The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

Productive and exciting atmosphere with so many wonderful shows to keep guests smiling.
Hostess/Cashier in stores (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 20, 2014
Everyday was different, and positive energy from every cast member. I've learned to interact with each guest individually, and attend to their needs efficiently by asking what items they were looking for.
wouldnt work there again
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2014
that this a big company and don't value their worker..i had tro help people and the company got upset because I went out my way.
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free tickets to parks
Cons: never enough time in day to complete everything
A typical day at work would be handling expatriate tax inquiries by the participating employee, tax authority or vendors and fellow employees. Each day brings new challenges and a variety of tasks at hand. Preparing accounting related reports, deposits, coding check requests, deposits and receivables all dominate your day.
Productive and a great workplace full of praise
Manager (Former Employee), jersey city ,njOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: quick updates
Even though there were goals to be met it was still all about he clients and maintaining a fun face pace enviroment everyday! Hardest part was the quick changes in visuals .
It's nice to get into the parks for free.
Outdoor Foods Cast Member- College Program (Former Employee), Hollywood StudiosOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free entrance to the parks, free passes for family members, merch discount
Cons: low wages, low quality housing, unreliable transportation
The College Program is great for some people. You get to meet people from all over the world, but you also only get federal minimum wage in most cases. We all know that isn't enough money.
Job was "Magical" for only so long..
Worldphile Agent/ Ecommerce & Technical Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short lunches, constant overtime, fight to have holidays off.
Daily tasks would range from technical support on the phone for the Walt Disney World website, to live chat which consisted of sales as well as customer service.

Management is pretty decent and my co-workers were some of the best people I've ever worked with.

Hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime. I didn't have a problem with working – more... overtime, but when you have to squeeze 15 additional hours in a three day span, it makes the work life balance difficult.

Best part, aside from the benefits, was the ability to make a customers day by solving their problem. I had the ability to take an escalated call (angry guest) and have them happy by the end. – less
fun place as long as it lasts
Principal Design Manager: (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 15, 2014
overworked, no job security, replaces US workers by Asians where they are growing.
Great place to work, but the management is horrible.
Disney Store Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: guests are great. love doing the events.
Cons: poor management. very unprofessional.
I currently work at the Disney Store at the tucson mall. I used to work for The Disneyland Resort in California and relocated to Arizona. The first couple months of working here were the best. I saw so much potential for working her. It was like a little piece of the resort but in The desert. Little by little I saw the true colors of the management – more... team. They are very unprofessional. I honestly feel like I am in high school again. I would not reccomend anyone to work here till a new management team is there. And it's such a disappointment because working for the resort was the absolute best time of my life and now working at this store it's the absolute worst. – less
Excellent Compnay
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 13, 2014
I loved working at this company. Great benefits! Great values!
nice place to work
Radio Disney- Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ilOctober 13, 2014
weekends required, no room for growth in this department.
overall company culture is great
The Most Magical Place on Earth
Cook 2 (Current Employee), resorts/ magic kingdomOctober 11, 2014
Pros: if you work here you get to play here- for free
Cons: you get paid in experience more than money
Working for the mouse is hectic and a little stressful at times (it is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world) but the look on a guest's face when you make the magic real for them makes every pain staking step you took to get to that moment 500% worth it. You learn world class guest service in every role at this company. It is the – more... most important thing, besides safety of course. – less
Great place to learn new things
Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, perks
Cons: long late hours
typical day would be moderate-heavy office work, guest concerns, planning events/meetings, tours, assisting employees

I learned how to best work in a group and on my own, and how to help others strive for the best they can at work.

Sometimes the hardst part was the guest and it was also the easiest/ most enjoyable.
friendly enviroment!!!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), floridaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free meal's
Cons: good working skill's
Lot's of friendly people in the work area! I learned how to communicate with costumer's,good working managment,and co-worker's
Micro manage
Construction CoOrdinator (Former Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: you are working in more intimate arena as opposed to universal or paramount
Cons: micro management, they afraid to make a mistake, you could be the next scapegoat.
Their weak link is putting untrained people with no filming backgrounds into positions they are unqualified for and get in the way of Seasoned Department Heads trying to do their job by making uninformed decisions effecting the schedule and creating overages .
This effects everyone ,causes layoffs and creating an undesirable work place,
The payoff is – more... the completing the project on time and on budget despite the roadblocks.
I have letters from Producers thanking me for doing such a superb job in spite of Disneys Micro Management.They spend Two dollars to save a dime. – less
Great place to work at
Food and Beverage Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2014
I love my Job at Disney and the people I work with. I learned so much working here. I learned communtication skills and customer service. I also learned how to use TMS and working in a fast paced enviroment and so much more.
Creative Rewarding Experience
Creative Strategy Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Celebration, FLOctober 8, 2014
There is no typical day which makes working for the compnay very exciting.
Best Job I've had so far
Disneyland (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: fun, good coworkers, easy, guests from all over the world, job security, and good benefits
Cons: pay
They treat you with respect. The one thing that I felt was missing in my previous jobs.
Safe and efficient place to work; Helpful management
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
I learned an incredible amount from this Fortune 500 company. I know how to attend to guests and help them with their needs. I also learned how to network and how to communicate with managers for further working opportunities with the company.
Exciting and fun
Account Executive (Former Employee), SeattleOctober 5, 2014
Pros: frozenokie and pixie dust
Cons: lacking analytics
Great company to work for with lots of wonderful memories. Everyone was generally excited to be working for the Mouse. Clients were very excited to have a Disney presence available for their marketing needs here in Seattle. However, Radio Disney is no longer operating on a local level so our division and 23 others throughout the country have closed – more... down. – less
Enjoyable work environment and excellent learning opportunities
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Upon arriving at my location I would ensure that my area is properly cleaned, stocked, and maintained to the highest standard for Guest interaction. Typically I would maintain those duties throughout the day as well as make a positive or "magical" experience for every Guest I came in contact with. It was during those daily interactions that I extended – more... by communication skills. I also furthered my relationship skills with my fellow Cast Members while working together to problem solve. My management experience was thoroughly enjoyable. They were knowledgeable and interactive in our daily duties and made for a positive and highly functioning work environment. The most difficult aspect of my job was being on my feet for ten plus hours. While it was, at times, tough it was well worth it to be able to do a job that I loved. Guest interactions and creating magical experiences was by far the most enjoyable part of my every day. Including that would be collaborating and interacting with my fellow Cast Members to create incredible experiences for everyone we came in contact with. – less

1 2 3 4 5