The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employer Reviews

Good first job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 2, 2015
I have been there for some time and enjoy my co-workers and for the most part the job, but there are times where it can get stressful.
Ups and Downs
Food Prep (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: part-time gets free park admission and merchandise and hotel discounts, full-time get medical and dental benefits on top of part-time perks
Cons: lack of management presence, work schedule always changes unless you fight for consistency, barely any work/life balance once you're full-time
Perks and benefits of working for the company are pretty good. You get to meet a lot of different people and learn about the company. Working in the parks has its ups and downs, but you can be assured there's never a dull day.

Management is not always there when you need them and getting a consistent schedule is always an uphill battle. If you're full-time, getting vacation and time off is a little easier, but good luck doing that as a part-timer. Seniority means nothing as new hires that are not in the Disney College Program will sometimes get priority over Cast Members that have been around much longer. When I hired in, I was consistently getting 30+ hours a week while Cast Members who have been working before I came along were lucky to get even 10. Didn't find that fair at all.
It was a great place to work at
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Burbank, CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2015
It was a great place to work at. Co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Great Work/Life Balance. Room for movement was very limited.
Productive workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day of housekeeping consist on cleaning and maintaining 17 rooms daily efficient according to Walt Disney housekeeping standards and leaving each room with a magical touch.
Content Strategist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Employees are top-notch. The product is amazing. We work hard but it's a fun environment, great campus and there's a lot of thought put into the work.
I enjoy doing my responsibilities
Java Developer (Current Employee), Walt Disney,FLFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoy doing my responsibilities and also got a chance to prove myself through technically by enhancing my skills simultaneously.
Fast-paced guest service role
Bell Services Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 24, 2015
This is a very fast-paced position. Multitasking is crucial. You take calls, assist guests at the desk, input and dispatch work orders, search reservations all at the same time. No room for error.
Good Company
Program Manager, Attractions High Hazards (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: entrance to park
Cons: some third shift work
Good company with good benefits. Hours can be challenging as a lot of work is done on third shift. Typical day are 9-10 hours.
Extraordinary work atmosphere
Media Manager/ENG News Editor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: enhanced my opportunity for growth and skill set
Phenomenal people, overall professionals, station and company to work for. ABC 7 definitely boosted my television career and skill set.
Productive work with constant customer service skills applied
DCA/DTD Day Custodial (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: benefits, hours
Being a custodial for Disneyland is always fun and exciting everyday. Each day we are assigned different assignments in different locations throughout the whole park. Through this job, I have learned and improved on my communication skills and work ethics.
To work from one of the best companies in the world
SR BUYER (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free disneyland tickets and parties
Cons: being such a large company sometimes you are just a number
Disney was a great place to work. I started at a young age and leaned so much about the what it takes to build a Theme Park from only ideas. It was great to work as a team to create some of the best Theme Parks in the world.
Every day was about making people happy.
Professional Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work, you enjoy going to the office everyday. Every project was different which keep work from dragging.
Fun workplace and benefits
Main Street Operations Cast Member (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 9, 2015
This is the most magical place on Earth and it definitely holds up to it. Work can get a bit chaotic but you are happy to be there even though you are working at minimum wage. Management is very helpful and there is plenty room for advancement with the company.
It's a job that pays the bills
Resort Transportation and Parking Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: making magic
Cons: randomness of shifts
Working for this company is rewarding, as well as difficult. You basically have to have your whole entire schedule free for random shifts throughout all hours of the day and night. All holidays you are expected to work, and there isn't very much opportunity for advancement through the company even with higher education.
A magical place to work
Magic Kingdom Park Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
It was a dream come true to be part of the Disney College Program. I created magic for guests and loved interacting with the little kids. It was an overall great experience.
Productive and fun workplace.
Secretary to Director of Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Was the best job I ever had. Had a wonderful boss who truly appreciated all my hard work that I put in and the dedicated employee that I was.
Challenging and Interactive
Disney Vacation Club Cruise Team Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Sailing on all 4 Disney Cruise Ships
Promote Disney Vacation Club membership and properties
Meet people from all over the world
Learned to compartmentalize daily activities and prioritize what is most important
Working in a very close group as only 5 colleagues are on board each ship and sailing
Always meeting new people and providing first class guest service each and every day
Collaborative and geared towards constant improvement
Accounts Payable Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Celebration, FloridaFebruary 2, 2015
TWDC is constantly growing and changing to better serve and satisfy its customers. There is culture of respect for our fellow cast members, as well as pride in the product we offer. It is a great place for a life-long career.
Excellent place to work and grow
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Participated in the Disney College Program. This was a unique one of a kind experience. I would recommend it to anyone considering going into any Arts or Hospitality industries.
good experience
Main Entrance Operations/Parking (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Good hours, shifts can be short or very long. Frustrating at times because of Disney standards, but it is rewarding at times

1 2 3 4 5