The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

There were many benefits
Custodial host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed the third shift. You were your own boss. There weren’t many guests. It was a relaxed atmosphere. There were many benefits. The health insurance really helped.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Sometimes the went slow
Positive work place
Server, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2017
Great Benefits
Management needs improvement
Fair work place
Happy environment
Great guest experiences
Enjoy training at different locations of the hotel
Very fast paced.
Status Coordinator Flame Tree Barbecue (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 15, 2017
Great Company, but the lack of advancement is hard to work through. The environment is second to none and the experience gained working for the Walt Disney Company is second to none.
Disney Review
Security Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 14, 2017
Great company to work for. The pay is not the greatest but the company's allows the flexibility to live a flexible life. I have had very good management teams and learned a lot to kickstart my career.
Go find another job
Operations Cast Member - Magic Kingdom (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Not the ideal place to work - underpaid and lack of respect from management. Every employee is a dime a dozen. Moreover, there is a lack of coordination. Management lacks the ability to make important decisions. It is a reactionary culture rather than proactive.
Great Company to Work for
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 12, 2017
If you love Disney, you would love working for them! It is a wonderful and fun company to work for with great benefits. When you work for Disney it is not just a job it is a lifestyle.
Pros
Networking opportunities, benefits, job security
Not all what it seems
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 12, 2017
My experience here wasn't all magical. It wasn't perfect and full of light like they expect the Walt Disney Company to be. Managers are almost abusive leaving employees for hours with very short breaks
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
wonderful
Oracle Developer & Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2017
It was wonderful to work in disney. Very positive and encouraging workers. No differentiation between contractor or employee. However , in some projects it is hectic
Good company, good job
Costume Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 11, 2017
I had a good experience in my role, but it's a big company, so I can't speak for everyone within the organization. Unfortunately, with so many roles I'm not sure if I am representative of the average employee.
Very quick paced work environment with excellent training and high standards
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2017
Rigorously high standards and training that empowers you professionally. The experience and skills I gained from The Walt Disney Company were extremely life changing and I apply experiences from it daily to my professional and work life. Highly organized and professional organization that develops, empowers, and advances great cast members.
Productive place to work for (not onsite)
Translator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2017
I did translations from English to Spanish for The Walt Disney in Orlando as a vendor, on a temporary/contract basis. I was not an employee. The set up for payments was quick and professional.
Productive and Fun
Train and mentor team members (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney Travel Orlando FLOctober 10, 2017
Worked in several areas at this company. Managers and leads were fun and caring. But some of the directors did a lot of favoritism at some of the departments. A few directors had controlling personalties and a too proud attitude. Somewhat of a I"m better than you personality. All in all, I do reccomed
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Mandatory 8 hours overtime each week. Directors need a kindness class.
Oppressive environment
Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2017
Not a great place to work...priority changes too much, learned to care of people, management can be very deceptive. Hard to enforce policy and procedures. I enjoyed working with the Cast members
Pros
Discounts with purchasing new vehicles
Cons
No advancement
n/a
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
I worked here for a while. Disney is very strict with attendance and performance. Most days I was scheduled at least 12 hours straight. New employees and interns get worked the most.
Enjoyable and relax no stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
I cried when i left i didnt want to leave but i had to move to another state. I love disney's company they treat you well. I was a part timer so there was no benefits for me but it was fun working there.
Pros
Free disney card access
Cons
No free food for F&B
Enjoyed working here
Worker (Former Employee) –  Vista, FLOctober 9, 2017
Learned a lot from the management. They taught how to be productive with inventory, replenishing stock and of course treating the customer like #1. They are the bloodline of any business.
Pros
Helpful management
best place to work
usher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
its great to work there i want to work there again. people were nice. you get to wear cool costumes. can pick up extra shifts online if you want to work at other locations.
Pros
flexible schedule awesome place
Cons
very strict
magical
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 8, 2017
great place to have a career. Great product, great brand. I would still be there if the stores weren't closed. I t never felt like a job, always excited to go in and sell to Disney collectors.
Pros
Magical
Cons
closed
Change in Management had poor in communication
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 8, 2017
My typical day at work was I was responsible for daily incoming cash, checks, ach transfer & post payments in SAP. Enjoyed the free pass to disneyland
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Great for tourist. Not so much for employees
Cast Member Attractions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2017
For every tourist that comes to Disney, getting a magical experience is the one thing they want to get above all else. And for us employees at the Walt Disney Company, we really do our best to provide and care for that magic. Not all, but most of us.
Most of us worked 6 days of the week at rush time during the peek seasons, which can last for months.
The pay is good, but if you come in with the disney College program, you can expect a lot of hours but no time for a social life.
If you dont need that, then its right up your alley
They provide living quarters, buses to transport you from and to work and a whole lot of discounts.
Me, i like having a social component in my life. so i dont see myself going to work with them again anytime soon.
Pros
Good pay, they give you a fair amount of discounts, Disney attempts to host social activities and events via the Disney college program.
Cons
Really short breaks, No time for a social life most of the time, you can save but with difficulty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2