The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,060 reviews matching the search
Fun Working Place
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
It is a great company to work due to the benefit package that they provide, it also makes you feel you are in a fantasy world. I've learned how to cope with change and a lot of challenges. The hardest part of the job I have is that it is very sacrificing and stressful. The cast members are like family.
Where Magic Happens
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 2, 2016
Disneyland is a magical place to work at. I've learned that every guest that enters the park is here for nothing but an amazing experience, and every cast member must follow through in their duties in order create a magical experience.
Intern
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
Was accepted into the Disney College Program were I worked in various settings with a diverse population. Received experience where I was able to gain an in-depth understanding of different managerial techniques utilized within a Fortune 500 company. While there, I was able to study Leadership, Marketing, and Sales through the accredited educational courses and seminars provided through The Walt Disney Company.
Great company & fantastic team
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 30, 2016
Working for the creators of the happiest place on earth is a thrill.
The company and culture are focused on the employee's wellness and work/life balance and workplace innovation.
Expand your knowledge
Associate Art Director (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 29, 2016
Disney Interactive was a great place to dabble with many different aspects of the Disney brand. The interactive side is still trying to figure itself out which often leads to frustration. Growing pains are always a part of large companies so if you could hang in through that you will be fine.
Disney
Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2016
Amazing Culture, but it's a very cut throat environment that boarders on slave labor sometimes. Management is also very hit or miss sometimes.
Temporary Position
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 29, 2016
Although my time at Disney was only five months. It was a temporary assignment. I was grateful for the opportunity to work there.
Fun and exciting environment
Cast Member/ College Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Disney is a fun place to work, but it is not all fun and games. It is a lot of hard work, but the benefits make up for the hours and not so pleasant guests that you come into interaction with.
Clubhouse " with HIP-HOP BEATS and Attitude
Announcer/D Jay (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 28, 2016
Overall, the experience and the knowledge I have gained in my professions i learned from starting at the bottom and rising to Executive. Through a great management team and others who supported me in all my strengths and my weaknesses, the many days with long enduring deadlines and assignments that were to be completed. My days were always filled with organization that sometimes was not what I expected. It was in fact grueling at times and very frustrating when you were trying to hold conversations with many people on different problem solving issues. I also have hit the wrong switches and recorded some pretty funny things over the years that of course had to be edited and rerecorded before it was ever used material. i can tell you that It got difficult at times the hours were long and having time for me was not part of the deal. Holding me accountable and dependable at awkward times for meetings that were not scheduled or planned and being on sets or in studios changes were being made all the time.
Pros
Working with Younger Genre
Cons
Not being a Young Genre anymore! :)
Great Company
Disneyland 3rd Shift Custodian (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 26, 2016
Many opportunities to advance in the company. Large diversity of coworkers, plus have an opportunity to meet people from all over the world
Pros
Free admission, discounts based on sonority, amazing health benefits.
Cons
Pay could be better
Great Resume Builder
Entertainment and Ops Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2016
Coming into the biggest entertainment company in the world is challenging yet rewarding. Unfortunately the pay is not adequate and the hours are limited. After working in the parks for over a year in a variety of roles I have discovered that this is a great company for entry level workers and retirees, but if you are looking to make a livable wage, it is in your best interest to avoid the grind of working in the parks.
Pros
Free park tickets, Amazing resume experience
Cons
Open on holidays, Inadequate pay
pleaseant work environment
WebMethods Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 23, 2016
Good Working Experience with the Team. Acquired lot of knowledge during the work process. Well established Circumstances to work with the different Teams. Indulges in different Activities after the working hours with the Mates.
Pros
The Best Work Place
Great Networking possibilities
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 23, 2016
Good base for learning and developing in your career as you start out. Able to grow your personal and professional brand by partnering with various different departments on a daily basis. Good medical and educational benefits.
N/a
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2016
The college program was not what I expected at all. Worked 46-58 hours a week with three 14 hour shifts a week. Will not be returning to this company.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Cool
Office Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2016
What cool experience to work in Hollywood and in the movie industry. Disney was awesome, the people are great, the company is great. Everyone is all smiles.
Disney Attractions Host
Disney College Program Intern and Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2016
Great place to meet people from all over the world and learn to be accepting and understanding of all people from all different backgrounds and ways of life.
Difficult times
Manager, Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2016
Leadership is struggling to create moral. Seems every year they are downsizing or cutting resources, but the work never reduces. Travel has been suspended, yet still required to work with people across the country.
Pros
access to parks
Cons
constaint struggle worrying about job
fun place to work
Lead/support role (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 15, 2016
everyday is an adventure no day is the same in my area we learn about our guest from all over the world .being by the ocean is amazing sunsets, sea life and experiences.
Pros
park pass n passes n discounts
Fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 15, 2016
This company is great to start or develop a long term career. They have great opportunists, provide excellent orientation, training and help you channel your interest and potential within the company.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
schedule
Fun and Family Friendly
Attractions Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
Working at the disney world parks was one of the best things I have gotten to experience. The staff at disney is great, always there to help you if you need help and are kind to new fellow cast members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2