The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,924 reviews matching the search
Corporate Challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Disney is an amazing company, though their corporate culture really limits the development of their employees. Management mandates a high degree of deferential treatment to senior leaders and perpetuates a very hierarchical environment. It is difficult and time consuming to drive results. The benefits and pride of working for such a strong brand does offset this negative component somewhat, though working in the Corporate segment presents cultural challenges that are not as prevalent in other companies.
Pros
Brand recognition, benefits, free parks admission, pride in amazing companies
Cons
Too hierarchical, stiff and formal culture in the corporate segment, lack of openness from leadership
Very relaxed environment
Customer Service and Training (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
This was an amazing job and I like to believe that if they were still in the area that I would still be with the company. I started as a Customer Service Rep taking orders in an inbound call center and quickly became a Guest Relations Specialist taking care of the Customer when things went wrong with the orders. Prior to accepting a role as a trainer I did a season as a Lead with a team of 12 to 16 people under me. The remainder of my time with the company was spent as a Trainer teaching new hires and mentoring them through out their time with the company. Management was great, the people that worked for this company were amazing.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney world packaged with discounts, health care and 401k options
Cons
The company no longer operates within the United States, when I left but they have return to the country not the area.
Irreplaceable Experience
Front Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Disney in general is a company that is great to work for to gain experience. It is extremely competitive and difficult to move up past entry level management. I recommend to work there, but not plan on staying your entire career.
Pros
Culture, experience, perks and benefits
Cons
Pay, stress, recognition
Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2016
*Learned management skills.
*Learned to associate with various cultures of people.
*Learned to be more creative and organized.
*Possessed timeliness.
*Assisted management with additional duties.
Pros
Management, Casual Work Environment, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
No benefits
You put up with a lot because its Disney
Director (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 9, 2016
It should be a fun place to work. The cool products and IP keep you going - but the culture is a drag. It really isn't enjoyable and its very political. Its not until you work somewhere else that you realize how unhappy you were at Disney.
Pros
Disney perks
Cons
Management is corrupt, no advancement
Benefits are awesome beyond the salary.
Disney Photo Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 16, 2016
Typical day at work is with 30,000 to 50,000 people in the Magic Kingdom..You learn how to deal with others and solve issues quickly. Hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers who dont seem to care about what they do. The most enjoyable part is watching people smile when they meet their favorite character or see the castle for the first time.
Pros
Get into parks for free, health benfits, 401K
Cons
low salary, management, hard to move up
Amazing people centric job with awesome benefits and a positive atmosphere
College Internship (Merchandise) (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 12, 2016
Everyday is different.
Various tasks so the job never gets boring.
Guest interaction is a huge plus.
Management is amazing and helpful.
Dealing with upset guests during the holidays is the most challenge part of the job.
Benefits are amazing.
Pros
amazing benefits, free park entry, discounts, family discounts.
Cons
guest can be crabby during high volume seasons, pay could be better.
Good For Students but easy to get stuck
Anaheim - Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 16, 2016
Disneyland is a great place to work if you need to get through school. It pays higher than any other entry level job out of high school probably will. However once you are in a location it can be easy to get stuck and transferring is a lengthy process. While they will make attempts to work with a school schedule, dont expect holidays off. They are very strict on appearance and management is a hit ot miss depending on location in the park. Most locations in the park can be very stressful as well since you are dealing with a large amount of guests on a daily basis.
Pros
Good Starting pay, semi flexible part time schedule
Cons
Strict appearance policy, so-so management, Stressful work environment
Productive and fun place to work
COMPLIANCE PROJECT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 27, 2016
Best Corporate Culture with excellent work

Flex schedules
Work at home opportunities
Free theme parks tickets and free private screening events
Great Culture that promotes networking
Pros
Free theme parks tickets
Cons
Hard to advance career
Terrific Group of co-workers
Layout Artist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Overall, Disney is a great place to work. Co-workers and supervisors are some of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.
The big downside is the complete lack of job security and long stretches of overtime. Truth is, that is how the animation business is and overtime at Disney is still much easier than the visual effects industry.
Pros
Culture is awesome. Sense of pride in the final product. Nice perks such as Disneyland passes.
Cons
No job security.
great
Stage Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2016
passionate workers and good work environment career goals lots of benefits caring management i really enjoyed working there it helped me start my path to my career in live sound
Pros
free food
Fun place to work
Resource / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Walt Disney was a magical place to work. Relaxed atmosphere, raised desk, gym and great people. I enjoyed working with all different teams such as iOS Developers, android Developers.

Onsite and offsite event planning. I got chance to host Disney event in lots of Hotels in the Seattle area.
Pros
Free Begals
Cons
No parks in Seattle
Every land is different.
Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working at Disneyland was a great experience, especially for a first job. They give you the opportunity to move up, for the most part, but to get really far you have to network and make sure that you are the managers' favorite. Every land is different, so my experience is probably different from other cast members. The management team in my land, as a whole, were very inconsistent, unorganized, and unfair, unless you were a favorite. It's a very seniority based company. You can be the worst worker in the entire world but you wouldn't get in trouble if you've been there a long time. My cast members are the reason I love my job. I love seeing their work ethic improve and I love being the lead they can trust.
Pros
Disney perks, Ability to pick up shifts, Saying you work for Disneyland
Cons
Seniority based, Parking, No social life during peak season
AAA Gaming with a heart
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CitySeptember 4, 2015
I'll start with the cons, which are fairly typical for the AAA gaming industry. The crunchtimes were long and brutal, and the pay was hardly competitive. However, if you can stomach long hours, the environment and work itself was well worth it. The project was large and complex enough that testing was never the same thing every day. There were always new features to play with and new areas of the game to help out on, so boredom was not a danger. If you were working late you could expect a well-made free catered dinner. Management was always receptive to new ideas for test plans and personal requests.
Pros
Rewarding work, good coworkers, relaxed yet hard-working environment
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Great place to be
Member Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLOctober 25, 2015
Great benefits lots of perks
Very structured
You feel like part of the magic here
Cast Members are happy
The culture here is very different than anywhere I have worked. A lot of rules and things you need to learn along the way. At times can be very challenging. However peers are always willing to assist when needed. It's a great company with a lot of great people
Pros
Free parks, great benifits
Cons
no work life balance
Great place to work!
Innoventions Presenter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2016
I loved my time working at the Walt Disney World Resort. The experiences I had and skills I learned are incredibly valuable, and will be used in my future career. I love the culture and the people I worked with.
Disney College Program is 10/10
Merchandising at Disney's Resort (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2016
I recommend everyone in college to apply and try to participate in this program at least once in their life. The benefits are amazing and the experience is priceless.
Pros
Park entry, culture, traditions
Cons
Early shifts
Fast paced work environment with helpful colleagues, but tough work schedules.
Guest Service Agent / Concierge (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIAugust 31, 2015
Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning about the hotel industry. The company takes care of its employees in terms of perks and retirement benefits, but the challenging work hours and lack of flexibility make it difficult to find a balance between work and personal life. Excellent work environment with helpful colleagues and management at most times; however there is a handful of politics. This is expected of a large company, but also due to the high turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable / demanding guests and trying to stay motivated as job content lacks personal merit. The best part of the job is working along side friendly colleagues and seeing guests smile.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, free lunch, free parking, discounted rates, other employee perks
Cons
unsteady work hours, late shifts, weekly schedule assignments make it difficult to plan ahead
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 19, 2015
I get to help people from all over the world plan out their Disneyland Resort vacations. I have been given opportunities offered by the management team that I wouldn't have been able to experience otherwise. The hardest part of the job is working with the system that we are to use because of the timely processes that I have to deal with when processing passes or ticket orders. I love that I get to work my friends who have become like my extended family and that I get to meet people who come to me to help make their dreams come true. Whether that be helping a boyfriend set up a surprise marriage proposal for his girlfriend or telling a little girl that she is at Disneyland for the first time in her life. This job has blessed me with the ability to come out of my shell and do the job I was hired to do while being able to have fun and sprinkle a little bit of pixie dust for those who need to remember how to believe in magic.
Pros
Free entrance for self and family/friends, discounts on merchandise
Cons
Hours aren't stable or consistent, off season could mean no hours at all, full time advancement is timely
Good Company
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2015
Disney has it down for work life balance. There has been some well deserved bad press lately on outsourcing work but at it's core a good company founded on good principals. The company has excellent benefits and much of the management still holds the principals in high standing.

4.3