging, exciting, and creative. In 19 years, I was never bored! There are always new lines of business, new acquisitions, and new directions. The company is demanding and I worked very hard. The perks include free passes to the parks, deep discounts on merchandise, an excellent Commuter Assistance program, and challenging opportunities. The benefits are good, although the salaries are not high.
Pros
Good benefits, great perks. A globally loved brand.
Cons
Low salaries, difficulty in work/life balance, little opportunity for advancement.
Fun Fun Fun
Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 28, 2017
The diverse culture Disney aspires is such a fun experience. You get to meet people of different personalities, religion, background and race and we all learn to put our differences aside and work together like family. Management is pretty on top of our company values and heritage. Probably the best part of the job is having the ability to make a guests day or even vacation. The hardest part of the job is to keep consistency of all the values and expectations of the company.
Pros
Benefits, Free admission to parks, Healthcare, Cast oppurtunities
Hard to be a cast member sometimes
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 10, 2017
I love working for the Disney Store.The benefits of the tickets ect are awesome. However the upper management is awful. Its very hard to move up at the store when you work so hard and they hire outside the company. They tell you that they like to promote Within but that's rarely the case. You have to be one of the favorites to get any where.
However if you can hang in there sometimes theres a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pros
My other cast members are wonderful to work with, I get to interact with different people everyday
Cons
Upper management is awful. Manly the DMs. They play favorites
Environment is Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 21, 2017
I great place to learn about Walt Disney and how the came about. Great place to keep your energy and stay enthusiastic about guest service. As a manager everything is structural, so you really can't step out side the book. They have old ways of doing things which makes it difficult for one to go backwards instead of forward. Other than the operations piece of it, it really was a great place to work.
Pros
Free family Park tickets
Cons
Little place for growth
Great Work Environment
Event Manager/Duty Manager -Disneyland Resort (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2017
Typical day at work can be fun working in the Disneyland resort meeting new people from all across the world. Each day the goal is to make magical memories for every guest.

Management environment is very structured so there is no room for misunderstanding. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be the high volume demands from guest.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work at the Disneyland Resort.
Pros
Free Tickets to the Resort
Cons
Occasional Long days
Perks not worth the pay/management
Live Chat Service Agent & eCommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The perks of discounts in the parks, hotels, and free admission seemed perfect at first, but then several months later the promise of fast growth and advancement is still empty. It's easy to get stuck in a position. Management is not supportive of cast and management doesn't have knowledge of the field, so their assistance is often more confusing than helpful. Pay is extremely low for the work that is expected of cast.
Okay place to work
ATTRACTIONS HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Little opportunity for advancement, not very good hours, very strict, guests are impatient and rude but coworkers are inclusive and friendly, direct leads are generally down to earth. It doesn't pay well and you won't get many hours but if you love disney and love people then you'll have fun.
Pros
easily accessible food trucks and cafes for cast members, free park entry, limited sign ins for friends and family, discount on merchandise
Cons
difficult to advance, difficult to obtain full time, pays minimum wage
Fast paced work environment with an emphasis on efficiency
Store Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney Company taught me how to interact with all types of people about all types of subjects. It ensured that you were able to find common ground with everyone you met and were willing to go above and beyond what was expected of you to meet the company's goal of providing the best guest service in the world. I learned how to do business with the guest always in mind first. And I learned that if you showed you were willing to go above and beyond for your team, they would be willing to do the same for you.
Pros
Great company perks.
Cons
Tedious schedule at times.
Super fun and fast paced
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Loved working here not only for the benefits but you actually have fun working. The happiness is contagious and the culture is strong and enforced. I like the communication with management and teams. Clear instructions and everyone helping each other.You can even see the ceo working by your side at times, it's an awesome company regardless of how big it is, it focuses on employees and making the customer happy.
Pros
HAPPINESS. CAFETERIA, BENEFITS, MANAGEMENT, BREAKS, CULTURE, TRAINING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Opportunity of a lifetime thats full of surprises
Merchandise Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Making magic for the guests is the only thing typical about a day in the life of Disney and that has to be the best part of being a cast member- meeting so many interesting guests each day.
There seems to be some inconsistencies with leadership and their team support.
Scheduling- or lack of- may be a work culture change for some, especially for anyone accustomed to regular work hours.
Pros
The people. Meeting guests from all over the world and bonds made with fellow cast members.
Cons
Communication and area training
Open kitchen working five different restaurant out of one kitchen
Line cook in show kitchen/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Started with prep each day and than set up stations for night shift.
Open kitchen working five different restaurants out of one kitchen. Could not leave work station during operating hours of kitchen. Management was strict. Learned a lot of new food preparation skills.
Learned to use lots of new equipment. Focused on food rather than clean at end of night. They had cleaning crew come in at night to clean stations and kitchen.
Pros
benefits and experience
Cons
long work hours without leaving show kitchen. Couldn't leave to wash hands or go to restroom.
Disney, a great place to start a career. Many challenges and fun atmosphere
Maintenance Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I am under a very strict confidential information act, so I really cant describe my work day, or management tactics. I will say, it is very important to be professional and skilled. Management is fair and safety orientated.
Pros
Teamwork and safety is a primary concern and at the front line of any job being done.
Cons
somewhat micro-managed in certain situations. many "tests" as to integrity, loyalty, and honesty
Wonderful and magical place to work in
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I absolutely adore being a part of the Disney Story that the store creates for each guest. The unique use of guest interaction and Disney language creates so many memorable and magical moments guests remember long after leaving the store, and often remain the highlight of their day. I know I've done my job well when guests are having as much fun in our store as they would be having at Disneyland park.
Pros
Great work environment, fast paced, flexible hours, benifits!
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
A great company
Attractions host at Magic Kingdom (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work is about 6-15 hours depending on staffing.I have learned a lot about how to deal with customer service and problem solving. Management for the most part was fantastic, but would always say there is someone that can re[place you. MAde you feel like you were not valuable to the company. I love this job and being able to create magic for so many people.
Pros
great to put on a resume
Cons
managers don't really care about you
Rewarding every day
Operations Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Your day is never going to be the same working at the Walt Disney Company. Your constantly interacting with guest from around the globe and of different backgrounds. The company encourages creativity and growth within the company as well as personally. With in a day you can expect to work in your home area, on a parade route spending time outdoors, be in an office for meetings, and your going to meet amazing people whom share personal stories that move you. Working with such a large number of people will be challenging and rewarding all in one. Being rewarded with some of the most amazing benefits you could imagine tops off the lifetime memories.
Pros
Free park admission, stellar health insurance, world class entertainment
Cons
the drive to work
Best Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney Company was the best work experience I could ever ask for. My College Program was full of new skills, opportunities, jobs, environments - all at the highest level of professionalism and fun. I had a personal relationship with every manager or coordinator I encountered and in return have walked away from my time there with not only valuable references but also very valued friendships. I would encourage anyone, at any stage in life, to take some time to work for this magnificent company and be a part of the Magic.

My favorite part of working for the Walt Disney Company was being able to fulfill my life goal - I wanted to make someone's day, every single day - and I did!
Fantastical and challenging
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Although I was only hired to work the holiday season, the core cast members were welcoming and fun to work with. The work itself was not necessarily hard but learning and incorporating the "Disney language" into every guest interaction was challenging. For me, the most enjoyable aspect of this job was the sing-alongs that we did with the younger guests. You can't not smile when all the cast members in the store randomly bust out in song!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2