The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,923 reviews matching the search
Fun and fast paced workplace
Events team Castmember (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2016
Working for Disney was the best job I've had in retail. It is magical as one would say. There is plenty to learn and experience and can be as fun as you make it. I would be there longer if I could make a living off of it but that is retail for you. The perks might be worth it for some if you can use them. Great people as well.
Being one of the biggest entertainment corporations in the world there is some prestige for what it is. That said, there should provide the best salary in retail.
Pros
Lots of perks within and out of the company. Very fun to be a part of and engage in.
Cons
Lower pay than one would expect.
Job at the place Where Dreams Come True
Attractions-Finding Nemo the Musical (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2016
I work the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom. Originally I loved working there because the job was simple and if I needed to get rid of a shift it was easy. It is a little bit of a drive for me. They have now extended us to help out with Guest control for the new Jungle Book show. I like everyone I work with for the most part. I really wish I could have one on one time with the Guests. I usually see mass amounts of Guests at one time. I do love when I have short shifts. They used to all be 10am-4pm hours which was nice.
Pros
Air conditioning, simple job
Cons
Outside, Short breaks, managers are hard to get a hold of, later shifts
great benefits, great way to gain experience
Advanced Sales Associate, All Star Team (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 21, 2016
I gained a lot of knowledge observing all the different day to day operations of the Walt Disney Company while I worked there. Although my role was mainly sales oriented and goal driven, I still had to be a part of the magic and making sure guest service was not forgotten about. In the end, people pay a lot to spend their time at Disney. I was there to help make it enjoyable while letting them know about disney vacation club.
Walt Disney
Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Disney Mobile apps will enhance the user experience for Disney parks and resorts. Mobile app provides estimated wait times for attractions, view entertainment schedules, browse interactive maps. Locating park attractions on the map, special field’s - PhotoPass for picture identification, FastPass for accessing fast lane inside the park, ticket purchasing, credit-card scan using JUMIO SDK are offered to User. The Mobile app supports multiple languages
Much better than most would believe
Guest Service Manager, Food/Beverage Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 27, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is just as moral and good-doing as they portray themselves to be. The senior leadership remains relentlessly focused on gearing all employed persons towards the "right" thing. In addition the goal really is to provide a satisfactory (in fact, above average) experience to all who experience their offered products/services. The nature of the job working in a theme park carries some stress and lack of "desirable" schedule. Their was great satisfaction in being able to meet and interact with so many different walks of life. Overall, I enjoyed my employment.
Great environment to get hands on experience
Publicity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 29, 2016
I came to Disney straight out of College. It was a great place to start my career and learn what corporate America is all about.

Learned the power of working relationships and that job well done doesn't always garner a promotion. You have to seek it and you have to be your own cheerleader.

I loved working alongside the colleagues who put the same amount of time, sweat, and tears into a projects and enjoyed seeing the twinkle in the eyes of children as they would see a film for the first time.
Pros
Silver Pass.
Cons
work life balance.
Competitive and Results Driven Department
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
While overall a fantastic company to work for, the events department is extremely stressful as clients/Guests are passed on to different departments through the Sales to the Service stage. As a result, Guests can have flawed expectations of type of event they will receive or how it will actually be executed. It takes great partnerships and precise communication to the event staff to successfully pull off events at Disney.
Pros
Discounts on Disney experiences
Cons
Difficult work life balance, many people competing for roles which makes advancement difficult
The Walt Disney Company taught be so much and was such a great working environment.
attractions hostess (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FLJune 13, 2016
· Responsible for the operation of ride systems at It’s A Small World and Peter Pan’s Flight Attractions – Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom, and Disney Quest, Disney Springs, while maintaining the safety standards of the Walt Disney Company
· Ensure positive guest experiences on a daily basis by providing courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable service
· Exhibit excellent time management skills in high volume attraction areas
· Proficient in audience control for Special Events
· Provide assistance and answer guest questions as a Greeter in the newly designed Disney Springs location
Pros
creating magic daily
Solid and creative company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2016
I have no complaints about working for Disney. I have been proud to work for such a prestigious company who time and again dominates the entertainment media industry by focusing on quality. People that work there are passionate and really enjoy what they do. Management by and large makes smart decisions, and the work culture has been great. Being in the entertainment business, job stability is much more chaotic.
I already did a review
Cast Member (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2016
I discussed in a previous review that this company parades this coveted internship to lure people into it. They say having this internship on your resume will help you get jobs and it's extremely prestigious.

It's not. You're flipping burgers, being overworked, and having to pay premium rent rates for poorly managed apartments. I had a wonderful experience and made many friends, but the principal of this job is not something that aligns with my values.
Pros
disney world parks
Cons
this program is exploitative
Great working environment with support from multiple lines of business
ECOMMERCE SALES & SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2016
I work at a call center for The Walt Disney Company. A typical work day, as imagined, is primarily answering phone calls for guests needing online assistance with their accounts. Our management team is outstanding and will support you in whatever direction you are trying to go within the company. The most difficult part of the job for me is having to sit at a computer all day, as I grew up being active and outdoors often. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the guests who call in, knowing that once we disconnect the phone call, they are taken care of and happy with the service I provided them.
Productive and fun workplace with other CP's
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
A typical day at working at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival is awesome. I work with the cast in an efficient and fast pace manner. Management is very flexible and friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with certain guest whose expectations are not met and we try to meet their needs as best as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and the people I get to meet and work with.
Great enviroment to learn superior customer service
Personal Vacation Advisor, Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
What a great experience working for Disney. They are known for their world class service... and they training you receive on how to have that level of service with every encounter, is worth every sacrifice I made to work here. The benefits are pretty good, the perks are amazing.
Pros
Great place for top notch experience.
Cons
Terrible pay for the area. Large wage and cost of living gap. Disney doesnt help that problem
Lot's of opportunites at the House of Mouse
Sr. Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 7, 2016
Although I was part of a huge, sudden lay off, I am not in any way upset at TWDC. It's what to expect when you work for such a huge corporation.

During my nearly 10 years here, I've been allowed grow professionally from EA to a Sr Marketing Coordinator. The management here fosters growth and learning and, if one has the ambition, the sky is the limit. It's all about where you decide to take it.
College Program - Review
Merchandise Cast Member (Sales Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
The hours may be busy and the shifts may finish late but to be able to learn from one of the top companies that pride itself in excellent customer service is amazing. Workers and managers may differ from location to location, but for the people I worked it, it was fantastic and such a pleasure to be around. I also gained valuable skills here in teamwork, cash handling, stock take and learning to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Amazing Co-Workers, Fantastic Training, Guest Experiences
Cons
Long Hours, Closing Shifts, Low Pay
fun and friendly
Supervisor (key holder) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
Working with customers, very upbeat environment, everyone was friendly.We would celebrate birthdays and sell amusement park tickets. They gave us passes for the parks just for product knowledge as well as we would take store trips to the newest Disney movies to help build rapport with guest and increase sales.
Management was awesome they promoted team work and lead by example.
Pros
free tickets to themes parks
Cons
store closed peramently
Excellent work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMay 12, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Disney. Everyday was more like living out my childhood and much less did not feel like work. The pay was great and fit my busy school schedule. Everyday i got to interact with children of all ages and my communication skills grew very much. I left working The Disney Store because at the time I was transferring schools. Disney is an excellent company to work for and I have absolutlely nothing negative to say about the company ever.
Pros
Great benefits and fun atmosphere
If you love Disney its a fun place to work except,
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801May 25, 2016
If you love Disney, working at the Disney store can be a lot of fun, however, don't ever take it as a full time job. The hours are really bad and the management team's are really poor at communicating with their fellow employees. Trying to change shifts is next to near impossible. It's fun for a high school job.
Pros
discounts, and yearly disney passes
Cons
barely a break room, poor management, no hours
Happiest Place to Work.
Secretary III - Administrative Assistnat (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 16, 2016
TWDC is the a great place to work. Managment, co-workers are all team oriented people that are willing to share with others what it takes to advance in the Company. A very family friendly place to work. I enjoyed TWDC as my work was valued by management and co-workers alike.
Pros
Advancement and project possibilities.
Cons
Entertainment industry is continually open.
It was an experience the company has very high standards.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2016
To work in the Walt Disney World company is to experience the living legacy of its creator, Walt E. Disney. It was fun, fast, and always something new each day.

I learned how to accommodate for language barriers, system failure, and how to completely turn around a guest experience from sad to superb. Everything is really all for them and their life ling memories made here.

My fellow cast members were like family. We spend countless number of hours together doing something enjoyable and it was always about creating these tangible memories and moments of happiness for guests.

The hardest part of work was leaving. It was an amazing experience and I'm glad I was able to live in it once.
Pros
Complimentary park entrance tickets.
Cons
Low wages as internship cast member.

4.3