The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,492 reviews matching the search
Fun work place awesome management..
Quality Control Inspector/Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  4795 Imagination Dr Memphis TNJuly 20, 2017
Everyone was treated as a boss,no one job was more important than the next because it took the team to be successful. Pleasant work place great benefits health care benefits just awesome. Best management team ever.
Pros
Opportunities to move up quickly, all the overtime you wanted.
Cons
Great health care, employees stock shares.
Fun workplace to interact with people from all over the world of all ages.
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2017
A typical day at work is helping out guest and interacting with guest to make their visit to their resort a pleasant one. Its fun being able to make magic for guest and just learn about other families daily struggles. The management is great, they are always there for you when you need someone to talk to or when you need any type of help.
Great company
Corporate Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for! A lot of great people in the company which I think is what makes it great. Would highly recommend it if you love Disney!!!!!
Pros
Disney passes
Awesome
DIGITAL PHOTO IMAGING PHOTOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
It's Disney after all...Its the most awesome company I've worked for. Recommend it for everyone who lives in the Orlando area. It is fun and you can adjust your schedule as needed.
Fun brand to work for
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 19, 2017
Company will sacrifice you to save a buck. WDW is currently targeting long term cast members that have the company pension program. They are increasing job responsibilities so that the individual can no long meet the expectations then forcing the person out of the company along with their pension savings. This saves the company a lot of money.
Pros
Great brand and team members
Cons
Leadership will not stand by you, No longer value long term employees
I recommend this job to those who love to make people happy.
Cast Member (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed going to work every day. I was able to make guest smile by making magical happen on a daily basis. The management style was very well planned. We always knew what to do and how to do it. If we have any questions all we had to do was ask and someone was always willing to help.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
College program
Food and Beverage Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Would highly suggest to anyone in college who needs a break from school , money and something nice on your resume. I loved the people I worked with here and I loved my home when I was part of it. I only say I disliked a few managers here and there and a constant rush but I miss it everyday. I highly suggest going for it.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long hours, angry customers, poor leadership at some points
I would not have left Disney but our center was outsourced.
Castmember- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 16, 2017
At Disney Direct Marketing we were a call center that handled the Disney Catalog, Disneystore.com, Disney Movie Collection, Disney Club and took dining reservations for restaurants at Walt Disney World. The office was enjoyable to work in and many of us had no plans to leave until our center was outsourced.
Benefits
Cons
Closed
great
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 16, 2017
really enjoyed my time working here. I learned a lot of interpersonal and management skills that I can take with me to any job I take in the future. Great company to work for
Horrific culture at Corporate office
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 16, 2017
Talk about cut throat!! There are some good people but it is substantially outweighed by the folks that will stab you in a split second. Very demanding job with low pay as they rely on the Brand.
Pros
Infrastructure
Cons
Cut throats
The DRC can be a fun place to work
e-Commerce Internet Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2017
Since the Disney Reservations Center office can sometimes feel disconnected, they do bring characters to visit the call center, for photo ops and meet and greets.

The pay does not stay up to industry standards, however the benefits of the cast members being able to go to the theme parks and taking friends and family, the discounts on resort stays, and at select dining and shopping locations makes up for some of the pay discrepancy.

When working for Walt Disney World if you start out in the call centers, and you want advancement, it is better to be in the Orlando office, the Tampa office does not really give the opportunity to network, that is needed to advance in the company.
Pros
Character visits / free admission
Cons
No life work balance, A LOT of OT
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2017
fun place to work and always have the team helping each other out and always leaning something new with your teammate. the pay is ok but nothing much to do
Love working for Disney!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 14, 2017
They don't have to pay a lot because Disney is a great company to have on your resume. Excellent work/life balance, security, culture, travel discounts and management.
A fun place to work
General Teller (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 14, 2017
I work at Flying Fish a signature Restaurant, I'm a seater / General Teller , I greet guests at entry and bring them to assigned table. End of shift a bank out all servers and bring cash to bank ! I enjoy most the interaction with the guests that come from all over the world
My Walt Disney World experience
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 14, 2017
I worked in this theme park for 7 years as a sideman. I never had a problem. Typically I would work a 7 hour shift playing three different shows in the theme parks. In two position I would engage in conversation with the guests and have fun with them.
Other jobs require that I don't engage with the guests.
Pros
Great Money, Great People, Great Fun
Cons
not a full time status position.
fun college job
Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 13, 2017
Easy job to get, but very hard to work at. They teach you a lot though, and you become more professional the longer you work there. Good job to teach discipline, patience, and develop other skills you'll need later in life. The benefits make it worth it.
Great Corporate Culture
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
Very transparent company. They do what they say, and say what they do. Not meant for everyone. Takes a special person to be a successful Cast Member.
Best experience of my life!
Actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
Working as a performer for Disney was an amazing experience. Losts of Benefits, medical care is only a snap away, pay is great, when you travel, you receive per diem to spend on whatever you want. and the Culture is amazing. Everyone is happy to be working doing something they love.
Pros
Free Food, Great Staff, Great Environment, Fast Medical Attention, Overall, Great culture
Cons
Long Hours (but you don't notice because everyone is enjoying their job.)
Fun but stressful
Intern Position at NYIT DeSeversky Mansion (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
In the position that I was located at Disney World, it was extremely busy all day long. They put a ton of responsibility on the cast members, which was a positive for me. A downfall was that management typically never worked in the same position so they can only understand from a distance.
Pros
Free park entry
Cons
lack of training
Fun company, fun job, awful managers
Academic Exchange Program - Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work on a day to day basis, getting to make magic for thousands of people on their vacation, getting to learn leadership from a pioneer in the industry. However the management at the company, the front line managers are awful depending on which location your in. The recreation managers where I worked were severely lacking and quite bad
Pros
Making Magic & Free Park Entry worldwide
Cons
17 Hour Shifts sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2