The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,138 reviews matching the search
Great cast members, poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2016
The company as a whole seems to lack the magic it was first inspired by and more money hungry. management needs to be restructured throughout the company - at least in parks & resorts - and there should be better pay. The benefits are great and the cast members are incredible. The company is misleading in regards to career advancement - you are told you can move up but company loyalty seems to not matter since alot of higher positions seem to come from outside whereas current cast members stay stagnant in their current roles which creates frustration and resentment - this needs to change. Also, the pay needs to improve - cast members are the face of Disney and should be treated with more love and respect - cast members are being paid at poverty rates which is not cool.
Incredible environment for creative growth.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  BurbankOctober 7, 2016
A great opportunity to enrich and enhance the lives of an under served target audience. Working within the Disney company provided amazing exposure and chances for advancement. As with any large company senior management can be a challenge as they often are listening to financial as opposed to the audience. Resulting in slow release and often behind the curve in core deliverables. All in all a very positive environment with expected shortfalls.
Pros
Creative workforce, team environment great benefits.
Cons
Senior management often impedes progress due to relational issues.
My Time here
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I had issues with Disney from the start. It took them four months to get back to me after my interview and then it was hard to speak with management about anything. I felt like management was always against me and constantly trying to find flaws in what I did as well as other people. I was set to work part time only but was forced into working full-time hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad benefits, disrespectful management
Working for the Happiest Place on Earth
Electrician - Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Working for Disney is a dream job. If you have your heart in their mission, which is to be the most largest entertainment industry in the world, and you value the guests and know that their happiness is #1, you will do fine.

I worked the night shift, performing PM work on Disney's largest and most advanced ride, Radiator Springs Racers. The technology behind Disney is world class and they set the standard for safety and excellence. The cast of Disney share that same vision and it is important to become a part of the team.

Management was always friendly and helpful to me and, like everyone you work with, become your friends who you value. The hardest part for me, which really wasn't that hard, was getting used to working third shift and sleeping during the day.
Pros
Disney benefits are first class. Being part of the magic.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Overall good company for which to work
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2016
Overall, the company is enjoyable. The company does a lot of good in the community and being part of the brand can be fun. As a general rule, there are fun team building events and quality leadership to help with professional development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn something new if you take initiative.

I wish there was more work-life balance in the company as a whole. Some departments are better than others. Not all departments emphasize or hold as many team events either.

I have heard other companies pay better salaries, but the total benefits package is nice. Good medical, decent retirement plans, and other fringe benefits for a good total package.
Pros
Lots of leaning oportunites
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority in all departments
Great Work life balance, Good career opportunities
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great Work life balance
Good career opportunities
Competitive Salary
Perks like park tickets for family
Management is highly professional
Fun Place to Work
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cinderella's Castle, Magic KingdomAugust 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has many benefits for workers, such as free park entry, and discounts on all merchandise, some food locations, and lodging.
For the bibbidi bobbidi boutique, a typical day would consist of coming into work with a positive, happy, smiling attitude and greeting the guests while in the Cinderella themed language. Management was personable, and willing to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was having a language barrier between some of the guests and myself. Luckily I speak Spanish, so I was able to help, not only myself while working, but also my coworkers, who called me over often to help with a Spanish speaking family. My favorite part of the job, was finally seeing the little girls face when she finally saw herself as a princess for the first time, and knowing I made a child smile, and to have the little girl really believe that she is a princess in the most magical place on Earth.
Pros
Amazing guest interactions, being covered in pixie dust, sweet coworkers, making magic for the guests.
Cons
Specifically in the BBB there was very limited room for advancement.
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work and develop
Analyst, Food and Beverage Business Optimization (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Project based work, so lots of ad hoc request. Fun data mining 90% and 10% was month end consolidating. I developed my excel, data mining and deck presentation skills. Management style was supportive and always asked how they can help you reach your career goals. Co-workers were great and happy. The hardest part of the job was finding the most accurate data, due to so many data sources. The most enjoyable part was the analytical work and fun ad hoc requests.
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
It's Disney
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Disney for the longest time. I worked at a brand new animation studio and enjoyed the people for the most part. I never could connect with my peers being among an older/family job crew. Lots of great parties and celebrations among the several lay-offs and project cancellations.
Pros
Great culture, amazing work/life balance.
Cons
No room for internal growth. Can stagnate in the same position.
Fun place to work, low wages for their Cast Members.
Attractions Core Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 19, 2016
The pay doesn't match the work that is entailed for their leadership team at the resort. There is little to no room for advancement. Its a great part time job, but as a full time cast member, you cannot survive off these wages.
Pros
Fun & the health benefits are great.
Cons
Cannot live off these wages working 40+ hours a week
Learned a lot from this company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working at Walt Disney was challenging and fulfilling as well.
The trainings and the systems were wonderful experiences for me. I treasure them and have used them on my next work assignments.

I worked at Disney very seriously that I felt challenged in succeeding every role I got.

Management at Disney depended on the personality. I knew that overall the company had good management.

Working with Disney was very fulfilling.
Pros
Trainings and experiences.
Cons
Compensation
Not for teachers!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 29, 2016
Yes you read it right, Disney has a children's center in Burbank and Glendale and I had the unfortunate pleasure of working at the Glendale site. These teachers are so prideful and rude, you couldn't do anything without getting snitched on to management that you're not being "Disney show" The needs of the children never come first, it's always look good in front of parents. The management played favorites, even teachers who were cussing other teachers out, nothing happened to them because they were favored. People with bad attitudes got to do whatever they want, like sweep sand all day and not even interact with the kids.
I had to watch my back everyday for fear of my job. This place doesn't know a thing about education and professionalism.

I'm sure the rest of the company is fine, but if you're thinking of working at their preschool I would think twice. It was not a great experience at all!
Pros
Good benefits
Competitive and Results Driven Department
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
While overall a fantastic company to work for, the events department is extremely stressful as clients/Guests are passed on to different departments through the Sales to the Service stage. As a result, Guests can have flawed expectations of type of event they will receive or how it will actually be executed. It takes great partnerships and precise communication to the event staff to successfully pull off events at Disney.
Pros
Discounts on Disney experiences
Cons
Difficult work life balance, many people competing for roles which makes advancement difficult
Great coworkers but pay does not reflect the work we do
CA Adventure Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I love working at Walt Disney Co. in Anaheim. The people I work with make the days so much better. However, I don't believe we get paid nearly enough for all the work that we do. Sometimes I do the work of custodial, maintenance, and attraction cast members all at one attraction on any given day. Not to mention the constant strain on our emotional stability, especially since I've been attacked 4 times since I started working there 7 months ago, and no one even bothered to try and help me at work. I believe this job is worth it because making magic for children is the best feeling in the world. I just wish I had more hours, job security, and better pay.
Pros
free admission to parks, great coworkers
Cons
low pay, not enough hours, worst guests in the world
Productive, fun and exciting work environment
Professional Chemistry Internship (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at Disney consisted of daily water quality testing. I learned a tremendous amount about the importance of water chemistry and how that can affect a marine habitat. The management at Disney was incredible. They were extremely knowledgeable in their field and worked very hard to make sure the interns learned a lot during their internship. The people I worked around made the experience even better and are honestly one of the things I miss most. Everybody is excited to be working at Disney and conflict rarely arose within the team. The hardest part of the job was carrying all the equipment around to the different habitats. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with and making guests smile.
Pros
Working with incredible people
Cons
Carrying lots of equipment around with you
Great company & fantastic team
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 30, 2016
Working for the creators of the happiest place on earth is a thrill.
The company and culture are focused on the employee's wellness and work/life balance and workplace innovation.
Great Networking possibilities
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 23, 2016
Good base for learning and developing in your career as you start out. Able to grow your personal and professional brand by partnering with various different departments on a daily basis. Good medical and educational benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2