The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,295 reviews matching the search
Magical Company
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
Fun, fast paced job that gives a lot of room for growth throughout the entire company. With easy to understand rules set from the start about how to conduct oneself
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 21, 2017
It was an awesome first job. being part of the crew was amazing because i worked with some really hardworking people. Everything was going smooth until the management team changed. That is when i decided to leave.
Productive place and great environment.
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work. They offer flexible hours and weekends They offer excellent company benefits and a welcoming work atmosphere to staff and Guests.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Split off dsys
Best place to work and be a part of!
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
Working for The Walt Disney World Company is an honor in itself. Walt Disney would be pleased that all the research and requirements he wanted his cast members to be held to a certain standard to. It is a high volume job which can lead to some stress. But the cast members in each role are one of perfect people. While working for the company each role that was assigend was viewed as just as important. Whether garbage duty or custodial to character you are valued and given the role of making magic come to each guest individually. I would reccommend this company to anyone and would love to be a part of the corporate Disney World CO.
Pros
Fun environment, potential growth, strong company and valued as an employee
Cons
long hours in florida humidity
It's a terrible place to work.
Photopass photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
There are zero health benefits, holiday pay, breaks no matter how long I've worked and the managers and staff are so cruel. I've never been treated this way at a work environment for doing nothing wrong ever
Pros
None.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no holiday pay, no over time, and they got rid of tips for the hostesses.
fun but tired
SERVER (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2017
I loved Disney, but working there was really demanding not well paid and the environment is sometimes overwhelming. good thing is that you get to know different people from different countries.
Pros
annual passes
Cons
not well paid
Productive and fun workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FL / Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 18, 2017
Typical day involved normal administrative responsibilities calendar management, meeting scheduling, typing of correspondence, time reporting, answering phones, filing, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements and preparing travel authorizations and expense reports, reconciling corporate cards with expense reports.

Learned various technical skills (operation of VTC, etc.)

Workplace culture - business casual

Most enjoyable part was working with the most talented and creative people in the industry.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Teambuilding events within other departments
The Most Magical Place!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
I loved working for this company, we had a different manager that took over our department and I became uncomfortable working there. It was such an amazing experience and I learned so much from our Guest Services Director.
Pros
You get to help people!
Abusive for cooks
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2017
As a cook we're on their paid over work barely got break and pretty much 6 days week most of the time underappreciated and really abusive my experience with Disney has been horrible as a cook
Pros
I guess free tickets
Cons
No weekends under paid and much more
Lots of fun not a lot of movement
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2017
Every day is different at Disney and it can be lots of fun, but there really isn't much room for advancement and you definitely won't be raising a family on a Disney salary
Pros
Fun, dynamic
Cons
No upward mobility
Fun place to work at!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91324April 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here even if it was a seasonal job. The employees, my supervisor, and the customers were always kind. This place was a great first job and I would love to work here again. Being a sales associate, I was able to interact with customers and help them with what they needed.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
small hours
You're working for the privilege of theme access rather than a living wage.
Guest Information & Ticket Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 13, 2017
Your day is spent with constant guest service and you'll either be scheduled too much or too little. I've spent 4 years working here and as much as I've advanced the pay is never enough nor stable to live off of. Some practices are questionable such as constantly hiring part timers but working them full time hours for most of the year with out benefits. It's good for a first job? They train you to be an ideal worker and you'll gain experiences you can't even compare to other company (mostly good but some bad. And I will say i've made many life long friends here.
Pros
going the theme park for free, labor union, a sense of community
Cons
short breaks, underpayed, inconsistant schedules, no weekends free, quesionable business practices
It's the Walt Disney Company!
PhotoPass Photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2017
it's hard to not say this was, by far, the most fun job I've ever had! apart from that, there were some management politics that I didn't agree with. When it came to advancement, it came down to who you know and who likes you rather than what you know and what you can do. The pay was fantastic, however was too low for the area you would have to live to get to work due to it being a high vacation spot.
Pros
uh... DISNEY! free park admission and discounts throughout Disney properties and more, mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
Floridian Weather
Na
Test Architect (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 13, 2017
My over all experience has been good. I approve of the CEO and the company's direction. There were some changes in the company as a result of the new direction, but it was all good in the end.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Fun work environment
Part time Cast Member (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 12, 2017
I love going into work everyday. The day is always fun and full of excitement. The management communicates effectively and I love greeting each and every guest that walks into the store during my shift.
Working at the Happiest Place on Earth!
Disney College Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
I worked here as part of the Disney College Program, which is a paid internship allowing college students to work at and understand what makes Disney's theme parks tick. On the whole, I found that management prepared each cast member extraordinarily well for their jobs at hand (sometimes even to the point of overtraining!) and was similarly always available to help those in need. Taking care of our guests every whim was par for the course, and each cast member was well instructed on how to handle any kind of situation.
Very corporate
Graduate Associate- Financial Planning (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 11, 2017
Disney is a pretty good company to work for. They have snacks and throw parties for the office when a new release comes out. Since Disney is an older and well established company, there are definitely corporate politics. Much like most entertainment companies, Disney can be very volatile with a good amount of layoffs.
Family Oriented, Fun, and Lively Work Environment
MS Daily Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 11, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with (management included). Working there is relatively easy but, can be challenging as it involves working with people (thousands) from all over the world on a daily basis.

When working at Disney, it's hard to be in a bad mood when your job is to make people happy. If you've worked here, you're trained to be the best-of-the-best in terms of customer service.

While I wouldn't consider working at Disney my entire life, it definitely was a fun and memorable experience.
Pros
Working at the "Happiest Place on Earth", flexible scheduling
Cons
- Very strict dress code, Long work hours, Difficult to move up the corporate ladder
Supportive cast members and management
Textile Services and Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 11, 2017
Worked in the massive textile services facility at Disney. Made sure the bags kept moving on the overhead rails.
Transferred to Research where I collected feedback from our guests that were visiting the parks.
Super Fun Place to Work, Entertaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 10, 2017
Great place to gain retail and customer service experience. Had the pleasure of meeting so many people and learning from the best. Feels like you're at Disneyland but in a different environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2