The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,059 reviews matching the search
Great cast members, poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2016
The company as a whole seems to lack the magic it was first inspired by and more money hungry. management needs to be restructured throughout the company - at least in parks & resorts - and there should be better pay. The benefits are great and the cast members are incredible. The company is misleading in regards to career advancement - you are told you can move up but company loyalty seems to not matter since alot of higher positions seem to come from outside whereas current cast members stay stagnant in their current roles which creates frustration and resentment - this needs to change. Also, the pay needs to improve - cast members are the face of Disney and should be treated with more love and respect - cast members are being paid at poverty rates which is not cool.
Incredible environment for creative growth.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  BurbankOctober 7, 2016
A great opportunity to enrich and enhance the lives of an under served target audience. Working within the Disney company provided amazing exposure and chances for advancement. As with any large company senior management can be a challenge as they often are listening to financial as opposed to the audience. Resulting in slow release and often behind the curve in core deliverables. All in all a very positive environment with expected shortfalls.
Pros
Creative workforce, team environment great benefits.
Cons
Senior management often impedes progress due to relational issues.
Overall good company for which to work
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2016
Overall, the company is enjoyable. The company does a lot of good in the community and being part of the brand can be fun. As a general rule, there are fun team building events and quality leadership to help with professional development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn something new if you take initiative.

I wish there was more work-life balance in the company as a whole. Some departments are better than others. Not all departments emphasize or hold as many team events either.

I have heard other companies pay better salaries, but the total benefits package is nice. Good medical, decent retirement plans, and other fringe benefits for a good total package.
Pros
Lots of leaning oportunites
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority in all departments
Fun Place to Work
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cinderella's Castle, Magic KingdomAugust 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has many benefits for workers, such as free park entry, and discounts on all merchandise, some food locations, and lodging.
For the bibbidi bobbidi boutique, a typical day would consist of coming into work with a positive, happy, smiling attitude and greeting the guests while in the Cinderella themed language. Management was personable, and willing to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was having a language barrier between some of the guests and myself. Luckily I speak Spanish, so I was able to help, not only myself while working, but also my coworkers, who called me over often to help with a Spanish speaking family. My favorite part of the job, was finally seeing the little girls face when she finally saw herself as a princess for the first time, and knowing I made a child smile, and to have the little girl really believe that she is a princess in the most magical place on Earth.
Pros
Amazing guest interactions, being covered in pixie dust, sweet coworkers, making magic for the guests.
Cons
Specifically in the BBB there was very limited room for advancement.
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Not for teachers!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 29, 2016
Yes you read it right, Disney has a children's center in Burbank and Glendale and I had the unfortunate pleasure of working at the Glendale site. These teachers are so prideful and rude, you couldn't do anything without getting snitched on to management that you're not being "Disney show" The needs of the children never come first, it's always look good in front of parents. The management played favorites, even teachers who were cussing other teachers out, nothing happened to them because they were favored. People with bad attitudes got to do whatever they want, like sweep sand all day and not even interact with the kids.
I had to watch my back everyday for fear of my job. This place doesn't know a thing about education and professionalism.

I'm sure the rest of the company is fine, but if you're thinking of working at their preschool I would think twice. It was not a great experience at all!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Excellent place to work and develop
Analyst, Food and Beverage Business Optimization (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Project based work, so lots of ad hoc request. Fun data mining 90% and 10% was month end consolidating. I developed my excel, data mining and deck presentation skills. Management style was supportive and always asked how they can help you reach your career goals. Co-workers were great and happy. The hardest part of the job was finding the most accurate data, due to so many data sources. The most enjoyable part was the analytical work and fun ad hoc requests.
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
Learned a lot from this company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working at Walt Disney was challenging and fulfilling as well.
The trainings and the systems were wonderful experiences for me. I treasure them and have used them on my next work assignments.

I worked at Disney very seriously that I felt challenged in succeeding every role I got.

Management at Disney depended on the personality. I knew that overall the company had good management.

Working with Disney was very fulfilling.
Pros
Trainings and experiences.
Cons
Compensation
Competitive and Results Driven Department
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
While overall a fantastic company to work for, the events department is extremely stressful as clients/Guests are passed on to different departments through the Sales to the Service stage. As a result, Guests can have flawed expectations of type of event they will receive or how it will actually be executed. It takes great partnerships and precise communication to the event staff to successfully pull off events at Disney.
Pros
Discounts on Disney experiences
Cons
Difficult work life balance, many people competing for roles which makes advancement difficult
It's Disney
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Disney for the longest time. I worked at a brand new animation studio and enjoyed the people for the most part. I never could connect with my peers being among an older/family job crew. Lots of great parties and celebrations among the several lay-offs and project cancellations.
Pros
Great culture, amazing work/life balance.
Cons
No room for internal growth. Can stagnate in the same position.
Great environment to get hands on experience
Publicity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 29, 2016
I came to Disney straight out of College. It was a great place to start my career and learn what corporate America is all about.

Learned the power of working relationships and that job well done doesn't always garner a promotion. You have to seek it and you have to be your own cheerleader.

I loved working alongside the colleagues who put the same amount of time, sweat, and tears into a projects and enjoyed seeing the twinkle in the eyes of children as they would see a film for the first time.
Pros
Silver Pass.
Cons
work life balance.
Solid and creative company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2016
I have no complaints about working for Disney. I have been proud to work for such a prestigious company who time and again dominates the entertainment media industry by focusing on quality. People that work there are passionate and really enjoy what they do. Management by and large makes smart decisions, and the work culture has been great. Being in the entertainment business, job stability is much more chaotic.
Fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 15, 2016
This company is great to start or develop a long term career. They have great opportunists, provide excellent orientation, training and help you channel your interest and potential within the company.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
schedule
Great Networking possibilities
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 23, 2016
Good base for learning and developing in your career as you start out. Able to grow your personal and professional brand by partnering with various different departments on a daily basis. Good medical and educational benefits.
Great company & fantastic team
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 30, 2016
Working for the creators of the happiest place on earth is a thrill.
The company and culture are focused on the employee's wellness and work/life balance and workplace innovation.
Great quality company, benefits outweigh costs
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2016
People are generally helpful and competent. Disney benefits and discounts are very worthwhile, especially in SoCal/Florida area. Pay and other basic health benefits are a bit below average. Big company means you have to take initiative and drive own career
Poor Management
Facilities Administrator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Manager and director were condescending and micro-managing. Very professionally discourteous. Little or no work/life balance. Very disjointed organization; no common vision.
Pros
Salary, perks and benefits
Cons
Little or no work life balance
Magical and enjoyable workplace, where you get to make dreams come true
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 19, 2016
A typical day of work at the Disney Store is fun, energetic, and impossible not to enjoy. I've learned a lot about guest service in my time with them. The management is great, though there are sometimes a few minor issues, mostly with scheduling. My co-workers are some of the nicest people I've ever met, always able to bring a little more magic and fun into the days of our guests. The hardest part of the job is juggling multiple responsibilities while servicing guests on our busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a parent asks me to find something for a child and seeing the child's face when I found exactly what he or she wanted.
Pros
20% discount on merchandise, open and friendly environment
Cons
Not many hours, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2