The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Lots of rules but very fair
Working Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Free Disney parks admission, good pay
Cons: Terrible hours, seniority rules everything
I didn't like working here because I am not a "Disney" person but its actually a pretty good job. Everything is based on seniority so don't expect to get any holidays off the first year or two you work there and don't expect to get weekends off or early shifts regularly for 5+ years. You can always request certain schedules when you need them and the scheduling team always tried to work with me. The pay is pretty good and advancement is pretty easy to a point but its based on your record so just make sure your attendance doesn't suck. There are also a bunch of rules on what you can and cant wear and it seems to be a college job for a lot of people so expect to have at least on coworker who is just there to start drama.
A Great Career Choice
IT Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TXJuly 29, 2015
The Walt Disney Company is a great career choice with ample opportunities, great benefits and pleasant work environment. Clean and friendly workspaces are required, not requested. I was let go due to a business unit closure but the severance, pension, bonus and other packages were above and beyond what others may have offered. I go back in minute.
very fun and active work place
Senior Consultant (Accretive Solutions) (Former Employee), glendale caJuly 29, 2015
Pros: relax environment, friendly
good team, life time work experience missed team members, friendly management team, on time help, flexible hours and timely training
Extra Stressful
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
This company expects a re great deal of character animation in your voice. It would be a good place to work if management would not give you a QA in the beginning or middle of your work shift. A bad QA makes it hard to have a successful day when done at the wrong times.
Great corporate culture and benefits
Guest Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Frequent special cast events, unlimited park access for yourself and limited access for friends and family
Cons: Poor advancement opportunities and low pay scale.
The benefits are wonderful, but there is little opportunity for advancement, and the pay is mediocre at best.

If you are comfortable with your pay and the role you were hired for you will only get happier as time goes on, as the corporate culture in general in fantastic.
Fast-pace Workplace & wonderful for guest experience
FOOD SERVICE TRAINER (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 23, 2015
The Walt Disney Company has the most exceptional guest service skills. I work with guests on a daily basis anticipating their needs and making sure they have a pleasant interaction and experience while visiting the theme park. I learned that the guest is not always right, but it is my responsibility to make it right for them. I have learned to maintain a conducive work environment and working in a team. As a trainer I am the first person the new cast members meet for their new positions and location so I must make a positive and productive impression. I guide the new employees in the Disney values as well as teach them our daily tasks and work ethic. My co-workers became my second family and we all work together to achieve a common goal. I thrive off of interpersonal communication, and I enjoy making a personal connection with guests and cast members alike.
Family Feel with Opportunity
Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great perks
Cons: Pay/Salary
This is a great company for people and has a family/community feel. There is lots of opportunity to move to affiliated companies as well as any of the other theme parks around the world. There is room for management growth, even if you don't have a college degree.

There are some setbacks, as the pay scale is low on most office/professional jobs compared to same position outside of the company. Also, I have witnessed a lot of "sweeping under the rug" and cooperate policy can sometimes get in the way of morale.
Exciting work environment at a forward thinking disciplined company
Assistant General Counsel - Distribution (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great work environment, growing business, interesting work
Cons: typical issues of a big company
Exciting time to be involved in this enterprise as there are many exciting initiatives at the company. Positive work environment with smart, hard working and personable fellow employees.
Great company to work for.
Sec III to EVP & VP (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good benefits. Free park entrance!
Cons: Difficult to get promotion.
Fun place to work. Learned a lot. This company includes great benefits which also included company perks. The culture is very friendly and family-based. The people that I worked with are mostly great. Very hard to get promotion though.
Excellent experience
Revenue Management Pricing Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2015
Disney is a wonderful company to put applied analytics to the test in a real time setting. Revenue management is a highly regarded department within the greater organization - providing detailed analytics to help drive business decisions.
Fun and energizing workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 17, 2015
You have the opportunity to make magical experiences for the guests shopping in the store. Playing with the little ones and engaging with the adults creating unique experiences for them while in the store is the best part of the job.
Fantastic perks, great people, ton of fun but fewer full-time prospects
Communications Intern (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 14, 2015
Disney has an amazing, happy and creative work culture. I loved interning there, and hope to continue working with the company in California.
Great Place to Visit, Disappointing Place to Work
Disney's Animal Kingdom's Secretary - Temporary (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great entertainment, great culture of diversity and inclusion, excellent benefits
Cons: No opportunity of advancement, lackluster management, very low salary
Walt Disney World is a world-class vacation destination, but behind the scenes there is very little opportunity for advancement. Management at this company is very inconsistent and does not communicate well with their co-workers. The Cast Members (employees) working for this company are very special people that are underpaid, and not respected for the work they put forth to make peoples' vacations incredible. This company is extremely money hungry, and does not care about their workers as long as the dollar signs keep rolling in. The most enjoyable parts of my career with Disney has to be seeing the smiling faces of the guests when they enter into the Park, as well as being able to enjoy the Disney Parks after work with friends and family for free. The hardest part of the job was to advance and establish a secure career here, as even with graduating top-of-class with a bachelor's degree in honors Finance, I was still being forced to work in a job which skills were minimal, and the only educational requirement was a high school diploma.
fun place to work at.
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: expensice
your work is what you make it. it is a fun place to work at...give a raise every year, a lot of over time can work in all three theme parks.
Great benefits and company perks
Specialist, Learning and Development (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJuly 9, 2015
This company includes great benefits which also included company perks. The culture is very friendly and family-based mission and vision.
Fun work place.
Stone Mason (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FloridaJuly 8, 2015
Enjoyable work place, fast paced and exciting. Everyday was different but I was still able to exercise my skills to their full potential. Co- workers were all team members. What I enjoyed most of all was going in everyday and being able to perform masonry.
Many activities for employee engagement.
Secretary III (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Employee interaction and advancements.
Cons: Spending your hard earned money back into the Company.
Secretarial duties, dictation, transcription, agreement processing. Behind the scene at Disney. Team oriented enviornment. Accomplishment and gratitude from senior level management upon completions of projects.
Great company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Very good company to work for. The training provided is great and continuous. The main goal is to make the guests feel special and create a memorable experience. The cast member responsibility is to make it fun by using all the tools the company provides.
Very rewarding work environment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Making Magic
Cons: Long sceduled shifts
Typical day consisted of Making Magic for the thousands of guests visiting the Theme parks.
Learned a lot about my self and what make me happy.
Management was very supportive and helped meet goals daily
Co-workers are fun and enjoyed their job.
The hardest part of my job is saying no or something that can not be done for a guest.
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with the diversity of the guests visiting everyday and making a difference in their experience.
Fast pace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Disneyland passes, discounted merchandise, great benefits and good people
Cons: Not much room for promotion in my department
The role itself had time sensitive deadlines daily since we worked with the East Coast. Commercial paper would have to be traded before the stock market closed. I definitely learned a lot about Disney's Accounts and how to invest money so that it does not stay in the bank over night. The job was difficult but the people and the company perks make it all worth it.

1 2 3 4 5