The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,864 reviews matching the search
Grueling overtime followed by free time in Disney perks
GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 28, 2016
Typical day is to start off with a Scrum meeting (Agile development practices), meeting with designers and architects to go over current and upcoming design needs. Make recommendations on feasibility of proposed features, and implement agreed upon features / gameplay.

My immediate manager was fantastic, supported us without getting in the way of development.

Hardest part was grueling overtime at times, running 6 to 7 days a week for many months at a time. This included working through holidays and other events during these overtime periods. These ended up being a yearly occurrence, usually being between a quarter to half a year long.

The most enjoyable part was when not in "crunch mode", we had very flexible time off, and free access to Disney parks, reduced discounts at other Disney facilities like Disney Aulani (Hawaii), cruises etc etc.

Coworkers were great, we had great synergy and its a real disappointment Disney decided to kill our game studio and lay everyone off.
Pros
free drinks / snacks, business perks & discounts w/ other major companies
Cons
poor work life balance for large parts of the year
Productive and fun workplace with other CP's
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
A typical day at working at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival is awesome. I work with the cast in an efficient and fast pace manner. Management is very flexible and friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with certain guest whose expectations are not met and we try to meet their needs as best as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and the people I get to meet and work with.
Fun job
Custodial Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 25, 2016
Definitely a fun job. There's always something new happening. Management is great and the job is a breeze. The only part that's bad is the paents not watching their kids
If you love Disney its a fun place to work except,
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801May 25, 2016
If you love Disney, working at the Disney store can be a lot of fun, however, don't ever take it as a full time job. The hours are really bad and the management team's are really poor at communicating with their fellow employees. Trying to change shifts is next to near impossible. It's fun for a high school job.
Pros
discounts, and yearly disney passes
Cons
barely a break room, poor management, no hours
disney world
park greeter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
Im not really sure what to say. it was amazing at first but living in fl in 90+ weather, it wasnt magical wearing long sleeves and pants just to cover up my tattoos.
Pros
free passes
Cons
rude guests, long sleeves
Great Contract !
Youth Activities Counselor (Former Employee) –  Disney DreamMay 22, 2016
You learn so many things about different people and how things work on a cruise ship !

the team is very close so you make friends very quickly!
Pros
room and board payed for
Cons
food wasn't great
Simply terrific
General Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is the pinnacle when comparing retail jobs. The benefits are terrific, work/life balance is recognized as important, opportunity for promotion are abundant, and work on a daily basis is fun and energetic.
Great enviroment to learn superior customer service
Personal Vacation Advisor, Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
What a great experience working for Disney. They are known for their world class service... and they training you receive on how to have that level of service with every encounter, is worth every sacrifice I made to work here. The benefits are pretty good, the perks are amazing.
Pros
Great place for top notch experience.
Cons
Terrible pay for the area. Large wage and cost of living gap. Disney doesnt help that problem
No work life balence
Coordinator, Affiliate Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 19, 2016
Was constantly traveling and never home. I loved my position there but never had a home life was always connected answering emails.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 18, 2016
My experience working at disney was a great one. Typical day assisting guest on sales floor as well as dealing with hard lines and soft-line material. Every day was a memorable day seeing the guest happy as well as the name itself made it fun
It's Disney
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
Great place to work if you're a people person. Other jobs within the company have it harder than others but it's ok at the end of the day
College Program - Review
Merchandise Cast Member (Sales Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
The hours may be busy and the shifts may finish late but to be able to learn from one of the top companies that pride itself in excellent customer service is amazing. Workers and managers may differ from location to location, but for the people I worked it, it was fantastic and such a pleasure to be around. I also gained valuable skills here in teamwork, cash handling, stock take and learning to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Amazing Co-Workers, Fantastic Training, Guest Experiences
Cons
Long Hours, Closing Shifts, Low Pay
fun and friendly
Supervisor (key holder) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
Working with customers, very upbeat environment, everyone was friendly.We would celebrate birthdays and sell amusement park tickets. They gave us passes for the parks just for product knowledge as well as we would take store trips to the newest Disney movies to help build rapport with guest and increase sales.
Management was awesome they promoted team work and lead by example.
Pros
free tickets to themes parks
Cons
store closed peramently
fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2016
This is definitely a fun work place. However, there is not much room for growth unless you plan on moving to Orlando. The schedules are always changing. dress code seems to be a little too strict.
Pros
free park entrance with up to 3 guests
Cons
pay rate and schedule
Fun WorkPlace
Sales and Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
Great friendly staff
Most parents willing to participate in activities
New playground equipment for the kids and upgraded resources to use in the classroom
Pros
Loved working here they really care for the kids
Cons
Low Pay
Disney
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2016
I gained valuable public interaction experience as well as how to handle various cultures within a work place. I had patient and personable managers as well as a fully automated management system.
Eight Year Run Was Great
Cinematics Animation Supervisor / Senior Animator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAHMay 15, 2016
Very talented group, very fortunate to work here. I led several animation teams from around the world, supervising cinematics as well as personally animating key shots
Meeting New People
Amusement Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 15, 2016
The good thing about Disney is that i got to meet new guests,got to be in Star Wars Celebrations , and also meeting star personalities.I learned the positions of training and coordinating ,and operating rides while fallowing safety rules and laws.
Pros
opprtunities to learn new rides
Cons
low employee values
Excellent work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMay 12, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Disney. Everyday was more like living out my childhood and much less did not feel like work. The pay was great and fit my busy school schedule. Everyday i got to interact with children of all ages and my communication skills grew very much. I left working The Disney Store because at the time I was transferring schools. Disney is an excellent company to work for and I have absolutlely nothing negative to say about the company ever.
Pros
Great benefits and fun atmosphere
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, SCMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this fun and exciting company. Everyday was different than the previous day. Everyone got along with each other.

4.3