The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,961 reviews matching the search
Every Day is "Magical!"
Manager, Development Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2016
DATG is a great company to work for. They are at the forefront of the latest technology. I have learned a lot from my colleagues over the years and they helped make my job more than just a job.
Pros
disney discounts
Cons
no room or advancement, technology changing
Excellent
Part-time work at Epcot parking lot (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
Disney is an excellent employer; empowering cast to create a magical day for its guests.
Training new cast members to ensure operational steps were learned & assisted in their proficiency.
Spieling was very enjoyable & greeting the guests
great environment
Educational Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2016
the whole work there was amazing even the staff, i took alot from that and use still today in daily life. that job taught me a lot about myself as person and how to handle issues but also how to enjoy work like its not all bad
magical
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
beautiful experience everybody should do it. Interesting working with diffefrent cultures and being a team gooing to the parks a nd knowing how to treat everybody as equall .
Great benefits and pay
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIAugust 24, 2016
Management wasn't the best. They provide lunch for all employees which is awesome. my favorite was make your own ramen day. the job itself was easy enough. They run everything by Tenure so all the higher tenure Cast Members slack off while the lower tenure Cast Members work hard.
Great!
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2016
The company as a whole provides cast members with so many areas for growth. The standards are very high but it provides cast members with a purpose to obtain and exceed these expectations on a daily basis. If you take everything you can away from the experience you will transform professionally, very quickly. The company has a very strong presence of networking, so its important to get to know everyone.
Pros
positive energy, high standards, ability to promote
Cons
very competitive, precision is extremely important
A happy and safe place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, FLAugust 22, 2016
Disney: the happiest place! thanks to a fully training gives the chance to give the best experience for the guests and for the fellow cast members. Managers and coordinators are a inspiration for going above and beyond. always wearing the best sincere simile!
gives the opportunity to grow personally and professionally thanks to meeting, safety teams and training pears.
opportunity to make guests day magic and unique
Competitive environment
Senior financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 20, 2016
Provide a lot of learning opportunities, room to grow and Competitive environment.
Work with very selective talented co-workers with a little bit of fun
Great Atmosphere but Lousy Job
eCommerce sales and service agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
I can not say enough about the friendly atmosphere and commeraderie amongst the Cast Members at the Walt Disney company. Everyone there is super friendly and great. The job, however, was mind-numbingly boring and did not pay very well. Opportunity to advance in the company was non-existent, despite what some there may say. Management, while still nice people who are easy to get along with, were not interested in helping staff succeed or advance.
Pros
Free Disney tickets
Cons
Boring thankless job
Great Job with the vacation Club
Advance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 19, 2016
Meet with people from all over the world. Learned to advance my sales skills. get to work in a different location everyday. Meet different types of people. Sell an amazing product. Seeing people year after year that thank you for selling them the Vacation club.
Pros
Best job you can have at Disney World
Cons
Management some not all
Fun place to work
Attractions Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 18, 2016
Overall wonderful company to work for. Highly interactive environment, which is great because it makes the work day fly by. Only downside is the parking situation which gets a little ridiculous during the holidays or on busy days.
Pros
Complimentary admission, local discounts
Cons
Parking during peak season
Relatively laid back but co-workers and some leads can be extremely immature/irresponsible.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
In and of itself the job was interesting and fun, and I did learn a lot about the QA field for video games, but the management seemed to be lacking. There was a very negative vibe among co-workers and the lead would do nothing to help solve the issues. I also experienced harassment many days for my beliefs. There were some very helpful people that helped me get started but more than often I felt like I was dumped in a playpen with a group of little boys. The best part of the job was when we were actually doing the job and discussing the games, the bugs, etc. that was about the only time you could actually have a conversation with many of the testers without them being straight up jerks.
Pros
free snacks and drinks, some arcade games in common area, got to play Disney games all day, learned about bug tracking software and QA process
Cons
the vibe among co-workers was a lot more negative than I had expected, a lot of animosity among testers and immaturity
Learned a lot from this company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working at Walt Disney was challenging and fulfilling as well.
The trainings and the systems were wonderful experiences for me. I treasure them and have used them on my next work assignments.

I worked at Disney very seriously that I felt challenged in succeeding every role I got.

Management at Disney depended on the personality. I knew that overall the company had good management.

Working with Disney was very fulfilling.
Pros
Trainings and experiences.
Cons
Compensation
It's amazing
Lead (Current Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 17, 2016
It's like a job I've never had before. Everyones friendly. It feels like you're at the park sometimes. If you have a chance to work for the company, do it. It will lead you to different places.
I enjoy dealing with our International Guests coming to Walt Disney World and booking Walt Disney Cruises
WDTC UK Sales and Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2016
Typical day at the inbound call center is assisting our UK guests with payments booking their Walt Disney World Resort Holidays and Walt Disney World Cruises. We deal with customers as well as Travel Agents booking cruises out of Cape Canaveral and Europe. I enjoy my co-workers and my leader. The most difficult part is the commute. I am hoping to get work at home. I enjoy making the magic for our travel agents and guests so that they have the best experience possible. I am looking for part time work on Tues and Wed. and possibly I am available on Sunday afternoons.
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
the commute
Positive Atmosphere/Underpaid
Attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2016
Working at Disney is a great experience because there are a lot of different opportunities, including ways to volunteer and participate in extra curricular activities. A typical day at work for me is providing the best customer service possible to the many guests that visit Magic Kingdom and helping them with any questions they may have, while maintaining good "show". I work in attractions, so a lot of my job is very fast paced and safety critical. I operate both Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, perform safety checks, monitor the rides and ensure that everything is running properly and in a timely manner, greet and welcome guests, and act appropriately during medical emergencies. I have learned a TON about how Disney works as a company inside and out, and I have learned how to be even more open with talking to people and being patient.

My coworkers are all amazing and yet different in their own ways. We all work as a team and provide different strengths to our job. Each position affects the other positions, so we have to all be efficient and ensure that we are doing our jobs properly so that our coworkers can be efficient and safe with their jobs as well.

Sometimes he hardest part can be to be patient and understanding with guests when they hold up our process that we need to move quickly, but that helps me to be more understanding of people in general, so I appreciate the challenge. Also, I do feel that for the amount of responsibility we have and the amount of work that we do, attractions cast members should get paid more. It is a very unique and tough job
  more... in that it takes a certain set of skills to accomplish everything perfectly, as well as represent the company's most loved areas in a positive way.

My favorite part of working for Disney, and especially my job, is making people happy. Seeing people smile and help them to enjoy their vacation or help make their wishes come true is the #1 thing that I love about my job. We have Make A Wish families and cancer survivors every day, as well as children who are riding their first rides and families who are together for a final reunion. I get to be a part of that and help make their time special. That is something I will take with me forever.
Pros
Helping others and gaining once in a lifetime experiences
Cons
Underpaid
Disney College Program
Merchandise (Former Employee) –  World of DisneyAugust 14, 2016
I have made some of the best memories here and met so many interesting people. The environment is fast-paced at the store I worked (World of Disney). Had a wide range of responsibilities which made it a great learning experience.
Pros
Easily able to trade shifts in the Merchandise role, managers and coordinators at my store were very helpful, it felt like a big family. Free admission to parks. Fun events and volunteer opportunities.
Cons
Being in the college program, the benefits and compensation are not so great.
Working with the mouse
Magic Kingdom Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Working for Disney is something many only dream of. In this case, I participated in the Disney College Program; a work and study program. This is a great opportunity to network with young professionals around the world. At Disney, you get access to the parks and 20% off merchandise. Working for a fortune 100 company is great experience for any young professional in college.
Pros
Park access, 20% off merchandise
Cons
low pay rate, extensive hours
Busy, super fast-paced, fun and challenging place to work
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Hawaii- Aulani ResortAugust 13, 2016
My typical day consisted of badging in and getting ready for my shift. I worked in the front as a bellman, so once guests would arrive at the resort Valet would help hem out there car and we would start unloading their luggage and any other personal items. I would then escort them up to their room, and show them the basic. Was an extremely fast-paced environment but very rewarding because I got to meet lots of different guest, some celebrities, and athletes. I worked with a great bunch of co-workers who also made the job so rewarding and fun. The hardest part of the job was the beginning ..when I was getting used to doing so much walking back and forth and had to get in shape. Once I caught on it was not an issue. Most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different guests and the diverse guests and overall customer service.
Pros
Diverse work place, working with guests, free lunch, uniform, incentives
Cons
Overnight Shifts
Fun workplace!
Convention Guide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2016
Great workplace, weather can take a toll on you. A typical day consists of meeting with the team, attending a brief to see what is happening within the day and your shift. Followed by going to get your equipment and heading out to your location / venue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

4.2
Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
5. The Walt Disney Company
6. Four Seasons
7. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
8. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
9. Renaissance Hotel