The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,184 reviews matching the search
Creative entertainment company with a variety of divisions.
Financial Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I worked for Disney in both Finance and Accounting. I found it challenging, exciting, and creative. In 19 years, I was never bored! There are always new lines of business, new acquisitions, and new directions. The company is demanding and I worked very hard. The perks include free passes to the parks, deep discounts on merchandise, an excellent Commuter Assistance program, and challenging opportunities. The benefits are good, although the salaries are not high.
Pros
Good benefits, great perks. A globally loved brand.
Cons
Low salaries, difficulty in work/life balance, little opportunity for advancement.
Great cast members, poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2016
The company as a whole seems to lack the magic it was first inspired by and more money hungry. management needs to be restructured throughout the company - at least in parks & resorts - and there should be better pay. The benefits are great and the cast members are incredible. The company is misleading in regards to career advancement - you are told you can move up but company loyalty seems to not matter since alot of higher positions seem to come from outside whereas current cast members stay stagnant in their current roles which creates frustration and resentment - this needs to change. Also, the pay needs to improve - cast members are the face of Disney and should be treated with more love and respect - cast members are being paid at poverty rates which is not cool.
Super fun and fast paced
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Loved working here not only for the benefits but you actually have fun working. The happiness is contagious and the culture is strong and enforced. I like the communication with management and teams. Clear instructions and everyone helping each other.You can even see the ceo working by your side at times, it's an awesome company regardless of how big it is, it focuses on employees and making the customer happy.
Pros
HAPPINESS. CAFETERIA, BENEFITS, MANAGEMENT, BREAKS, CULTURE, TRAINING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Incredible environment for creative growth.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  BurbankOctober 7, 2016
A great opportunity to enrich and enhance the lives of an under served target audience. Working within the Disney company provided amazing exposure and chances for advancement. As with any large company senior management can be a challenge as they often are listening to financial as opposed to the audience. Resulting in slow release and often behind the curve in core deliverables. All in all a very positive environment with expected shortfalls.
Pros
Creative workforce, team environment great benefits.
Cons
Senior management often impedes progress due to relational issues.
Working for the Happiest Place on Earth
Electrician - Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Working for Disney is a dream job. If you have your heart in their mission, which is to be the most largest entertainment industry in the world, and you value the guests and know that their happiness is #1, you will do fine.

I worked the night shift, performing PM work on Disney's largest and most advanced ride, Radiator Springs Racers. The technology behind Disney is world class and they set the standard for safety and excellence. The cast of Disney share that same vision and it is important to become a part of the team.

Management was always friendly and helpful to me and, like everyone you work with, become your friends who you value. The hardest part for me, which really wasn't that hard, was getting used to working third shift and sleeping during the day.
Pros
Disney benefits are first class. Being part of the magic.
Cons
Can't think of any.
My Time here
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I had issues with Disney from the start. It took them four months to get back to me after my interview and then it was hard to speak with management about anything. I felt like management was always against me and constantly trying to find flaws in what I did as well as other people. I was set to work part time only but was forced into working full-time hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad benefits, disrespectful management
Open kitchen working five different restaurant out of one kitchen
Line cook in show kitchen/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Started with prep each day and than set up stations for night shift.
Open kitchen working five different restaurants out of one kitchen. Could not leave work station during operating hours of kitchen. Management was strict. Learned a lot of new food preparation skills.
Learned to use lots of new equipment. Focused on food rather than clean at end of night. They had cleaning crew come in at night to clean stations and kitchen.
Pros
benefits and experience
Cons
long work hours without leaving show kitchen. Couldn't leave to wash hands or go to restroom.
Great Work life balance, Good career opportunities
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great Work life balance
Good career opportunities
Competitive Salary
Perks like park tickets for family
Management is highly professional
Overall good company for which to work
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2016
Overall, the company is enjoyable. The company does a lot of good in the community and being part of the brand can be fun. As a general rule, there are fun team building events and quality leadership to help with professional development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn something new if you take initiative.

I wish there was more work-life balance in the company as a whole. Some departments are better than others. Not all departments emphasize or hold as many team events either.

I have heard other companies pay better salaries, but the total benefits package is nice. Good medical, decent retirement plans, and other fringe benefits for a good total package.
Pros
Lots of leaning oportunites
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority in all departments
Interesting
Sound Engineer (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaJanuary 30, 2017
Working with Disney was a great experience i learnt a number of skills outside of my job description due to there great training they offered while working with them ranging from rigging, stunt rigger, Automated systems rigging, Lighting, and there intense management program a typical day would include preparing the system for the shows at night, as well as organising my team to perform maintenance checks and repairs across which ever venue i was on contract with. Management was defiantly an interesting part of the job due to the team was from different parts of the world so learning how to deal with situations and different personalities was a big learning curve for me.. the hardest part of the job was the intensity required to perform the role Disney is where it is because it expects the best from its staff which to be honest at first was challenging but over time it taught me excellent time management and how to figure out my strengths and weaknesses, in saying this the best part of the role was being able to grow and work all over the world and learn so many skills from engineers and others from all walks of life
Pros
Travel
Cons
very long hours
Perks not worth the pay/management
Live Chat Service Agent & eCommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The perks of discounts in the parks, hotels, and free admission seemed perfect at first, but then several months later the promise of fast growth and advancement is still empty. It's easy to get stuck in a position. Management is not supportive of cast and management doesn't have knowledge of the field, so their assistance is often more confusing than helpful. Pay is extremely low for the work that is expected of cast.
Fun Place to Work
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cinderella's Castle, Magic KingdomAugust 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has many benefits for workers, such as free park entry, and discounts on all merchandise, some food locations, and lodging.
For the bibbidi bobbidi boutique, a typical day would consist of coming into work with a positive, happy, smiling attitude and greeting the guests while in the Cinderella themed language. Management was personable, and willing to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was having a language barrier between some of the guests and myself. Luckily I speak Spanish, so I was able to help, not only myself while working, but also my coworkers, who called me over often to help with a Spanish speaking family. My favorite part of the job, was finally seeing the little girls face when she finally saw herself as a princess for the first time, and knowing I made a child smile, and to have the little girl really believe that she is a princess in the most magical place on Earth.
Pros
Amazing guest interactions, being covered in pixie dust, sweet coworkers, making magic for the guests.
Cons
Specifically in the BBB there was very limited room for advancement.
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Great Place to work
Internet Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A great place to start a career or need a transition. They take care of their employees. Work life balance is maintained. Benefits package work in your favor and just not the company's.
The world's best example of guest service!
Regional Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2017
~ The finest years of my personal career were spent with The Walt Disney Company
~ Management involved in every level of growth and development
~ Exceptional opportunities to advance in career
~ Outstanding reward and recogntion
Pros
Extremely positive and encouraging environment
Cons
The field hours require great flexibility
Fun place to work, low wages for their Cast Members.
Attractions Core Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 19, 2016
The pay doesn't match the work that is entailed for their leadership team at the resort. There is little to no room for advancement. Its a great part time job, but as a full time cast member, you cannot survive off these wages.
Pros
Fun & the health benefits are great.
Cons
Cannot live off these wages working 40+ hours a week
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
Great coworkers but pay does not reflect the work we do
CA Adventure Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I love working at Walt Disney Co. in Anaheim. The people I work with make the days so much better. However, I don't believe we get paid nearly enough for all the work that we do. Sometimes I do the work of custodial, maintenance, and attraction cast members all at one attraction on any given day. Not to mention the constant strain on our emotional stability, especially since I've been attacked 4 times since I started working there 7 months ago, and no one even bothered to try and help me at work. I believe this job is worth it because making magic for children is the best feeling in the world. I just wish I had more hours, job security, and better pay.
Pros
free admission to parks, great coworkers
Cons
low pay, not enough hours, worst guests in the world
Rewarding every day
Operations Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Your day is never going to be the same working at the Walt Disney Company. Your constantly interacting with guest from around the globe and of different backgrounds. The company encourages creativity and growth within the company as well as personally. With in a day you can expect to work in your home area, on a parade route spending time outdoors, be in an office for meetings, and your going to meet amazing people whom share personal stories that move you. Working with such a large number of people will be challenging and rewarding all in one. Being rewarded with some of the most amazing benefits you could imagine tops off the lifetime memories.
Pros
Free park admission, stellar health insurance, world class entertainment
Cons
the drive to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2